[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read Ultimatum, after reading 130 issues of ult spidey.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161213_105421.jpg (1MB, 2045x1342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161213_105421.jpg
1MB, 2045x1342px
Just read Ultimatum, after reading 130 issues of ult spidey.
Who let someone just destroy the whole universe they had built up, with this terribly written shit?
And worst of all
There was no ultimatum it was just magneto throwing a rage fit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
P.s. I loved ult spidey until the clone saga, then it started going downhill imo
>>
To be fair, it was shit before Ultimatum.
>>
>>88390028
Ultimate already suffered from a few problems. Their version of the Hulk started off as a complete monster, Cap was a racist and a jackass (this never really went away), Nick Fury is straight up evil, some characters did horrific shit and either make jokes about it or not care.

That Universe was also depressing as fuck, and villains were lucky if they lasted a few issues.
>>
>>88390431
Yeah, but Ultimate Spider-Man was basically doing fine in a relative vacuum before Ultimatum. Plus it wasn't even consistent with past storylines... the Blob is revealed as Liz's dad with redeeming qualities, then suddenly he's eating Wasp for literally no reason? What the shit.
>>
File: markmillargeniusofourgeneration.jpg (128KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
markmillargeniusofourgeneration.jpg
128KB, 646x1024px
>>88390028
It's funny I had the same reaction and the same reason for reading Ultimatum. At least spidey has that great panel of him saving people from the Bugle.

Ultimatum was garbage.
>>
File: 1292456491014.jpg (341KB, 820x789px) Image search: [Google]
1292456491014.jpg
341KB, 820x789px
I kinda liked Ultimate Fantastic Four for a while... But like everything else it quickly lost it's charm and appeal thanks to the division quite literally running out of original ideas.

So they hit the self destruct button as hard as possible.
>>
File: 1412917456613.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1412917456613.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>88390431
The universe wasn't as dark as everyone makes it out to be. The whole thing seemed to relish in audacity. For example, making Captain America president and having him fight people while in office. Or the entire arc with the vampires attacking Shield. Or even the black ghetto hulk fighting ghost rider (who was summoned by the president).

To me, it seems Ultimatum actually improved the ultimate universe since it freed the writers from having to make things 'realistic'. Once they realized the whole thing was fucked, they no longer had any to give. That's where things got fun.
>>
>>88391851
I actually liked that they tried to do new things, and the Vampire arc was interesting, but it still got rid of new characters before you really care about them.

Perun, and the new Daredevil are both killed here. I think Perun died in the same issue he came back, and the new Daredevil never got to do anything before dying like a bitch.
>>
>>88391899
Yeah, the permadeath was an annoying holdover from when they were going for realism. The universe was much better as a playground for writers to do things they could never get away with in the mainstream marvel comics.

They should have just let them revive characters since I doubt anyone reading ultimate comics after ultimatum really cared about things like continuity or how realistic it was supposed to be. The best and worst thing about the ultimate universe was that it could go balls to the wall crazy due to the lack of editorial interference. Good writers were great, but bad writers were truly terrible.
>>
>>88390505
Could someone please change 'THE END' in that pic to 'THE EDGE'?
>>
>>88390505
Wait, how can we see his face he he's fucking us in the ass? Is the reader supposed to be on their back with legs spread for him or something? Why does it look like he's being fucked in the ass?

I don't understand this page.
>>
>>88391851
>Or even the black ghetto hulk fighting ghost rider (who was summoned by the president).
>>
>>88392027
Wasn't it the VP?
>>
>>88392076
>VP
RICHAAAAAAAARD!!!
>>
File: 911.png (321KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
911.png
321KB, 600x463px
>>88390431
>Cap was a racist
LYING MOTHER FUCKER!
There is a entire annual with him hanging out with Falcon which showed flashbacks to him being sympathetic to black soldiers and calling Zola's ethnic victims "your betters".
The French insults was him being nationalistic not racist, and he wasn't even that most of the time he strongly praised WW2 Russian Soldiers in Ultimate Nightmare.
>>
>>88390028
Keep reading, Spider-Man continues to be great after Ultimatum, The Death of Spider-Man specifically was fantastic.
>>
File: capsc3.jpg (147KB, 618x760px) Image search: [Google]
capsc3.jpg
147KB, 618x760px
>>88390431
>>88392119
> he strongly praised WW2 Russian Soldiers in Ultimate Nightmare.
>>
>>88390028
>until the clone saga
What was wrong with the clone saga? Even after that, Ultimate knights and the talk were fucking great. Though I'd agree it does go downhill after that. Nothing terrible, but nothing amazing. Symbiote war was disappointing and a few story lines here and there were fun. Also
>Worst Day of Peter Parker's Life
>>
>>88390028
>Who let someone just destroy the whole universe they had built up, with this terribly written shit?
Loeb's son just died, and he was one of the higher-ups in editorial. Ultimatum was mourning.
>>
>>88390028
Loeb wanted to vent after his son died.

They decided the Ult Universe was an acceptable casualty.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.