[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was only 17 But that was like a year ago? Who says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 20

File: 1480890542546.png (249KB, 438x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480890542546.png
249KB, 438x480px
>I was only 17

But that was like a year ago? Who says something like that?
>>
>>88389395
_ _____ ____ ____ ____
>>
>>88389395
maybe it was her way of avoiding responsibility and the truth that she was thirsty for middle-aged man dick
>>
>>88389395
18 year olds.
>>
If you're older than 17 and you don't think that the shit you thought and did when you were that age was retarded, you're either underage or you may as well be.
>>
>>88389567
You're missing the point ya dingus. The point is that not enough time passed for that sentence to be natural.
>>
>>88389436
This. Which is actually the perfect reason not to do anything with girls that age, they would blame you for all of it. Not that they wouldn't be right to. Bojack is too old to be messing with her.
>>
>>88389593
It does if you're going from gradeschool to college.
>>
>>88389599
>Bojack is too old to be messing with her.

She's legal.
>>
>>88389395
I'll take that. I'll have sex with that.
>>
>>88389674
In the eyes of the law, sure. But judging by her reaction when she saw him again, she would have regretted it immensely.
>>
>>88389698
Plus it could have easily fucked over Bojack in the long run as well if she took a selfie of them after they banged or something and it was leaked to social media.

Then again some hockey player in the NHL was recently in a similar situation only with attempted blackmail and he told her to go ahead and post it online and nothing really came of it.
>>
>>88389735
Something like that has the potential to ruin her life just as much. At her age, at least. Her schoolmates would probably label her as "the slut who slept with that gross old TV comedian."

Blackmail is a concern, but him ruining her life should be a concern too.
>>
>>88389760
Oh I agree with what you are saying about how it could have fucked her over but with >>88389698
anon's post I just figured that it went without saying and I was just adding my two cents to what anon posted.
>>
>>88389823
Fair enough.
>>
>>88389395

After something like that gets discovered, every adult around you starts hammering in the idea that you've been potentialy abused and taken advantage of, and not without good reason. Her only two options at that point are to consider what Bojack did wrong and herself a victim, or regret not being able to sleep with a middle aged man while underage. Which do you think she'd pick?
>>
>>88389395
She missed a bullet
>>
So I guess Charlotte's not going to show up again.
>>
I dunno. That situation kind of rubs me the wrong way. But I've always been big on personal responsibility.

Bojack shouldn't have let it get as far as it did. He was in the wrong for letting it get as far as it did. It would have been reasonable for him to forcibly remove her from his room and lock the door to keep her from getting in.

But at the same time, when she made the suggestion first and he told her no, that should have been the end of it. True, he told her no probably because he was hoping to get with her Mom, but a no is still a no. She was the one that went back to coerce him into sex after she was rejected. And then afterwards made it seem like he was the one who gave her the idea.

Though it was pretty creepy he was high as a kite and tracked her to her college campus and looked like he crawled out of a sewer. I mean. I'd freak out.
>>
>>88390821
I get the feeling they might find a reason to bring her back into the show, if only briefly. If she knows about what happened she may do something like file a restraining order maybe.
>>
>>88389395
Considering in the U.S. people go from 17 year old high schooler with little to no responsibilities to 18 year old adult with societal expectations, it's not surprising that she exaggerated how much a year can do. Not saying the sentence makes sense out of context, but it definitely fits the mentality of a person her age.
>>
>>88389674
He's old enough that he should know what a bad idea it is to sleep with a girl who hasn't even graduated high school and experienced the adult world yet.

The point is moot though. We all know that Bojack has nonexistent self control.
>>
>>88389698
New Mexico is a "fuck 'em at 16" state.

>>88389436
This though. Teenage girls will attribute anything they regret to their own immaturity, even if it was just a few weeks ago. Many women of any age will blame you for "taking advantage of them" that's why I like to record them when I first hook up with them - but that's illegal for minors everywhere as are a whole bunch of other shit that can trip you up if you're not real familiar with the law so it's generally not worth the hassle for very long.
>>
File: pizza.png (193KB, 294x456px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.png
193KB, 294x456px
Season 2 > Season 1 > Christmas Special > Season 3
>>
>>88390807
Doubt it
>>
>>88389735
The percieved social responsibility of a hockey player is far different from that of a washed up actor.
>>
>>88389593
An 18 year old is immature and naive enough to think so.
>>
>>88389674
t. pedo
>>
>>88389421
____ what? What do you want to ____?
>>
>>88389395
>Who says something like that?
A shit.
>>
>>88390807
The van hit her tho.
>>
>>88394913
Fuck the deer
>>
>>88395453
That's disgusting. Do you have any idea how disgusting you are?
>>
File: 1476980469964.jpg (13KB, 320x386px) Image search: [Google]
1476980469964.jpg
13KB, 320x386px
To be totally fair, she's right.
I don't remember the details about it, but apparently the average person's maturity and the way they act as people fucking ramps up exponentially from age 15 to 19.

Speaking for myself I know there was some shit I did when I was 17 that I looked back on a year or 2 later and thought "What the fuck was I thinking?'
>>
>>88395500
Do you have any idea how much of a norm you are?
>>
File: ScentLure.png (185KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ScentLure.png
185KB, 1280x1024px
>>88395453
Indeed.
>>
If she had been 18 at the time instead of 17, would that have made it okay?
>>
File: 1437566287102.gif (3MB, 376x358px) Image search: [Google]
1437566287102.gif
3MB, 376x358px
>>88389395
I've read in a couple of places that her reaction to Bojack's return was due to trauma.

What fucking trauma? They didn't even get naked, let alone have sex, so what is so traumatic about it?

If Bojack had manipulated her, had been a sleazebag and basically telemarketed his way into her pants, then I could understand, her mind would've been toyed with and that is (to an extent) traumatic. But what the episode showed was so tame, you'd get greater traumatic memories from watching Playbus.
>>
>>88395822
>I was only 18
>I was only 19
>I was only 22
This excuse works for a while.
>>
>>88395829
I get the feeling that her reaction, and possibly even her entire presence in season 3, was due to how some people defended what Bojack did in season 2. Some people were saying that Bojack did nothing wrong, and she consented so it was okay.

So, I feel the writers using her this way the following season was their way of saying "no, what Bojack did was wrong and her consent wasn't valid, even if it was legal".
>>
>>88395929
Clumsy as fuck if that is true.

Which would fit with season 3 in general.
>>
>>88395829

you kidding? The episode was not tame at all, her mother walking in on her about to get down with a family friend of several months and a lifetime friend of her mother's would obviously have been traumatic.
>>
>>88395929
So they broke the rules of logic and disregarded established character traits to preach to an audience through a mouthpiece. I was hoping the writers for BoJack Horseman were better than that. Still love the show, regardless, but I am a little disappointed.

If Penny'd been visibly uncomfortable, as in felt embarrassed and just wanted to forget about the whole incident, then I'd understand. That would've been in character and a logical progression. But Penny acted like she had PTSD from a sexual assault. That does not follow.
>>
>>88395992
She just sounded like a whiny kid. "But mooooooooom, we didn't even DO anything yet!"

Which I took as deliberate underlining that Bojack was about to fuck a child.
>>
>>88395992
No, it would've been embarassing, awkward and something you'd really want to forget, but it wouldn't have been traumatic.

You get trauma from having power taken away from you in a violent manner, or from a slow, poisonous influence, but not from doing something stupid.
>>
>>88396016
>So they broke the rules of logic and disregarded established character traits to preach to an audience through a mouthpiece. I was hoping the writers for BoJack Horseman were better than that. Still love the show, regardless, but I am a little disappointed.
Didn't you see the abortion episode?
>>
>>88396062
I forgave that one because it had pic related.
>>
>>88396062
I dunno, that was funny and Diane was wrong.
>>
>>88391131
>And then afterwards made it seem like he was the one who gave her the idea.

Leaving the door open was a deliberate signal.
>>
>>88396197
"Go to bed Penny"

*Penny starts to leave

"Hey wait, I meant my bed"
>>
>>88389395
A year is actually a pretty decent chunk of time
>>
>>88396356
It's more like "If you REALLY want it come get it".

The fact that he was in the midst of foreplay when her mother walked in proves it. If he really wanted rid of her he wouldn't have started.
>>
>>88396016
>But Penny acted like she had PTSD from a sexual assault
What makes you think that all the counseling from a shrink and/or fights she got with her mother after the fact didn't affect her and the way she processed the events of that night?
Not to mention all that happened an hour after her friend almost died of alcohol poisoning.

Also, she's in college. Chances are her mind was poisoned by people telling her he totally tried to rape her.
>>
>>88389395
An 18 year old?
>>
>>88397231
You... make a pretty damn good point right there. If the writers bring Penny back and the first paragraph is what happened, I'll love the direction. But unless it's directly shown, or indirectly implied, that that is the case, I'll stick with my original statement.

This is fiction, and we only have rooms for maybes if the writers put them in in some form or another. So far, we ain't had that to imply Penny was manipulated by her shrink and/or mother.
>>
>>88396016
>So they broke the rules of logic and disregarded established character traits to preach to an audience through a mouthpiece.
No. ad this anon >>88395929
is wrong. She reacted like that because that's how someone who want to remain blameless would react.
>>
>>88395929
>So, I feel the writers using her this way the following season was their way of saying "no, what Bojack did was wrong and her consent wasn't valid, even if it was legal".
The point was to make Bojack feel as worst as possible. not be a mouth-piece.
>>
>>88397359
They still needed to force a situation that had no reason to exist into the story. Instead of someone else, like Kelsey who'd lost custody of her daughter, they chose the cheapest and most contrived path possible.
>>
File: 1417873124750.jpg (16KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1417873124750.jpg
16KB, 353x334px
>>88397336
>She reacted like that because that's how someone who want to remain blameless would react.
>>
>>88397388
>They still needed to force a situation that had no reason to exist into the story.
They didn't. Nothing was forced, and a reaction like this, while not fully expected, is still a possible outcome. Her reaction make sense within the story, for someone who want to reject all manner of responsibility of an uncomfortable event.
>>
>>88397455
Are you disagreeing? You have never met someone who want to flee all responsibility?
>>
>>88397471
As said here: >>88397323
The problem is that her trying to reject responsibility isn't established or even implied. All we have is her getting a panic attack over something that can at worst be put into the "stupid shit teens do that's funny, but embarrasing" category.

>>88397492
I'm disagreeing that it's a correct descriptor of Penny.
>>
>>88397471
Which fits with Bojack's error at the end of season 3; he wants to apologize to people he's wronged so they can forgive him and make him feel better about himself but Charlotte is a dumb kid and couldn't possibly play along with this. Bojack fails because he's placing all his hopes on other people validating him...again.
>>
>>88397528
>The problem is that her trying to reject responsibility isn't established or even implied.
And? Not everything need to be spelled out. First , the penny arc is far from over and not every situation need to be laid on on the spot. It was a clear indication that there was more to her side of the story but that it is not to be seen yet.

Just because something isn't explained right away, it doesn't mean it's bad writing. There is nothing wrong with that.

>I'm disagreeing that it's a correct descriptor of Penny.
What?
>>
>>88389760
>celeberity does it and just gets joked about for a few years, maybe a few internet parodies

>she is unwanted by all guys in school and everyone looks at her with disgust or dissappointment
It really would serve anyone right in that situation if they think they have the upperhand
>>
>>88397629
>the penny arc is far from over
What makes you think that? It didn't come up in season 3 except for that one time and it's there so Bojack could fail again.
>>
>>88397629
The Penny arc started and pretty much ended with Escape from L. A. She was dug up by the writers as a way to make BoJack feel even shittier and then thrown away. There's no set up for future episodes with her because of the briefness of her importance to the S3 episode, and because by the finale the newest hook is BoJack's daughter(?).

Penny is done.
>>
>>88397630
Well, not everyone is that judgemental. Maybe the kids she knows aren't like that.
>>
>>88397666
>What makes you think that?
Precisely because it left questions unanswered about her reaction.

>It didn't come up in season 3 except for that one time and it's there so Bojack could fail again.
It doesn't need to be reminded
>She was dug up by the writers as a way to make BoJack feel even shittier and then thrown away.
You say that a proved as if it was a fact.
>>
>>88390821

She will at Bojack's funeral.
>>
File: hotline_miami_3_ending_cutscene.jpg (79KB, 848x395px) Image search: [Google]
hotline_miami_3_ending_cutscene.jpg
79KB, 848x395px
>>88392375
>>88396062
Truth. I hope S4 is able to recover.
>>
>>88394913
>>88395453

>ywn be Penny's brother who gets rockhard erections all the time around her
>she'll never feel disgusted at being turned on by looking at your bulge which gets bigger every year
>she'll never ask mom and dad for you to cut it out
>they'll never chastise her for shaming your perfectly normal bodily function
>>
>>88397781
>filename
Thanks for the chuckle, Anon.

Given how much the ending of season 3 was "see you next year, suckers!" season 4 had BETTER be good.
>>
>>88397728
Anon, there is one universal constant in highschool. And that is kids that age are ALL judgmental.
>>
>>88397743
> it left questions unanswered about her reaction.
> it left questions unanswered
> it left questions

Mate, for god's sake, can you into narrative focus, build-up, foreshadowing, establishment and philosophy of totality?

For a show with tighter continuity than a midget's anus, and foreshadowing more prescient than Nostradamus on Cerebro, this was not a goddamn open question situation left to be explored at a later date.

The entire scene was a set up, climax and denouement that left the implication that she was traumatized by BoJack--the end. Had there been something to explore, the writers would've lingered on Penny for a few seconds after BJ left and had a character talk to her so she could voice her opinions on the matter--or in other words *set up a situation and questions to be further explored*.
>>
>this thread again

I'm sure that, had Bojack not tracked her down, Penny would have been absolutely fine. She would have regretted almost sleeping with Bojack, but it hadn't traumatised her or anything - she'd have acknowledged that she was just a dumb horny teenager and moved on. But then Bojack turns up out of nowhere at her college, creeping around, obviously drugged up to his eyeballs and stinking of weeks' worth of stale sweat. The obvious conclusion for her is that he has been stalking her. They hadn't seen each other for a year, so while she has moved on, as far as she knows he has been stalking her all that time, obsessed with her after they almost slept together. For a teenage girl, having a creepy 50 year old junkie obsessive stalker would probably be a pretty scary thing to think about.

So yeah, it would make sense for her to be a little apprehensive when they met.
>>
>>88389395
stop acting like bojack is a good written show.
the way writers executed bojack stalking her is ridiculous but it's somehow okay since it's a "adult sitcom"

appreciate it for what it's worth but don't try to overthink it, you might not like it but "just turn off your brain bro" is the only think you can do.
>>
File: 0.gif (1000KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
1000KB, 256x192px
>>88397864
>For a show with tighter continuity than a midget's anus, and foreshadowing more prescient than Nostradamus on Cerebro, this was not a goddamn open question situation left to be explored at a later date.
I don't see why not.

>Had there been something to explore, the writers would've lingered on Penny for a few seconds after BJ left and had a character talk to her so she could voice her opinions on the matter--or in other words *set up a situation and questions to be further explored*.
Also, they should have included a dog looking side to side, so you know he is up to something.
>>
>>88398152
>Also, they should have included a dog looking side to side, so you know he is up to something.

In this case it should be Mr. Peanutbutter.
>>
>>88398152
>no arguments
>just an old Simpsons gag as the final rebuttal

I'll be taking that as a white flag from you.
>>
File: Legal Kylie.png (318KB, 525x574px) Image search: [Google]
Legal Kylie.png
318KB, 525x574px
>>88389674
>She's legal.
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>88398216
You shouldn't.

My argument is that you are wrong in thinking writers need to lay it thick for the viewer. Not everything need need to be an obvious Checkov gun as a condition for being a set up for a future plot.

The fact that there is more to this sotry is allw e need to know thre is a good possibility for it to be further explored.

I will go further in saying that had the writers actually spend time focusing on Penny to make it sure it is clear penny's side of the story will be explored, then it would have been shitty unnecessary writing.

Sometimes, less is more and what we see is all that is needed to set up future thread to explain. And this was my point.

what you are proposing the writers should have done would have been bad writing and what was done instead is far better.
>>
>>88395822
Not with Bojack's history with her mom. Besides, he was basically a fun, but kind of pathetic uncle living in their driveway for a few months.
>>
>>88398300
>you are wrong in thinking writers need to lay it thick for the viewer.
Mind you, those spaghetti strainers were done so tactfully and subtly, I completely forgot they even existed until the episode in which they were used.

>what you are proposing the writers should have done would have been bad writing and what was done instead is far better.
My son there is a difference in doing something subtly and not doing it at all, then retroactively deciding "yeah, let's go and make a story about that."

I've tried my hand at writing stories, and when you brainstorm as much as the BoJack writers, you don't throw something like exploring Penny's "trauma" in at the last second without an idea of where to take it and leaving in something more than a self-contained scene.
>>
File: 1462656059244.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1462656059244.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>88398316
>mfw BoJack is Uncle Dave
>>
>>88398389
>Mind you, those spaghetti strainers were done so tactfully and subtly, I completely forgot they even existed until the episode in which they were used.
The whole strainers thing was an obvious joke, they were parodying obvious foreshadowing. Do you not have jokes where you're from?
>>
>>88398485
I see you're still avoiding addressing my actual arguments, and instead only crack jokes. Fly that white flag high, brother. There's no shame in admitting you've lost.
>>
>>88398389
>Mind you, those spaghetti strainers were done so tactfully and subtly, I completely forgot they even existed until the episode in which they were used.
And this is exactly what they did.

>My son there is a difference in doing something subtly and not doing it at all, then retroactively deciding "yeah, let's go and make a story about that."
In Penny case, it's quite likely that it is the first.

>you don't throw something like exploring Penny's "trauma" in at the last second without an idea of where to take it and leaving in something more than a self-contained scene.
Again, you are the one assuming it is all a last minute addition. The simple fact that Penny had such an over-reaction is all you need to know to understand there is more to this story. and all that need to be laid on to be later re-explored.

You know what? I am not sure this discussion will lead to anything. even if the next season DOES actually explore that thread, you will say that it was a an afterthought and say that they didn't foreshadowed enough in season 3 as a proof of it.

It seems like you are unable to consider a long winding story can have just little touch to make their thread connects.
>>
>>88398539
That one wasn't me. Here is my answer
>>88398578
And i never avoided your arguments at any point, I simply used a Simpsons Joke to illustrate what you suggested was bad and why what the show writers did instead is better.
>>
>>88392375
Ew no.
S2>S3=S1>>>Christmas Special
>>
>>88398578
And you're seeing patterns where there are none. Animation is an expensive medium (yes, even with the stilted style of the show) and they have to make each shot count for something. This is the philosophy of totality, where every element has to inform the viewer/reader about something; be it atmosphere, character, or plot.

The Penny element in the S3 episode did no more than make BoJack feel shitty for trying to patch things up. There would then be no reason for him or Penny to try and patch things up again without some external element forcing them together, and even then it will probably end up like Herb and BoJack's final meeting. The entire scene, as I said before, was self-contained. It had a beginning, middle, and end that left very little to be explore, not the slightest hint of a hook.

Returning to it later on would just be padding because BoJack's last friendship from the days before stardom (as personified by Charlotte and by extension Penny) is obliterated. There is nothing more to add to it.
>>
>>88395829
She probably got in serious trouble with her family and it ruined her high school graduation. Going to college was probably a clean break, and seeing Bojack rushed it all back. Trauma is the wrong word but it conveys the idea.
>>
>>88396062
Nigger that episode was fucking hilarious
>>
>>88396062
Righties get just as easily triggered as lefties, it's very interesting.
>>
>>88398825
It had decent dark humor but it still got really preachy about how great abortion is.
>>
>>88398708
>And you're seeing patterns where there are none
I am not seeing a pattern, I am seeing a thread left hanging that require re-exploration.

Fuck, you admitted it your self that more need to be known about Penny's side of the story. The fact tat you want that is proof that this thread exist and that I am not the only one seeing it.

You mistake is to think that for it to be confirmed as a plot to be further explored, it need to be laid out thickly that it will be re-explored. I consider such artifice redundant and aking to the suspicious dog.

If the writer have given the will to their audience to know more, then they have actually done their job as for laying done a plot. It's, in the end, all that is required.

>Animation is an expensive medium (yes, even with the stilted style of the show) and they have to make each shot count for something. This is the philosophy of totality, where every element has to inform the viewer/reader about something; be it atmosphere, character, or plot.
And this further my point that they did all that was needed to establish that more from it is to come.

>The Penny element in the S3 episode did no more than make BoJack feel shitty for trying to patch things up.
Your mistake it to assume it can't do more than that in coming episode. You assume it's the end of the story and that's it where there is nothing to back that up.

>There would then be no reason for him or Penny to try and patch things up again without some external element forcing them together, and even then it will probably end up like Herb and BoJack's final meeting.
No need to put them together in the same room to see more of Penny's side. I can easily see, without it being forced in any way, Penny's mother coming to see Bojack to tell him to stay away from her daughter. As a matter of fact, I simply don't see how it would be possible for Penny's outburst to not have further consequences. It would not be difficult to see Penny's side from this setting.
>>
>>88398708
>The entire scene, as I said before, was self-contained. It had a beginning, middle, and end that left very little to be explore, not the slightest hint of a hook.
Penny's over-reaction IS the hook.

>Returning to it later on would just be padding because BoJack's last friendship from the days before stardom (as personified by Charlotte and by extension Penny) is obliterated. There is nothing more to add to it.
Penny's mom confronting Bojack about him "stalking" his daughter would in no way be padding, but almost an obligation. I don't see how this is not an unavoidable consequence of this scene.
>>
>>88398923
> I can easily see, without it being forced in any way, Penny's mother coming to see Bojack to tell him to stay away from her daughter. As a matter of fact, I simply don't see how it would be possible for Penny's outburst to not have further consequences.

Fair point there, man. I concede.

>>88398963
Same to you.
>>
>>88399082
Thank you.
>>
>>88398906
Whut the dolphin girl ended up keeping the baby, it had the message that abortion was really difficult for most women and a tough decision.
>>
File: 1477181775541.png (134KB, 347x301px) Image search: [Google]
1477181775541.png
134KB, 347x301px
>>88395737
damn
>>
>>88399117
>Diane decides on it immediately
>no remorse or direct consequences at all (the plot of the episode was a consequence of Tweeting incorrect information)
>Diane is the plain girl
>Sextina is the celebrity slut concerned with appearances and only decides to keep it on a whim
>>
>>88399218
Diane is a psychopathic bitch, the show has already shown that
>>
File: boner too far.jpg (79KB, 324x557px) Image search: [Google]
boner too far.jpg
79KB, 324x557px
>>88395737
>>
>>88399218
>>Diane decides on it immediately
So does Mr. Peanut Butter
>>no remorse or direct consequences at all (the plot of the episode was a consequence of Tweeting incorrect information)
Doesn't she ahve to go through all kind of procedure to get the operation done?
>>
>>88399293
If she does, it's not shown and she's pretty happy after the fact.

If you meant how she had to sit in the office watching videos, that goes back around to being preachy about the legal system's treatment of abortion, rather than showing the actual abortion itself to have negative consequences.
>>
>>88389395
>i was only 17
But that is the age of consent. As for your question, she is just not wanting the blame.
>>88389436
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>88399354
You are aware that the point of the episode was more about the media fest done around abortion, right?
>>
>>88394888
Thats not what you think it means
>>
>>88399402
That's your interpretation. What I saw was attempted jokes about "men don't deserve to have opinions about muh uterus," and "everyone is doing it."

And then they mixed in a few pieces of dark humor with that.
>>
>>88399563
>"men don't deserve to have opinions about muh uterus,"
It's true though. Imagine if women wanted to forced all men to be circumcised, because it make them feel safer about MST.
>>
>>88396016
>So they broke the rules of logic and disregarded established character traits to preach to an audience through a mouthpiece.
Of course, that's how pozzed media works. It's not about telling a story anymore, it's about preaching an ideal, a shitlib catlady ideal of despair and self-destruction.
Look, let's go, you and I, through what's airing tonight on the big networks.
ABC:
>The Middle
Females are just mistreated because they're females in the work environment, and men in traditionally masculine roles are manipulating their way to the top and are actually stupid. It's good to let yourself get fired for petty reasons while you have three kids because misogyny.
Created by (((Eileen Heisler)))
>American Housewife
Conneticut is so white and privileged and everyone living there is evil and too white, we need fat brown women to upshow them everyday.
Created by (((Sarah Dunn)))
>Fresh off the Boat
AREN'T IMMIGRANTS JUST THE BEST?!?!
Produced by (((Rich Blomquist)))
>The Real O'Neals
Divorce and degenerate fag kids is totally okay, goy, who cares what it's done to a perfectly stable household?
Created by (((Joshua Sternin)))

And that's just one fucking network tonight. Modern media is systematically designed to push messages of anti-cultured sentiment on the populace as acceptable, so you accept the most degenerate shit. Why else would they have an abortion episode? Or turn Bojack's trist into RAPE? Or make Todd asexual? It's not about telling stories, it's about selling messages that are designed to frame your world in fucking horrible terms. That of course the world is full of poz, and narcissists, and everyone whiter is more evil, and you are beautiful for being terrible, or else why would your favorite shows paint things this way? It can't just be a (((coincedence)))
>>
File: 1460596815146.png (725KB, 978x683px) Image search: [Google]
1460596815146.png
725KB, 978x683px
>>88399671
Save it for the cross-burning, Adolf.
>>
>>88399637
Women are fine with men being forced to sign up for the draft, taxed to pay for their abortions, forced to hire more women, forced to pay more for insurance...

And if you go beyond what a clear majority of women support, there are feminists who would be ecstatic about forcing men into circumcisions or neutering.
>>
>>88396046

That's an oddly specific definition of trauma that reduces life experiences into single, nebulous terms.

>>88396039

This guy gets it. In the moment Penny would have mostly been angry at her mom, but as the next year went by especially during a time like going to college and becoming independent for the first time, the shame of it and the fucked upness probably slowly took hold.
>>
>>88399825
If you feel up to the task of listing every single traumatic experience possible in alphabetical order to satisfy your need to split hairs, be my guest.
>>
>>88399716
Well of course you'd object, Superman. You were made by (((Jerry Siegel))). A story of an immigrant displacing an American family's potential child who fights American businessmen. Write for ten years and then create a monetary-bleeding estate designed to wring out as much money as possible for writing basically nothing anyone references anymore save a shot of him wrecking a car.
>>
>>88399772
Well sure but its not like there aren't men who have extreme opinions regarding women.
>>
>>88399671
so are you guys calling yourself Race Justice Warriors now or something
>>
>>88389593
>The point is that not enough time passed for that sentence to be natural.
I come to the same realization every two weeks, I think a year is enough time
>>
>>88399868

How about instead we just look at the one incident in question and determine whether it was traumatic using methods a little less arbitrary?
>>
>>88399900
Yeah but the point is it's bullshit to say you have to be in a group to have opinions about the group.
>>
>>88399929
Let's break it down into the simplest of terms:

>Bojack
Narcissist, insecure, wants validation. Not known for skillful, sadistic manipulation. At worst he's the friend with a bad influence. All sexual encounters had been, even if inebriated, consensual.

>Penny
essentially on BoJack's level of maturity (late teens, early 20s), was able to say no, decided not to, was caught in a position that did not imply lack of power in situation.

These do not fit the character traits, or situation where one would be traumatized.
>>
File: 1451432183122.jpg (108KB, 420x399px) Image search: [Google]
1451432183122.jpg
108KB, 420x399px
Does anybody else have a Charlotte?

You know what I mean.
>>
>>88399904
I prefer the term 'on the Reich Side of History'.
>>
File: tumblr_mkxg5eBtlB1qfnsjao1_500.png (219KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkxg5eBtlB1qfnsjao1_500.png
219KB, 500x281px
>>88400081
I don't even have a Pam, let alone a Charlotte.

>tfw no Princess Carolyn to pet on cold winter nights
>>
>>88400081
>Does anybody else have an attractive woman they missed their opportunity to pursue and now have no chance to be with in the future, partially out of pissing her off?
I'd guess somewhere around 2 billion people do. Unless you wanted it to be way more specific to Bojack's situation.
>>
>>88400182
>attractive woman
I understood his question as more about missing out on a perfect life with a good woman who happens to be beauty incarnate rather than just beautiful.
>>
File: tbh.gif (623KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.gif
623KB, 500x375px
>>88400234
You could be right since it's hard to say how an animated anthropomorphic deer woman would look as an actual person, but as for the perfect life I think Bojack's fantasy about her ignored a lot of actual problems they would've had.
>>
>>88400389
That's the worst part about his drug-induced trip. It gave him a false hope for a future that never had a chance for existing.
>>
>>88399772
>Women are fine with men being forced to sign up for the draft
Okay, time traveler. Let me tell you
1. Draft are over
2. They were certainly not fine with it when it means their Husband/sons/brother/friends had to go. Not to mention, they weren't the one asking for the draft.

>taxed to pay for their abortions, forced to pay more for insurance...
Women are also taxed to pay for the medical expense of men. I mean, Technically speaking, women are paying taxes and insorence to cover the medical costs of rapists. Statistically speaking, it's unavoidable.
>forced to hire more women
Business women are under the same obligation.

And Wait, shouldn't you be okay with more women working and thus paying more taxes?
>>
>>88389395
Baiting those that chance school girls
>>
>>88394260
Best answer and it echoes all of us regardless of age.
We always think we are our wisest at the current age and never understand that we are likely just as stupid now but it'll take years to decades for us to catch up and see it.
>>
>>88400814
Well gee, does supply and demand apply to labor?
>>
>>88400021
>These do not fit the character traits, or situation where one would be traumatized.
For Penny she was more likely traumatized by her mother's reaction and the drama that followed.
>>
>>88400925
Of course it does. that's how most employer fuck over their employees.

Mind you, by definition, for most of the high ranking jobs, there is more demand than supply.
>>
>>88400933
I'd buy that if Charlotte didn't get characterized as level-headed and the most well-adjusted out of all the cast.
>>
>>88398702
>season 3
>not worst
I disagree with your taste, Anon.
>>
>>88400946
Most of the jobs the women in question qualify for are not considered high ranking especially since they invented a phrase to complain about it so they're driving wages further down by increasing the supply.
>>
It's the situation rather than any ages involved. If some 50 year old fucks someone underage or close it's only really an issue if the people involved make it one. It's an issue of standards and values and feelings. They don't have to make sense really.
>>
>>88392375
Nah. The show has maintained the same level of quality for most of it's run, the only part I'm not in love with is the first few episodes of S1 (except the episode with the Navy seal which is god tier). Everything else is great.
>>
>>88401203
How did it feel to steal a meal from Neal McBeal the Navy Seal?
>>
>>88401227
But in a sexual way.
>>
>TFW there's no Rule34 of Charlotte.

No hot deer mom. Just Mr. PB and Bojack fucking. Why live?
>>
File: profbook.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
profbook.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>88401397
Charlotte is boring

Princess Carolyn is best girl
>>
>>88401397
Go to e621.
>>
>>88401432
Enjoy the crusty ovaries.
>>
>>88401497
Is eating ovaries normal for you, anon?
>>
File: 1436722428714.jpg (31KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1436722428714.jpg
31KB, 283x283px
>>88401432
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>88401549
>he doesn't use every part of the cat
>>
>>88389674
>Bojack got her drunk
Pretty sure it's still ilegal as fuck to get an underage girl drunk and fuck her even if she is of legal age for sex
>>
>>88401758
Did he give all of them alcohol or was it just her dumbass friend who drank it?
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.