[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Suicide Squad getting a sequel and two spin-offs How long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: toyetic.jpg (60KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
toyetic.jpg
60KB, 400x410px
>Suicide Squad getting a sequel and two spin-offs

How long till the Thunderbolts movie announcement?
>>
File: 1391571226020.jpg (406KB, 1024x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1391571226020.jpg
406KB, 1024x1525px
>>88412674
Seeing as Gunn already requested to do a Thunderbolts movie and was told he could have any project he wanted if Guardians was a hit, which it was. And considering the massive push for Thunderbolts we're seeing from Marvel lately (new book with original team, cartoon cameos, etc...) I'd say soon...ish.
God willing they go with the original idea of Super Villains posing as Super Heroes for some sinister plan, rather than the later interpretation which is essentially Suicide Squad. Not that an MCU version of Suicide Squad wouldn't be a better version, but I refer Zemo-Bolts to Osborn-Bolts.
>>
>>88412674
They even relaunched the Thunderbolts comics with Bucky as their leader, the only reason for this is if there's already a movie in the plans
>>
>>88412674
Phase 4?
>>
>>88412674
I'd love to see Marvel try to rip off SS with Thunderbolts. It'd be funny to see WB blow them the fuck out with a lawsuit.

And what would an MCU movie about villains even be? And hour and a half of stock footage while the team shows up once or twice then dies at the end? Marvel villains are so bad that seeing them try and make a movie out of them would be laughable.

Though to be honest, I don't see them trying anything new after Doctor Strange did so poorly.
>>
>>88413135
>It'd be funny to see WB blow them the fuck out with a lawsuit.
I didn't know WB had a copyright on the "villains as leads" films
>>
Not enough meme characters in Thunderbolts for the Tumblrites to dress up as.
>>
>>88412915
Bucky in Thunderbolts is like when they shoehorned Iron Man in GotG before the movie.
>>
File: Avengers Infinity War Part I.jpg (72KB, 377x487px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Infinity War Part I.jpg
72KB, 377x487px
>>88412674
'Member how the Thunderbolts debuted after the Avengers all died?
You'll get it early Phase 4 pham.
>>
>>88413135
>I'd love to see Marvel try to rip off SS with Thunderbolts.
Except, you know, suicide squad was malformed into a rip off of Gaurdians when they saw how much of a hit it was.
>>
>>88413503
It's a good thing Gunn doesn't give two shits about that.
>>
>>88412726
What if they pull a real twister and Have Norman start a hero and go villain?
>>
>>88412726
I love both versions but it'd be a shame for them not to use Zemo again.

>>88413682
I think this is most likely.
>>
>>88412674
As soon as they figure out how to put Robert Downey Jr. in there.
>>
>>88413774
MACH backstory flashback
>>
>>88413503
Have you SEEN Songbird's hair?
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15KB, 300x600px
>>88413135
You don't get Thunderbolts guy.
>after Doctor Strange did so poorly.
...Are you alright?
>>
>>88412726
I get wanting the classic Zemobolts, but the Parker Thunderbolts was the best run the book has ever had. They already used Zemo in the MCU and he's a completely different character. Why not just make the Zemobolts the prologue and start with a redemption program.
>>
>>88413135
>It'd be funny to see WB blow them the fuck out with a lawsuit.

On what grounds? That they both have comic books about villians as main characters? I guess they should sue each other for making movies about Superheroes in general while at it.
>>
>>88413135

>WB owns the concept of edgy teams

Did they go back in time and also create the Dirty Dozen?
>>
>>88413774
He'll be DEAD
>>
File: 5ec.png (77KB, 257x373px) Image search: [Google]
5ec.png
77KB, 257x373px
>>88414334
>They already used Zemo in the MCU and he's a completely different character.
He really is just the sock n' sword to you people isn't he?
>>
>>88414394
>Thunderbolts
>edgy
Anon you're falling into the same trap he did.
>>
>>88414492

He's making a direct correlation to Suicide Squad, not me.

And Suicide Squad was very much trying to freak mom.
>>
>>88414484
I honestly hated how he was portrayed, they wanted so badly for the avengers to have cannonically saved everyone in the city in avengers 2 that they basically made this guy and his family the sole victims in thier woods cabin.

I'm still annoyed that they saved the entirety of a massive city, when in avengers 1 they saved tons of people but the death count was at least there.

I'm not asking for grimdark but teh suspension of disbelief was lost.

And then Zemo himself was....mostly boring. The best part of civil war was honestly black panther.
>>
IMO, Thunderbolts doesn't work as a movie without it becoming just Suicide Squad rip off. The series nature of the story doesn't support a movie time frame. The original, fundamental concept of Thunderbolts, after all, is villains posing to be heroes only to learn they actually like being heroes more than being villains. You can't do much character work without halfassing it, since you need to first establish them as bad guy and then show them having second thoughts and fit a main story plus them pretending to be heroes to it.

The major twist of the Thunderbolts being villains also doesn't work if they're just random people you've never seen before. And the MCU has done a shitty job establishing villains who could be used in such manner.

I mean you can do a Thunderbolts movie, but I just don't see it working as well as it did in the comics.
>>
>>88414594
They could do a Dark Reign movie centered around Osborn's Thunderbolts.
>>
>>88414334
>but the Parker Thunderbolts was the best run the book has ever had.

This is factually wrong and you goddamn well know it, philistine.
>>
>>88414334
>the Parker Thunderbolts was the best run the book has ever had.
That's just plain untrue.
>>
>>88414594
>IMO, Thunderbolts doesn't work as a movie without it becoming just Suicide Squad rip off.
Suicide squad movie was an edgy rip off of the GOTG movie. And if Gunn's at the helm then all it'll be better off than the shitpile that was SS.
>The original, fundamental concept of Thunderbolts, after all, is villains posing to be heroes only to learn they actually like being heroes more than being villains. You can't do much character work without halfassing it, since you need to first establish them as bad guy and then show them having second thoughts and fit a main story plus them pretending to be heroes to it.
Gunn did a fine job establishing character and arcs in his film, and SS probably would have too if not for the shit load of reshoots they had to do, and terrible editing cuts to make it like GOTG. This parts do-able.

>The major twist of the Thunderbolts being villains also doesn't work if they're just random people you've never seen before. And the MCU has done a shitty job establishing villains who could be used in such manner.
You could easily remedy this by establishing them as villains first. Suicide squad already did this.

I'll give you that MCU doesn't really establish thier villians well, and they mostly just kill them off. This could be remedied if they just had villians get locked up or not blow themselves up. So far we've only got Klaw, Zemo, and Batroc in that regard. I could easily see them using Zemo as the head since he effectively pitted the avengers against each other.
>>
>>88414726
They'd need Osborn to do that. Without Osborn they'd need some other character to fill the same role, and then what you're left with is either Ross, Zemo, or Bilbo Baggins.
>>
>>88414594
Goliath in Ant-Man & Wasp, Moonstone in Captain Marvel, Fixer in Black Panther.
Sort'd.
>>
>>88414967
Well Spidey's back in the MCU so they can use Osborn now. And also use Venom who was on the team.
>>
>>88415394
Alternatively you make some substitutes.
Killian as Mach-V, Abomination as Atlas, etc..
>>
>>88414476
That won't stop them.
>>
Hello guys!
>>
>>88416111
>2 Marvel TV characters
>Fox character
>>
>>88416111
John Hurt will be the mastermind that commissioned the project but with Zemo as the on-site coordinator.
Come to think of it yeah, it shouldn't be too early in Phase 4. You need a few big ol' catastrophes to convince him such a risky venture is necessary.
>>
>>88412674
Suicide squad wasn't a good movie. It did well because of Harley Quinn and the Joker. Going all out on this seems like a mistake.
>>
>>88412674
>Toyetic
For the longest time, I thought Ellis made this word up. I didn't know it was an actual term or quality attributed to characters.

>>88414893
>>88414824
Kill yourselves
>>
File: red-card.jpg (16KB, 400x475px) Image search: [Google]
red-card.jpg
16KB, 400x475px
>>88414334
>Parker Thunderbolts was the best run the book has ever had
>>
>>88415431
MACH V can be related with Hammer Industries
>>
>>88415431
>Killian as Mach-V
Killian is extremely dead.
>>
>>88413710
Having Norman start out as the new weapons dealer to the government and its programs would be awesome.
>>
File: 1.gif (708KB, 631x457px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
708KB, 631x457px
>>88418717
>>88418779
Shit my bad I yeah meant Hammer. -_-
Iron Man's films didn't leave much of an impression on me.
>>
>>88414594
If you really want a crowd-draw, MCU version bolts could have/be led by Loki.
>>
>>88415431
Who's still alive?

Zola (I assume somewhere)
Abomination
Loki
Justin Hammer
Zemo
Mordo

Nuke
Diamondback
Elektra
Frank
>>
>>88419732
>Zola (I assume somewhere)

Zola is presumed dead. If you assume that Zola had a secret backup, you might as well include Ultron as alive by the same method.
>>
>>88412674
Hopefully never

A mediocre movie is one thing, but the horrible shit they'll do to them in the comics to cater to the movie crowd?

Better they should fall into obscurity.
>>
>>88413135
Try harder next time, you'll eventually get it.
>>
>>88419732
Marvel TV characters are as out of limits as the Fox characters.
>>
>>88412674
>That hair
Just how high does it go?
>>
>>88412674
> Suicide Squad getting a sequel and two spin-offs

I know it made money, but holy shit this is depressing. Fucking hot topic crowd...
>>
>>88421174
Only until Perlmuter gets kicked out of Marvel media altogether.
>>
>>88420477
>Rulkbolts
>>
>>88422094
Mousenigger tears are delicious.
>>
>>88414334
>Parker Thunderbolts was the best run the book has ever had.
While his run had some good stuff to it (mostly Ghost) It was mostly bad. He probably wanted to continue with agents of Atlantis and not thunderbolts, he got shafted hard on what villains he could use and all that time travel shit by the end was awful.
>>
>>88419732
Whiplash harness was in SHIELD custody, they can shit out a Constrictor out of it.
>>
>>88414594
Estabilish most of the team in the remaining movies (Moonstone in Cap Marvel, etc), Songbird can be introduced on the cold open.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.