[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to make a hero/superhero who actually kills the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 42

Is there anyway to make a hero/superhero who actually kills the villain, but is still viewed as a hero?
>>
>>88441008
Wolverine?Punisher? Other guys?
>>
>>88441008
Marvel movies did it several times. It's simple just don't have people believe the hero is above killing. Superman and Batman are in a tough place because they have that cliche about them.
Iron Man shot a guy through te chest then made fun of him. He kicked his mentor into an exploding fusion reactor. He threw a nuke at a bunch of zombies. Cap has killed tons of guy in war. Thor has as well. Natasha as well. Hulk presumably killed a few dudes in Brazil and maybe some soldiers. Ant-man killed Cross. The Guardians kill tons of guys. It's not hard but certain heroes have hang ups about them.
>>
Except there was literally nothing Unheroic about killing Zod in Mos. It's tragic that it had to happen but the act of killing 1 life to save billions is still FACTUALLY heroic.

And Cap has killed hundreds of Nazis.
>>
>>88441178
i thought he killed him because otherwise he would have zapped his laser eyes through a family. and supe wasn't strong enough to make him turn away.
although that does call into question why he couldn't just forcibly angle the guy's neck up or something
>>
if it's in the heat of battle where lives are on the line, I say every time.
Now killing AFTER they give up or become unable to fight back, that's when it's unheroic
>>
OP your meme is delusional.
Refusing to make the hard choice when it factually puts hundreds to millions of lives in danger just to keep blood off your hands is negligent and the definition of unheroic.

And in MOS begged Zod not to force his hand.

OP your a lying misleading coward, burn in hell.
>>
>>88441205
Or cover his eyes with his hand.
>>
The only reason to keep villains alive is so they can keep reusing them in comicbooks. You dont have that problem with movies.
>>
>>88441205
Then what? Zod was growing stronger and stronger by the second and he's a military trained professional soldier Supes is nothing but a farmboy from Kansas. What happens if Supes puts him away? No prison can hold him. And whatever people he kills when he eventually escapes is on him. You guys are being shortsighted, this isn't comic canon this is movie canon with a newbie superman who doesn't know shit.
>>
>>88441286
Faora tried that with Clark, she burned her hand.
>>
>>88441205
Saving the family Is FAR from the stake in the situation. If Zod got out of the chokehold then they would have just resumed fighting in the middle of a city putting thousands in danger again and if Zod managed to defeat Superman then the entire world's population is in danger as Zod could kill us all one by one by hand.
>>
>>88441286
His hand would likely burn away before Zod could turn off the beam even if he wanted to.
And if his hand was strong enough to not burn away it would possibly deflect the blast all across the room possibly hitting other people.
>>
File: Unpopular Opinion.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
Unpopular Opinion.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
I actually liked the idea of Supe's being forced to stoop to his level to save people. It could make for good drama.

It's everything else that was dumb from why take so long to decide to kill him when all of Metropolis was in ashes already by now to everything about Pa Kent.
>>
>>88441008
Do you seriously think killing Zod before his eye beams incinerated a family makes that version of Superman not-a-hero?
>>
>>88441008
Sure, by having him kill a faggot megalomaniac dousche like zod.
If I lived in the snyderverse I'd probably have a few superman T shirts.
>>
File: OptimuskillsSentinel.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OptimuskillsSentinel.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>88441239
NOOO OPTIMUS!
>>
>>88441289
>No prison can hold him
ITT people who never read comics bitch about how movies are different than comics.
>>
>>88441400
>from why take so long to decide to kill him when all of Metropolis was in ashes already
Metropolis was in ashes before the fight started.
Even if he had choose to kill Zod earlier he didn't have anyway to do it before the choke hold.
>>
File: 1481677481572.jpg (131KB, 868x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1481677481572.jpg
131KB, 868x1227px
>>88441400
The movie makes much more sense if you think that Pa Kent was Darkseid in disguise.
>>
>>88441008
>Hero:
>a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
>(in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.
>(in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.
>the bread or roll used in making a hero sandwich.
If you stop bad shit (that youdidn't direcly cause) from happening, you are a hero.
>>
There was literally nothing wrong with Supes killing Zod in Man of Steel. In fact, he should've done it sooner so there would've been way less casualties and property damage. Honestly, I think heroes like Batman not killing literal mass murderers is way more reprehensible.

The movie still suck tbqh.
>>
>>88441500
How??????????????????????
Teaching Clark that sometimes the needs of the many outway the needs of the few doesn't make him evil you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>88441008
What a silly pic.

What Superman SHOULD have done was taken away Zod's powers, rendering him completely defenseless. Then he should have crushed his hand and threw him off a cliff while smiling.
>>
>>88441008
Should've just grabbed Zod's nuts and crushed them.

Alternatively put a finger in his rectum.
>>
>>88441508
>been way less casualties and property damage.
Not really only 1 building and most of a parking garage fully fell during their one on one fight.
>>
>>88441477
Way to completely disregard everything else I said in my post dumbass.
>>
File: ZO and J with Berry.jpg (131KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZO and J with Berry.jpg
131KB, 1440x1080px
Be Japanese.

I think it's good that MoS and BvS exists, I see more people talking about "muh Superman" nowadays and I'm quite happy to see that people want Superman to be the man who can do no wrong, the hero that always finds a way.
>>
>>88441516
>"Take away zod's powers"
Fucking HOW? What sort of insane silver age psychic pulled from ass bullshit would he use for this feat?
>>
>>88441008
>The superman you know and love
the superman i love and know killed zod and his henchmen using kryptonite.
>>
>>88441547
Everything else didn't matter, pointis he only JUST got out of the phantom zone, into Belle Reeve. You know nothing of the DCU penal system.
>>
>>88441508
I like Batman. But the thing with him not killing the Joker is beyond retarded by now.

I like to imagine him in purgatory standing before thousands and thousands of murdered souls, explaining that they're dead because he is too good to kill a psychopath.

And why? It's not like he had Pa Kent or Uncle Ben to ram that kind of bullshit into his head.
>>
Didn't Snyder say that killing Zod was supposed to be the reason why Superman doesn't kill?

Like how not killing without a solid reason was not good enough so he wanted supes to know what killing feels like.
>>
>>88441508
Completely agree. My only gripe with the killing was that Clark didn't try to to reason with him, he just started punching the shit out of him and eventually broke his neck. THE LEFT HIS BODY AND SHIP TO BE TAKEN BY LEXCORP AFTER SPENDING THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE MOVIE SAYING HUMANITY WASN'T READY FOR HIM, THESE IDIOTS ARE FOCUSING ON THE WRONG FUCKING NIT TO PICK.
>>
>>88441287
This is your correct answer, folks.

What started out as comic code stuff to not show children a hero killing (even justified) got turned culturally into "you're no better than them!" or some other such nonsense.

I'm old enough to remember having seen Star Wars on its initial release, as a kid, and I was indeed shocked Han flat-out killed Greedo to stop Greedo from capturing him. It's this sense to children that caused the change.

(DESU, Dorthy's giant egg timer running out while the Tin Man chopped through the door stressed me out a hell of a lot more. Adults don't realize the impact stuff has on emotional newbies.)

"Grimdark" is about serving up a little more stress to now-adults. But writing Superman that way is just failure on the imagination of writers -- your job, you have one god damned job, is to figure out how Superman CAN save the day without killing.
>>
>>88441514
He literally told Clark he should have let a busload of children drown just in case someone found out a secret.

I liked Man of Steel, but Kevin Costner's Pa Kent was a weird cunt.
>>
Zod was 100% justified.

Lets skip to the dictator since someone will inevitably bring it up.
In my book, we didn't see a body and Clark states "I didn't kill those men" so he isn't dead.

But for the sake of argument let say he is.
What else could he have done...

>> Heated up the gun?
Unclear if his beams are that precise at that distance.
Could have caused the ammo to go off.
Could have caused the Dictator to panic and fire.

>> Speed forced over and grabbed it?
His speed isn't subtle, it contains alot of impacting force hence him telling Lois to stand back when he took flight in Mos, he could have harmed Lois or shook the dictator's hand into pulling the trigger.
>>
>>88441600
Batman is just a troubled, highly skilled and rich person.

He doesn't kill because he sees everyone as mom and dad, even the Joker.
>>
>>88441514
Everything that went wrong on Clark's life, including his shitty reception as Superman, lack of any friends and autism, or the fact that he revealed himself so late in life, can be traced to Pa Kent scaring him off.
>>
More like Man of MURDER
>>
File: mcu johnny blaze.gif (2MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
mcu johnny blaze.gif
2MB, 400x223px
>>88441008
MCU.

But then again, most of them were always killers.Just read Iron Man's origin story where he blows up an entire village filled with the Vietcongs that imprisoned him.
>>
>>88441615
After Zod activated the Black Zero and after he stated "I am going to kill them all one by one" out of spite, reasoning was far FAR past being a option dude.
>>
>>88441631
>He doesn't kill because he sees everyone as mom and dad, even the Joker.
That doesn't pass the smell test. We need someone else try to explain this bullshit.
>>
>>88441631
>>88441600

He is from a catholic family, he got educated in asia and his dad was a doctor.

For him EVERY life is sacred, it's not just trauma
>>
>>88441514
>??????????????????????
>outway
>can't into commas
Shouldn't you be at school or something?
>>
>>88441627
NO HE DID NOT.
It was not a serious recommendation, he spit it out in desperation to get his point across, he looks like he was gonna puke as he said it.
Said secret could cause social upheavals across the world that could cause mass deaths.
Genocides have happened over lesser things then a godly powerful being being known to exist that basically proves all religions wrong.
>>
>>88441596
>"this isn't comic canon this is movie canon with a newbie superman who doesn't know shit."

What the fuck does it say right there aspie? Learn some reading comprehension before you talk out your ass.

At that point in time Clark DOESN'T KNOW SHIT, he's got a guy who'll eventually become as powerful as him, with military training, who's been wooping his ass across the city, who's just sworn to eliminate every human and is about to barbecue some people. He just used his only means of creating a phantom zone, Belle Reve hasn't been created yet and the only way they're able to contain their most powerful pyrokinetic is because he doesn't WANT to escape. Maybe you should pay more than superficial attention to the DCCU.
>>
>>88441685
>he got educated in asia
What's that go to do with it?
>>
>>88441627
>literally

No, he said that he doesnt have the answers, and that clark needs to understand that he coming out will change the world forever.

Nothing wrong with what he said
>>
>>88441638
Justifiably so.
He was a immature brat up until Pa's Death so he wasn't ready to be a hero.
A shitty reception was going to happen no matter what in this realistic paranoid world.
>>
File: 1480598860897.webm (2MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480598860897.webm
2MB, 960x400px
>>88441008
Yes
>>
For the last fucking time, it's not their job. If Green Goblin needs to die, put him on trial and execute the fucking guy. Superheroes are not qualified to make the decision on who gets to live and who dies.
>>
>>88441629
The thing is, when a lot of fans go to see a superman movie, they don't want to see how themselves, or anyone else would have managed the situation, they want to see how Supes, the parangon of doing things right, manages it, without steping down to the bad guy's level, that's why so many peoplefelt betrayed, becasuethey see that instead of coming up with something he went fuck it and killed Zod.
>>
>>88441693
The fuck are you even talking about.

This shit didn't even happened with him revealing himself, and following Pa Kent advices fucked things over way more in retrospect. Instead of an earlier Superman making his debut on his own terms, we got the Zod incident and a psichologicaly demaged Clark.
>>
>>88441448
Fuck sentinel he got what he deserved

Movie prime best prime
>>
>>88441668
Batman, for his love of costumed theatrics, believes in the SYSTEM of justice. He doesn't believe ANYONE should be judge, jury, AND executioner. If someone is going to die, they should die at the decision of the State after being declared guilty by a jury of their peers.
>>
>>88441741
In the movies defense, he didn't say "fuck it" nor took the killing non-chalantly.
>>
>>88441008

Don't make a big deal out of it and you're fine.

MoS's big problem wasn't that Superman killed, it's that they had to have Zod threaten a picturesque nuclear family who couldn't move five feet to get out of the way and then spent the whole rest of the movie brooding over it.

If Iron Man kills the bad guy it's basically job done, go home. Captain America is a boyscout type but nobody complains when he takes a gun and kills eight people in ten minutes. That's because the films don't dwell on the idea that for some reason a hero has no right to kill someone trying to kill people.

Especially since Superman was kind of flippant before that. Making out with Lois when the dust literally hadn't settled and there could still be people dying in the ruins of Metropolis was in bad taste. You could say there's some in universe explanation for it but the fact is the image simply doesn't look good. For Superman to literally try to get his dick wet at ground zero, then whip around and make that kind of call, and have the call be given such weight, is a complete tonal 180.
>>
>>88441741
Nonsense, I want to see Superman being as flawed and terrible as me. I don't want heroes to be heroic, I want them to be Marvel heroes.
>>
>>88441740
What if they can't be held for trial?
What if they can kill the entire human race by hand and a nuclear bomb can't stop them?
>>
File: 1476591260164.jpg (302KB, 862x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1476591260164.jpg
302KB, 862x1215px
I don't even mind that he killed Zod, I mind that he did in a dumb manner that could have killed the very people he was trying to save.
>Zod tries to kill people to our right with his heat vision
>how do I stop that?
>better snap his neck towards the right, no chance this would cause his literally light-fast laser vision to roast those people
>>
>>88441711
Buddhism and mostly Taoism related adoctrination, most of his masters were pretty much all about protecting life and the innocent.
>>
>>88441693
Yeah he did.

"I just wanted to help"

"I know you did, but we talked about this, you have to keep this part of yourself a secret"

"What was I supposed to do? Let them die?"

"Maybe".

And it was framed in a sit-down talk of how he should behave in future. It was awful, awful, awful parental advice to an obviously good kid.
>>
>>88441703
>Readig comprehension
Says the retard who just changed the subject from Zod to Superman
Im not even finishing reading your retardogram because you're too stupid to bother with, even for Anon.
>>
>>88441720
Multiple comics do a better job with it, without Pa Kent destroying Clark's life, Morrison's Superman for example. MOS execution was just shit and because of that, badly received.
>>
>>88441792

You are a retard if that's whatyou got from the escene.
>>
>>88441764
>This shit didn't even happened
It doesn't matter if it happens for real or not, the fear and consideration of the possibility is still valid and to not consider it is naive if not flat out negligent.

And THAT IS THE POINT, to give us a flawed unprepared Superman.
>>
File: 1478559256186.jpg (154KB, 750x905px) Image search: [Google]
1478559256186.jpg
154KB, 750x905px
>>88441500
holy shit
>>
>>88441792

Pa was conflicted as fuck during that scene.
>>
>>88441766
this, writers that get Batman realize he works to create a city that can work by itself and where the system works
only hacks think he wants a "there will always be a Batman" scenario
>>
>>88441008
No.
>>88441083
Not heroes.
>>
>>88441801

Pa Kent in the golden age told Superman to not use his super-powers to help people until he was old. MoS took it from that.
>>
>>88441773
>Making out with Lois when the dust literally hadn't settled and there could still be people dying in the ruins of Metropolis was in bad taste.
No it wasn't, they just nearly died in a black hole, you saw the atoms peeling off his face. They were kissing out of a need for comfort and stability not out of romance, they where literally shaking as they embraced.
>>
>>88441803
You're a retard if you think a Pa Kent who wasn't a weird cunt would have ever said that.
>>
>>88441008
Batman Begins ending was perfect in that regard
>>
So.. old Sups just would let whole planet die?
>>
>>88441097
The Marvel movie "heroes" aren't even heroes. They're bad guys who happen to work for our team. The Suicide Squad were better heroes than them.
>>
>>88441792
His next words after "mabye" was...
"Look Clark, there is more at stake then our lives or the lives of those around us"
>>
>>88441287
>>88441625
Then why did certain heroes stop killing before the comics code existed?
>>
>>88441805
>It doesn't matter if it happens for real or not,

Matters because Pa Kent killed himself for nothing them, and every development on MOS was basically taking Clark to his pre-emotionaly scared self - when he saved kids because it was the right thing.

>And THAT IS THE POINT, to give us a flawed unprepared Superman.

There are actually good stories with this, fucking Landis has a better take on this. The fact that people mention Hancock as a major inspiration for these movies tell a lot.
>>
>>88441811
Yes he was. But when Clark flat out said "what was I supposed to do, let them die", with them being a bus full of his entire school class, the correct response would be a long pause, some oscar-worthy facial expressions of inner-struggle and then "No, no of course not son..."
>>
>>88441838

That's the thing, it doesn't fucking matter.

Superman is supposed to save people first and make out with Lois second. For him to just jump straight into the makeout doesn't look good. That scene is probably the most consistently harped on from the whole film besides the neck snapping.

Especially since their emotional situation holds no weight. This is Superman and Lois Lane. She gets threatened and shot at regularly and he's literally the unflappable man of steel. The idea that while the crisis is still going on and people are still dying they're entitled to a personal break, and GET IT, before going off to fight the guy while floating on his belly, is ridiculous.
>>
>>88441882

>the correct response would be a long pause, some oscar-worthy facial expressions of inner-struggle and then "No, no of course not son..."

But he wanted Clark to understand that he couldn't keep going around using his powers. That if he outed himself as a young kid he'd place in jeopardy his future as Earth's savior. That he should hide his powers until he was ready to properly use them. That Smallville was just a city, while the world as a whole needs more.
>>
>>88441880
>fucking Landis has a better take on this.
BULL FUCKING SHIT!
Both American Alien & Earth One make him a selfish uncaring piece of shit, In Mos he GENUINELY wants to help people but holds back because helping them pubically could cause MORE harm.
>>
>>88441732
Pretty harsh, Optimus.
>>
>>88441795
You're an idiot and you don't even know it, that's sad.
>>
>>88441852
No, he would have bested Zod from years of training with the Legion of Super-heroes and various adventures as Superboy, a huge advantage that this version didn't have. Retards just think that as soon as Superman gets his powers he has complete control of them.
>>
File: zod's neck ever again.jpg (65KB, 523x520px) Image search: [Google]
zod's neck ever again.jpg
65KB, 523x520px
>>88441178

when i first saw Man of Steel my mom was like, why didn't he snap Zod's neck to begin with.

and no i'm not kidding.
>>
>>88441871
Yeah... like busloads of children?
>>
>>88441008
What would superman say about war heroes, who are heroes because they killed the most

I bet superman would have a right little patriotic boner for war heroes, the hypocrite
>>
>>88441828
Not really, he said to use when the situation calls for it, on the "right time". Stop using reddit images without context.
>>
>>88441083
>Wolverine
>implying mutants can ever be heroes in the eyes of the public
At best, they're completely right about someone else being a worse villain, and half the time it's another mutant.
>>
>>88441795
Anon, go back. reread this>>88441289 carefully.
>>
>>88441880

Superman's origin story, when he's raw and flawed and unprepared, is literally the most common and rote-ass thing you can do with the character at this point. It got like 50 seasons on the WB. It got a cartoon on kids WB. It got it's own mini series in the silver age. It was the first thing they did post crisis. It was the first thing they did New 52 and did it twice at once.

Trying to excuse Man of Steel as an origin story, as if this somehow isn't what we've been getting for decades more often than regular Superman adventures(we haven't gotten one of those on TV since Lois and Clark for example), is fucking stupid.
>>
>>88441950

Superman just don't want to have a guilty conscious. He'd let people die if that means he can keep a good night of sleep.
>>
>>88441944
That's hilarious. Wasn't she paying attention, though? Zod was winning the whole fight.
>>
>>88441923

That's great for you to say now, but nowhere is that stated in the film.
>>
>>88441956

Which means when he's old. Golden age Superman only donned his suit as a grown up man.
>>
And yet no complains about Superman destroying a ship which only purpose was to make kryptonian babies while declaring that an entire civilization had its chance.
>>
>>88441991

It's implied throughout the movie, specially at the end scene.
>>
>>88441501

In the final Superman comic, he folds himself around fine corned beef and vegetables and allows the children of the world to consume him. Thereby fulfilling the full prophecy.
>>
>>88441178
>act of killing 1 life to save billions is still FACTUALLY heroic.
No, the act of killing 1 guilty person to save billions is heroic. If he were innocent, then that would be villainous.

It's like the trolley problem where you could push the guy who started the trolley going in order to kill people. Pushing him isn't considered wrong to save the people because he was the one who was trying to kill them in the first place.
>>
>>88442002
Absolutely because 7-9 billion living lives trumps non living lives. Period.
>>
Literally all the Marvel films have them kill their villain
>>
>>88442002

Krypton had a toxic culture and their civilization had to go. Jor-El agreed that his people deserved to be wiped out. It was the right thing to do. Fuck Krypton and everything it stands for.
>>
>>88441008
If it's literally anyone but Superman, Spider-Man or Batman, really. I think that those 3 are the only ones who actually have the 'we don't kill' label attached in the general public eye.
>>
>>88441978

If he was SUPERman, he'd do both. He'd trick Zod into blasting away all his powers through heat vision into the atmosphere and subdue him then. Or he'd get Zod to the bottom of the ocean and keep him pinned with ocean pressure. Or he'd throw him into some kind of Star Labs fusion reactor. He'd beat him in a way that was visually interesting but not kill him.
>>
>>88442015
the end scene that directly contradicts the themes of nature vs. nurture?
>>
>>88441008
So the trunks really make a differce? Is that where Superman keeps his no kill rule?
>>
>>88442030
Dormammu and Zemo are still alive
>>
>>88441205
>although that does call into question why he couldn't just forcibly angle the guy's neck up or something
Because what do you do then? The Phantom Zone projector is gone, there's no prison on Earth that can hold him, and Zod gave an explicit confirmation that he would NEVER stop destroying the Earth.

Personally, the film frames it like suicide by cop to me. Zod has nothing to live for, so forces Superman to kill him because he knows that Clark doesn't want to hurt anyone.
>>
File: tumblr_nxnzxjIl3c1sq4537o1_1280.jpg (704KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxnzxjIl3c1sq4537o1_1280.jpg
704KB, 1249x1920px
>>88441928
Nah, Landis has a better and more realistic child and young Clark than MOS, as well as Morrison and Birthright. Pa Kent is also miles better, he overcoming his fear and embracing Clark after he lost control over his heat vision is much more of a powerful and poignant scene than telling your son that maybe some children should die or suicide by tornado.
>>
>>88442049

The end scene that shows Pa Kent seeing Clark's bright future.

And the movie's theme wasn't nature vs nurture, but rather the importance of the traditional family unit and how without it society decays.
>>
>>88442067
And the Avengers themselves didn't kill Strucker.
(fuck ultron & fuck whedon)
>>
>>88442039

>He'd beat him in a way that was visually interesting but not kill him.

Yes, because Superman only cares about his own conscious. He'll try anything so that he won't have to dirty his hands while people die around. Fuck other people, what matters the most is his mental health.
>>
>>88441992
>Which means when he's old.

No, this is just your headcanon.
>>
>>88442108

No, it isn't. Or else the comic would show teenage Superman using his powers.
>>
Snyder just didn't place enough of an effort into making people empathize with Clark throughout the movie so that people feel for him as opposed to against him when he kills Zod
>>
>>88442125
Superboy debuted in 1945
>>
>>88442076
Now... do you think a kid who would let his entire class die to keep something about himself secret would really grow up to be Earth's saviour?
>>
The thing I always found hysterical about the neck snapping scene was the idea that Zod's eye lasers were mapped to where his head was pointing instead of where his eyes were pointing.
>>
>>88442072
>Personally, the film frames it like suicide by cop to me. Zod has nothing to live for, so forces Superman to kill him because he knows that Clark doesn't want to hurt anyone.

Fucking this
>>
>>88442142

Which didn't fit with the original comics, thus Superboy was retconned into being Silver age Superman.
>>
>>88441814
>>88441766
Basically, Batman lets himself be the 'bad cop', so that Gotham City's legal services have to clean up and become the 'good cop'.
>>
>>88442157
Yes. I can't remember his actual lines but didn't he pretty much state that he was going to force him to kill him just to fuck him up?
>>
>>88441780
Even bigger reason, who says Earth has the right to execute galactic threats? Maybe the human race will be put on trail for murdering a deity.
>>
>>88442125
Not necessarily.

Pretty sure that "when the situation calls for it" includes "bus full of children that might die", Golden age Superman cared about people and Superboy was intriduced into his continuity not long after in 1945.
>>
>>88442144

Maybe...
>>
>>88441600
The thing about Batman isn't that he believes himself to be "too good" to kill monstrous people.
It's that he doesn't think he's good enough to stop himself from sliding down the slippery slope if he started.
>>
>>88442196
Nope, pretty sure this is how you raise a villain.

And not even a super villain. Like, a C-grade villain.
>>
>>88442195

>Golden age Superman cared about people and Superboy was intriduced into his continuity not long after in 1945.

The original golden age Superman comics had Superman showing up as a man. Only later that the Superbaby and Superboy stories were produced in Adventure Comics. Those stories later, because they didn't really fit golden age Superman early stories, were retconned as being silver age Superman's stories.
>>
>>88442201
God it would be a fun ride though
>>
File: dc-comics-parademons-161621.jpg (460KB, 994x616px) Image search: [Google]
dc-comics-parademons-161621.jpg
460KB, 994x616px
Have them fight Aliens that don't look like humans

Kill thousands of invading parademons and everyone will cheer for you
>>
>>88442125
The comics never show him in his early years having to face similar situations, so your argument is meanless.
>>
>>88442186
>There's only one way this ends, Kal. You die, or I do.
And even then, Clark refuses to kill Zod. His own life being on the line isn't enough for him to consider killing. It's only when he realizes that Zod will never stop killing the people of the world he's come to call home that he will finally, painfully take that choice.

I understand why people dislike Man of Steel. I understand why people might dislike the writing that led to the scene of Clark killing. But sentiments like those expressed in this comic >>88441008 are simply disingenuous.
>>
>>88442299

Because Earth-2 Superman only debuted as a grown man. My argument stands.
>>
>>88442307

Specially when Richard Donner's Superman killed Zod and his crew.
>>
>>88442312
No, because for what we know, he never had to face a bus full of children ready to die, unlike on MOS. My argument stands.
>>
File: 1368773831932.jpg (23KB, 462x327px) Image search: [Google]
1368773831932.jpg
23KB, 462x327px
Question
Is it pronounced Dark-seed or Dark-side?
I legitimately don't know, since Americans often seem to have trouble deciding how to say that syllable.
>>
>>88442337
Not only that, killed them with a heroic music swell.

Of course, in Donner's original cut they get led away to prison, if I remember. That movie has a fair few different cuts so I get them mixed up sometimes.

If I'm being honest, my perfect Superman film would strike a balance between the first Donner film and Man of Steel.
>>
>>88442362
Dark-side
>>
File: 381a4ff46c1363a01a6dc6980085bb7e.png (993KB, 1366x568px) Image search: [Google]
381a4ff46c1363a01a6dc6980085bb7e.png
993KB, 1366x568px
>>88442186
Yes

- "I'm going to make them suffer you've adopted, i will take them all from you one by one. There's only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die... or i do."

And then

- "If you love these people so much... you can mourn for them"
- "Don't do this! Stop!

Pefrect film
>>
>>88441740

How would you execute Doomsday anon?
>>
>>88442337
People will forgive a hero they already know and love

Same reason why they find Superman going back to punch those assholes in the diner charming.
>>
>>88441932
indeed, Bayverse Prime has always been on the brutal side but most of his kills are hard to object to, a vast swath of Decepticons who endanger human life, Megatron, a remorseless tyrant, his former mentor, who joined with him with intent to enslave humanity, the fallen, basically transformers Lucifer, and his first explicit human kill was basically a decepticon in human skin
>>
>>88442397
He isn't setient.
>>
>>88442086
ehh I didn't hate Ultron but it was a downgrade from the first Avengers flic
>>
>>88442397
the only good way to do Doomsday is to forget Doomsday ever existed and pick a different villain
>>
>>88441932
Sentinel killed Ironhide pretty much in the same way, Optimus was just following his mentor's steps
>>
>>88442419
>>88442430

Okay, how would you execute Darkseid anon?
>>
>>88442384
Wait... what?
>>
>>88442480
Nigga can't be killed for good.
>>
>>88441008
Yes. It's called EVERY HERO IN EVERY OTHER MEDIUM EVER.

STOP BEING SUCH A FAGGOT PANSY.
>>
>>88442075
>Who needs normal?
They why should he cares about the "normals"? This just sounds like a pompous artist.

>Landis
Oh, right.
>>
>>88442480
with a gun to kill a god, a god of death lured there, and singing

duh
>>
You could actually turn Spock's "the needs of the many" speech into a good villain-offing speech.
>>
>>88442520
I really think that you got the wrong interpretation there, /tv/friend.
>>
>>88442484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oszwO4x2Y0
>>
>>88442570
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That's so lame. In my head he will remain the Dark seed.
>>
>>88441828
>>88441956
Birthright Superman donned the costume at an older age and Pa Kent was hesitant about it. Considering Snyder took a lot from Birthright, I'd bet that's what he was referring to.
>>
Any superhero that was in the military prior to getting powers basically gets a free pass from writers when it comes to this stuff.

Captain America was a soldier in World War 2. Yeah, he killed plenty of Nazis and dosent feel bad about putting bad men down.

Hal Jordan was a military test pilot, and it helps he mostly deals with aliens who aren't even REAL people in the first place.
>>
>>88442520
>his phrasing isn't pitch perfect
>after he's advising his son after a traumatic event

This is what I don't get.
I understand that people want Pa Kent to be a good role-model for Clark, but the character gets fetishized into someone who people expect to be perfect 100% of the time and do no wrong.

The point of the character is that he's just an average American father who's in way over his head but has a strong enough moral center that Clark is still raised well. I think that him not speaking in a perfect way, covering all possibilities, works far better than framing him as a motivational speaker.
>>
>>88442605
Birthright Superman was younger than thirty-three and active in the world before donning it. The costume was a compromise.

You're not gonna like hearing this but Clark waits until he's thirty-three in Man of Steel because that's how old Jesus was when he exited the wilderness in the bible.
>>
>>88442597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToT9-DOUshY
>>
File: simple_wikipe_tan_by_kasuga39.jpg (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
simple_wikipe_tan_by_kasuga39.jpg
21KB, 350x350px
>>88441008
>Is there anyway to make a hero/superhero who actually kills the villain, but is still viewed as a hero?
simple, make the killing not that dramatic. it works for mario, zelda, luke skywalker...
>>
I'd rather have them kill than come up with retarded excuses like they do with Batman.

>lol all life is sacred!
>lol I am just crazy duuuude!
>lol I don't have the guts!

even worse when they have him save the villains
>>
>>88441178
>this mopey asshole
>factually heroic
lel
>>
>>88441289
>what is the phantom zone
They could have just had a better written Superman story that didn't call for killing to be the ultimate answer.
Or they could have shown how bad the killing really fucked him up. Instead of removing all weight and emotion from the scenario by having him kiss the woman that he barely knew at that point.
>>
>>88442665
>thirty-three

I don't think the age really matters in this case, it's more the sentiment of waiting to don the costume while going around helping people that was kept from the comic.
>>
>>88441008
Make it D*sney. That way no paid shills will appear to shitpost the scene to death.
>>
>>88442649
The problem is that you use the result as evidence of something that isn't there. "Clark grows up to be Superman so he must have gotten that moral grounding and had a good well adjusted childhood". That we don't need to see the process because we see the final product.

But that doesn't follow as much as you insist it does. Especially when a perfectly viable alternative and commonly made but never truly addressed counter argument is "The movie is poorly written and Clark does things because the plot needs him to in that exact moment".

I think you're misinterpreting the complaints. The problem isn't the theory of having more flawed """"realistic""" versions of the characters, but rather that the execution and character progressions were inorganic and many find it unbelievable, especially when they're asked to fill in the gaps that Snyder found unimportant to cover.

Smallville had a similar Jonathan Kent to Man of Steel but you don't see the complaints levied against him because we got more of a character progression and better development.
>>
>>88442708
>tfw when they make needless destruction a part of superman traits like he's an overpowered anime character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48IkFF5BhM
>>
>>88442707
The thing is, if a heroic character kills or not shouldn't be an issue of 'do we think the audience would like them to kill', it should come from their character motivations.

'All life is sacred' can be a good excuse, depending on the character.

Were I personally writing a Batman story from scratch, I'd have the reasoning be two-fold.
1. Like in Batman: TAS, it keeps the police force in Gotham tolerant of his activities.
2. Because directly witnessing death at such a young age gave him a complex around never being what killed his parents. He's a stubborn character, it makes sense that a character as stubborn as him would refuse to budge on his principles.
>>
>>88442768
this
>>
>>88442597
I think Dark-side works fine.

Granted maybe I'm not allowed to say anything, since I thought Thanos was pronounced "Thaynos".

Yes I know it's based off Thanatos but going with the same pronunciation just seemed way too heavy handed for it to be correct!
>>
>>88442768
>it's only the disney shills that criticize this scene
Snyder Defense force is as delusional as they are stupid.
>>
File: 635437015012522975_fo3.jpg (24KB, 462x277px) Image search: [Google]
635437015012522975_fo3.jpg
24KB, 462x277px
>>88442700
>>
>>88442735
It's hard for me to believe it's a coincidence when the other ages match up (thirteen when his purpose is questioned, a decade in the wilderness, dies a couple years after his great mission starts) and more importantly, when WB literally says "look at this parallel" to market the movie.

The whole "he's REALLY not meant to be Jesus" argument falls apart in the face of the studio themselves is hiring pastors to write Sermons likening Superman to Christ with the express goal of saying "he's meant to be Jesus. Have your church group book a bus because we want that Passion money",
>>
>>88442788
I'm talking more about the American Alien panels than the movie there.

That being said, I will agree that the movie is flawed in it's portrayal of Jonathan. There are good scenes with him in; the scene where he talks to Clark after he gets bullied, and hell, the scene right after 'maybe' where he shows Clark the ship. 'You ARE my son' is a fantastic exchange.

I don't think that Snyder didn't cover the gaps, but I can appreciate that some of the character elements that he added to John DID distract some viewers so much that any later development in John's character is much harder to appreciate. And I say this as someone who likes the film; I do think it's very flawed and I can understand why Snyder's creative choices really turn some people off.
>>
I don't understand why, iIf you frame the act of the villain dying as a tragedy, are you then going to get mad when people act as if the death of the villain was a bad thing?

If you weren't so paranoid about quips you'd realize that stuff like the Bond one liner is expressly there as a genre convention to prevent this discussion in the first place.
>>
>>88442865
You misinterpret what I meant. I meant that the age doesn't matter in that he's taking ideas from Birthright and changing the ages up to suit his own needs.
>>
>>88441008
Have it take place in Marvel
Zombies/vampires/assorted undead
Mercy kill
>>
>>88442799
problem is that Batman is usually a more pragmatic character

someone like that would agree with killing someone for the greater good, or hire someone to kill the guy or let someone else kill
>>
>>88442955
>problem is that Batman is usually a more pragmatic character

Yes, that's the tension in his character, though. Part of him wishes to be pragmatic, wishes he could just kill to clean up the city, but there is something fundamental within him that he has carried from childhood onward that doesn't allow him to kill, or let people die, even when he knows it would be for the greater good.

Tension between character goals is the root of a lot of great character drama.
>>
File: Laughing motorheads.png (220KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing motorheads.png
220KB, 500x334px
>>88442805
>just seemed way too heavy handed
Anon.
This is a comics board.
>>
>>88442391
You forgot.
"I think he's kinda hot xD"
To your list of memorable quotes from a perfect film.
>>
>>88442867
My issue is less with Jonathan and more that, despite having seen the movie twice, I can't think of a single unmitigatingly happy scene of Clark as a child. I like the "make it small" scene but that's kind of stymied by the fact that it's precluded and made necessary by his freak out which just reminds me how much he was tormented by his peers, and the context-less "running around with a cape because his genetics tells him to" bit of montage in the denouement that has no real emotional weight to it beyond its color theory.

And I'm sure someone is going to go "why does this matter" but come on man. Clark having a happy social childhood is what sets him apart from most capes and helps inform his decisions as an adult. When even *Magneto* is shown having more happy childhood memories than Superman, something's kind of off. It makes it unelievable thath e's grow up to have as much empathy as he does when the overhwemling majority of what we see of him before he even puts on the costume is a bullied and abused alienated kid that's spent the first three decades of his life with no friends before watching his dad die and then going off to wander the earth as a literal vagrant for a decade. Combined with the "realistic" framing of all these events it makes me wonder why he didn't end up a serial killer or something, much less where this endless font of good will and empathy comes from.

Jonathan is ultimately a symbol for that greater issue wrapped up into one package.
>>
>>88442912
That's just it. I think that while you can make the case that he's drawing from Birthright, there is equal if not more evidence to support that the whole "wandering the earth" portion of the movie is actually being drawn from the bible instead of a Superman comic and it's really just a happy coincidence that the two overlap in such a way.

And because of that the age does matter as its one of those things that tilts the scale one way or the other.
>>
>>88441008
Take off their spandex and/or cape.

People who are viewed as heroes kill people all the time, in both reality (cops, veterans, presidents) and every other fictional medium other than cape comics.
>>
File: Doomguy.jpg (285KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.jpg
285KB, 1280x726px
>>88441008
ta daa
>>
>>88443091
You can interpret it that way, sure. Personally I find there to be more evidence supporting my claim though due to certain imagery and other plot points taken from the Birthright comic, but I can respect your opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>88443115
Thank god someone on humanity's side didn't make him angry first.
>>
>>88443123
I'm curious as to what that is because the conclusions drawn from Birthright from its sequence are almost diametrically and thematically opposite to those of Man of Steel's.

Birthright's Clark travels and learns from the people of the world and connects with them on a personal level. They inform his worldview, and we're given a prolonged example of one such connection. Man of Steel's doesn't have any connections until Lois, instead wandering around until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.
>>
>>88443057
I can appreciate that. Though I still enjoy the film and thinks it works as a Superman story, I can see why tonally, it just doesn't click for you.
>>
The problem with Zod's death is that Superman cries like a bitch afterword even though the movie never shows him as averse to violence.
Defeating the bad guy should feel like a victory. And for some reason it's this gloomy fuckin' tragedy even though Zod definitely deserved it.
>>
The OP was a faggot. But the thread was enjoyable. I still like Man of Steel and think Pa Kent was a weirdo. And Amy Adams is cute. Cuuuuute.

And it's Dark-seed.

G'night /co/.
>>
>>88441625
This.
The failure lies not in him making an inevitable choice, but in forcing that choice on him.
The problem is that Superman is in a film that has a tone and structure that culminate in this event.
>>
>>88441554
This, you never see people complain about Kamen Rider exploding everyone just by kicking them.
>>
>>88443451
>structure that culminates in this event
It totally doesn't though. General Zod's death comes completely out of left field and there is no genuine set up for it at all.
>>
>>88441008
Almost ALL the X-Men have killed someone, especially during the whole Messiah Complex thing.

Captain America has killed his villains, often.

Iron Man has killed his villains.

Every single hero of antiquity killed dudes. Most action film heroes kill people. Almost all the heroes of LotR and various other fantasy properties kill people.

It's not hard. Just don't make the situation in which they have to kill people contrived and stupid. And especially don't do that if they're exactly the kind of hero that always finds a way, like Spider-Man or Superman.
>>
>>88441008
...Every single 80s action movie hero[ine]?
>>
>>88442649
Reminder that it was a stress induced hallucination that Clark was speaking to, not his real dad.
>>
>>88442788
>I think you're misinterpreting the complaints. The problem isn't the theory of having more flawed """"realistic""" versions of the characters, but rather that the execution and character progressions were inorganic and many find it unbelievable, especially when they're asked to fill in the gaps that Snyder found unimportant to cover.

This.

Another real problem created by this is that there's no real payoff to anything. Nothing feels earned, it feels like just going through the obligatory steps.

Small example: How did Clark know to try and fly outside the Fortress of Solitude? We never see him have an inkling of this beforehand. We never see him wake up floating, or feel like he's flying for a moment when he jumps. There's no buildup, there's just that one moment, where Clark just arbitrarily decides he should be able to fly because Snyder wants a flying scene.

NOTHING in MoS is fleshed out and progressed properly. It's just a series of flashy moments that Snyder really really wanted to shoot. There's no regard for how anything fits together as a narrative.
>>
>>88443790
>NOTHING in MoS is fleshed out and progressed properly. It's just a series of flashy moments that Snyder really really wanted to shoot. There's no regard for how anything fits together as a narrative.
This is the same problem with BvS.
>>
"You can't fight fate" is never going to be a satisfying ending, much less a heroic one and that's ultimately what Clark killing Zod boils down to. The character himself doesn't even want to do it but fate (the director) wants it to happen so it has to. Even if reality and basic logic have to bend over backwards to force it. So maybe less railroading next time and there won't be an issue.
>>
>>88441928
Comparing American Alien to Earth One just shows that you didn't actually read American Alien past...what, the little kid issue? Maybe the one on Bruce's yacht?
>>
>>88441859
>Marvel movie "heros" aren't heros
You stupid nigger
>>
>>88441008
Why did Supes snap his neck in the direction of the family?

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>88441563

>Casual Fag detected.
>>
>>88443356
>Sied
>Si-ed
>Seed
Its not like WEST SIYEEED BOI, it's Darksied no matter how hard they try to retcon a typo.
>>
>>88441008

no /co/ but Goku from DBZ kills but is still a hero. Having restraint and only killing when it's your only option are what makes for s good hero.
>>
>>88444378
Goku only kills Kid Buu in DBZ
>>
>>88444086
Okay, then please educate me. When the hell can superman do anything like this that wasn't the Silver Age?
If you don't respond with an actual answer that will be interpreted as you admitting your own casual status.
>>
We legit have only 2 superheroes not willing to kill which are Superman and Batman. If you want killing and murdering heroes just use literally anyone the fuck else. This film just reveals which people are worth avoiding entirely. I'm still not understanding how a single person can be cool with Superman of all characters in MOS. Bloodthirsty idiots.
>>
>>88444399

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tLVvkNrmY
>>
>>88444409
Gold Kryptonite exists Post-Crisis
>>
>>88444399

And >>88444461 was after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eeqLJ9fEc

Frieza is a cunt.
>>
>>88442017
lol
>>
File: Madder Red.jpg (374KB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Madder Red.jpg
374KB, 1280x1969px
>>88441008

>Is there anyway to make a hero/superhero who actually kills the villain, but is still viewed as a hero?

Make the villain such a complete monster that the audience/reader wants them to die.

Alternatively, make the villain an actual monster/alien/robot/whatever.
>>
>>88444476
I was only aware of green and red, you win this round. However, in MoS he had none handy, so it's a bit moot of a point.
>>
>>88444409
Not that person but you did watch the film, yes? Are you aware that Zod took Superman's powers away in it? When Zod had his crew strap Superman to a table, insert a needle in his arm, talk about his lost of powers and then send him to a dream world? They had a means to strip Kryptonians of their powers in. The. Fucking. Film. Which isn't even important because it's not real events is a fucking movie. Synder and Goyer was originally going to have Zod sucked into the phantom zone like Superman tends to do. You want to know why they didn't go with that? Between them they couldn't come up with a way to make that interesting and a whole host of other frankly terrible reasons people should be pissed at. Read their interviews.
>>
>>88444461
YEAH HE SURE DID A GOOD JOB WITH THAT
>>
Superman does kill in comics.It does not happen very often and the things he kills are usually planet destroying threats.

To answer OP's question a superhero who kills villains can still be a hero if they kill as an absolute last resort. If a hero constantly kills when there are other options readers and people within the story will usually call them out.
>>
>>88444567
but no one wants to see the Joker die and he is a monster
>>
>>88442002
This and the neck snap where the parts I absolutely hate the most. Jor-El legit left Lara to die alone and got stabbed so Clark could "be the bridge between two people". They turned Superman into a xenophobic genocidal flippant piece of shit who cared so little that he destroyed all his own people, Superman destroyed all his OWN PEOPLE, that he made out with Lois right afterwards. Which the ashes of Krypton slip through Zod's finger and he says "Now I have no people" Cavill's acting was pitch perfect in that moment because his face completely didn't give a fuck. Fuck this movie.
>>
>>88441932
did you want Hot Rod getting in the way of every potential kill?
>>
>>88441008
Thought of a relatively easy way that settings like Astro City brings up.
Basically, you make superheroes deputies of the local police forces. They are allowed to take life in immediate defense of themselves and others, but if they can find a way to non-lethally disarm the situation so perpetrators can be brought in for questioning and a trial by their peers. In most cases superheroes are stupidly more competent then the police and can easily manage to take people in alive.
In situations where there is no other choice however (villains too powerful to be reasonably be expected to arrest or even hold), they are allowed to kill in defense of themselves and others.

In war-like situations (alien invasions and the like) this also allows them to use more lethal force then usual.
>>
>>88444738
That's because we all want t see uim get raped.
And some of us want him to die twice so the joker count gets fixed.
>>
Yeah it's easy, just don't make "I don't kill" such an ingrained part of their character.

When a hero, or any character really, has "one rule" you don't get to just break it. It has to feel like there's a damn good reason why they're breaking it, or at least like them breaking it will have implications. When Bruce pulled a gun on some crooks at the start of Batman Beyond it served a purpose in the story, it wasn't just done to shock the audience.
>>
>>88444807
>In situations where there is no other choice however
This scenario doesn't exist especially in fictional world and ESPECIALLY in a Superman one. That's the entire point of the character. You can get away with it but you are spitting on everything he stands for just to be disingenuous as fuck and creatively hyper lazy.

Also, superheroes are very often smarter than cops which isn't unbelievable at all. Cops arent hired unless they are verifiably stupid. Easier to control that way.
>>
>>88443261

I dislike how the movie makes Superman into something of a reactionary force. What sets Superman apart, to me, was the fact that Clark assumes that mantle of his own volition. It didn't take seen John or Martha get gunned down or anything to make him decide to do it. It was his upbringing and his general good nature to do the right thing with his abilities.

It's the same reason I disliked JMS' Earth One.
>>
>>88444738
I do. I've wanted him and quite a lot of other villains who should have been executed a long time ago to be killed. He adds nothing to batman other than showing us Batman has no actual problems with innocent people dying and that he shouldn't bother stopping people if he's not going to stop the cause.
>>
>>88444920
Aside from the "you're trying too hard" edgy comment at the end, I largely agree with you.
I do not agree that superheroes should NEVER kill however, but they shouldn't kill prisoners and shouldn't kill casually.
And I'm not taking about MoS, I'm talking in general comics and portrayals. I'm not the kind of guy who twists his cock in a knot over a vaguely disappointing film three years old and then whines about it over the Internet.
>>
>>88445009
It ain't Batman's fault the state chooses not to pursue the death penalty, just like it isn't a detective's fault the state chooses not to pursue the death penalty with a serial killer
>>
>>88445009
>Batman never kills the Joker so he doesn't actually care about the public
This is a meme for retarded people.
>>
>>88445066
The difference is a serial killer 90% of the time, won't escape. The situation is completely different when the joker has the blood of thousands of people on his hands and batman won't fucking do what has to be done. When you bring back a villain like over and over again it stops being thought provoking and starts being insanity.
>>
>>88444920
Uhm. You must think real burocracy works like a micromanagement video game. Never start any sort of bussiness that needs employees, for your own fucking good.
>>
>>88441097
Yeah but Marvel has never made heroes. They're just vigilantes and super soldiers.
>>
>>88441008
heroes that do not kill are idiots
>>
>>88442831
in other words, they are the only smart people around
>>
>>88445022
But you are the type of guy to find an opportunity to feel superior to others about something you clearly don't care as much about.

>>88445222
I gotta admit I'm not understanding you at all. Are you saying something like many creators have written for Superman before as a point of contrast or disagreement?
>>
>>88441008
The superman I know and love killed Zod, Ursa and Non.

The superman from the comics.
>>
>>88445403
No, but I thought we were talking about in general only to find out someone can't get over that shit already.
Old news. Move on.
>>
>>88441178
We expect Superman to try harder and find a way.

That is what Superman is and does.

Killing Zod in MOS isn't a villainous act. But we admire Superman because he has the will and the power to find a better way.

Not understanding that is not understanding Superman.
>>
>>88445403
No, I'm saying that's not how police are hired. But then again, I'm in Canada, anon might have been from some spick shithole where instead of getting a ticket they rape you and steal your wallet.
>>
File: 9.jpg (842KB, 1890x1340px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
842KB, 1890x1340px
>>88445554
>>
>>88445181
No, but you ARE aware Batman could kill the Joker over and over again to pretty much no lasting effect, right?
He'd either come right back or a legacy villain who is identical for all purposes and intents would take up the mantle.
>>
File: 1481550877792.jpg (43KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
1481550877792.jpg
43KB, 332x396px
>>88445378
>>
File: 10.jpg (659KB, 1906x1354px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
659KB, 1906x1354px
>>88445554
And this?
>>
>>88445580
Do you even know the context behind this?
>>
>>88445484
People forget that Superman does kill in the comics but only in extreme circumstances.

I will get flamed for saying this but in MOS Superman did nothing wrong by putting down Zod. The problem is that Snyder likes to put Superman in no win situations where he winds up looking like a bad guy for doing the right thing.
>>
>>88445625
yes
>>
>>88445554
Thank you. Fucking this 1000 percent.

>>88445580
>>88445608
Of course a misogynist, pedo that's responsible for Superman's continued stagnation as a brand and turns Superman into an executioner is who defines your Superman. We all can use comics as well to show Superman swearing never to kill and talk about the asinine reasons Goyer and Synder did it and the point of the character and all that. You have so little ground to stand on Superman would need to catch you when you fell.
>>
File: 1481685721286.jpg (50KB, 540x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481685721286.jpg
50KB, 540x600px
>>88445628
This is called incompetent writting and direction.

Before the scene it is never stabelished that he has a no kill rule, so the scene has no wheight. IF it was killing Zod that made him develop the "no kill rule" he could have AT LEAST mentioned Zod a single time on BvS, but he never talks about him or the event again.

Even more strange is that after doing what snyderfags say: stabelishing his "no kill" rule on MOS, his next movie ends with him killing and dying against Doosmday (which was the right thing to be honest considering that he isn't setient), but at no point his aversion to killing is ever adressed.

>>88445667
Explain to the class what is the context of the story, where they are, and what Zod and his friends did.
>>
>>88445628
They don't forget. They ignore that one retconned comic by one writer who only doesn't molest children because he doesn't have the nerve.

You're trying to come off as though you are the one that knows comics, but you clearly don't.

The problem in MOS isn't that "Superman" did anything particularly wrong. It's that he was insufficiently super.
Superman finds a better way because he's Superman. Superman doesn't take the expedient, quick, or even safe way out.

He takes the right way out- even if it seems impossible. Especially if it seems impossible.

the Man of Steel made a snap decision without even exploring alternatives. It's not the right take on the character, and putting him in that situation in the first place betrays a total lack of understanding of the character to begin with.
>>
>>88445875
as if you needed more than the pa Kent scene to see Zack doesn't get it
>>
>>88444620

I mean, he left him as a bleeding torso on an exploding planet, and what's more, from Goku's perspective he really did believe he vaporized him, there were no visible traces of his corpse in sight.

Who the fuck would actually expected him to survive in the vacuum of space long enough for his daddy to drop by and save him?
>>
>>88445580
>>88445608
those are the same retconned scene written by a washed up, would-be child molester. Widely panned by virtually every Superman writer before and after.
>>
>>88445484
That's not the real Superman, as virtually every Superman creator before and since would agree.

You want Superboy Prime.
>>
>>88445875
>People bitch when he's too OP
>Now you bitch he's too flawed
You are a huge reason why we say "Capeshits" on here and not "super hero comics"
>>
>>88446266
Talking about power levels in any capacity is the first and greatest sign of a casual, any arguments involving them can be safely and immediately discarded
>>
>>88441008
im not even going to read the thread, but i am going to now scroll down, and if this thread didnt get hijacked by kamen rider and power rangers, im going to be disappointed in you /co/
>>
>>88446660
It almost did by cumin raiders
>>
>>88441008
John Byrne's Superman killed Zod with Kryptonite. There's hundreds of different versions of Superman. Especially if counting the Elseworlds stories.
>>
>>88446184
Prime is an amalgamation of every version, so no, they want the one who actually did that, not the version from the shitty facebook memes that spread lies to casuals.
>>
>>88441685
>He is from a catholic family

u wot m8
>>
>>88441826
>Wolverine
>Not a hero
>>
>>88446824
>John Byrne's Superman killed Zod with Kryptonite.
This directly lead to Superman having a mental breakdown from the guilt and getting a murderer off death row to cope.

Also he didn't destroy half a city in the process.
>>
>>88447082
To be specific they're antiheros. Maybe he's a retard that thinks antihero isn't a subset of hero.
>>
>>88441008
Literally every genre of fiction ever made besides cape garbage does it all the time, you fucking retard.
>>
>>88441008
Sure, we have cops right?
>>
>>88445554
I actually likde to see it as Superman taking his first life, you know, choosing the easy route, and from that point on deciding he would never take a single life ever again or go the easy route. Then he killed Doomsday, but maybe we can count it as an exception since that was an abomination of nature that shouldn´t exist.
>>
SUPERMAN FUCKING KILLED ZOD IN SUPERMAN 2

REEEEE

FUCK ALL OF YOU
>>
>>88447680
Not only that, but he killed him with a fucking smug grim and made out with Lois right where Zod died.

It wasn't a merciful death either. MoS Superman let him get off with a quick snap of the neck. Superman II Superman took away Zod's powers and threw him into the fucking arctic ocean. And he SMILED. At least MoS Superman was visibly traumatized by the experience.
>>
>>88447408
The thing is, they never MENTION it, Supes never tell us what he thinks about >>88445761
>>
>>88447725
Director's cut show him alive. If BvS and MOS fags can mention director's cut, so can others.
>>
>>88441008
Make him a hero in a story that doesn't have a villain?
>>
>>88441008
Easy in self defense or defending an innocent from the villain when the situation couldn't warrant any other way.
>>
>>88447680
>everyone will ignore this fact until the end of time

why does anyone bother
>>
>>88448187
You are ignoring people adressing it on this thread.
>>
>>88444409
Didn't this movie take inspiration from the 'last son of krypton' story line? In that story Superman open a porthole that sucked zod and his men into the phantom zone.
>>
>>88441740
>Superheroes are not qualified to make the decision on who gets to live and who dies.
Then I guess they shouldn't save people either?

The entire super sect of heroes and villains is already beyond the scope of normal society, whether its well-meaning idealists who take it upon themselves to handle threats that ordinary law enforcement can't, or psychopaths who think their abilities make them gods among men, they've already set themselves apart and above the rest.

The only ones qualified to pass judgment on them is their own.
>>
>>88447190
>cops
>heroes
>>
>>88441960
>they're completely right about someone else being a worse villain

Fuck you, Kurt and Piotr are the purest dudes in Marvel
>>
>>88441097
Spider-Man is generally the "no kill hero" of Marvel
>>
File: Time to find out.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Time to find out.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88441448
>>88441765
years later still the most debated scene in the trilogy./
>>
>>88450928
>Trilogy
You don't read much entertainment news, do you?
>>
File: her smile and optimism.jpg (127KB, 590x417px) Image search: [Google]
her smile and optimism.jpg
127KB, 590x417px
>>88450960
>six Transformers movies and no signs of stopping
>everyone acknowledges they're awful
>still make money hand over robot fist
why do people keep paying for these
>>
>>88450960
well it's not like anyone debates over the fourth.
>>
File: R_OptimusV2_121218_v035_JN.jpg (890KB, 903x1000px) Image search: [Google]
R_OptimusV2_121218_v035_JN.jpg
890KB, 903x1000px
>>88451004
It's the only robot series in the movies right now. PR2's not coming any time soon and it pretty much dominated the genre whereas TMNT and other nostalgia movies failed.
>>
>>88451056
>PR2's not coming any time soon
if by "not any time soon" you mean "February 23, 2018"
>>
>>88451056
When did Optimus get a Gundam skirt?
>>
File: superman incinerate.gif (2MB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
superman incinerate.gif
2MB, 500x700px
>>88441008
Well apparently if he just smiles while he does it then no one will care.
>>
>>88451004
I honestly have no idea. I've somehow managed to go my entire life without paying to see a Transformers movie or even sitting through one on TV.
>>
>>88450928
>killed him in TF2
>tried to kill him in TF3 by blowing up their ship while they were leaving
>been a war for who knows how long
>leader of the DECEPTICON
>yeah no Optimus, let's have a truce until I find a new way to fuck things up

Optimus did the right thing
and Megatron still found a way to come back and start troubles in TF4 anyway
>>
>>88451121
Well yeah.
>>88450928
The "give me your face" scene was always much worse in my opinion.
>>
>>88447680
Yes but Superman 2 didn't frame it as a tragedy.
Once again, Snyder uses sad music, sad colors, and a big NOOOOO. He wants us to feel bad that Clark killed Zod.
Seriously guys. Snyder used literally the exact same methodology for Zods death as he did for Jonathan Kent.
If you want people to think that the death of a character is a good thing, you can't muddy it up in presentation like that. It's that fucking simple.

You keep jeering about how you can take Man of Steel seriously and then you REEEE when everyone else takes it seriously too. Fuck you.
>>
>>88451121
Gosh it's almost like presentation affects reception and interpretation.

For a bunch of salty fucks that go on and on about deep visuals and kinographie it's amazing how easily you miss the forest for the trees.
>>
>>88451004
Because they're entertaining?
>>
>>88451244
You're saying Superman killing is only excusable if he's happy about it?
>>
>>88451272
they're not, though

these movies about giant robots are almost frighteningly dull
>>
>>88451004
they have the best villains
it's embarrassing how Transformers has more complex villains than Marvel movies
>>
>>88451121
What's the context of the one from Supergirl?

>>88451213
But the death of Zod isn't a good thing. It's good that the Earth is saved. It's good that that family gets to live.

But Zod's character is tragic. He truly wanted to best for his people, and once that chance was lost, he became like a mad, rabid dog.

In addition, it represents Clark really losing a part of himself; he's been fighting tooth and nail to save people the entire time, and even in the fight with Zod, he didn't want to kill him.

That being said, I do think Clark having an aversion to killing could have been much better established. Personally, I would have had a scene where infant Clark steps on a bug and sees it dying with his super-senses, and have that terrify him by making him realise how fragile life is.
>>
>>88451302
>What's the context of the one from Supergirl?
He's saying it to some scientist that was forced to be a Metallo who he just defeated. When I saw the episode I was like "buhwaaa?" because that's a bit much.
>>
>>88451295
yes, the Fallen, Optimus BUT EVIL, and whatever the fuck the villain in the fourth one was (Galvatron? That hunter dude? The man-made Transformers?) sure were great villains
>>
File: 1481133294285.jpg (30KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1481133294285.jpg
30KB, 500x285px
>>88451292
They are, that's my opinion and the opinion of hundreds of millions of people who see them every release. It may be that we can't defend why we enjoy them, but we do, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Believe it or not, but some people don't need the internet's validation to like something, and don't pretend to hate something to get (you's) on fucking /co/.
>>
>>88450928
I like this Optimus. He gets more tired of humanity's, decepticons', and autobots' shit with every movie, comic, and book.

Now Megatron has to play the part of the Last Knight and save the entire fucking universe for a change. He'll never give Optimus shit again after dealing with everyone's bullshit.
>>
>>88451331
Yeah, that's...really not Superman to me. Snyder's Superman is dour and overly serious, but he never came off as overzealous.
>>
>>88451331
To be fair Metallo nearly killed Kara and set off a bomb in Metropolis.Superman had reason to be angry.
>>
>>88451420
He did in Batman V Superman, but still didn't actually threaten Luthor until he was throwing pictures of his tortured mother at him.

I don't know, I think part of it is that artists and film-makers have been getting really addicted to the imagery of Superman with his eyes glowing to get the point across that OH SHIT HE'S PISSED. It works really well when it's rare, but it's been happening like every other week recently.
>>
>>88451335
Let's take the 4th movie as an example

>Lockdown is just a bounty hunter there to capture Optimus, allies with humans and respects the deal isn't just an evil giant robot
>the CIA guy, wants to protect the planet and thinks all aliens are a threat, also wants to secure the best technology for his country and have a nice pension
>the strike team guy, hate transformers because of the battle of chicago
>Galvatron/Megatron still trying to save his race by taking over the world
>the scientist guy just wanted to advance technology and make money helping the CIA guy, changes his way when he realizes he was doing it wrong

meanwhile all Marvel villains are

>take over the world
or
>have revenge
>>
File: Eobard oops.jpg (757KB, 1208x740px) Image search: [Google]
Eobard oops.jpg
757KB, 1208x740px
Barry broke Thawne's neck and killed him.

It led to a shitstorm though even if the charges were eventually dropped iirc.
>>
>>88441289
>he's a military trained professional soldier

That got his ass kicked by a scientist
>>
>>88451529
we were talking about heroes
not selfish pricks that abuse their powers for selfish reasons
>>
I dislike MoS, but think it's okay for Superman to kill if he has to.

I like the idea that Superman chooses to believe in us but isn't obsessed with saving everyone because he already knows he can't, since he hears so much all the time.

Meanwhile, Batman, the human, is desperately, fully committed to the idea that everyone can and should be saved, despite his fear tactics and so on.
>>
>>88451555
He was a Martial Scientist.
>>
>>88451244
Snyderfags are autistic and can't grasp "intention" or "context".
>>
>>88442720
This is basically where I stand.

In the situation that Superman was put in, i.e. A choice between killing Zod or letting millions/billions, or even just that one family die, he made the right choice.

I do resent the fact that Snyder, Goyer, Nolan etc put him in that position and handled it so hamfistedly.
>>
>>88441008
Yes. If people can consider a cop busting a cap in an autistic school shooters ass a hero they can definitely consider a buff guy ripping Super-Hitlers head off a hero.
>>
>>88441008
The only bad thing about MoS killing Zod is that he didn't do it 20 minutes earlier and prevent the deaths of thousands.
>>
>>88446065
>washed up, would-be child molester.

No Mark Waid is the one saying Superman shouldn't be from a farm community anymore because Trump won and he hates small towns now

Also Superman is a vegetarian because he loves all lfie
>>
>>88441740
but green goblin killed himself
>>
File: supermanzod-157133.jpg (64KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
supermanzod-157133.jpg
64KB, 655x380px
>>88442024
That's literally not the case. The very foundation of the human concept of morality is the idea of the greater good. When two conflicting actions both seem good, which produces the greater good? That's opportunism. When two conflicting actions both seem wrong, which produces the least wrong? That's compromise. Heroism requires compromise all the time; if the fate of mankind rested on your shoulders, and all you had to do was kill one child, I think you would do it in a heartbeat. That act was not un-heroic. It was simply a compromise. When put in perspective, Superman's obligation to his people vastly outweigh his personal code of ethics because not killing Zod would certainly spell doom for the human race. And since he is the only being that could feasibly kill Zod, Superman's actions were heroic. Even if Zod had given Superman an ultimatum in which he could either kill a child or else Zod would destroy the Earth, Superman killing the child would be heroic because the alternative would be his indirect murder of every last human on Earth. The hangup people often get about this sort of problem is the physical act of killing people, which I think is ridiculous; killing is the allowance of a person to die, whether by your own hand or by your own negligence. The trolley problem (the regular one, not the one you mentioned) has only one real solution, and that is pulling the lever. By not pulling it, you are killing the three people to save one, and the fact that you didn't lay a hand on the lever changes that not one bit.

There's actually a dichotomy between Zod's arc and Superman's arc: both want to maintain the survival of their species, even if it means the extinction of another. The difference, and the thing that makes Superman's actions heroic and Zod's un-heroic, is summed up in one line: "Krypton had its chance." Who would you rather save; a new race yet to embark on galactic exploration, or an old one that allowed itself to be swallowed by hubris?
>>
>>88445757
Superman killing them wasn't retconned, IIRC it was a minor plotpoont in Superman #666 since it was a stain in his soul and it allowed a Kryptonian demon to get to Clark.

It's just that thanks to a bunch of crisis shenanigans Clark didn't remember.
>>
>>88452258
the difference is that Superman, as a fictional character, doesn't have to be and in fact should not be written as having to make that impossible choice and in fact his very character is built around providing a third option

in "the trolley problem," Superman doesn't have to pull the lever since he can just stop the trolley
>>
>>88441928
American Alien was fucking great. Landis has a good take on Superman.
>>
>>88452335
>should not be written as having to make that impossible choice
If you don't allow characters to do new things and only write the same stories again and again it gets stale. This isn't me saying that Superman is outdated or anything because I hate when people say that, just that "you can't ever write this character so he has to make a hard choice" is very boring logic.
>>
>>88442039
No, anon. Sometimes there really is no other way.

You know why?

Because Superman doesn't exist. He and his world have no agency outside of the writer's decisions, and if the writer (or editorial or whatever the fuck) says "he has to kill someone to save lives", then he has to kill someone to save lives. The whole "always a third way" is a petulant cop-out.
>>
>>88452401
the point of the character is to provide that third option

if you're not going to let the character fulfill its purpose, why are you using the character at all?
>>
>>88441448
Wait at what point in the tv show/comic was Optimus above killing?
>>
>>88452436
people just thought it was weirdly brutal since Sentinel had already lost pretty hard and Optimus just blew his brains out execution style
>>
>>88452432
I know, and I LOVE when Superman pulls through on that third option, but having him struggle is not bad.
Execution of it, sure, but the concept itself is not a contradiction of his character.
>>
>>88452258
>Who would you rather save; a new race yet to embark on galactic exploration, or an old one that allowed itself to be swallowed by hubris?

This is bulshit. You are basically causing extinction of a race and all the countless ppssible kryptonians because of the mistake of their ancestors. Its no different than saying that the governament should pay descendants of slaves as compensation, or white guilty.
>>
>>88441782
why no donkey punch?
>>
>>88441008
Dishing out eternal punishment is a nice way to morbidly sidestep the issue. They aren't dead, they're just suffering forever!
>>
>>88442287
Injustice Superman was objectively and unironically right here

Killing a defeated, captured foe in a rage is in no way equivalent to killing an invading army of bloodthirsty (alien) soldiers bent on wholesale genocide.
>>
>>88452459
In the 86 movie he fucking mows down at minimum 11 decepticons in the first 3 minutes and outright tries to kill megatron...had nobody watched the original cartoon.
>>
>>88452560
several versions of Superman have had no problem with killing Parademons mostly because they're basically mindless automatons
>>
>>88452335
I get where you're coming from, with the whole "superheroes are imaginary and shouldn't have to deal with the limitations that beset us" thing, but if you're implying that Superman morally could not handle a situation in which there is no third option, then you're just admitting that Superman is a weak character. I think Snyder's Superman is strong because he made what he thought was the right decision despite it breaking his personal moral code. And just dodging the question of what he would do were he faced with such a daunting challenge is just lazy and frankly insulting to his character.
>>
File: scan0036.jpg (404KB, 1004x1600px) Image search: [Google]
scan0036.jpg
404KB, 1004x1600px
>>88452624
You probably loves gun-loving, hitler-killer, Karl Marx Superman.
>>
>>88452689
>Karl Marx
that's clearly Santa Claus
>>
File: 1222-ll81.jpg (103KB, 413x609px) Image search: [Google]
1222-ll81.jpg
103KB, 413x609px
>>88451244
>>88451274
For reals
>>
>>88442391
you forgot the part where superman could of
>slammed zods head into the floor
>pulled zod in another direction
>jaw punched zod and super speed saved the people.
>moved in front of zod, tanked a second or two of heat vision and beat the shit out of zod
>held zods head in place and used his heat vision to cause the roof above or floor below himself and zod to collapse
>jammed his thumbs into zods eyes at superspeed with superstrength
>heat vision through zods shoulder, chest etc in a non lethal way.
>>
>>88452689
I really don't. I like the Superman who is strong enough to do what is right by any means necessary; if possible, no injuries. If possible, no deaths. But if worse comes to worst, and an impossible choice between the greater good and a code of ethics, what would you do?
>>
>>88452689
Not him, but this is immature in the extreme. You want Superman to be able to completely resolve every situation without any losses or compromise. And you think everyone else who doesn't agree likes whatever the hell that is?

I love Superman, as an optimistic hero that's inspiring. But there's nothing inspiring about someone who always wins no problem, because the writers aren't allowed to put him in difficult situations.

If Superman's fighting Zod, knows that if he pulls his punches he'll probably lose (and doom the earth), and furthermore knows that every single second the fight goes on the casualties will pile up, I think he should go for the jugular from moment 1.
>>
>>88442708
>I could easily stop this truck
>super trollface
>nope.crystal

>>88442795
even most anime characters attempt to limit damage/loss of life.

I want to see pre new 52 supes fight mos supes
>>
>>88452777
AND FUCKING THEN WHAT? WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT? WHAT DOES HE DO WITH ZOD? You shortsighted motherfucker.
>Whelp I knocked him out I guess that's the end!
>>
>>88452777
You're thinking about this wrong.

UItimately, if the writers say "there's no other way", there is no other way. Focusing on pedantry is missing the idea they're trying to convey.

Man, I HATED man of steel, and yet I find myself defending it because so many of its detractors are argueing the wrong things.
>>
Doesn't Superman try to kill Darkseid every chance he has and didn't he kill Doomsday before he died himself?
>>
>>88452892
Doomsday isn't setient.
>>
>>88452874
Why he traps him in the dimensional prison and leaves him there to suffer for all eternity b-but at least he didn't kill him.
>>
>>88452892
Yes.

Superman doesn't kill when he can avoid it, and usually that's pretty easy because huge powers. But against someone equal or stronger than he is, he has no such restrictions or obligations.
>>
>>88452834
That situation is exactly like the Zod one, Superman lost most of his powers.
>>
>>88452874
sorry you're right it's not like he has some kind of super secure crystal fortress or access to some kind of alien tech/ship that simulates krypton removing their powers, nope he never had any access to something like that.
>>
>>88441008
What's wrong with killing villains?
Especially if they're the kind of people that would continue to harm others if they were left alive?
>>
>>88452977
It was destroyed.
>>
>>88452874
Hey, desperate fag.

No need to meltdown. He can knock him out and use the same thing that they used ON THE MOVIE to remove his powers.
>>
>>88452965
Yes. I don't think the writers were wrong in making him kill Zod. I think they heavily flubbed the characterizations, the color pallete, and the general tone.

Superman stories can and should have dark moments and serious consequences, but introducing a version of the character with a bleak disaster movie's a fumble in my book.
>>
Jesus, WTF is DC doing to Superman? Even Marvel is wondering what the fuck they are doing to Superman.
>>
>>88453014
wait the ship was destroyed? then how is it basically intact and mostly functional in BvS?
>>
>>88453053
made him a dad
>>
>>88453030
I typed in all caps because people are constantly saying stupid shit like "well why didn't Superman just cover Zod's eyes??" Which solves nothing. That doesn't stop Zod.
And the thing that removes powers was destroyed. Superman literally flew through it to stop it from working.
>>
>>88452929
He fits the requirements for a sentient being and that's a shit excuse to have Superman kill someone and keep him perfect.

Also Superman has crushed sentient robots and killed the undead as well as non humanoids, same for Batman.

>>88452956
>But against someone equal or stronger than he is, he has no such restrictions or obligations.

So someone like Zod?
>>
>>88452492
>>88452258
To be fair, "Krypton had its chance" sounds unheroic and callous as fuck. No the reality is that for Krypton to return would mean the death of Earth, it's the creation of new lives at the expense of existing ones. The opposite doesn't necessarily involve the death of Krypton just the failure to return. But really it's a false dilemma. Zod just wanted shit to go back to the old ways but with him and his caste in charge when he could've just accepted life with humanity. So in the end Superman is heroic because he was fighting to save Earth and for the wellbeing of humanity, Zod was fighting to create New Krypton purely for his own desires.
>>
>>88453053
does marvel have any room to judge?
>>
>>88453092
>He fits the requirements for a sentient being

Not really, the very comic is explicity that he is no more than an animal at that point.

>killing
>umdead

And when Supes killed a setient robot?
>>
>>88453092
Yes, EXACTLY like Zod, that was my point, killing Zod was the right move.

This wasn't Superman shoving his arm through a handcuffed Joker, this was a fight to the death between two evenly-matched foes. Killing him wasn't murder. Superman shouldn't celebrate it, or anything, but I don't think he violated the core of the character or anything.
>>
>>88453053
Why does the Marvel Comics staff always spergs about what the WB is doing to the characters and what DC is doing with their comics? While DC Comics never seems to acknowledge Marvel in any way even when they fuck up.

Like Anka was crying about how he could make Harlequinn better
>>
>>88453199
because controversy is how Marvel sells
>>
>>88443091
Clark didn't actually "wander the earth" in Birthright, though.

The entire point of the way that story starts is that Clark has just finished college and is getting his freelance reporter experience because Waid wanted to portray "How you get a job at the Daily Planet" realistically for once.

And it was one of the best elements of Birthright.

And MoS completely ignored it because a 30-something homeless man is so much better.
>>
>>88453180
That is still a shitty reason to have him kill but Doomsday has shown to be sentient later on so...

Also Vampires have shown to not all be evil and have feelings in the DC universe.

Hell even back at Marvel Captain America showed sympathy for Nazi Vampires stuck inside a submarine and gave them a chance to surrender in a A+X issue.

Superman just discriminates if they aren't human or human looking.
>>
>>88452258
>The very foundation of the human concept of morality is the idea of the greater good

Not always. The whole point of like three Star Trek movies in a row is that in the end, Kirk is the hero for picking the needs of the one over the needs of the many because the one is his friend and that's more humane than cold logic.
>>
>>88453199
Marvel staff is friendly and cares about DC so they comment
DC staff is a bunch of stuck up assholes holier than thou pricks that don't even acknowledge Marvel's existence
>>
>>88453030
I like how you emphasize IN THE MOVIE and then go on to prove that you apparently didn't even watch the movie since that shit got blown the fuck up.
>>
>>88453452
Those movies are shit and have a shitty morality.
>>
>>88453825
different anon but I think the point of emphasizing IN THE MOVIE was to call attention to the fact that the writers established several "third options" but chose to ignore them in favor of extra angst
>>
>>88453825
You can just make it appear again, making it a chekhov gun, considering that on BvS we see ENORMOUS pieces of their spaceships are still there.
>>
I really don't see how killing someone who was threatening to kill everyone on Earth can be viewed as a bad thing.
>>
>>88453410
You should read more comics, Doomsday only develop setience later, as part of his adaptation powers.
>>
>>88453868
>>88453030
>>88452891
Stops doing that. Stop using capslock to emphasize your emotions, you look like a fucking child.
>>
>>88453929
Capitalizing words for emphasis is fucking centuries old and isn't going to go away, you sperg.
>>
>>88441615
Lexcorp didnt take them you colossal idiot, the government did which is completely reasonable. Lex just forced them to share with him in BvS. Goddamn, try actually watching the movie.
Also Clark definitely tried reasoning with them as much as he could but they were going on a rampage and even threatened his mom.
>>
>>88453868
>You can just make it appear again

Oh, so they should have just hand waved some bullshit in so Superman would never have to make a hard decision. Yeah, no.

>>88453863
>call attention to the fact that the writers established several "third options" but chose to ignore them in favor of extra angst

Walk us though all these supposed "third options" that would keep a hiomicidal dude with the powers of Superman from killing people other than shunting them off the mortal coil into "another dimension"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

I mean phantom zone. It's much more humane after all to put someone into a ghost state that lasts for fucking ever.
>>
>>88453929
would you rather he did *this*
>>
>>88441774
>>88441741
Superman had to make an impossible choice in the face of fanatic, and he killed Zod in the comics. He literally saved the world, and the best Superman stories are all about showing us how he is human despite all of his ubermenchness.

Read comics you goddamn casuals
>>
>>88441008
Man this picture pisses me off.

Regardless of how you feel about the scene, regardless if you think it was written like shit or whatever, at the end of the day the scene treats it as a life or death situation that Superman literally pleads with Zod over to stop him from killing an innocent family. He immediately bursts into fucking tears after the act.

The fact that people so disingenuously make it seem like a callous act that Superman doesn't think twice about really sums up to me to how insincere the discourse surrounding these movies are.
>>
>>88446065
>>88445757
it wasnt retconned, and Byrnce isnt a child molester, sorry you dont actually like Superman.

Even outside of that moment he has killed under other writers. Hell, he killed the giant star alien in All Star Superman, is somehow that life less holy/valued than Zod's because it doesnt look human?
>>
>>88442708
This is what I'm talking about, Superman hops over it and immediately realizes that he fucked up big time as it explodes. Zod uses this moment to gain momentum and the upper hand in the fight.

Why are we so incapable of discussing this shit rationally?
>>
>>88454071

These are the same dudes who call Superbro "edgy" all the damned time. They've figured that if they repeat the same stupid shit often enough people start treating it like the truth in places like this.
>>
>>88454016
>Phantom Zone is just as bad as killing them meme
if the filmmakers didn't want people to ask "why didn't Superman just send Zod to the Phantom Zone," they shouldn't have included the Phantom Zone and send one of Zod's henchmen to the Phantom Zone through their own hubris
>>
>>88454053
>le read more comics

not an argument
and Superman is human but not a flawed human
>>
>>88445554
read comics, you casual, Superman isn't about doing the impossible and ALWAYS FINDING A WAY, its about being the agent of change you want to see. He didn't ALWAYS FIND A WAY in the golden age, he beat up crooks and threatened politicians. He didn't ALWAYS FIND A WAY in the Silver Age, outside of small sliver of comics, most of it was him being petty or doing ridiculously over the top lies on everyone for some apparent greater good. The idea of ALWAYS FIND A WAY Superman is literally just Reeves Superman. In every single other adaptation he is flawed and has to make hard choices. Hell, DCAU Superman fights Shazam/Captain Marvel without trying to calm him down and destroys a whole city in the process. In the comics Superman kills multiple aliens. There was a whole arc in Smallville about him thinking its too hard to be a hero and just chilling in Metropolis.
You are the worst kind of casual, a "not muh" casual.
>>
>>88454103
>>88454103
> Hell, he killed the giant star alien in All Star Superman, is somehow that life less holy/valued than Zod's because it doesnt look human?

The entire climax of Man of Steel is Zod renouncing any kind of morality or humanity and pledging himself to be nothing more than an instrument of mass death.

This is the life that should be valued apparently.
>>
>>88451745
says the one who is saying its okay for him to kill as long as he doesnt take it seriously
>>
>>88454139
It's not "just as bad", it's exponentially worse, if it works as intended which it never does.
>>
>>88451401
>is dour and overly serious

he has every reason to be serious when he is ostensibly the only super hero currently operating and has the whole world looking at him, are you trying to tell me Superman has never had long periods of being serious in the comics?

And he really isn't dour, he just faces a lot of tragedy in the movie. When he is with Lois in the bath he is enjoying himself, when he flies for the first time he enjoys himself immensely-- its just that the stories are about the struggles in his life. Which is fine, not every story needs to be about every aspect of Superman.
>>
>>88451457
show me any other examples of said imagery in the last 2 years.
>>
>>88451420
and Zod actually did kill people and tried to blow up the whole world, Superman had reason to be angry (but even then he wasn't, he was actually crying when he killed Zod).
>>
>>88454290
You're making a mistake I see a lot of people here doing, which is interpreting the criticism of a work through in-universe lenses.

The Superman in MoS is of COURSE justified in being dour and serious. That's not the problem. The problem is with the WRITERS, who decided that for the establishing film of the DCAU, to go for dour and serious.
>>
File: 4989931-earth+one.jpg (77KB, 500x759px) Image search: [Google]
4989931-earth+one.jpg
77KB, 500x759px
>>88454301
>Earth One was six years ago
oh fugg
>>
>>88453452
That's fucking stupid. If the only reason you can provide for saving one person over several others is that you were given the chance to get to know them, you're a terrible human being. It trivializes the others, makes them seem less valuable than the friend, when they are actually equally valuable in terms of the strict weight of human life. That's not a good moral.
>>
>>88454139
>meme

Sure thing lad, saying that a hopeless prison that a person can never escape that never ends isn't as bad as a swift death is just a meme. Don't have to argue about it if you call it a meme after all.

I know what I'd prefer, but hey, you do you.
>>
>>88452949
>>88453070
>>88453030
>>88454016
>>88454139
>>88454284
>>88453868

They could only access the Phantom Zone once in the movie, once they did they couldnt do it again. This was very plainly shown.

Clark's ship/fortress of solitude had no way of removing powers because it was crashed. Zod's ship, which could remove powers, also crashed and thus lost its gravity/environment replicating ability to take away powers. This is illustrated by Superman going in the ship in BvS and not losing his powers.
Try watching the movies.
>>
>>88454363
>It trivializes the others, makes them seem less valuable than the friend

To every single person on the planet friends come before strangers. That's just how people work.
>>
>>88441289
The real question is, why does Supes spend 30 mins punching incredibly dangerous monsters like Doomsday and Darkseid up and down the block when he (apparently) could end it with a quick neck twist?
>>
>>88454383
What does that have to do with my statement that throwing someone into a timeless limbo with no chance for escape, ever, is morally worse than killing them?
>>
>>88454383
>Zod's ship, which could remove powers

It was the kryptonian atmosphere on the ship that removed Clark's powers. It wasn't that the ship was inoperable that took the power removal off the table, it was that it was no longer making the atmosphere.
>>
>>88454427
Because actually getting into that position isn't as easy as you implied and he still doesn't want to actually do it.
>>
>>88454427

This Zod WANTED suicide by cop.
>>
>write shit story
>actual fans don't like
>contrarians and kids that like the movie just to be different than "normies" try to defend it for years

and it still hasn't changed people's opinion about this movie
>>
>>88452492
My point is not that the future of the Kryptonian race should rest in the balance of their ancestors' mistakes. My point is that given the circumstances, in which the survival of one race depends on the death of the other, humanity has the moral high ground. Zod is the aggressor; though he fights to revive his people, he does so by forcing another to die. Superman, when put in this position, chooses to save his people instead of allowing them to die, which must result in the death of the Kryptonians. Even if Superman were a neutral third party, he would likely still kill Zod because his moral code dictates that the greater good prevails.
>>
>>88441795
Not even anon but you're fucking retarded anon. Other anon is right. Shove your beloved comic books up your tight ass and kill yourself. Stubborn piece of shit can't even accept losing an argument
>>
>>88454149
he is definitely a flawed human, and it is an argument when you are like "SUPERMAN IS THIS" but dont even read the source material enough to know what Superman is. The Christmas Special that JUST CAME OUT THIS WEEK has a story revolving around how Clark, despite his powers, is just as flawed as the rest of us and couldnt get his son the toy he wanted for Christmas.

Fucking casual.
>>
>>88454149
>I dont need to read comics to know I'm right about comic characters

absolutely pathetic, you are the cancer killing /co/
>>
>>88454230
yeah, and the giant star alien in ASS just made a deal with Lex, Superman didnt even TRY to reason with him or make him a better deal.
>>
>>88454342
right, but that happens in the comics all the time and is completely fine for superman. It would be more disingenuous to the source material to make something more in the tone of the Reeves movies because that is just trying to ape a very specific sliver of the Silver Age.
>>
>>88454449
oh nothing, I guess I just clicked one too many posts.
>>
>>88454596
that's not what people mean when they say "flawed"

>>88454603
>assuming that everyone that disagrees with you is a casual

keep assuming, faggot
>>
>>88454476
and it was no longer making the atmosphere because it no longer works, right? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to bait.
>>
>>88454420
This isn't about human psychology, it's about morality. They're two different things. By all means, if I were put into a position where I had to choose between saving my best friend or saving two people I'd never met, I'd probably save my friend. Does that make it morally right? No. Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe. But were I to view the situation from a completely objective standpoint, I'd save the two people, no questions asked. Morality is objective right, in my opinion. It can be mathematically expressed. Like this:

http://lesswrong.com/lw/kn/torture_vs_dust_specks/
>>
>>88454663
>I don't have an argument but I'm gunna keep saying you are wrong

K
>>
>>88454625
He spared him in the comic, he only killed him in the animated version
>>
>>88454663
>my definition of flaws is the only right one

man you are absolutely too up your own ass
>>
File: allstar07.jpg (84KB, 584x395px) Image search: [Google]
allstar07.jpg
84KB, 584x395px
>>88454625
are you talking about Solaris the Tyrant Sun? Because Solaris doesn't die.
>>
>>88454688
>>88454704
you are right, he just died in the animated version, he still inflicted a ton of pain on him
>>
>>88454644
At a certian point, of course, it will come down to personal taste; however, I feel that--movies being by necessity much smaller than comics as a whole--choosing to go all grim so early tips the scales way too far in the wrong direction. I'm not a Marvelfag, but I prefer the more campy atmosphere the MCU's gone for.
>>
>>88454683
>>88454694
Superman is not a flawed person, he is the posterboy of a normal nice guy.
>>
>>88454725
>he was citing the fucking movie the entire fucking time
the state of this goddamn board
>>
>>88454669
>less wrong

ABORT

ABORT

WE'VE GOT A "RATIONALIST UTILITARIAN" ON OUR HANDS

BAIL OUT BEFORE HE SICKS ROKO'S BASILISK ON US
>>
>>88454761
Normal nice people have flaws, anon.

Perfection with no flaws makes you an automaton. Unrelatable.
>>
>>88451529
>Barry's Hank Hill ass
>>
>>88454731
I think the DCEU is starting from a place of deconstruction and is progressively becoming more hopeful and heroic. Just look at the progression so far, with how zany Skwad was in comparison to MoS, how BvS is literally called "Dawn of Justice" and is all about humanity being able to believe in man/heroes again shown through the lens of Batman and Lex.
The first trailers for MoS set it all up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-obVyzI5CM

Using the ASS quote to outline the arc of the DCEU.

You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders. - Jor-El

BvS was the stumble, the fall.
>>
>>88454833
Well, I hope you're right, and that they also pull it off.
>>
>>88454767
Well, it's true. Moral dilemmas cannot accurately be viewed from inside the dilemma. Moral objectivity is the only real way to test what benefits the greater good. Even though Superman was inside the dilemma, I think he made the right choice.
>>
>>88454761
what is your proof for this? the comic where he lies to Lois over and over again to protect his cursed pictures of his past girlfriends? or the comic where he kills Zod? or Action Comics #1 where he threatens a politician? or Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow where is very existence causes Bizarro to kill himself? or For The Man Who Has Everything where Superman almost allows himself to live in a dream world because he misses his home so much? or how about in the DCAU where he destroys a whole city fighting Captain Marvel?
Superman is flawed like the rest of us, the whole point is that he is just another one of us, but he chooses to do good, to be as good as he possibly can be, despite those flaws.

Fucking. Casual.
>>
>>88454766
>he got an adaptation confused with the source material

boohoo, at least i cant admit i made a mistake.
>>
>>88454876
>moral

>objectivity

pick one

morality is a purely social construct, it cannot be objective
>>
>>88441008
Make hero have "license to kill". Make hero be soldier, law enforcer or outlaw in outlaw world.
>>
>>88454890
>boohoo, at least i cant admit i made a mistake.
>cant
o i am laffin
>>
>>88454669
>http://lesswrong.com/lw/kn/torture_vs_dust_specks/
Not sure what's more idiotic, that post or the comments to it.
>>
>>88454962
kek, that was pretty funny, i fucked up
>>
>>88454913
Just because it's a social construct doesn't mean it can't be measured. Don't you agree that two equally important lives are worth more than a third equally important life? Of course you do. They are objectively more important from the perspective of an outside observer. This outside observer is subject to social constructs, and understands the value of life. How can you say that the moral choices he makes can't be objective in terms of human conscience?
>>
>>88454665
I believe so. I don't like how they introduced Kryptonite actually. If you're going to change something, have some balls and stick to it.

>>88454669
>This isn't about human psychology, it's about morality.

But we're talking about people so it is about psychology. You can't divorce one from the other.

>Does that make me a hypocrite?

No, it makes you a human. We're talking about human morality and human decisions, not numbers and imaginary scenarios. People will chose their loved ones over a stranger every single time because that's just how we work.

Sometimes making shit complicated just obscures the obvious and the true.
>>
>>88455044
> Don't you agree that two equally important lives are worth more than a third equally important life?

>Of course you do

That's the problem with moral "objectivists": They create their own framework, and then blithely assert that of COURSE everyone else agrees with them. For all you know, I could be an antinatalist who believes that life is in fact the objective evil.
>>
>>88455044
>Don't you agree that two equally important lives are worth more than a third equally important life?
Not him, but I agree with that assessment- but there's no actual way to measure morality. That's why morality is hard to put into strict objective terms and attempting to do so is not only doomed to failure but completely misses the point of the concept of morality to begin with.
>>
>>88455044
>Don't you agree that two equally important lives are worth more than a third equally important life?

But you're ignoring that some lives are more important *to the dude making the decision*.
>>
>>88455121
OK, sorry to make assumptions. That was callous of me. But from the standpoint of a morally normal individual, you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody who doesn't think two is better than one. Math doesn't lie.

And I know that "morally normal" is a bit of a subjective concept, but again, I'm speaking in terms of an uninvolved outsider with social construct awareness.
>>
>>88455099
they didnt change anything, replicating the atmosphere of krypton, which has been done in comics and cartoons before, is not the same as kryptonite.
>>
>>88455215
I do think I get what you're trying to say, and it's not wrong, per se--you basically think that from the conventional morality of modern society, there are objectively right and wrong choices by the standards of that system, correct?
>>
>>88455215
>And I know that "morally normal" is a bit of a subjective concept
And you've discovered why trying to define this objectively doesn't work.
>>
>>88441008

I don't blame Clark at all, but this would have been a great Miracleman movie instead.
>>
File: 1480293426163.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1480293426163.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>"I won't kill you, that will make me just like you" is one of the most hated tropes to exist

That movie has plenty of other shit to complain about you stupid motherfuckers.
>>
>>88455282
only edgelords hate that trope
>>
>>88455275
>fucking Miracleman movie going full Nietzschian transhumanism

fund it
>>
>>88455301
it is pretty stupid generally because context does matter. it can be used well in some instances though.
>>
>>88441554
>>88443468
I think the key thing with Kamen Rider, and Sentai series and the like, is that the villains are, more often than not, literal monsters. Devoid of any sort of human empathy, and any sympathetic traits they do exhibit are overshadowed by how colorfully and enthusiastically villainous they are.

It also helps that the hero's here don't (usually) second guess themselves, and act all tortured and angsty about killing inhuman monsters.
>>
>>88455275
>>88455314
there was nothing Nietzschian about the movie at all, and really had nothing to do with Miracleman either. That is really the worst meme. Tell me what part of MoS is in anyway like any issue of Miracleman?
>>
>>88455158
That's because it's from the standpoint of an outside observer who regards all the lives as equally important. The reason I'm making these assumptions is to distinguish morality from psychology, see above: >>88454669

>>88455135
I absolutely agree that it's hard to put morality in strict objective terms. That's why these scenarios are hypothetical. Weighing circumstances involving the various levels of pain we can experience, with all factors considered, etc. makes it nigh impossible, but we have to try sometimes. Like I said earlier, from my point of view, morality is simply a measure of greater good.
>>
>>88455356
>crying that you had to kill someone is angsty

jesus christ, what a fag you are
>>
>>88455301
If by edgelords you mean people who are intelligent and mentally well.
>>
>>88455301
Literal child detected.

That trope is most used as an excuse in children's entertainment to spare an onscreen death and to teach the simplistic moral "All killing is bad".
>>
>>88441554
> people talking about "muh Superman" nowadays and I'm quite happy to see that people want Superman to be the man who can do no wrong, the hero that always finds a way.

You mean the Superman who they made up in their head based on selective memory and the Reeve's movie? You mean the Superman that completely misses the point of Superman?
>>
>>88455257
Yes. And of course these morals are subject to change based on culture, time period, etc. But in our specific society, with our specific social constructs, I believe that morality, at least concerning the weight of life and death, can be measured to some extent.
>>
>>88455358

The part where Kid Miracleman levels London?
>>
>>88455382
>>88455389
people don't watch capeshit for engaging moral debates, the sooner you understand this the sooner you can move on and accept that is ok for capeshit to be childish and have such tropes

smart people can differentiate and don't expect adult themes in a genre made for kids
>>
>>88455399
but Superman didnt level anything, in his one v one fight with Zod they level one building, zod cuts a hole in another one, and they break a construction site, the rest of the destruction is done by the world engine.

Nice try though.
>>
>>88455370
When it's forced onto a character for the sake of drama, then yeah, it is.

Zod had leveled half a city, killed Clark's ghost dad, told him about how he killed his actual dad, and was trying to murderize everything in sight. I don't buy for an instant the the Clark established in MoS would have felt anything other than emotional exhaustion, and maybe a morose sense of resignation by the point where he's forced to snap Zod's neck.
>>
>>88455440
Miracleman also didn't level anything, you tard
>>
>>88455495
were you trying to compare Kid Miracleman to Zod then?
>>
>>88455517
>villain levels a city
>villain levels a city
gee I think you might be on to something
>>
>>88455489
so you are projecting this idea of a sociopath onto a Superman was forced to kill the last of his kind, was shown to be empathetic to others enough to save a whole oil rig full of people he didnt know, saved a reporter he didnt know, who, as a child, was willing to risk upsetting the entire world structure to save people, and even laughed his first time flying?

k
>>
>>88455536
but thats not comparing Superman to Miracleman, thats comparing two villains.
>>
>>88455536
>>88455575
and villains have leveled cities in Superman comics too so....
>>
>>88455575
>Miracleman (and pals) are forced to kill Kid Miracleman to prevent him from killing further as he raves about killing everyone he can
>Superman is forced to kill Zod to prevent him from killing further as he raves about killing everyone he can
>>
>>88455606
now there is the comparison I was looking for, thank you.
>>
>>88455629
was that really necessary to spell out

unless you haven't read Miracleman?
>>
>>88455564

Dude, Superman has had an exceptionally shitty day. He just condemned his race to extinction.

How else is he going to stop Zod? Like, what can he do in that situation that ends the fight without more casualties? Note that Zod's as strong as Supes is.
>>
>>88455689
im not disagreeing with you, I think it was the right move to make, im just saying superman was particularly angsty about it, he is just very empathetic and was crying because of that.
>>
>>88455644
I just wanted to make sure, idiots like to compare him to Kid Miracleman and other villains, or misuse parts of Miracleman to frame this Superman in a bad light
>>
Would Batman or Superman view US soldiers as horrible monsters because they're job is to kill actual threats to others?
>>
>>88455809

Actually, it's Zod who's like the psychotic Kid Miracleman. (Who isn't actually a kid that point.)

Interestingly, Zod's black suit is very similar to KM's costume at that point. It even has a restrained chest icon.
>>
>>88455926
please try reading the comment chain before posting, anon
>>
>>88455906
Batman is friend with a cop and ex-soldier and Alfred is an ex soldier too.
>>
>>88455926
thats actually a good point
>>
>>88454590
I didn't lose because i stopped reading the stupidity, thus not participating further. I think I won, you're both butthurt now and I'm smirking like an asshole.
>>
>>88455955
nah he's fine, he just re-enforced the Zod/KM comparison
>>
>>88456067
not any of the anons you were replying to but you are one butthurt fag
>>
File: 1346482413999.jpg (23KB, 282x262px) Image search: [Google]
1346482413999.jpg
23KB, 282x262px
>>88446065
> would-be child molester
Explain
>>
>>88456181
John Byrne was just a weird dude
>>
File: henryjews.jpg (150KB, 991x751px) Image search: [Google]
henryjews.jpg
150KB, 991x751px
>>88456222
I know that but when did he try to rape children
>>
>>88456140
Sure buddy. Sure.
You're not butthurt, though, that's why you're telling me I'm butthurt, right?
>>
>>88456263
>literally I know you are but what am I
>>
>>88441008

>>88441008

You can't kill someone while wearing a red diaper OP...

It's silly...
>>
>>88456291
I think you mean to reply to (you) here >>88456140 because thats exactky what (you) just said there
>>
>>88456254
he didn't, people just have a problem with him expressing his fetish in his art
>>
>>88441008
>there are people who think the left is acceptable
>there are people who thing the right is accurate
This is indeed a disturbing universe.
>>
>>88456666
Quads o' truth speak the truth.
>>
File: SuperDoomguy.jpg (112KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
SuperDoomguy.jpg
112KB, 960x960px
>>88456666
>>
>>88456757
>Satan quads
>quads of truth
>>
>>88457152
>Supersarge.jpg
Ftfy
>>
Tons of shitty 80s action flicks say yes.
>>
>>88446266
Because "you" are obnoxious cunts?
>>
>>88454210
Nah. You are.

I know how many Superman comics I've read. I know what the most serious Superman fans and writers on this earth think.
The only place where you find dipshits that think that Superman is different than I do and are so sure of themselves are in shitty places like this where gatekeeping, know-nothing pretenders like you post "why doesn't Batman just rape the joker" shit.

You're an idiot and I absolutely, categorically guarantee you've barely read any Superman at all, just picked up nonsense from Superdickery type articles while you mainly read Batman.
>>
>>88454603
You just spent two paragraphs arguing about how the dcau and fucking smallville supported your "Superman isn't the always find a way type". You are the most casual of us all.
>>
>>88458009
If superman is so fucking great why doesn't he just fucking rape Darksied then?
>>
>>88458243
rape empowers Darkseid
>>
>>88458071
DCAU is way the fuck less casual then Smallville. Sorry dude, but Bruce Timm corrupted a whole damn generation and his stuff had a lasting effect. Damien Wayne for example. I can't be the only one who remembers Talia "knocking out" batman with a roofie in BtaS. I raised my thirteen year old eyebrow at that one, just like Harley and Ivy beig "roomates" who wear eachothers extra large t-shirts and underwear around the house.
Smallville, however is fucking irrelevant to anything, thank The Gods.
>>
>>88458357
>Damian Wayne is because of the DCAU
Talia and Bruce have been paired together since the 70s

you fucking casual
>>
>>88441008
>MoS came out 3 years ao
>/co/ is STILL bitching about it
>yfw they'll still be bitching 3 years from now
>>
File: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (60KB, 313x559px) Image search: [Google]
[AHHHHHHHH].jpg
60KB, 313x559px
>>88458527
>we'll all still be here in 3 years
>using the exact same arguments
>only there will be Justice League shitposting too
>>
>>88458403
But she date raped him in the cartoon. He drinks, goes down wakes up in her bed confused and pissed. Maybe I'm slightly mistaken and that bit is based on a comic but I was literallly six when BtaS started.
>>
>>88458581
Bruce impregnated Talia in like the 80s in a questionably canon story, but the kid's fate was never detailed (beyond Elseworlds like Kingdom Come) until Morrison started making everything canon after Infinite Crisis and introduced Damian

whether it was consensual floated around a lot, the original story wrote it as consensual, Morrison wrote it as date rape then said later that was a continuity error, later issues in Batman Inc. re-confirms it as date rape, then Tomasi retcons it back to consensual

so on the whole, the concept of Batman having a child with Talia does not originate with BTAS
>>
>>88458713
Oh, okay thanks. I had kinda put it in with the other Timm and/or Dini being sneaky pervs examples. The fact somebody chose to include it still qualifies it, I think though.
>>
>>88441448
>>88450928

If there's one thing I really do appreciate about Bayformers, it's that movie Optimus absolutely does not fuck around.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.