[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Batman may have been an only average show, but can we agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: TheLaughingBat.jpg (19KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
TheLaughingBat.jpg
19KB, 480x355px
The Batman may have been an only average show, but can we agree this episode was amazing?
>>
It had a lot of good episodes.
>>
>>88439810

The Batman had it's share of excellent episodes; maybe one really good one a season. OP's was one of them.

The episode with the guy who could rewind time was one of the best, too. I think it was called "Seconds". The show definitely had moments where the writers were trying.
>>
>>88439835
Yeah, it had a couple I'd put side by side with some BtAS episodes. Granted not a lot of them but there is genuine gold there.
>>
File: Oh bat.png (117KB, 589x471px) Image search: [Google]
Oh bat.png
117KB, 589x471px
>>88439810
The Batman wasnt "DEEP" but it was good at wat it wanted:

Be an action show.

It had great fights, and good take on characters. Their Zeus was one of the bests on the last years, same goes for Ragdoll, Penguim, Batgirl and Firefly.
>>
>>88439810

Here's an old article that lists the Best Of episodes for The Batman

>http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2012/06/05/the-best-of-the-batman/

That one made the list. Personally, I don't think "Ragdolls to Riches" was very good outside of the fight scene in the clocktower at the end, so it really shouldn't be on that list.

Other picks are good, especially the ones with Hugo Strange (who was handled really well in The Batman).
>>
>>88439810
Going back to watch it, Rasta Joker was overhated
>>
>>88439907

At the very least, Kevin Michael Richardson's voice over for the Joker was good. If it had been paired with a different design I don't think people would have been bothered by it so much.
>>
>>88439893
>The Batman wasnt "DEEP"
Do you mean pretentious or why did you put the "" in there?
>>
>>88439810
I loved "The Batman"'s rogue gallery.
>>
>>88439907
Rasta Joker was a compromise that existed to:
>differentiate him from all the other incarnations of Joker
>make him more capable physically so the show could have more intense action sequences
Now Manson-Riddler there's a shit iteration.
>>
File: babs2466384.png (201KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
babs2466384.png
201KB, 576x432px
Favorite Babs.
A good amount of pretty awesome episodes.
Penguin was silly, but he was also kind of adorable.

Also that Batman vs Dracula movie was better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>88439810

I love that he had his own secret identity to go with the gag
>>
>>88439810
The one thing I liked about The Batman was how content and happy Bruce seemed to be when he wasn't Batman. Like he didn't have to be the broodmaster 24/7.
>>
>>88439907
>>88439943
Loved Joker.

Riddler was really weird.
>>
>>88440374
>>88439943

I was really conflicted about the Riddler. He was a well written character with just the most absolutely horrid design.
>>
>>88439930
Nah, nothing wrong with being deep.

The show was mostly a cashgrab for toys, but still managed to be nice.
>>
>>88440467
>that episode where Batman and Riddler are both stuck in his trap together
>>
>>88440490
You mean TAS?
>>
>>88439907
Voice acting was god tier
>>
>>88440467
I loved the Riddler's design. It just screamed "I think I'm better than the rest of the world", which is what Riddler is.
>>
>>88440960
This. TB Riddler fits perfectly into the aesthetic of the show - he outright mentions that be got a costume because it's cool and basically the difference between a common criminal and a supervillain.
>>
I really liked this show.

And I'm always surprised at how dark it could get, especially the dracula movie.

I mean, this was a show for kids, and in the movie you literally had a joker vampire being bathed in blood and licking it off the ground.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.