[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 Days of Christmas >They play one or two Christmas specials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1448816971424.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448816971424.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
>25 Days of Christmas
>They play one or two Christmas specials a day
>Same handfull over and over again
>Nightmare Before Christmas, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Elf, Arthur Christmas, The Santa Clause, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
>Throw in weekend Harry Potter marathons for good measure

WHERE THE FUCKS MY RANKIN BASS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
They play them between 11pm and 1am. when they're not airing a shitty made-for-TV Christmas movie or the 700 Club.

And when they do show them, they're heavily edited down so they can cram in more commercials.

Do yourself a favor and jst spring for the DVDs, anon.
>>
>>88385627
Arthur Christmas is awesome and underrated, sort of like the Iron Giant of Christmas movies expect decently successful at the box office.

The Santa Clause is a horror movie in disguise.
>>
>>88385627
Not OP but I have the DVDs too. I miss the days where they were aired on TV in their entirety, and were big-name specials. I can get NBC, Elf, Santa Clause, and National Lampoon, but who the fuck invited Willy Wonka (they don't even air the original, it's that newer one ffs) and Harry Potter? I don't think I've even seen A Christmas Story on yet.
>>
>>88385828
Christmas Story is TNT. And with the "Christmas Story all day thing", they probably feel like they don't need to run it outside then.
>>
Typical Disney. Slowly phase out anything they don't own.

Bastards.
>>
>>88385828
Oddly enough, I see them air the original more than the remake. I agree, though, that the classics are getting screwed. I know CBS just aired Rudolph and Frosty for their second time this past weekend, and ABC still does Charlie Brown and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. (Completely spaced on that whole 'sit on my lap' number when I first saw it; that caught me off guard.)

What pisses me off is Freeform's treatment of Mickey's Christmas Carol. Rarely aired at, like, seven in the morning, and it's butchered as fuck. I'm glad I have my own copy to fall back on.
>>
>>88386214
Try being a fan of The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

I don't think they've aired it in years
>>
File: get a load of this boring Idea.jpg (99KB, 952x531px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this boring Idea.jpg
99KB, 952x531px
>>88385627
you talkin shit on willy wonka
unless its the modern one then fuck it
>>
>>88386331
They aired it once last year. I remember because I was really bummed about missing the one and only time they aired it that year. But I got that on DVD so I'm all good now.
>>
File: 20161126_232551.png (2MB, 1822x1437px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_232551.png
2MB, 1822x1437px
Reminder that snow miser is a much better singer and is far superior to the heat miser
>>
hey, speaking of christmas specials there's this one i think that might've aired on cartoon network, if i remember correctly. it was about a spoiled kid who screamed and screamed and screamed for everything he wanted until he got it and I think he eventually learned his lesson but I can't even remember.

anyone got any clue what it was
>>
>>88387710

>tfw can't find The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus anywhere online

Life is suffering.
>>
Why can't they just make a Rankin/Bass boxset.

Why do they always just package one notable film per DVD and then stick Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey on for a bonus
>>
File: blow it.jpg (138KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
blow it.jpg
138KB, 400x375px
>>88385627
>>
>>88390063
Because half of the specials are owned by separate companies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.