[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>were not gonna be like those other heros and leave right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 577bec792abc6.jpg (145KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
577bec792abc6.jpg
145KB, 550x850px
>were not gonna be like those other heros and leave right after a conflict
>does the opposite 3 issues in a row
Does this bother anyone else? And the co flicts they leave are pretty fucking derious especially issue 3.
Because you know un a real world situation those girls are dead.
Why is Marvel hyping up as a new type of hero when they do the same shit as the old ones.
>>
>>88410621
Because, tripfag, as you know, Waid is a hypocritical hack.
>>
>>88410666
I lnow he is but i feel like marvel is trying to take advantage of the current social justice trend in youth culture and just gave Waid a bunch of issues to write about.
>>
>>88410727
>i feel like marvel is trying to take advantage of the current social justice trend in youth culture
You don't say
>>
File: baner_kaine.png (62KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
baner_kaine.png
62KB, 300x100px
>>88410621
It started to bother me, then I remembered that teens are very loud and opinionated and often times quite ignorant to the reality of things around them. Watching this group of hormone filled teen heroes flip on a dime when presented with a situation seemed pretty accurate to me, even if each character is written horribly ooc, but then, it hasn't really had any affect on how they act in their own ongoings. So no, I guess it hasn't really bothered me.
>>
>>88410621
Issue #1, they stop a crime and stick around to give the police statements.
Issue #2, there was NO GOD DAMN FUCKING SUPERHEROING for your little bitch theory to apply to, despite your saying #2 was an example.
Issue #3, WHO THE FUCK EVEN CARES because we already know your shitpost complaint is full of shit.
>>
File: 1481309762849.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1481309762849.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>88410824
It would be cool of that was the whole point. It's not, but it would be cool if it was.
>>
>>88410824
Sounds like somebody is reading headcanon again.
>>
>>88410621
Do you know what pisses me off about Champions. It's not the idea, in fact I think it has potential, angry teens creating their own team because they think the system has failed them.

It is who is in the goddamn line up.

None of these characters bar Kidclops really have that much reason to disenfranchised with the current superhero community. All of them are praised by other heroes, or have incredibly good relationships with older members of the community.

Why can't we have some of the Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Runaways or New X-Men kids in the line up.

Those kids have real reason to feel angry at the world and actually would have reason for organizing this team. They would feel that kid heroes had to have each others' back as the adults wouldn't, something that has been proven to them over and over.

The remaining New X-Men have seen their friends die, killed, been crippled and generally suffered. The Young Avengers have also seen the older superhero fail them again. Avengers Academy has seen their friends being forced to kill each other despite the fact they were told they were safe. The Runaways, well, lets just say they have had some... bad experiences and leave it at that.

See that would have been interesting to read and watch. It would have also made a lot of sense.

After watching the heroes fight each other again over some trivial shit and the whole crisis with the mists, it would make perfect sense for the kids to pissed. After all, nothing had been gained from all they had lost and their problems were being ignored. So, creating a group like this would be a logical in that regard.

Instead, we just get a bunch of 'popular' characters being written into a role that they really have no reason to be in. It is incredibly cheap and I honestly find a bit insulting to Youth Culture in general as it is such a simplification of what the common sentiment is. Plus the dialogue is cringe made of buzz that Waid picked out from social media.
>>
>>88411200
You're missing the point, they look around and see that all the superhero crap is making things worse.
This was the point of the original Civil War; you have superpowered people flying around thinking that punching monsters through buildings is helping.
The original Spider-Man line was about figuring out how not to misuse your great power, he was a teen superhero too - same idea, by the time of Civil War there were all these superheroes not even thinking about that, and then Tony Stark stepped in to solve the problem in the worst possible way and everyone got distracted by politics and epic battles.
The original problem in Civil War was never remedied, there's no taking responsibility for your epic battles when you're a superman, these days even Tony Stark's Avengers team has forgotten about all that when dealing with standard every-day villains.
Kamala isn't doing the superhero thing for a testosterone rush, she wants to do good and the people she thought would show her how to go about that aren't paying attention to great power - great responsibility.
So like all kids of every generation she sees the obvious bullshit adults are pushing and rejects it.
That's not having all the answers, it's not supposed to be. All it is are them trying to figure things out for themselves.
>>
>>88411442
You missed the entire point of my post too. What I am suggesting is that a group of teens create a team to defend their own interests because they think adults won't help them. What I suggested is that they decided enough is enough and did something about what happened to them. I didn't suggest it was a positive thing at all. In fact, the whole 'Angry teens creating their own team because they think the system has failed them' does not sound positive at all in the slightest.

But there would be more reason, emotional weight and better stories that could be told with that set up.

What I am saying is that understand the point of the Champions believing that what the Avengers are pushing is bullshit, but it rings very hollow considering who the line up contains and the combined experience of them.

The Civil War debate however, is idiotic. The entire point of heroes originally was that they served as individuals who helped the authorities deal with threats that they are ill-equipped to handle for no reward, but because they can. Their objective is to save the world and ensuring that people who would be harmed can go home. Without the MU would be in a worse state. Agreed it has gone bad as of late, however, I blame that more on the incompetence of the writers.
>>
File: Miles_32010.jpg (61KB, 332x485px) Image search: [Google]
Miles_32010.jpg
61KB, 332x485px
>>88411671
Civil War #1 was entirely about great-power-great-responsibility, it began with the biggest idiot in superheroing triggering a supervillain blowing up a whole town, and then ended with Captain Not-Hydra America looking around at the chaos that superhero battles create and surrendering.
The whole story was about taking responsibility for irresponsible superhero behavior.
When it's a giant purple man about to eat the planet you're allowed a lot of collateral damage leeway, but the superhero battle that crossed the line for Kamala was against The Wrecking Crew, who were committing robbery. Why did a full-on battle in the middle of the city have to happen at all? Why did all that property damage have to happen? Couldn't they have just followed them to a better battleground before confronting them? Did any battle have to happen at all?
Getting into a big fight that tore up a city block was not responsible behavior.
>>
>>88412255
Civil War was not a good event. Please stop treating it like it was some kind of masterpiece about superheroes. The actual reason for Civil War was idiotic as one the New Warriors were not that idiotic and two, the Avengers had nothing to with the event or team in question.

Instead, what we got was a group of individuals who time and time again saved the world being attacked by ignorant morons who were forcing them to endanger their families and friends along with perhaps the world, just to give them peace of mind. As for all those 'big battles'. Most of them are caused by villains ripping the cities apart. Heroes usually try and contained the damage.

Also with the Wrecking Crew, there was no context. We had no idea how they had robbed the bank, but they seem to have no problem hurting others to get their way. Saving lives is more important than property.

Also as Sam pointed out, what could they have done? None of them had the skills necessary to help the people in a meaningful way.

The Champions so far have not done anything of the sort to 'fix' a problem either. All they have is tackled the symptoms of one (the woman in the Middle East). The execution is such a weak one because it feels so tacked on and forced, with inconsistent motivations and characterizations that the book is not enjoyable to read, nor does it provide any good insight into problems.

Seriously, there were so many better ways to write that Middle Eastern issue and more appropriate characters to do it with. Dust being one of them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.