[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People are always discussing about when the "Jump the shark"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Shark_fighting_Finn.png (108KB, 287x337px) Image search: [Google]
Shark_fighting_Finn.png
108KB, 287x337px
People are always discussing about when the "Jump the shark" moment occurred in The Simpsons, but I am interested in hearing /co/'s opinion of when they think Adventure Time jumped the shark. What was the moment or episode that did this for you?
>>
Never. I am always entertained when I watch it.
>>
When Princess Bubblegum fell into the Lich's pool of souls
>>
>>88441876
Flame Princess ark was the moment. All of the stupid tropes, dumbass plot turns, and idiotic characterization came full force turning loads of fans off the show. That single arc is why most of my friends don't watch anymore.
>>
File: kabal crystal runner.jpg (172KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kabal crystal runner.jpg
172KB, 900x1200px
When we finally met Finn's dad and Finn finally lost his arm.

It had a huge build-up with high potential, but the payoff was shit.
>>
>>88441997
Your friends are pissbabies.
>>
>>88441876
Probably Wizard City. That is the first episode I can remember that signified the downward turn.
>>
Isnt Finn a god now or something?
Does the purple asteroid thing get relevant at some point?
>>
File: na01keR0ur1t75hdmo1_1280.jpg (109KB, 748x1068px) Image search: [Google]
na01keR0ur1t75hdmo1_1280.jpg
109KB, 748x1068px
For me it was Something Big
>>
>>88441876
never
>>
B R E E Z Y
>>
>>88441876
Probably the introduction of Fire Princess

although maybe its a little later at Fire and Frost

basically when Finn stopped being all about adventures and became out stupid teen shipping drama
>>
While the Fire Princess Arc was the dropping off point for most people since it was the culmination and high of pretentious stupidity, the negative elements that were components of it's narrative failure were building steadily for a long while before it.

The pretense of not being episodic, with a fake overarching narrative that never moved forward and always rubber-banded back to status quo, significantly hurt the series.
>>
>>88441876
Jake the Dad

I was legitimately angry at the end of that episode
>>
>>88441876
The arc with Princess Bubblegum being 13 was definitely the start of a downward spiral.
>>
>>88442681
We're all god :^)
>>
Adventure Time was always already jumping the shark. Deal with it.
>>
File: 1441717396816.jpg (207KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441717396816.jpg
207KB, 1200x1080px
>>88442960
>>
>>88441997
This.
>>
>>88443277
What does that even mean.
>>
>>88442742
Dead, off camera.
Jesus H Christ I forgot that shit-pile of an episode.
>>
>>88441876
They never did. All in all, it only has 2 bad episodes.
>>
Breezy was when I gave up on it but I'd say the alarm bells started ringing with Jake the Dad.
>>
>>88441876
Daddy's fries
>>
>>88443447
You shouldn't have. There hasn't been a single bad episode since then.
>>
Never gave up on the show and never will, but Jake the Dad and to a much greater extent Breezy are the closest I ever got.

At least they're salvaging Finn's arm but Jake's kids are always gonna be a waste of space.
>>
>>88443531
I remember /co/ raging hard about the finale with the comet or whatever.

That doesn't give me confidence.
>>
>>88443582
>I remember /co/ raging hard about the finale with the comet or whatever.
They didn't really complain about the comete, they were still angry about the Arm and Breezy. The final was a-okay for most, when people actually talked about it.
>>
>>88441876
It jumped the shark when Pen gave up on trying to unify his staff, as they went their separate ways on writing the show without any connection to each other's work

basically, Pen realized he hired autists and left cause he got bored
>>
>>88442080
dont worry, he'll get his roboarm in upcoming mini-series
>>
>>88441876
Never- its still going strong. Probably better than ever actually.
>>
>>88443030
>although maybe its a little later at Fire and Frost
I think that's it. Shortly afterwards the attention here on /co/ started dwindling.
>>
That stupid crap where he went into outer space and it amounted to nothing.
>>
>>88442960
this was when i stopped watching for a while.
>>
>>88443383
He came back to life in another episode and started dating his wife again.
>>
>>88445621
>Like that makes up for all the bullshit
>>
When they started killing side characters off was when it started going downhill
When it really sucked was when they kept bringing said side characters back to life, effectively removing all tension
>See Season 4 finale
>>
>>88441993
This. The series may not have instantly turned shitty, but that moment started the downward spiral.
>>
>>88450439
Why's that?
>>
>>88442085
at least he has friends
>>
>>88450465
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.