[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did JHW decide to associate Batwoman with the supernatural?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: williamsIIIblackman_batwoman1.jpg (468KB, 1600x885px) Image search: [Google]
williamsIIIblackman_batwoman1.jpg
468KB, 1600x885px
Why did JHW decide to associate Batwoman with the supernatural? Not that I'm complaining, I think it adds something special and unique to the character, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there was a specific reason for that.
>>
>>88429594
So they could steal something else from Batman

>unique to the character

Kek
Nocturna was a Batman character way before Batwoman
>>
>>88429594
Because of her initial dust up with the Reliong of Crime, which has semi-supernatural origins.
>>
The real question is why'd you post such a bad scan anon?
>>
>>88429653

Because that's the only result that came up, that actually had Batwoman fighting supernatural shit, during the JHW run, when I searched for 'Batwoman' and 'supernatural' and I was too lazy to look for a better scan.
>>
File: DC31-BM227-MM1.jpg (114KB, 692x342px) Image search: [Google]
DC31-BM227-MM1.jpg
114KB, 692x342px
>>88429594
>I think it adds something special and unique to the character, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there was a specific reason for that.

Reminder that /co/ is so casual, that gets triggered with Batman/gotham stuff being supernatural
>>
>>88429957

Batman doesn't typically come up against supernatural shit, though. It's the exception to what he normally does. Batwoman's solo had her going up against Medusa, Killer Croc turned into Hydra, a vampire, supernatural shapeshifters and a ghost.
>>
>>88429997
>Batman doesn't typically come up against supernatural shit
Is RA'S AL GHUL not supernatural?
>>
>>88430020

No? The Lazarus Pit was come up with specifically so that Bruce could have an immortal adversary who WASN'T supernatural. They've explained what the Lazarus Pit is, and given it a scientific sounding explanation several times. If memory serves, they've even chemically reproduced Lazarus Pits in the past.
>>
>>88429997
Let's forget Dr Hurt just to name someone that was there at the same time Batwoman was being introduced, or all the other stuff.
Batwoman literally introduced supernatural in the batman mythos.

This really reminds of how the writers tried to paint her as this special new character and not just another bat-character
>>
iono i personally think out of the possiblww bat family members onnly her and red hood can really be pulled into supernatural stuff so they went with it just batwoman pulled it off bettter since red hood and the outlaws kinda dropped the ball midway through with the all caste shit
>>
>>88429594
Its a good niche, plus spookie shit is always fun when mixed with capeshit.
Like Carnage's new, now pretty cancelled, book.
>>
>>88430020
His methods are cheap parlor tricks.
kek
Can't wait to see the Monsterstown stuff in TEC, i hope they bring a nice dose of that kind of shit in her ongoing.
>>
>>88431615
>His methods are cheap parlor tricks.
ILLUSIONS, anon!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.