[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 6 Episode 6 - Leathal Inspection was rather heartwarming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: futurama-couverture.png (864KB, 2160x1315px) Image search: [Google]
futurama-couverture.png
864KB, 2160x1315px
Season 6 Episode 6 - Leathal Inspection was rather heartwarming.

I didn't know up until a few days ago that Futurama had been continued, the series is meme as shit but still pretty amusing.
>>
>Try to discuss cartoons properly
>0 replies, no one cares
>Meanwhile shitposts are at +300

Ebin.
>>
>>88423723

When you call something "meme as shit" you're not discussing it properly.
>>
>>88423763
It deals with things like how South Park would. The episode with Mom making the 'eyephone' for example.

Meme as shit.
>>
>>88423813
eyePhone was the rock bottom. It started to climb up. It still had dumb contemporary references, but it was still good for the most part.
>>
>>88425197
Oh aye.

Amy's been pretty fucking slutty-awesome.

I liked Bender being Amy, that was a fun episode.
>>
File: Amy.jpg (41KB, 599x480px) Image search: [Google]
Amy.jpg
41KB, 599x480px
>>88425288
Plus this was neat.
>>
>>88423226
The only reason Letal Inspection is not considered one of the better episodes is because it was followed up by The Late Philip J Fry, which is probably one of the best episodes behind luck of the Fryish and Game of Tones(if only for the ending)

i think we can all agree that Meanwhile was a bad end to the franchise that started off promising.
>>
>>88425321
>i think we can all agree that Meanwhile was a bad end to the franchise that started off promising.
Nah, it was OK.
>>
"The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" and everything that came before it was about 95% pure gold.

Everything that came after it was 95% pure shit.
>>
>>88425344
>>88425343
The Devils hands are idle playthings shouldve been the finale.

but meanwhile was ass.
>>
wait, I thought Futurama concluded
>>
>>88425392
It concluded 3 times and continued twice. Still waiting for inevitable third reboot.
>>
>>88423226
everything from the 6th season on is terrible except a couple episodes

> the series is meme as shit
what the fuck does that mean
>>
>>88425425
it'd be interesting to see how they could make the show worse
>>
>>88426474
pretty simple: let modern simpsons writers touch it
>>
The series finale was nice and the "pilot episode starting right after it" was a nice touch

though it does make me think that the characters are trapped in an endless loop

I really liked the show, even when it came back it still had some good episodes (the Straight to DVD season was pretty crummy though). The problem is that the jokes were based on Fry being a fish out of water...and when that wouldn't would work they just made Fry really stupid.
>>
>>88427120

fry was always really stupid though
>>
Personally, I thought the later seasons (For the most part) had the same charm as the earlier ones. Only difference was they became a little more raunchy because CC let them get away with more. But that goes for nearly every shot that went on longer and longer.

>>88427120
Regarding Meanwhile, the Professor says he's going back "To before he thought of the time button" and I don't think it was that far back. That was just during the original airing that they faded to white and then started with the plot again.
I think they only went back a week or two so not much would have changed.
Plus, Fry probably remembers everything. It's already been established that his brain is different and not affected by things like others so he may have all his memories. This would allow him to tell Farnsworth not to make the Time Button and avert the chance of a loop.
Then from there Fry and Leela can just work up to the point of getting married and living their lives again, this time with their friends and family.
>>
>>88423226
it was oscar bait
>>
>>88427420
He was more of a slacker then a complete homer style idiot.
>>
>>88428248
I wont lie and say shit like the genius planet made him super stupid
but there was also shit like
>its the year 3000
>oh my god I've been frozen for a million years
which was in the first episode
it wasnt his only trait and I agree they do press that harder later on but it was still there
>>
>>88427623
I haven't read their comics
Does it reference "Meanwhile" ??? I assume the comic takes place after the series finale

As far "later seasons". They had some stinkers and the raunchy stuff never really fit in the show. I like Gross Out humor but futurama never handled it well and I assume the writers had to do it because now they were on cable and they wanted the "family guy" audience.

I did like how they handled the Zoidberg character later on. It was a nice touch to make him not a total loser , plus it sort of fit in with very early seasons where Zoidberg seemed to be the professors friend
>>
File: LobsterLad.png (198KB, 349x243px) Image search: [Google]
LobsterLad.png
198KB, 349x243px
>>88428335
true
But he came off more like a regular dumb guy instead of a mental deficient.
Plus all things considered he handled waking up 1000 years into the future pretty well

LoSH/Futurama Crossover when?????
>>
>>88425365
Why was it ass?
>>
>>88428351
I haven't read the comics either. But I think they are on their own continuity, if there is any.
The series itself ends with Meanwhile and whatever happens after that button is pushed is entirely up to the viewer.
>>
>>88423226
>>88423723

I only watched the first 3 episodes after the reboot. I've seen every pre-reboot Futurama episode multiple times except maybe the Napster one but I just couldn't get into the rebooted series.
>>
>>88430993
Season 6 starts off a little slow. But by the middle of the season it's back at fulls strength. Season 7 also has some low points as the writer were saving their best plots for the end.
The last few episodes running up the finale are superb with the humor, emotion, and giving characters closure. The second to last episode gives Zoidberg the best ending he could have been given.
>>
>>88431527

Devil's Hands was already the perfect end for the series though
>>
>>88431622
It was a great ending, and still is one of the best episodes. But I think the series as a whole gained more than it lost from the movies and two seasons of episodes.
>>
>>88431695
the movies sucked
>>
>>88431712
First one was good. Second and third, yeah not a huge fan of them. Fourth had its moments.
>>
>>88431782
its hard to like them
also the last two seasons were increadibly bad minus a couple of episodes
for every lethal inspection episode there is an eyephone episode
>>
>>88423226
I thought that episode was trying too hard to force a Jurassic Bark/Luck of the Fryish mood. Game of Tones was great though. Season 6 was shit, season 7 was pretty good.
>>
>>88431817
I didn't mind the eyephone episode other than the blatant marketing, even if it was massively taking the piss out of Apple users.

>>88432037
A little, but it ended on a good note which is more than can be said for JB/LotF.
>>
>>
File: 1481569133961.jpg (86KB, 798x523px) Image search: [Google]
1481569133961.jpg
86KB, 798x523px
It was one of my favorite series from the states, rather miss it still.
>>
CC Futurama had its moments.

>FRIENDER FRIENDER FRIENDER!
>>
>>88432037
I feel the same way. The majority of the episode isn't that good and the ending is trying to feel emotion but all I can think is 'Hermes inspected and approved Bender? That's almost as contrived as Anakin built C3P0.

Game of Tones wasn't great either but the emotional ending made sense and worked. It is pretty sad to think that Fry's mom never saw her son again, even if she was a sports of obsessed loon.

Ain't nobody getting misty eyed over Hermes Conrad.
>>
>>88431782
I'm with ya on that.

The first one had a great time travel plot, brought back the nibblonians and an alternate timeline where Fry returned to the 21st century.

And the ending where Bender fucks up the timeline and the universe starts tearing itself apart was great!

And then the next one it's just a single tear that people mostly ignore and turns out is actually just a hole to another dimension where a lonely sentient planet lives? Wow, that couldn't have been any more a let down if they tried.

I can't bring myself to that one or Benders Game. The middle is just them going 'What if the characters were in Medieval times? Because why not?'
>>
>>88434990
Oh and I forgot the one where Fry unleashes the common cold on the 24th century. They try use the framing device from 'Luck of the Fryrish' by flashing back to a parallel story back in Fry's childhood with his dad. It didn't work as well.
>>
>>88435039
The movie also undoes what was done to Seymour. He doesn't die lonely, he dies in an explosion but it's after a long life with Fry (Lars).
On a similar note, >>88434990 Fry's parents get more time with him before he runs off since once again, Lars stayed in the 21st century longer. Even if he too disappeared just as abruptly as Fry did. That whole angle of Lars and Fry was great and the first time I saw it, I was really impressed.

I think there'd be a good plot having Fry and Leela go back to the past to meet Fry's family. Not just in a dream. Leela seeing the 21st century would be neat in general.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.