[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spider-Man, the self made teenaged hero is....just a dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: Spider-Man-Homecoming-Logo.jpg (183KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Logo.jpg
183KB, 1500x750px
>Spider-Man, the self made teenaged hero is....just a dumb teenager who is put into his position by Tony Stark

>Spider-Man...the hero who's secret identity from those close to him is a key and integral part of his story....has a fatass comedic sidekick ,who knows his secret identity

>Spider-Man...one of the few characters in comics who's non powered supporting cast is almost as well known as he is.....are now just a bunch of OCs

This is pretty fuckin' garbage. Spider-Fags have worse luck than Parker himself, curse Disney and their faggot mouse shit to hell.
>>
>>88437580
>the hero who's secret identity from those close to him is a key and integral part of his story....has a fatass comedic sidekick ,who knows his secret identity
Yeah cause that's absolutely the first time his secret identity has ever been found out.
>>
>>88437580
It will still be Miles better than most Spider-Man comics of the last few years.
>>
>>88437580
>Spider-Fags have worse luck than Parker himself
I'm a literal spider-fag, I'm pretty pleased with Tom Holland being cast, I have a huge crush on him
>>
muh 1960s rag source material ;------;
>>
>>88437580
The solution is to have fat boy get killed by SHOCKEEERRR!
>>
>>88437580
The moreI hear about this movie the more I hope they reshoot the whole thing. It sounds like everything besides The Vulture is a bust.
>>88437610
I mean, you say that, but when Spiderman has been weapons great shittanium for nearly the past decade, even a wet fart is better by comparison.
>>
>>88437634
>I mean, you say that, but when Spiderman has been weapons great shittanium for nearly the past decade, even a wet fart is better by comparison.
I'm aware, pointing out to OP that Homecoming barely makes the list of proofs that Spiderfags are unlucky.
>>
File: bait post.jpg (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait post.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>
>>88437580
Of course. They had two previous iterations they had to avoid in writing, so the most iconic shit goes right out the window.
Having a bu ch of OCs is for the better if you aim to not confuse your audience.
That way you can adapt ideas without having to repeat character arcs.
>>
Who will be the MCU's first rehashed Spider-Man villain?
Lizard?
Doc-Ock?
Goblin?
>>
>>88437758
Goblin for sure.
Harrison Osterfield is an actor and Tom's best friend, he kind of looks like he could pull off Harry Osborne.
>>
>>88437580
>Spider-Man...the hero who's secret identity from those close to him is a key and integral part of his story....has a fatass comedic sidekick ,who knows his secret identity
As opposed to all the other people who totally don't know his identity like every single villain in the Raimi movies. Not to mention fucking Gwen in the last movies

>>Spider-Man...one of the few characters in comics who's non powered supporting cast is almost as well known as he is.....are now just a bunch of OCs
Now, this is literally untrue. Even the fat friend is from the comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (316KB, 668x1060px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 668x1060px
My deepest hope is that Peter and Tony have a falling out due to Parker luck and Peter has to deal with his problems by himself with no iron dad to the rescue morally/financially/physcically
>>
>>88437830
I think Tony gets taken out of the picture somehow in Infinity War part 2, and Peter has to step up and deal with it
>>
>>88437815
Yeah cause Ned Leeds is totally a fat hawain kid Peter met in high school
>>
>>88437848
He's filipino, they're mashing the character up with Ganke.
>>
>>88437848
And the Ancient One is a bald white woman and Lex Luthor is actually Mark Zuckerberg.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 427x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 427x649px
Reminder they cast a fat hawaiin teenager to play this,yet MCUfags will claim it's true to "muh source material',but when Fox casts a black guy to play Johnny storm they whine
>>
>>88437880
I don't mind either of those, just hope Ned is entertaining in the movie.
>>
>>88437864
I hate those changes too but at least dr strange fans are amn enough to admit it goes against the source material,unlike spider fans
>>
>>88437880
I never saw that movie, did they explain that Sue and Johnny had different parents or what?
>>
>>88437901 Sue was adopted
>>
>>88437880
Actually, I think pretty much everyone has said the casting is absurd for this film. Even people who think MCU can do no wrong.
>>
>>88437901
Reed asks something like, "So...you're adopted?" and she awkwardly responds, "Yeah."
>>
>>88437915
>>88437923
It might've made more sense if it was the black kid who was adopted but okay, thanks.
>>
I mean, didn't they think this through? People are burnt out on Spiderman, and they're happy Marvel got the rights back, but this seems even worse than the SONY shit they squirted out last time.

Who is making this piece of shit, another MCU mouthpiece?
>>
>>88437966
>burnt out on Spiderman
What? Nobody's burnt out on anything.
>>
>>88437880
>but when Fox casts a black guy to play Johnny storm they whine
I'm more mad that they didn't cast a black actress for Sue as well. Michael B Jordan's a great actor.
>>
>>88438023
That's what felt more like stunt casting than making Johnny Storm black. They couldn't go the extra mile and make them both black? Was an interracial pairing a bridge too far?
>>
>>88438023

This. Why the fuck make Sue and adopted girl from Kosovo? Just to mention it once in passing?
>>
>>88437580
>dumb teenager
He made his own web-shooters, his burgeoning intellect is part of what draws Tony to Peter.
>>
>>88437966
>burned out by spider man.

No they arent
>>
>>88437758
Goblin has been established to normies as Spider-man's Joker, there's no way in fucking hell he's not coming back. Lizard might come back.

They don't have the balls (or the creativity) to redo Doc
>>
>>88438085

It's a troll. You shouldn't even be addressing him. Right now we're talking why Sue is white in Fant4stic.
>>
>>88437898
>>88437864
Ancient One was entertaining at least
>>
>>88437966
>People are burnt out on Spiderman
>Doyouhaveasinglepieceofevidencetobackthatup.jpg
>>
>>88437966
If people aren't burnt out by bats which had3 times the amount of movies then they aren't burnt out by the other most popular hero
>>
>>88437966
You just explained people are tired of spiderman and then complained again by the fact they're changing things up for the better.
>>
>>88438094
>They don't have the balls (or the creativity) to redo Doc
I think you're a little confused here: Not doing Doc Ock is the *smart* thing in this scenario. He isn't a "required" Spider-Man character and it was hit so far out of the park it should be left alone.

The asshole thing would be to try to redo him.
>>
File: 10.jpg (23KB, 186x169px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
23KB, 186x169px
>>88437580
There's a new supervillain.
That's literally the only reason to watch these past Raimi's second one.
>>
File: 1415751658400.png (85KB, 462x499px) Image search: [Google]
1415751658400.png
85KB, 462x499px
>>88438023
Nowhere near swole enough to play Killmonger tho.
>>
>>88437758
>>88438094
>>88438868
Sinister Six niggas. Sony still wants it.
Doc'll be back.
>>
File: spider.png (299KB, 663x372px) Image search: [Google]
spider.png
299KB, 663x372px
Once a hero, now a zero
>>
>>88437580

>>Spider-Man, the self made teenaged hero is....just a dumb teenager who is put into his position by Tony Stark

let's see:
>goes to a magnet school for smart teenagers
>gets spider powers and builds his own garbage web shooters and costume

so stark giving him upgrades makes Peter dumb?
>>
>>88439833
this

Stark was hella impressed by the web fluid, Petes obviously smart
>>
>>88439833
>so stark giving him upgrades makes Peter dumb?
Stark giving him upgrades is in itself dumb
Stark knowing who he is is dumb
Stark literally being his origin story is dumb
>>
>>88439969
>Stark literally being his origin story
No you retard. They skipped his origin story entirely. If anything Stark is his expanded story
>>
>>88439969
>Stark giving him upgrades is in itself dumb
he's done that in the comics
>Stark knowing who he is is dumb
nah
>Stark literally being his origin story is dumb
I missed the scene where Tony bites Peter and then kills uncle Ben
>>
>>88437580
This movie is gonna bomb so hard!
>>
>>88440021
His origin in the MCU is Civil War, and it starts with Tony Stark

>>88440043
>he's done that in the comics
How many years after Spider-Man was an established hero on his own merrit....not literally as soon as he becomes a real hero
>>
>>88437815
>As opposed to all the other people who totally don't know his identity like every single villain in the Raimi movies. Not to mention fucking Gwen in the last movies
Just because it was done in the past doesn't mean it was good then or now.
>>
>>88437580
>Made webshooters
>Understood enough of his powers to make goggles to help focus using camera parts
>Not muh spooder-mun! He didn't make his advanced costume!
It's almost as if a poor teenager lacks resources you dumb mitherfucker
>>
File: deflect 2.jpg (264KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
deflect 2.jpg
264KB, 1000x800px
>>88437580
>Spider-Man, the self made teenaged hero is....just a dumb teenager who is put into his position by Tony Stark

He was already fighting crime in his jammies, you idiot. Did you not watch Civil War?

Homecoming is just skipping the stuff we've all seen done to death.

Whatever, Pete is shit at keeping his secret identity.

>Spider-Man...one of the few characters in comics who's non powered supporting cast is almost as well known as he is.....are now just a bunch of OCs

Yeah man, I'm so mad they made up those retarded Liz Allen and Mary Jane OCs for this movie.
>>
>>88440095
ikr. probably only make 900 million
>>
>>88440147
She's Michelle Gonzales, not MJ.
>>
>>88440116
It was part of Civil War in the comics, Stark took Peter under his wing and gave him upgrades. They chose to adapt that theme for the film.

Also, still not his origin.
>>
>>88437864
At least Luthor was similar enough to how he was in his youth. These other changes are just retarded.
>>
>>88440217
And how long after Spider-Mans original appearance did Cival War take place?
>>
>>88437916
>Even people who think MCU can do no wrong.
Even in this thread people are defending it. It's insane.
>>
>>88440147
They are OCs if they're not the same race or characterization as the characters they're named after, just like MCU "Mandarin" is an OC

Also Mary Jane isn't in the movie, you retarded big nosed matzah eating shill faggot
>>
>>88440260
Decently long f you assume there is his entire origin, him making a costume and shooters, plus time for him to beat enough common crooks to be picked up by Stark.

I like this take on it. Strays away from "lol Riri Iron Bitch" tiers of "teen genius" while still giving notable accomplishments.
>>
>>88437880
No they cast him to play Ganke.
And for some reason decided to call him Ned Leeds.
>>
>>88440272
Oh shut up, everyone shit on the casting, people are arguing about other things.
Like your insistence on "lol but he didn't make his costume" bullshit.
>>
>>88440147
>Yeah man, I'm so mad they made up those retarded Liz Allen and Mary Jane OCs for this movie.

Liz Allen isn't an OC and neither is Michele Gonzales.
>>
File: SpecSpider-ma.jpg (801KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SpecSpider-ma.jpg
801KB, 1440x1080px
Is there even a point in making Spider-man adaptations after pic-related.

I mean we had the best and we lost it.
By comparison, nothing will as good ever again.
>>
>>88440383
He was being sarcastic.
>>
>>88440393
I meant to quote him and op, my bad.
>>
File: 090317.png (87KB, 720x936px) Image search: [Google]
090317.png
87KB, 720x936px
>>88440259
I dont recall Luthor being autistic twig. which origin story was that? The one where his dad beat him and in superman not stopping the beating instilling the idea that god cant be all good
>>
>>88440207
maybe 900 thousand
>>
>>88440314
>They are OCs if they're not the same race

I guess Liz Allen in Spectacular was an OC, then?

>characterization

We have no idea how they're characterized. The one shot of Liz we have makes her seem pretty much the same.
>>
>>88440392
Nice meme
>>
>>88437758
I hope they introduce Doc Ock next as a nod to Spider-Man 2.

He was also Peter's first real arch-nemesis, and bringing him in helps set up things like Sinister 6, Ends of the Earth (which could very easily be an Avengers movie plot,) and maybe even way down the line Superior.

Obviously they'll introduce Goblin eventually but I hope they save him for a little further down the line, movie 3 at the earliest. I don't mind if they start setting up Norman as soon as Homecoming (that would actually probably be good,) but he shouldn't become the Goblin right away.
>>
>>88437580
>Tfw /co/ always says every MCU film is going to suck before it comes out.
>Tfw /co/ is always BTFO
>Tfw "RT scores and it been popular is not what defines whats good!!!"
>Tfw something considered good by perma virgin nobodies on a weeabo board isnt relevant at all.
>Tfw this is the best Spider-Man film so people can finally stfu about Spider-Man 2 that aged horribly.
At least movie Spidey has the potential to be more interesting than whatever Slott is doing with the character in the comics right now.
>Carnage still best Spider-related ongoing.
>>
>>88437580
I was hoping for a story about how being a superhero isolates him from other people and makes him lonely. The only Avenger who's managed to get a family is fuckin' Hawkeye, the joke of the group.
>>
>>88437880
Black Johnny Storm was the last problem /co/ had with the movie.
>>
>>88440123
>Just because it was done in the past doesn't mean it was good then or now.
I'm not saying it's good or not, I'm saying it's not unique for Spider-Man be it movie or comic
>>
>>88437580
They turned Peter Parker into white Miles Morales. Bravo, Sony/Marvel.
>>
>>88442638
This could be just a set up to kill him off after a few films and then put Miles there to make Bendis' nipples hard enough for Quesada to snort cocaine in.
>>
>>88442692
>being this retarded
The Kike and Bendis are out from the movies. They literally have no say in there. That's why the Inhumemes movie was scrapped and turned into a shitty TV show.
>>
>>88442692
Except Miles is completely fucking redundant at this point, because the very, very few things that made him unique from Peter are now just being given to Peter! Literally the only things he'll have left that's at all different is the fact that his parents are still alive and his Uncle.

But even THEN, they're giving Ultimate Prowler's version of the Vulture wings to vulture and putting Childish Gambino in the movie as Hobie Brown/Prowler (allegedly.)

They've pretty much made a scenario where now even if they wanted to do Miles, the like 2 plotlines he actually has that are worth a damn have just been co-opted, or at least co-opted enough, by Peter that Miles is just 100% redundant at this point.
>>
>>88442692
If they gave a single fuck about Bendis then they would have called the character Ganke instead of Ned Leeds.
>>
>>88442822
>>88442798
>>88442717
>Thinking Marvel wouldnt just find a way to shoehorn Miles in anyway just for profit.
>>
>>88442862
Except the movie isn't being made my Marvel. It's being made by Sony Pictures in association with Marvel Studios (which is no longer affiliated with Marvel). Also Peter is a bigger draw than Miles. At most, they'd make Miles a supporting character for Peter.
>>
Spider-Man's fucking gay. I don't see why you guys even care about such a shit character and his even shittier movie.
>>
>Its /co/ pretends to hate everything Spider Man episode
>>
>>88442862
White people sell more, and Marvel Studios uses primarily white people, stop trying to pretend the world is against you.
>>
>>88437758
I think not only Spiderman but the future of the MCU hinges on them casting a good Norman Osbourne. If they play it right he will be the big bad of the next phase.
>>
File: How fans feel about Miles.png (745KB, 1080x413px) Image search: [Google]
How fans feel about Miles.png
745KB, 1080x413px
Hey look, the autistic Milesfag is back!
>>
>>88437580
Jesus, that punchable face.
>>
>>88442978
They're literally making a movie called "Black Panther," you fucking shill. Tell me again how Marvel isn't trying to wipe out aryan pride and brainwash youths into being anti-white, I fucking dare you.
>>
>>88437758
Venom, and it will be horrendous.
>>
>>88442976
Who's pretending? Everything featuring Peter Parker as Spider-Man has been shit, people are just waking up the reality that the character fucked up beyond all repair. His movies, comics, and cartoons will never be good again.
>>
>>88442978
Im not even that >>88443056 anon, but they could increase a lot of profit from including an african american Spider-Man to the MCU.
>>
>>88442862
How the fuck would Miles net them any profit?
>>
>>88443056
Okay I'm not gonna respond to obvious bait/false-flagging

>>88443098
More people are ultimately going to see a white guy, that's how the world works

I say this as a brownskin for the record
>>
>>88443056
>Tell me again how Marvel isn't trying to wipe out aryan pride and brainwash youths into being anti-white, I fucking dare you.
This is bait but some of you guys will believe it.

Black Panther is literally an African prince, he was created without any knowledge of the name.

'Wiping out aryan pride' is fine anyway. You can do away with dumb racial pride shit taking stock in achievements of other people just because they share your skin colour without hating your own race too.
>>
>>88443098
I don't see how. There's no one that'd go to a Miles movie that wouldn't also go to a Peter movie, and if you're trying to get the "black market" then that's what Black Panther is for. At best, you end up in a situation where Miles becomes Peter's black sidekick which is YET ANOTHER MCU hero with a black sidekick.
>>
>>88443122
I don't know, different anon, but I do think that a black MC can sell quite easily now.

The problem with Black Panther is that the cast is primarily black, so a lot of people WILL dismiss it as a 'black movie', unfortunately.
>>
>>88443098
Shut the fuck up Bendis, nobody fucking cares about Miles
>>
>>88443065
>they make a teenager Venom who doesn't punch or stalk Spider-Man because it's too much for the children.
>>
>>88437758
Its going to be Doc Ock and you know it
>>
>>88443122
>More people are ultimately going to see a white guy, that's how the world works
Yeah, cause here's what it comes down to. Minorities don't mind seeing movies about whites because that's the norm. If they went "I'll only see movies with black/asian/w.e protagonists!" then they'd very rarely be going to see movies.

On the other hand, there's enough white people that would outright refuse to see a movie whose main character isn't white that using a non-white lead is a gamble.

White male superheroes are a safe bet. Especially when they have 50+ years of history as is the case for Peter Parker. I actually like Miles well enough, but a Miles movie would be a horrible fucking idea. An animated movie adapting his origin/Ultimate Prowler/Scorpion arcs would be cool, but as part of the MCU? Nah, son. Nah.
>>
>>88442999
Confirmed and totally agree.

I miss the days when 4chan both respected and acknowledged when someone was right
>>
>>88443221
There's also the issue that, just as audiences in the West are becoming more receptive to entertainment starring minorities, China has become a much larger market.

And the Chinese audience, by and large, is very averse to seeing black people in films, at least in starring roles. It's why Finn got shrunk down to barely visible on the Force Awakens poster.
>>
Movies gonna suck
>>
>>88437580
But at least we get shirtless Tom Holland out of this.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.