[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /co/'s opinion on the Goode Family? I'm about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: the-goode-family-post.jpg (828KB, 795x1129px) Image search: [Google]
the-goode-family-post.jpg
828KB, 795x1129px
What is /co/'s opinion on the Goode Family? I'm about to watch it. Is it like reverse King of The Hill? They drew the hips on the daughter pretty nicely.
>>
>>88407066
It was okay. I could relate
>>
>>88407066
Do you think the show was ahead of it's time? Are these people just environmentalists or hardcore SJWs?
>>
I was still a dumb teen when it was on and didn't know anything about politics, but the art style and dumbshit son really creeped me out.
>>
>>88407066
I loved King of the Hill. This was just unfunny terrible shit. You're not missing out on anything by not watching it.

It's not the worst cartoon or anything, but meh. I enjoyed Allan Gregory and Napoleon Dynamite more than this if that is any indication.
>>
>>88407296
They were a now a almost extinct kind of liberal, paranoids environmentalists.
>>
>>88407296
>Do you think the show was ahead of it's time?
How old are you?
>>
>>88407066
They tried to do king of the hill but lacked heart.
>>
>>88407066
I think it was people wanting him to do King of the Kill with liberals. But didn't understand that to do that everyones flaws get shown. Hence it was sunk beucase they didn't like that.
>>
>>88407487
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "everyone's flaws get shown"?
>>
>>88407378
Allan Gregory was good though.
>>
>>88407296
Maybe a little. Still has limited appeal. I think even if you get what it's going for the characters push the limits of believability
>>
>>88407296
>Do you think the show was ahead of it's time?

What do you mean? Libtards have been a laughing stock centuries.
>>
File: for sale.jpg (40KB, 543x373px) Image search: [Google]
for sale.jpg
40KB, 543x373px
>>88407597
>>
>>88407487
It sunk because it wasn't that funny the the lead wasn't that likable. Hank was a good guy even if a number of people don't agree with how he sees things.
>>
>>88407296
In what way?
>>
>>88409643
That's basically the problem. Judge leans conservative and grew up around conservatives, so he knows how to poke fun at them while still showing the value of their point of view and making them real, likeable people that you can relate to even if you don't always agree with them.

He generally doesn't like liberals, so trying to make a liberal version of King of the Hell and it doesn't quite work. It just ends up being kind of mean-spirited with a cast of unlikeable characters that the show makes no attempt to present as being relatable.
>>
File: VanDriessen[1].jpg (39KB, 350x502px) Image search: [Google]
VanDriessen[1].jpg
39KB, 350x502px
His show about Tom Anderson's family got cancelled so he made a show about Mr Van Driessen's
>>
>>88407066
It struck me as trying too hard.
I saw someone explain it as, like, with King of the Hill, it both mocks and embraces that kind of blue-collar culture. Like, Hank is the punch-line as often as he is the everyman, and that's why we like and identify with him.
But this was just a show about wacky cardboard people with zero believability, which was a huge part of King of the Hill's appeal. It lost that down-to-earth tone by cranking the parody up to 11, so we didn't have anyone we could latch onto.
>>
>>88407296
Yes
>>
File: 1480989936651.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1480989936651.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>88410396
Definitely. Hank was a caricature, but many of his hangups were only tangentially related to his conservative background.
>>
>>88407066
Goode Family is an example of a fascinating pop culture phenomenon.

>Conservatives: There are too many liberal comedies! Why does no one make a conservative one?

>TV network: Okay.

>*no one watches it and it's cancelled*

Every single time.
>>
>>88407066
It's probably the worst thing Judge has ever done; the one failure in his otherwise spotless record.

I think the problem is that KotH had conservative characters, but it didn't make fun of them for BEING conservative; the jokes came from Hank being awkward, Peggy being delusional, Dale being paranoid, etc. There wasn't any hate there and the characters felt like actual people.

Goode Family, meanwhile, only has one joke. It's just a show full of strawmen, and it's painfully obvious that the writers hate them and just want to mock and humiliate the cast. That gets really old really fast.
>>
>>88410545
Extract was bad too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.