[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.co m/104339977.html Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: Picture.png (267KB, 339x306px) Image search: [Google]
Picture.png
267KB, 339x306px
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/104339977.html

Thoughts?
>>
and people complain when there are too many white princesses
>>
No one should wear that Maui tattoo "skin"-suit unless they're jacked as fuck anyway
>>
What is there to say? Whatever they do there will always be a bunch of unnecessarily angry people trying to get people to validate their butthurt.
Just ignore the vocal minority.
>>
>>88373984
>“I think it’s clear from the trailers I’ve seen that he’s a buffoon in Disney. It’s a dramatic shift. He was a trickster but not a buffoon.”"

I never got a "buffoon" vibe from him during the whole movie. What the fuck are they talking about?
>>
You can't win with SJWs. Even if you do exactly what they want you to do, it'll still be evil and wrong because you're a white cis male.

Best to just ignore them and not post random livejournal garbage on /co/.
>>
>>88374071
>>88374109

Keep in mind that she is against rabid sjws.
>>
>>88373984
the third one, what is supposed to be? an Ainu?
>>
cleopatra was already greek fampai
>>
>>88373984
What the fuck? Do they consider the versions of the characters covered in blood pictured at the bottom of the post to be a preferable depiction of indigenous characters?
>>
>>88374165
That's hardly surprising. The worst enemy of SJWs are other SJWs with a slightly different agenda.
>>
>>88374172

Yes
>>
>>88373984
>livejournal
That is still a thing?
>>
>>88374178

True.
>>
Honestly, Disney should just make some more European films. We don't need every new movie they make to be an ethnicity check-list. Spoiler: little kids don't give a fuck.
>>
>>88373984
why is meg Cleopatra now?
>>
>>88373984
I want to pound Cleo-Meg's greek pussy
>>
>>88374501
>, Disney should just make some more European films.
Tangled and Frozen were both European.
>>
File: IMG_8090.jpg (365KB, 736x939px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8090.jpg
365KB, 736x939px
>>88373984
Jasmine was the most accurate of the bunch if her belly-cut top wasn't so revealing and ajorned a thin silk veil over her head.

Similar to pic-related.
>>
>>88373984

Holy SHIT, livejournal still exists?
>>
>>88374671
Yeah? That doesn't contradict with what I said.
>>
Disney has been butchering European fairy tales since the beginning, I don't know why anyone would assume that any adaptation they make of anything would be accurate.
>>
Im so fucking sick of "Disney Princses but as ______"
>>
For every one of those you have three people taking pics of their kids with Moana dolls saying representation matters. Who gives a shit.
>>
>Thoughts?
First, They had to sail fucking deep into literaly whoville to find polynesians who were offended, and even then it was only people who get offended by shit for a profession, and the top academic cited is a second teir professor.

Second, the people complaining haven't watched the movie. They're literally watching the trailer and imagining shit to complain about.

>“I think it’s clear from the trailers I’ve seen that he’s a buffoon in Disney. It’s a dramatic shift. He was a trickster but not a buffoon.”

>>88374179
You'll notice that there is no correct thing Disney could have known or done, a priori to avoid this. There is no, "Do this in the future".

Disney spent thousands of man hours studying the culture, and it shows in the quality of art. They hired and consulted with polynesians on the script.

>>88374109
There is an objective: SJWs want to be appointed cultural gatekeepers who get the sole power to determine what cultural expression is allowed and not allowed, like the chrisfags and Moral Majority did with the MPAA and Comics Code.
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>88374671
And yet, Tumblr was still pissed that the main character in Frozen wasn't black despite it's historical time period.
>>
File: 1450915856492.jpg (207KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1450915856492.jpg
207KB, 900x636px
The top left corner of OP's pic could actually make for a good Live-action Lion King. Having a Human Tribe in the film could actually add more depth to the movie.
>>
>>88377852
Well, Lion King is just Hamlet with lions, so... Fortinbras?
>>
they made them hotter
>>
>The film was not initiated nor will it be owned by Hawaiian, or Samoan, or Maori, or other Polynesian people. The story was not written by screenwriters of our communities, nor illustrated by artists of our communities. It was not written in nor will it be translated into any of our languages. The profits will not benefit our communities nor advance our languages, institutions or local economies. This is straight-up cultural appropriation.

I don't understand this train of thought. What's stopping them from making a more authentic version of the story?

Plus the screenwriters and the artists "in the community" have had literally generations upon generations to produce something based on their culture and history and never did anything with it. Probably from lack of interest. But now that someone has done it, and it's a success, they're all butthurt about it.
>>
File: IMG_7239.png (28KB, 141x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7239.png
28KB, 141x197px
>>88378178
>Stars Samoan and Polynesian actors
>Music by Polynesian songwriter
>Introduces Polynesian mythology in a digestible format for most unaware audiences

>WHY ISNT THERE MORE REPRESENTATION OF OUR CULTURE AND PEOPLE
>HOW DARE YOU REPRESENT OUR PEOPLR AND CULTURE, CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

Can't win with these people. I'd like to see Disney reaching out beyond European fairy tales and mythology, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>88378319
The main complaint on the article is that it's "fetisizhing" Polynesian culture and the movie itself is doing nothing to to help Polynesian communities or advancing the culture.
>>
>>88378428
Is that really the movie's responsibility? Nobody bitched when Princess and the Frog didn't rebuild New Orleans. Nobody launched on Lion King for almost entirely ignoring African culture and just adapting Shakespeare with a mostly white cast of voice actors.
>>
>>88378428
> Not advancing the culture
See I'm confused by this. Why is making audiences aware of polynesian culture a bad thing? How can non Polynesians advance Polynesian culture? If anything I imagine it'll boost sales in vacations and probably merch for authentic Polynesian shit. She wants a perfect world where hundreds of millions of dollars is handed to people who don't know how to make films and animation and expect a steady profit for those communities, or for Disney to just donate all the profits back to them.

>Fetishising
What in the flying fuck does this mean? Hercules simplified Greek mythology and took out some of the edgier shit like Zeus being a prolific philanderer and pseudo rapist, use Greek stereotypes and such. I don't think Disney is in the wrong here, people usually can't take such things at face value, ESPECIALLY childrens movies
>>
>>88373984
I don't get what's wrong with mulan at the fourth pic
>>
>>88378428
Why is Disney obliged to help Polynesian communities?
>>
>>88373984

Didn't read and frankly, I don't even care. I do care about OP's pic because I like those designs more than their original. Sauce?
>>
File: 1477898676685.jpg (28KB, 308x452px) Image search: [Google]
1477898676685.jpg
28KB, 308x452px
>>88373984

> Herecles
> Romanticized during the Helenistic era after Alexander of Macedonia's conquests, including Egypt
> Meg, even as an Egyptian, not dressing in Hellenistic garb
>>
>>88373984

> Livejournal.com

Do actually browse blogs looking for things that make you angry? You deserve better than that, anon.
>>
>>88373984
WE
>>
>>88379725
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>88377796
I thought the SJW controversy was that they didn't make them all "indigenous" Sami (as opposed to plain old white ethnic Scandos who, as we all know, only recently colonized the region after being created in a lab by Yakub or something)
>>
>>88378428
>the movie itself is doing nothing to to help Polynesian communities or advancing the culture
>the movie
>help Polynesian communities
>movie

See, I think I might have found the problem here
>>
>>88374686

Isn't that close to the new outfit they gave her?
>>
>>88375508
>There is an objective: SJWs want to be appointed cultural gatekeepers who get the sole power to determine what cultural expression is allowed and not allowed, like the chrisfags and Moral Majority did with the MPAA and Comics Code.

No, more like the Maoist Red Guards during China's cultural revolution.
>>
>>88381125
No, like the conservative christfags of the 50s-90s.
>>
Black princesses?

You needed African fairytale for start but it does not exist.
>>
>>88382078
To be fair, there were African kingdoms like the Mali, Kongo, Songhai and Benin which is interesting to learn about so I can see potential in using lesser known historical kingdoms.

Some Disney Princesses, (Like Mulan and Kida) aren't even royalty so It's not like it needs to be based around an established mythology.
>>
>>88378428
But it kinda did. It gave a story for why they stopped sailing. Which was a thing. It added to their mythology. If they don't like it it's their fault for not doing it themselves.
>>
>>88373984
Do Simba and the chick fuck
>>
>We forget desexualization is really the other side of the coin of hypersexualization, both not allowing for the full acknowledgement of female sexuality with all its complexities

What the fuck will please these people
>>
File: 567774344.png (338KB, 633x477px) Image search: [Google]
567774344.png
338KB, 633x477px
>Make a story about non-whites
>REEEEEE YOU'RE EXPLOITING THEM
>Make a story about whites
>REEEEEE WHY ARE THEY ALL WHITE
>>
>>88382893
Idealized self inserts.
But it has to be according to their ideals.
>>
None of this makes sense.

Why would Aladdin take place in Africa? Why would Meg be Egyptian and way off-model? Why would Jane be Asian?

And I have no comment on Atlantis because that movie was fucking stupid.
>>
>>88373984
All I got from the OP is that Disney really needs to make a sexy Egyptian princess.
>>
>>88373984
>no perfect cleopatra princess
Fuck
>>
>>88378428
>the movie itself is doing nothing to to help Polynesian communities or advancing the culture.
But wouldn't they cry CULTURAL APPROPRIATION if the movie actually tried that?
>>
>>88373984
Why is Jasmine an eggnog?
>>
File: Mexican Rapunzel.jpg (72KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mexican Rapunzel.jpg
72KB, 370x370px
>>
It's not like it was just the Hawaiians. The native chinese were pretty mad when Mulan came out because they did the exact same thing, make the whole 'ancestors/deities' into overblown comedic figures.

The reason the Chinese liked Kung Fu Panda a lot and not Mulan was because Kung Fu Panda created its own story and just kind of based it on chinese mythology instead of taking a chinese story and changing aspects of it for fun value.
>>
>>88386026
I thought it was because the Chinese will go apeshit for literally anything featuring pandas?
>>
>>88373984
Isn't this cultural appropriation in this pic though?
How is that okay but the entire Moana movie is not?

oh right, because it's Tumblr
>>
>>88374185
True.
>>
>>88386618
How did white girls even recover!?
>>
Could someone on /co/ seems to be so obsessive and aggressive tword the entertainment media than anything ? like they keep attacking comic book and video games about how the girls are "too sexy and unrealistic"(complaining about female characters's clothes not being right)

As an Asian grow up in a single parent family bought up by my mother, I have grow up seeing social movement and gender equality movement as a vary positive thing.

"However" this new wave of morden sjw and feminist movement( I think starting from mid 2009) really make me vary uncomfortable as for me, unlike the movement in the past,they don't even seems to want equality but "superioty" and are vary double standard on many things.
How do we come to this ?
>>
>>88386811
do...do you live in ottawa
I think I know you
>>
>>88386811
>Could someone on /co/ seems to be so obsessive and aggressive tword the

Sorry, I just realized I made some mistake while typing , I was trying to
ask if anyone on /c/ tell me
why the new wave of sjw and feminist seems.....
>>
>>88374172
Looks maori to me
>>
>>88386811
it's mostly a bunch of dissatisfied teenagers who blog rather than actual activists. they have the usual teenage blues and found a worldview that lets then disregard all of their own flaws because everyone around them is more sinful. just look at those quizilla tier 'how privileged are you' tests where just being queer is worth -5 points regardless of if you've ever actually being attacked, shunned, denied work because of it etc or not.
loud groups of minors who really don't care about change, they just want a narrative framework in which all their whining receives unconditional praise from atop their soapbox. No different from the other media watchdogs groups.
>>
>>88386811
SJWs are just a bunch of Social Media whores Larping the Civil Rights movement.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.