[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Generic DnD-tier villain >WOAH HE'S SO AWESSSOMEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Lich_Image.png (443KB, 813x563px) Image search: [Google]
Lich_Image.png
443KB, 813x563px
>Generic DnD-tier villain
>WOAH HE'S SO AWESSSOMEEE HE'S THE BEST THING ABOUT ADVENTURE TIME WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE MORE OF HIM

If being generic weren't enough, he plays villain to Finn and Jake who are the two biggest joke heroes an adventurous series could have. It's like if Voldemort's nemesis was fucking Spongebob.
>>
>>88380971
He has a cool voice, though.
>>
>>88381001
This.

And what do you mean OP, Finn and Jake are silly but when world ending shit happens they wise up. At least they used too, they were annoyingly casual in the season 6 finale.
>>
>>88381052
They're still two silly characters who lunge at super serious villains going HI-YAAAAA KICK-PUNCH! while Jake stretches his butt to wrap around Lich and trap him or some shit. If anything, the times the writers force Finn to suddenly look at the ground and reflect at life comes off as incredibly hamfisted because of how unapologetically silly they are/were for the first 30 episodes or so we saw them in.

People will say that's character development but I say that's a giant group of storyboard artists all writing stories not talking to each other while wanting silly characters who can do fart jokes and also deep characters who reflect on growing up in life and discuss teenage-levels of philosophy.
>>
>>88381137
They're silly but when it came to the Lich they've always treated him seriously. First episode he was in they were more serious, same as when he was tricking them as Billy, and when they went to see Finn and Jake's dad.

Even then though, it wasn't like they suddenly got personality transplants, they were still Finn and Jake. There was that part where Jake tried barking at the Lich in the first episode and then got fucked up, or when Jake was being really cavalier in Prismo's time room and stuff.

To me it just seems like a matter of Finn and Jake being smart enough to look at the situation and realize "Fuck this is pretty intense, let's not act like gleeful idiots right now huh" and following suite with that.
>>
>>88381001
ron pearlman is a god among men
>>
>>88381001
Ron Perlman is a god, and anyone who disagrees has shit-tier taste.
>>
>>88380971
I'm sorry you don't like him?
>>
>>88380971
>Generic

Tell us one /co/ Villain you like Anon.
And don't say pic related or any other tragic Villains ala Mr Freeze
>>
File: 1474932570544.gif (472KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474932570544.gif
472KB, 500x250px
>>88381340
Nvm forgot pic
>>
File: tumblr_m2g3zpEP2S1r83ei3o1_1280.png (362KB, 1280x341px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2g3zpEP2S1r83ei3o1_1280.png
362KB, 1280x341px
>>
>>88381340
Aku.
>>
>>88381458
Finn and Jake eould own the shit out of Aku. Jack is a sap.
>>
File: Dennis and Mac edi.jpg (73KB, 854x364px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis and Mac edi.jpg
73KB, 854x364px
Idk OP, wearing the skin of his old rival was pretty fucking dark
>>
File: saiyajin.jpg (142KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
saiyajin.jpg
142KB, 780x439px
>>88381340
>>
It's all in the presentation
>>
>>88381234
but hes a cuck, wasted his DNA in a shitskin
>>
>>88381137
I think Lich became a joke later on, but his first appearance was solid. It totally made sense to me how two idiots like Finn and Jake could beat him since the show made it clear that Lich was severely weakened and trying to regain his power, if he was ever at a stronger level than he was Finn and Jake would be fucked.
>>
>>88380971
presentation and execution can do wonders when done well
>>
>>88380971
>Ron Perlman's voice
>Top-tier villain quotes
>Memorable design, fairly creepy when compared to the other characters of the show
>Not overexposed
>Killed a couple of semi-important characters

He's a pretty good villain tbqh
>>88381598
This.
>>
It always seems like he's defeated rather quickly and easily whenever he shows up
>>
I want the Lich to be the finale bad guy of the series.
>>
>>88380971
I agree with this. Finn and jake has become too wacky that they feel like fake and simple characters.
I honestly feel no change whatsoever except their body and the enviroment that surrounds them.
>>
There is nothing wrong with having a generic, yet effective villain when the rest of your antagonists are usually one shot jokes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.