[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't pro-human / anti-mutant ideology established

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: you son of a bitch!.jpg (33KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
you son of a bitch!.jpg
33KB, 600x325px
Why hasn't pro-human / anti-mutant ideology established common ground towards solving human-on-human racism?

How do mutants even coexist with other human minorities in the Marvel Universe anyways (outside of those who are an overlap of both)?
>>
Bigots aren't smart enough to work on the concept of common ground, they come from an irrational thought process to begin with.
>>
Just because they're Pro-Human doesn't mean they're necessarily concerned with shit like racism or sexism. Besides it'd really muddle the point if they had the villain who's an allegory for prejudice spout views of human equality between races.
>>88382129
Not necessarily true.
>>
File: 1475239029974.png (463KB, 621x688px) Image search: [Google]
1475239029974.png
463KB, 621x688px
>>88382080
Because racism will never fucking go away. Racism is natural. Racism is a response, it is an extension of in-group bias. The same bias that has us prefer our family over strangers. While it's possible for individuals to find common ground, all races prefer being among their own kind and working for their own interest.

Hard as it is for many people to swallow, race isn't a simple case of skin color. The differences are steep down to the genetic level and those intrinsic differences will ALWAYS separate mankind.

You think mutants wouldn't be racist? Fucking please.
>>
Do black mutants have it worse than white mutants?
>>
File: Conan Black Dynamite.png (787KB, 1213x803px) Image search: [Google]
Conan Black Dynamite.png
787KB, 1213x803px
>>88382080
at least apost a /co/ variant, sempai
>>
>>88382129
>>88382405
My line of thought here is basically that the presence of mutants could lower some of the cultural emphasis on race/religion/etc, just by the sheer scales of their existence alone. By contrast; most humans are more alike than different compared to literal affronts to nature that can potentially have city-busting capabilities, and who are often simply incompatible with any form of society due to the impossibly dangerous and unfair natural advantage of blindbag-selected super powers. Literally your ONLY OPTION for coexisting with them is hoping to christ they humor you and play by your rules, and don't genocide your neighborhood by accident.

If you weigh the risk of having a mutant neighbor to some ethnically ambiguous minority, you'd probably be quicker to sympathize with the type of people who are just as vulnerable as you are.
>>
>>88383234
>My line of thought here is basically that the presence of mutants could lower some of the cultural emphasis on race/religion/etc, just by the sheer scales of their existence alone.

This has always been an absurd notion based only in fantasy. A greater threat does not erase racial tension and never has.
>>
>>88382300
It's called intersectional pro-humanism, you bigot

It's just like how you can't be a feminist if you don't fight racism
>>
>>88382080
Prehistoric bacteria hates mutants
>>
>>88382080
Because it always goes back to the "Well, at least I'm better than X" mentality.

That's why pedos get their asses kicked in jail by murderers and shit.
>>
>>88382405
But it worked for the Irish.
>>
>>88384573
>But it worked for the Irish
>implying

Nobody actually considers those losers white or """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""equal"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""", we just like to humor them.
>>
>>88383115
>not Korra and Toph
>>
File: feminism ends racial hatred.jpg (448KB, 1754x1187px) Image search: [Google]
feminism ends racial hatred.jpg
448KB, 1754x1187px
>>88383325
it works with feminism
>>
>>88382080
Does human on human prejudice show up in the series? I assumed in this universe they got over their differences/it never existed, since having someone with a different skin color isn't nearly as bad as someone with inhuman abilities.
>>
>>88387820
Human-on-human racism definitely exists in the MU (just look at Cap's rogue gallery), but nothing immediately comes to mind specifically in the context of the X-men universe.
>>
File: anarchist.jpg (54KB, 457x398px) Image search: [Google]
anarchist.jpg
54KB, 457x398px
>>88383024
>>
>>88382129
Feminism and Islam seem to have adopted the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality just fine.
>>
>>88384573
Irish bugs are only tolerated because the guineas stepped up to the plate and took their mantle as most hated

I have yet to see a convincing argument that wops are actually white
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.