[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow I don't think I've ever seen a capeshit movie completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4237.jpg (110KB, 387x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4237.jpg
110KB, 387x580px
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a capeshit movie completely misunderstand its property more than this.

Fucking Fant4stic and Catwoman had a better grasp of their source material. This was written by the fucking guys who wrote the Star Trek and Transformers movies.

And no don't you say "at least the suit was perfect". It was ugly and shitty. MCU Spider Man has the perfect suit.
>>
>>88427092

That is not true about Catwoman.
>>
>>88427092
Garfield was an alright Spider Man, but a shitty Peter. I don't see what the point of Electro was when he was backseat to Harry the entire time. Also I swear I got whiplash from the 180 Parker did going from mourning Gwen's death to him being his normal self. Which I know it's implied to be a few months but fuck that was rushed at the end. And fuck everything about that Rhino, hopefully he's in the Homecoming sequel
>>
>>88427092
>Norman Osborn dies
>Harry wants Spidey blood
I was hoping Norman would turn Harry into the Goblin and force him to kill Peter but no it turned out to be absolute shit.
>>
>>88427092
What EXACTLY did it misunderstand???
>>
>>88427519
Everything. It misunderstood Peter(this supposed "genius" has to watch a YouTube video to learn how to deal with electricity).

It misunderstood ALL of its villains.

It misunderstood Gwen Stacy's death.

This movie was clearly written by someone who had a very basic idea of the Spider Man property.
>>
The script was shoddy, but it was very true to the core concepts of Spider-Man. As much as Sam Raimi's movies were, anyway.

It's an entertaining movie.
>>
>>88427092
>Fucking Fant4stic and Catwoman had a better grasp of their source material.
Note I hate ASM2 but that is just not true
>>
>>88427699
>It misunderstood Gwen Stacy's death.
How?
>>
>>88427906
The point of her death was that Spider Man brought chaos upon his loved ones with his life. The movie misses that point by having her show up to the fucking final battle to help him.
>>
>>88427092
>>88427092
Disniggers are trying way too hard.

Homecoming will be shit and we all know it.
>>
>>88427738
No it isn't. It's boring. Literally worse than BvS
>>
>>88428474
Homecoming will be the first good Spider Man movie. No more Sony bullshit.
>>
File: Spider-Man thread.jpg (83KB, 387x396px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man thread.jpg
83KB, 387x396px
>>88428504
>Literally worse than BvS
Whoa. Rein it in, anon, you're off the chain and talking nonsense.
>>
>>88427092
Daily reminder to boycott Spider-Man and say no to the Hollywood Sin Machine

http://www.thedailylimit.net/2016/12/12/why-i-will-be-boycotting-spider-man-the-homecoming/
>>
>>88427092

The main problem with TASM2 is that it was overstuffed, poorly edited and had a Made by Committee feel.
>>
>>88427092

>Wow I don't think I've ever seen a capeshit movie completely

Clearly, if you think TASM2 is the worst offender
>>
>>88428527
>produced by the same people that made the Amazing series
You fool
>>
FOR YOOOOOU
FOR YOOOOOOOU
BABY I'M NOT HOLDING ON
YOU'RE GONNA DIE BY THE END OF THE FILM
>>
>>88428456
...how does that miss the point?
>>
>>88428527
Homecoming will be the safest Spider-Man film that will take no risks.
>>
>>88428527
>Take parts of Peter's origin
>Stick him in Miles' life
>Make RDJ the crutch for all of Spider-Man's shit
>>
>>88431288
Original:
Because he is Spider-man, his girlfriend gets target and killed.
The Movie:
His girlfriend decides to intervene, gets killed off by bad guy in the battle.
>>
>>88431743
And how is that different exactly? If anything that's more heartwrenching because she wanted to help him and all it did was get her killed.
>>
>>88431680
>Miles life
Shut the fuck up. Miles is a carbon copy of Peter dumbass
>>
>>88431909
>>Fat Asian Friend who plays with legos discovers his identity.
>>Other heroes mentoring him.
>>Gets his suit/web shooters handed to him by another hero.
Seems like Miles' story
>>
>>88427092
this is such a bland boring and uninspired, not to mention uninformed, post
>>
>>88431945
If thats really all there is to Miles story than thats fucking sad and says a lot about the character.
>>
>>88427092
the only problem with the suit is the weird ass basketball texture
>>
>>88431979
It's Bendis, what did you expect really?
>>
>>88432030
Not much, but I find it hard to people theres an autist on here whos legitimately upset about Homecoming borrowing Miles's fat friend. Frankly I see it as a fuck you to Bendis for his shitty character so Im all for it
>>
>>88431165
It is. Fuck off Sony shills. You lost.

>>88431200
Marvel has full creative control. Try again.
>>88431290
>Because the last 5 Spider Man movies weren't safe

>>88431825
Because a big part of the Spider Man myth is is that he brings unwarranted shot upon his loved ones. If they're throwing themselves into the fight then it doesn't work.
>>
>>88432205
>>Because the last 5 Spider Man movies weren't safe
The Raimi films still established iconic moments. Homecoming's entire premise is "Please respect me Tony" with a villain who is exactly like the Falcon.
>>
>>88432205
>Marvel has full creative control. Try again.
No they don't. They're part of the creative producers for it, but it's a Pascal production. So anyone thinking this won't be a steaming piece of shit is going to be disappointed.
>>
>>88432281
>Whos exactly like Falcon
Fucking idiot
>>
>>88431945
>details that literally make no difference
>not uncommon for peter
>Spidey already had his own shooters when he met Iron Man
try harder
>>
>>88432323
How are Falcon and the Vulture different?
>>
>>88432343
other than "wings" how are they the same?
>>
>>88432343
How are actual falcons different from actual vultures?

Just because they're both winged, flying creatures - a superficial similarity, doesn't make them anything alike.
>>
>>88432343
>Falcon cant hover
>Toomes suit grants him enhanced strength allowing him to be an actual threat to Peter
>>
>>88432316
http://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-creative-control/

From Fiege himself. Try again.
>>
I wrote this when it came out
>keep most things the same
>except change the Electro character
>Max Dillon was a scientist at OsCorp who went through the same accident a while but was saved by Norman's tech and owes him his life
>this motivates Norman's obsession with genetic splicing to cure his disease
>Electro is Norman's loyal bodyguard who falls under the employ of Harry after Norman dies
>Electro introduces Harry to his father's secrets, including the superspiders and potential cure
>Harry and Electro realize Spider-Man must has the full venom in his blood
>at Electro's urging, Harry gives the order to capture him (creating moral conflict for Harry)
>fight scene of Electro terrorizing Spider-Man out of scientific fascination that leaves Peter shaken but ends in stalemate
>the new enemy inspires Peter to go to his old friend and now powerful CEO Harry for help, and he reveals his identity when Harry shares the videos of their fathers together
>Harry asks for a sample of his blood but Peter refuses and tells him to wait to work together on a cure
>Electro convinces Harry that Peter is keeping the venom for himself and that they should take it by force
>Electro recommends the glider for Harry and they kidnap Gwen
>Gwen placed in precarious situation, Peter submits, gives venom to Harry who mixes it with the venom and injects it,
> Harry is mutated and knocked out from pain
>Electro blames Peter for it and drops Gwen, Peter cant save her, beats Electro's ass
>Harry wakes up, sees himself, sees dead Gwen, sees crying Peter, cant take it and flies away (this all so Harry is the sympathetic character, not fucking Electro)
>Harry in his OsCorp penthouse all mutated and crying
>phantom stranger guys comes in and gives Harry phone with Norman on the other end saying something omnious like "You did good my boy"
>ending of happy Peter plays out so the ending is not all depressing
>>
i disagree, although as a film in and over itself, TASM2 isn't so great, as an adaptation of Spider-Man its brilliant.

>best spidey
>best peter
>gwen has character and is actually gwen (contrast with Dunst' "Mary Jane" who isn't like MJ at all and is an mediocre damsel in distress)
>>88427738
the Raimi films are nice movies, solid filmmaking, but with regard to Spider-man they're kind of terrible.
Peter is recasted as a generic loser nerd archtype, and Spider-Man becomes a generic superhero, adn loses much of what originally made him unique (fighting style, quips, etc)
>>
File: 1422399786899.jpg (38KB, 768x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422399786899.jpg
38KB, 768x326px
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
File: BANE.gif (3MB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
BANE.gif
3MB, 318x500px
>>88431251
>>
File: s-l1600-299.jpg (191KB, 855x1310px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600-299.jpg
191KB, 855x1310px
If Fox would have had any brains they would have kept Gwen alive and put Emma Stone in a Spider-Gwen movie
>>
>>88427092
>someone was paid to write this
>>
>>88434242
>fox
>>
>>88427092
>Catwoman had a better grasp of their source material.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not go that far. At least ASM2 had actual characters from the comics instead of just having them all be OCs made up for the movie.
>>
>>88427699
> implying a teenager who spends most of his time swinging around new york has a computer type storage brain that can recall any information he needs

> implying smart students who ditch class often never open a text book or do a quick google when they need to refresh their memory
>>
>>88434242
That's the opposite of brains, you'd be literally catering to a flash in the pan audience. Her hype has already died down.
>>
>>88434647
Kill yourself Orci. Parker is a genius enough to manufacture his own webshooters and he doesn't know how electricity works? Fuck off.
>>
>>88432205
I don't see how you could argue that ASM2 is somehow worst than Catwoman. Catwoman didn't even have Selina Kyle as Catwoman. That clearly shows more disrespect to the source material than ASM2.
>>
>>88434670
>Her hype has already died down.

Sure it has /co/. Sure it has. I'm not even a Spider-Gwen fan BTW. But it's clear that the character is still super popular, probably one of the most popular Spider characters at the moment (which something /co/ can't accept because it triggers them).
>>
>>88432205
*mythos
>>
File: A0ScHSX.gif (3MB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
A0ScHSX.gif
3MB, 480x200px
>Someone brainstormed this, wrote it, showed it to the director, the director approved it and sent the script to VFX, people spent countless man hours animating this, it probably cost a shit ton too.
>>
>>88434780
Anon shes only "popular" because of her costume. Her book was shit and she hasnt done anything worth praising.
>>
>>88434780
>probably one of the most popular Spider characters
That's a low fucking bar, and it means nothing outside the few thousand people who buy that comic book.

1) Peter
2) Miles
3) Spider-Gwen
4) Spider-woman, maybe? But like, only because her name is Spider-Woman
5) ... idk who the fuck else would be on this list
6) Everyone else
infinity) Silk
>>
>>88431743
The movie is shit, but your reasons for hating it are literally incorrect.
>>
Suicide Squad, Fant4stic and Catwoman are totally worse you're out of your mind.
>>
>>88431251
>that itsy bitsy spider dubstep while Pharrell Williams whispers menacingly
>>
>>88435121
I dont know, the THEY LIED TO ME THE HATE ON ME shit was ok when Max started juicing up on the jumbotron and does the EMP. Not sure why everyone hated the itsy bitsy thing at the end either.
>>
>>88435121
Good thing MCU Spider-Man has patrician taste in music instead of that dubstep and EDM crap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRWUoDpo2fo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dSYgd5Elk
>>
>>88434845
what's so bad about this again? I still don't understand why it triggers everyone on /co/
>>
>>88427092
Still better than Homecoming anon, at least the grim atmosfere of normal life, highschool was so much real than the stupid fairy tale disney is trying to push... and I hate garfield and I hate Sm2. a hughes movie...who the fuck was asking for a hughes movie?
>>
File: file_105392_0_dillon-capture.jpg (26KB, 200x258px) Image search: [Google]
file_105392_0_dillon-capture.jpg
26KB, 200x258px
>"Spidey! I love you!"
>"Haha, take this Sparky!"
>Tfw when Spidey's just a guy bullying a retard.
>>
File: 1469399059478.jpg (53KB, 212x363px) Image search: [Google]
1469399059478.jpg
53KB, 212x363px
>>88435121
>I thought it was row your boat
>>
>>88427092
That movie was Uber shit
>>
>>88435014
>>88435557
>>88436366

Who boy the Sony shills are out in full force. I can't imagine anyone defending this movie on any level if they're over the age of 12.

>"I AM THE RHINO!"
>>
>>88436366
>Grim atmosphere of normal life and high school

You have to be 18+ to post here kid.
>>
>>88427229
If there'd been a 3rd film I was expecting for it to be revealed that Harry was never ill in the first place and Norman just told him that to get some sort of test dummy for the Goblin formula.

Still
>Frozen head
I have no idea how they planned to make that work.
>>
>>88427092
Raimifag go kill yourself
>>
>>88431825
>>88435014

No, he's actually right about this. Part of what makes Gwen Stacy's death in the comics so tragic is that Peter never told Gwen about his life as Spider-Man in the first place. He didn't want to involve her, but she was killed anyway. Pair this with Captain Stacy's death, and Spider-Man is responsible for the death of a family that he loves. This is all symbolized by his web-line ultimately snapping her neck and killing her - he's the failed protector who couldn't save Gwen from the consequences of his double life. That's why her death sits on his shoulders the hardest.

The movie removes some of the impact of this by making it so Gwen knows and chooses to involve herself. Also, some of the impact is removed because Harry all of a sudden wants to ice Gwen because "gimme duh blood" when in the comics its the result of the long feud between Norman and Peter. Having Harry kill Gwen and not Norman was an idiotic move, but I guess they wanted to cram as much as possible into one movie. I'm still impressed they had the balls to actually kill Gwen, though. Too bad MCU probably won't do the same thing. I think the Death of Gwen Stacy is essential for the Spider-Man narrative.
>>
>>88427092
I actively dislike this movie, and that's just a totally facetious statement.
Sure, it's Man of Steel level bad, but Fant4stic? C'mon now.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.