[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All-New Wolverine will be the only surviving X-ongoing from ANAD;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

>If you haven't been reading All-New Wolverine, you might not be aware of the current state of the mutant hero. Logan died back in 2014's Death of Wolverine arc. Laura Kinney, aka X-23, was created from a sample of Wolverine's DNA. She eventually grew to see the X-Man as a father figure and took on his mantle after his death.

>Since becoming Wolverine, Laura wore a costume similar to Logan's original yellow and blue suit. Now she's getting a new armored suit, just in time as a new threat arrives. We talked to All-New Wolverine writer, Tom Taylor, about the upcoming Immune story arc.

>>GameSpot: What made you decide to give Laura a new costume?

>Tom Taylor: A lot of what we’ve been doing in this series comes down to moving Laura to the next logical step. She’s growing on the page. This suit is part of that growth. It all comes down to the amount of times Laura is hurt, or taken out of action. Just because she has a healing factor, doesn’t mean she enjoys pain, or bullets ripping through her internal organs. She has had her issues with pain before, and she’s moving through this. This suit is designed to be bulletproof and generally more protective. In designing the suit, Mark Paniccia, Christina Harrington, and I went through a lot of versions with artist, Leonard Kirk. The colors of the suit are a nod to her X-Force days. What she wore then was certainly a fan-favorite. It’s also about stealth. It’s a bit easier to hunt prey when you’re not wearing bright yellow.

>>With it resembling the X-Force costume, will she go on more stealth 'missions'?

>Maybe, if she survives the events of Immune.

>>Will she stick with this costume for now or will she still use the yellow and blue outfit?

>This will be her costume for now.
>>
>>What can you tell us about the Immune story arc?

>When an alien child crashes into a major city in an escape pod, it speaks one name before dying, "Laura Kinney." The child has succumbed to a virus. And now, an entire city is fast becoming infected.

>With thousands falling sick from the alien contagion, the city is quarantined by SHIELD, working with other world governments and the superhero community. Only Wolverine can enter the contamination zone. But, if she enters, she can't walk out again.

>The clock is ticking and the stakes have never been higher. Can Laura uncover her own connection and importance to the alien child? Can she save a city? Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to do so? Hundreds of thousands of lives are in Wolverine's clawed hands.

>>Can you tell us anything about the alien child? Is it a new or familiar species in the Marvel Universe?

>It appears to be a new species. But I can’t say too much.

>>Has Leonard Kirk started working on the arc yet? How are his designs?

>Leonard is flooding my inbox with art and I couldn’t be happier. His designs are just fantastic, but it’s his humanity that’s exciting me the most. Every picture he sends of Gabby and Laura tells a tale and you can see so much of their relationship in every still image. I’m really excited to have Leonard as our ongoing artist on All New Wolverine.

>>Can you tease any guest appearances or cameos besides SHIELD agents?

>This arc is really an event unto itself. It’s possibly the most epic story I’ve created for a solo character. A lot of heroes will be drawn in, particularly the scientifically minded, who can help, remotely. So, we may see Peter Parker, or Beast, or Iron Man, or Janet Van Dyne, or Black Panther, and there will certainly be some surprise characters as well. There’s also an alien connection, so don’t be surprised if we see some space-based heroes pop up too.
>>
>>Will Gabby and Jonathan will still be part of the book?

>Of course. Gabby has a big part to play. And as for Jonathan, well, he thinks the book is about him. He thinks HE’S the All New Wolverine. Are you going to tell him any different? Are you?

>>Immune begins in All-New Wolverine #19, written by Tom Taylor with art by Leonard Kirk. Adam Kubert provides art for the cover. Laura will also appear in the next Wolverine film, Logan.

>Laura's solo persists through RESURRXION
Told ya.

>Squadron Supreme is cancelled
As per /co/nsensus.
>>
So it's the X-Force color scheme.

>>88371751
>So, we may see Peter Parker
The shipfags anons will be happy.
>>
>>88371767
>Squadron Supreme is cancelled
Where?
Still, though, I've mostly been buying it out of habit. Nighthawk and Hyperion were so much better that it's not funny.
I hope the team sticks around, though, and gets its hands on a not-Martian Manhunter or not-Cyborg to go with the others.
>>
>>88371744
>A lot of what we’ve been doing in this series comes down to moving Laura to the next logical step. She’s growing on the page. This suit is part of that growth. It all comes down to the amount of times Laura is hurt, or taken out of action

No. This suit is because it looks like the X-force suit, it has nothing to do with the character, it just looks cool.
>>
Kirk is on something I don't give a fuck about, thank you.

> Please relaunch SS with a better artist.
>>
>>88371744
>new black/grey suit
fucking finally

>The colors of the suit are a nod to her X-Force days. What she wore then was certainly a fan-favorite.
No fucking shit.

>Taylor still writing
Could be worse; could be way better:
"Eh."

>Uncanny X-Men cancelled
Fuck.
>>
>Taylor's doing Cornell's Wolverine run: Laura edition
What a weird decision.
>>88372240
>Uncanny X-Men cancelled
Well, yeah, X-Men Gold is the continuation of that. You do have to deal with a downgraded cast.
>>
>issue #19
>with a giant #1 in the corner

Ugh.
>>
Is she still going to be written as the crazed drooling maniac who charges screaming into fights?
>>
>>88372355
>X-Men Gold is the continuation of that
I was hoping for a grown-up X-Men team that wasn't written by Guggenheim.
>>
>>88371744
>Uncanny ded
Fuck off Marvel
>>
Yay
>>
>>88372399
They need to get that 1st Issue bump somehow. Also, it lampshade how even the longer running runs are optimized for trades.
>>
>>88371744
Hideous cover.
Kibert does not have the chops or style to "after Art Adams"
>>
Gonna start reading this regularly now since Kirk is on it.
>>
I like Laura's but please someone needs to design a better Wolverine costume for her. She looks stupid running around in a female Logan costume. Take some ques from Whor.
>>
>>88371744

>Tom Taylor

WHY
>>
>>88372856
Because the book has been doing well so marvel has no reason to change it
>>
>>88372923
Second-best selling X-book, right behind Bunn's Uncanny.

Of course, even those are doing pathetic numbers for main X-Men books.
Under 40k
>>
>>88371744
>Taylor still writing
>Gabby still around
>30% better costume.

sounds like garbage to me
>>
>>88372977
Third with more than 9.000 of difference from Logan. Logan without having Wolverine on the title still beats the hell out of her little lame autistic ass.
>>
>>88372511
Uncanny is just on hiatus for the month and come back with a new cast and a new #1, they don't want completely spoil IVX with the next round of solicits.

it's the best selling X-Men comic Marvel would be fools(don't start) not to continue it.
>>
>>88371767

>And as for Jonathan, well, he thinks the book is about him. He thinks HE’S the All New Wolverine. Are you going to tell him any different? Are you?

Haha, so quirky! BAZINGA
>>
File: beware the white queen.jpg (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
beware the white queen.jpg
2MB, 1200x1920px
terrified for the uncanny x-men reveals
>>
File: gabby-jonathan-anw.jpg (245KB, 1437x1148px) Image search: [Google]
gabby-jonathan-anw.jpg
245KB, 1437x1148px
>>88371767

>>Will Gabby and Jonathan will still be part of the book?

>Of course. Gabby has a big part to play. And as for Jonathan, well, he thinks the book is about him. He thinks HE’S the All New Wolverine. Are you going to tell him any different? Are you?

YES
>>
>>88371751
>A lot of heroes will be drawn in, particularly the scientifically minded, who can help, remotely. So, we may see Peter Parker, or Beast, or Iron Man, or Janet Van Dyne, or Black Panther, and there will certainly be some surprise characters as well.
>the scientifically minded
>Janet Van Dyne
Oh, fuck off
>>
The one thing they needed to change was ditching the mask, and that's the thing they kept the same. Sigh.

>>88375058
Janet's already worked with Laura in a ANW issue

Also you complained about her but had nothing to say about Beast. Fuck you.
>>
Kirk's an X-Fag I like him
>>
>>88371744
kek female wolverine has 2/3rds the claws of Logan. The patriarchy strikes again.
>>
>>88371744
Well, I definitely prefer this suit, but my problem has kinda always been that the mask sucks on her. Also
>Kirk
RIP Squadron Supreme
>>
>>88378085
The third one's in her feet.
>>
>>88375058
>Beast will still be alive post IvX
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~
>>
>>88371999
Kirk is taking over as the artist here combined with its extremely low sales on this month's charts and not getting solicited for February. January is probably its last issue.
>>
>>88372355
>Well, yeah, X-Men Gold is the continuation of that
No, Gold is the new Extraordinary. Blue is Magneto and Bunn from Uncanny on a relaunched All-new.
>>
File: x-23.png (1MB, 1274x627px) Image search: [Google]
x-23.png
1MB, 1274x627px
>>88378085

That's just what she wants you to think.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.