[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never forget that we were this close to getting an Adult Swim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

Never forget that we were this close to getting an Adult Swim produced Team Fortress 2 series.
>>
Never forget we never got any real source about that.

Still sucks though, all the while Valve is slowly killing their own game.
>>
>>88432982
It's entirely possible the source was bullshit, but pretty much all of the details seemed pretty spot-on and the fact that the whole Adult Swim tease led to almost nothing seems to speak to some shit going on behind the scenes.
>>
Wait what? Was this actually leading up to something?
>>
File: widowmaker-miseltoe.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker-miseltoe.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>Still holding a torch for old and busted

Don't worry, the Overwatch cartoon is almost certainly going to happen.
>>
File: overwatch.jpg (144KB, 1170x658px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
144KB, 1170x658px
>>88433321
but there's one already.
>>
File: dead1.jpg (40KB, 420x393px) Image search: [Google]
dead1.jpg
40KB, 420x393px
>>88433479
holy fuck
>>
>>88433479
Is this any good? I kind of like the look.
>>
>>88433479
amazing
>>
>>88433479
Oh fug
>>
>>88433479
I don't get it
>>
>>88433502
It's very much for kids, and the plot lines are all pretty by the numbers. Still, you might get some enjoyment out of it if you like the visuals and characters.
>>
File: gi joe.jpg (14KB, 320x157px) Image search: [Google]
gi joe.jpg
14KB, 320x157px
>>88433479
Overwatch is just GI Joe if the gay subtext also applied to the women as well
>>
>>88433603
>if the gay subtext also applied to the women as well
PharMercy and... what?
>>
>>88433603
>We will never get a class based GI Joe shooter

Fuck man
>>
>>88433479
you mean Borderlands Jr.?
>>
>>88433479
same overall quality, too.
>>
>>88433632
tracer/widowmaker
zarya/sombra
>>
>>88433479
Surprised to see anyone on 4chan even mention this show
>>
Who knows, maybe Valve has some clips of a pilot that never got off the ground.
>>
>>88433321
Overwatch is fun, but you really can't say you'll get the same mileage out of it. TF2 shits all over it in replayability.
>>
>>88433321
Overwatch is fun but the humor, aesthetic and characters feel really lame to me. The pre-game banter between heroes is super cringeworthy. TF2 can be lolrandumbXD but at least it tries to be clever.
>>
>>88434472
Probably because the banter is way too safe and clean in Overwatch. TF2 has so much more flavor, and pulls no punches.
>>
>>88434433
Highly disagree, the fact that OW actually had matchmaking at the games peak makes it a million times easier to session play.
>>
>>88433603
>Implying Scarlet wasn't a giant lesbian
>>
>>88437473
Matchmaking robs you of tightly knit communities and fun custom servers, but hey... if you want a cheap experience guaranteed to be more homogenized, go for it.

Meanwhile TF2 has custom maps, game modes, and server side plugins.
>>
>>88433632
>not genji x mercy
heathen
>>
>>88437499>>88437499
>Matchmaking robs you of tightly knit communities and fun custom servers,

Oh come off it you knob, one does not beget the other or make for a particularly more meaningful experience. Not to mention that the vast majority of us do not have the time to ingratiate ourselves to a private server of strangers on the off-chance that they are either A) good at the game, B) actually fun to play with C) are not furries and bronies
Fuck that, I'd give every fucking 'fun for exactly half a match' gimmicky bullshit map like Mario Kart for a half-way decent ability to play a match of TF2 during the prime of that game.
>>
>>88434394
Wasn't that the Expiration Date short?
>>
>>88437545
their target audience is the casual players, who want to pick up and play

honestly its better this way
>>
>>88432942
>vydia game cartoons
Never forget that I'll never care.
>>
>>88432942
That's wrong though. There was never going to be a show. They just teamed up with as to show a short and have some of their characters show up in poker night. That was it.
>>
>>88437545
Right, because the only two kinds of maps are stock maps and Mario Kart.

And I'm sorry you don't have time to find nice communities, but they are well worth it. You get out of a game what you put in. But if everyone just clicks a big red button that says "PLAY" you are going to find a lot less regulars.

And it's funny you complain about strangers when you're defending the mode of play that ensures that's all you'll ever see.
>>
>>88437581
>And it's funny you complain about strangers when you're defending the mode of play that ensures that's all you'll ever see.

Overwatch has ELO, TF2 had nothing. If you jump into a random match of TF2 on any server, it's a complete shit show of players of dramatically varying skill.
>>
>>88433321
Meh, as much as I like playing Overwatch I just can't picture them being able to make a decently written cartoon out of it.
>>
File: skub.jpg (45KB, 500x177px) Image search: [Google]
skub.jpg
45KB, 500x177px
>>88437605
Overwatch poisoned my family
>>
>>88437605
I prefer it that way, frankly. The superstars you need to clash against, and the less experienced that need the coaching.

Besides, Overwatch matchmaking is a joke. The skill gap is still there, and huge.
>>
>>88437605
Fine by me, it's impossible for me to just get into a casual Overwatch match and relax. Every match is filled with people similar to my skill level who take the game incredibly seriously, even in Quickplay.
>>
>>88437605
matchmaking based on connection is way better than matchmaking based on skill. The latter is fine in competitive, but quickplay shouldn't do that shit
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.