[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can they even compete... Wouldn't they have been better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 10

File: 1445435390706.jpg (208KB, 621x949px) Image search: [Google]
1445435390706.jpg
208KB, 621x949px
How can they even compete...
Wouldn't they have been better off just being original fresh heroes instead of knockoffs for the new generation?
>>
>>88404620
Kamala > Carol
Kamala >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lesbian Carol
>>
>>88404620
>original fresh heroe

Originality doesn't sell comics. People want heroes they're familiar with, even if it's a shitty SJW-friendly variation of it. No one wants to read about a team of new characters with new abilities they've never heard of before.
>>
>>88404687
>No one wants to read about a team of new characters with new abilities they've never heard of before
Obviously they do or we wouldn't have the heroes we have today
You have to start somewhere. I'd rather have the slow grind instead of just starting on cheat mode.
>>
>>88404620
They did that already, and those kids ended up being mulched by Hopeless in Avengers Arena.

I expect the same fate for these kids sometimes. Or at least Sam.
>>
Kamela isn't really a knockoff since Marvel's more of an ideal than a coherent identity.
>>
>>88404620

you know they're different people under the mask right?? Sam isn't Dick and Kamala isn't Carol and Miles (usually) isn't Peter
>>
>>88405055
Though MCU Peter totally stole Ganke.
>>
>>88405155
>Fat friend = Ganke apparently.

And even if he did, who cares? Ganke was the only good thing about Miles Morales, now we've just been reassured Miles isn't happening, which is great.
>>
>>88404999
I'm honestly surprised Sam lasted this long.
Though I guess they shove in everything the other two are doing. He'd be dead otherwise
>>
>>88405182
It's the legos, man. That and being a secret keeper for Spider-Man.
>>
>>88405182
> Ganke was the only good thing about Miles Morales
Dude come on, now you're just shitposting.
>>
>>88404999
Anon why you don't like Sam?
>>
>>88404620

>original fresh heroes

you hear yourself think, right?
>>
>>88405222
Is there ANYTHING good about Miles anon?
>>
>>88405263
Bombshell
>>
>>88405278
So thats a no
>>
File: 1480142144344.jpg (125KB, 725x620px) Image search: [Google]
1480142144344.jpg
125KB, 725x620px
>>88405263
Venom Blast
It can't be be beat.
>>
>>88404639
lez carol where?
>>
>>88405351
Peter immediately got back up and knocked him out though
>>
>>88405698
If Miles honestly wanted to finish him off, he'd be finished
>>
>>88405698
yeah cause he didnt give bendis a chance to make a bunch of dialogue asking what happened
>>
>>88405252
I like Sam, but let's face it, the kids been through a LOT. He's even had a team implode on him before.
>>
>knockoffs
Why are Marvelfags just so averse to legacy characters? Do they just not get it or something?
>>
>>88405801
A time jump would help
>>
champions was pretty much the worst shit ive read so far and it mostly because kamala is just shit wrapped in ass entitled cunt, the others are just drug along and the constant hashtag and tweeting is cringy as fuck.
>>
>>88405338
But muh waifu potential
>>
>>88405771
Bendis fuck off
>>
>>88405801
Its mainly because Marvel has so many of them that it becomes irritating.
Instead of coming up with new characters, they take existing ones, set them back several years, and change the skin tone or gender.
>>
>>88406271

>Instead of coming up with new characters, they take existing ones, set them back several years, and change the skin tone or gender.

except Peter Parker, Carol Danvers, and recently Dick Rider are all around?
>>
>>88406289
Rich was dead for five years
Logan is dead
Bruce Banner is dead
Scott Summers is dead. I get that Teen Cyclops is technically the same person, but you can see how he is a knock off.
I have no clue what happened to Johnny Blaze, although I do kind of like Robbie.
>>
>>88406362

Rich dying and Sam being around are unrelated. Well I mean they didn't kill him to replace him. DNA ended their thing and he was off the table so they replaced him to respect that ending. then bendis

Logan and Scott will be back
No one ever gave much of a fuck about poor Bruce Banner RIP
>>
>>88406394
Bringing back Thanos and Star-Lord already disrespects that ending and makes that scene pointless. Rich was excluded from coming back mostly because they didn't want Sam to compete with him.
Logan's been dead for nearly 4 years now, which is actually surprising.
Scott "Worse Than Adolf Hitler" Summers might come back when the Inhumans get off earth.
>>
>>88405351
He said something good.
>>
>>88404687
I love seeing the SJW complainers. Can't have a black spider cause SJW. Miles actually has a more fresh story and fun dynamic with ganke. You know in the 70s when they introduced black super heroes that were original people whined about it being SJW. Doesn't matter how a character from a minority group is introduced you're gonna whine then learn to accept it.
>>
>>88404942
>Obviously they do or we wouldn't have the heroes we have today
>You have to start somewhere. I'd rather have the slow grind instead of just starting on cheat mode.
Static was cool for maybe two years, look where he is now

McDuffie was right
>>
>>88405222
He's exaggerating but he's not completely wrong.

I would say that taken as a while miles is better than the man child Peter is usually depicted as, but leagues behind ultimate Peter Parker
>>
>>88405351
>T-shirt
>Shirt
>Hoodie
>Blazer

1) who taught Peter how to dress, a hobo?
2) where did Peter get there money for all those clothes
>>
>>88407610
To be fair I've read that Static originally being a Milestone character can make usage of the character difficult at times.
>>
>>88404687
This.
The cape industry has stagnated.
Just let it it die, and let a better cape industry be born in it's place.
>>
File: Drax03.jpg (57KB, 316x468px) Image search: [Google]
Drax03.jpg
57KB, 316x468px
>>88404620
They couldn't even draw Rich, just his helmet floating through space?
>>
>>88404620

>Complaining about legacy heroes

This place is awful
>>
>>88408958
He was still dead at the time, and Bendis loved the fact that he was dead.
>>
Anon this is the Big Two what exactly are you expecting?
>>
>>88405351

Am I really the only one who noticed that he is a black superhero with electric powers?

He is only missing a skateboard.
>>
>>88404620

>Those poses
>That fucking floating helmet just like that
>Those shitty "sad" faces

I wanna be paid for fucking up as well.
>>
>>88404620
>all their costumes are darker and edgier
>>
>>88404620
Serious Question:

Who was the last original character Marvel made that wasn't a "legacy" and wasn't shit?
>>
>>88411576
Deadpool?
>>
>>88404687
You can make new heroes with new abilities when people stop trying to push thier sjw crap into every orifice
>>88404942
People still rememerb Static, and he'd be way more well known now had DC not sabotaged everything he's had in the past 10 years. If he was with marvel he'd probably have his own movie by now.

Fuck with DC trying to copy MCU every step of the way, making a lihgthearted romp with Static and great power w great responsibility Static is the way to go.
>>
>>88411576
Um...

New X-Men
Sentinel
The Initiative kids
I suppose you could make a case for some of the Avengers Academy not being legacies and I enjoyed the original Hickman characters in his Avengers run, but I am probably going to get slaughtered for suggesting that.

Marvel has plenty of good characters, especially teenage ones at its disposal. The biggest problem is that they afraid of making new stories and using them.
>>
>>88406615
Miles is a shit character and always has been. Literally race appropriation SJW tier shit. His character revolves around getting lambasted for being spiderman, oneshotting op villain of the week, and then being told he's tottally worthy of being spiderman.

That is all he's ever been. Mayday Parker was a better legacy character than this piece of shit will ever be.

>>88407697
>I would say that taken as a while miles is better than the man child Peter is usually depicted as
No, fuck you, Miles is worse. The only reason Pete's been worse is because of people like Bendis and Slott fucking with the character.
>>
File: 1458514615641.jpg (84KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458514615641.jpg
84KB, 571x800px
NOT MY NOVA!
>>
>Replacement heroes?

Marvel has a sliding timeline, but time does move forward for these guys.
Spider-Man's not a teenaged superhero anymore, in another decade or two he's going to be middle-aged.
Dick Rider Nova is already D.O.A.
And in a few more years nobody's going to be calling for Carol to go back to a skimpy costume.

It's going to be time to pass the torch to the next generation sooner or later.
>>
>>88404620
Kamala is the only original one, it's too bad she has ms marvel horrible name taped into it.
>>
>>88404620
A problem with them is they are not legacy character either, they barely have contact with the originals or sometimes their legacy.
The three of them had barely spoken wit Spiderman, Ms Marvel and Nova (obviously), it was like "hey kid, you want to be spiderman too, ok".
Also they seem to want to usurp the previous character, they take their name, we don`t have a spiderboy, we have a spiderman from the go, it could have worked in ultimate because peter was dead but in 616 feels pretentious for miles.
Kamala gives shit for her legacy, she "adores" Carol but has not knowledge, interaction or even interest in others Captains Marvels.
>>
>>88404620
I fully endorse legacy characters cause the flash is great
>>
>>88407740
1) Refer to 2
2) He stole it off a hobo
>>
File: mania_.jpg (113KB, 648x516px) Image search: [Google]
mania_.jpg
113KB, 648x516px
>>88411576
Mania?
>>
>>88411739

>Sentinel

Now you reminded me of that hick kid who became friends with a Sentinel and made it do heroics after burying down the "kill muties" part of its programming. Then he got killed or shock value in an event and made me sad.
>>
>>88411576
Alpha?
Kek
>>
>>88412832
Ah Hopeless. A fitting name to be sure.
>>
>>88413015

It's kinda like pottery, it rhymes.
>>
>>88412694
she's a venom legacy
>>
>>88413020
Christ, he is considered a rising star in Marvel at the moment. That or they want him to kill books quickly.

I mean what the fuck was Arena or Undercover. It was like reading the edgy fanfic of a kid who had no understanding about any of the stuff he was writing.
>>
>>88404620
>Wouldn't they have been better off just being original fresh heroes instead of knockoffs for the new generation?
My thoughts on every replacement character marvel has crammed in my face for the past five years.
>>
>>88413037

I read like a single chapter of Undercover before I just labelled it as crap and blocked it out of my my mind until now, since I wasn't willing to repeat the awful ride of Arena. How did it turn out? How many got killed for cheap drama?

What character is Hopeless ruining these days?
>>
>>88413068
Undercover, much like arena, was an idea full of possibilities. Then it ran right into the ground. It got cancelled, thank Christ, but not before you got some tasty insight into how hard he was going to continue to rape the runaways. Like, needless character deaths AND ressurections. Part of me wonders if the book shouldn't have been allowed to continue. It would have been beautiful in the same way the atom bomb going off over hiroshima was beautiful.
>>
>>88413068
He made Spider Woman pregnant because his wife was...

I don't know.

As for ruining... Well I don't think you can ruin Idie and the O5. I mean, they were pretty shit to begin with. But he has taken them down to lower depths than Bendis or Aaron ever could. Somehow.

But Genesis and Laura are fucked, the former losing all her innocence and the latter turning into millennial and taking up Logan's mantle for her boyfriend so he could be comfortable around her.
>>
>>88405182
>now we've just been reassured Miles isn't happening

Peter getting his fat friend doesn't really reassure that. They could just give him someone else as a friend
>>
>>88412393
Except we already had MC2 of a future timeline of heroes. They were better than the All black all lgbtq bullshit we're getting shoveled down our throat now.

Half the shit they're pushing doesn't even make sense. And if you wanna pull that bullshit marrative, Ben Riely was suppsoed to be Spidey until he and Pete's kid got killed, and Pete's entire continuity got rewritten by a hack.

If anything, we're gonna get a universe wipe and a reboot, because current marvel has fucked itself into a corner.
>>
>>88412464
>Carol but has not knowledge, interaction or even interest in others Captains Marvels.
They should push this, they did have Mar-vell appear in a fanfic thing, but it was really weird.
>>
>>88406489
No Rich was mainly excluded because he wasn't in the GotG film
>>
>>88412464

>we have a spiderman from the go, it could have worked in ultimate because peter was dead but in 616 feels pretentious for miles.
>"But I don't wanna be Black Spider-Man, I wanna be Spider-Man!"

Entitled little shit.
>>
>>88413347
>"But I don't wanna be Black Spider-Man, I wanna be Spider-Man!"
He also says this while wearing a black costume.
It's like Kaine complaining that he doesn't want to be RED spiderman he want's to be THE spiderman...of Texas.

Except Kaine would never do that because he's not a whiny little bitch Mary Sue.
>>
>>88413034
I'm not sure that's correct.
>>
>>88413370
>Except Kaine would never do that because he's not a whiny little bitch Mary Sue.
he spent most of his solo bitching and whining that everyone just started calling him Scarlet Spider as soon as he showed up
>>
>>88413455
she's literally wearing a clone of venom
>>
File: 1356020609798.png (110KB, 1109x492px) Image search: [Google]
1356020609798.png
110KB, 1109x492px
>>88413507

Yeah but he didn't want to be a hero period. He even went and punched a bunch of Santas and people cheered.
>>
>>88413507
Kaine had a pretty big reason for not wanting to be called the Scarlet Spider.
>>
>>88413507
Well then he's retarded for having a red costume then.
Still less retarded than Miles, and still has had more character than Miles ever will.
>>
>>88404639
Came here to post this.
And I'm a Carolfag.
>>
>>88412393
>Spider-Man's not a teenaged superhero anymore, in another decade or two he's going to be middle-aged.
Haha nooooooooo.
Time ain't moving forward, nigga. The past is just getting further compressed. Fantastic Four #1 will be forever 15 years ago.
>>
>>88412464
>>88413288
Maybe that's why she's Ms Marvel and not Captain Marvel ya dinguses.
At the very least you could suggest she meet Sharon & Karla. I'm still holding out for Mystqiue personally.
>>
File: 1470071798762.jpg (134KB, 762x961px) Image search: [Google]
1470071798762.jpg
134KB, 762x961px
>>88413068
>How did it turn out?
Let put me this way - I feel characters that were in Arena and Undercover are now considered toxic, as every book they show in dies. Nico was in A-Force and Marvel killed it at #10 despite having sales to continue. Cammi showed up in Drax's solo...which died at #10. Hopeless' curse

>>88404620
>Wouldn't they have been better off just being original fresh heroes instead of knockoffs for the new generation?

First of all:
>Mosaic #1 - 44 354 sold items, 61st position
>Mosaic #2 - 31 767 sold items, 93rd position
He'll be lucky to get to issue #12

Second, to have brand new characters you have to have someone willing to make them and, well... pic related.
I cannot even blame people for this approach, not after what Marvel did to Runaways, Avengers Academy and Sentinel.
>>
>>88404639
I agree but let's add another factor to this scale.
SHIT >>>>>>> Kamala > Carol
>>
>>88413655
>Maybe that's why she's Ms Marvel and not Captain Marvel ya dinguses.
But the captains were very much a part of who Carol was, and if she was a real fan, she'd know that.
>>
>>88413754
>>88404639
I mean, yeah, if you have shit taste. Or if you mean current Carol.
>>
>>88404687
>Originality doesn't sell comics.
Way I see it, Marvel don't sell comics period.
See kamfags are making threads already complaining her book aren't even Top 100 anymore.
It's not originality not selling, because you know, Spider-Man was new once too. It's them not being good at it, that's not selling.
And whichever possible angle they'll take to address the newer generations it's not going to help them any when they're not good at they're job.

What is Miles Morales? Miles Morales is a character who merely survives cause he certainly does not thrive, by eating the flesh of Spider-Man.
But Spider-Man is already like 55 years old a character and he's gonna run eventually out of flesh for his failed newer incarnations to be fed with.
What then? When the Spider-Man IP does no longer draw the crowds in the movies and the games and the comics, they'll have to have an original.
And they can't do that. Not because people don't support original ideas but because Marvel's house of ideas is completely empty.
>>
>>88413807
Well, yeah, before Carol became the Queen of Yas, she was actually an interesting character who I could sympathize if only out of pity but in anyway, did not dislike.
>>
Why do people call Carol a lesbian?
>>
>>88408984
What if I don't like legacy heroes? Huh? Can I not complain how they're shitty ideas?
>>
>>88404620
Tell that to Mosaic
>>
>>88404620
>Original fresh heroes

Yeah, no. That doesn't sell. People don't want new things these days, they want the familiar and the known. This isn't a comic problem, it's an entertainment problem. Look at movies, where the most popular ones are adaptations and sequels.
>>
>>88415648
She looks like one

Also antics with Jessica Drew
>>
Carol actually looks hot in that one
>>
>>88405801
I have never liked Legacies at either of the big2.
>>
File: 1456992007215.png (222KB, 281x637px) Image search: [Google]
1456992007215.png
222KB, 281x637px
>>88413950
>before Carol became the Queen of Yas
It hasn't even happened yet goddamn.
>>
>>88415648
>haircut
>STRONK FEMALE
>marketed specifically at Tumblr
I like her but it ain't hard to see the reasoning.
>>
File: marvel5.jpg (624KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
marvel5.jpg
624KB, 1152x648px
>>88413798
Captain. Singular. And even then it was pre-Starlin exclusively, bare minimum of crazy cosmic cumbayah.
I get it, I count them as the same franchise too, but one exploding Magnetron aside Carol is her own thing with her own history. It's frankly a pity IMO, her comic would be WAY better if they folded in the lore from other prior Caps instead of SOLELY relying on what Carol Danvers has done.
>>
File: Avengers27.png (625KB, 480x546px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers27.png
625KB, 480x546px
>>88415648
Chris Claremont
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.