[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick a team, any team. Share their worst line up. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: mastersoctopus1.jpg (70KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
mastersoctopus1.jpg
70KB, 550x366px
Pick a team, any team.

Share their worst line up.

I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that Dr Octopus had the worst iteration of the Masters of Evil

Aside from Shocker, Absorbing Man and Titania, it was basically a whole lot of "literally who?"
>>
I recognize Yellowjacket and Pildriver, but who are the other two? Your picture is tiny.
>>
>>88349401
Oddball, Jackhammer, and that's Powderkeg, not Piledriver

The team also had Puff Adder and Gargantua, not pictured
>>
>>88349479
Yeah, that's a pretty shit team.
>>
>>88349362
>[current Avengers lineup]
There, now nobody else has to post it.
>>
File: Justice_League_Detroit_001.jpg (182KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_Detroit_001.jpg
182KB, 646x1024px
I've never seen people who are fans of it.
>>
>>88349781
Looking them up I think that was the point. This was right before Thunderbolts so Doc Ock thought he could just assemble whoever he could find and attack the Mansion while the A listers were gone. They got their ass beat by the 90's Guardians of the Galaxy, one of them joined the Guardians, and the team was never used again
>>
>>88349886
It's like they had a salary cap or something.
>>
>>88349944
More like they had age gap. They wanted League filled with young characters.
Steel was killed off, stayed irrelevant forever. Member of family was in JSA years later
Vibe was also killed, revived as zombie during Blackest Night. Was member of New 52 JLA and even had solo!
Gypsy hanged out the longest, surprise. Probably because she was J'onn's daughterfu.
At least Vixen doesn't look like that anymore.
>>
>>88349944
Aquaman rewrote the JL charter saying you could only join if you were full time dedicated. So it pretty much became of team of only characters who didn't have a solo title...and Batman
>>
>>
>>88349886
I'm hoping we see a live action version on the CW
>>
>>88351935
I don't recognize any of these fuckers except for Swarm, unless second-from-the-left is supposed to be Paste-Pot-Pete.
>>
>>88349362
Bendis Avengers. It was the start of when they had more A-Listers than C-Listers and forgot what made the Avengers fundamentally different from the Justice League
>>
File: Shazam Family.jpg (407KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam Family.jpg
407KB, 1024x787px
>>
File: 396838._SX360_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg (82KB, 360x534px) Image search: [Google]
396838._SX360_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg
82KB, 360x534px
Black Panther and Johnny Storm join eventually. So it becomes marginally better.
>>
>>88351969
Gypsy is announced, right? Everyone else is there already.
>>
>>88352077
left to right
Delilah, Melter, Swarm, Squid, Killer Shrike, 8 Ball
>>
File: FF309WT.jpg (40KB, 329x400px) Image search: [Google]
FF309WT.jpg
40KB, 329x400px
"Let's kick Reed and Sue to the curb, replace them with an Inhuman and a pro-wrestler and put Ben in charge! What could go wrong?"
>>
File: delilah3[1].jpg (50KB, 486x498px) Image search: [Google]
delilah3[1].jpg
50KB, 486x498px
>>88353019
>Delilah

I've always had a soft spot for Delilah with her silly fonts in her speech bubbles. She and the Rose were my favorite villain power couple back in the day.
>>
>>88349886
>>88349944

You have to realize that the Justice League as a franchise was failing in the early 80's. Following the DC Implosion in 77/78, DC was spiraling down a path of less and less market shares and sales because readers and reviewers thought they were silly, outdated and old-fashioned. The idea to have the brightest and best superheroes in the world in the JLA seemed like a relic of a bygone age in an era when the best-selling superteam book (and best-selling comic in general) was a book about a bunch of young, irreverent characters with ethnic diversity and attitude. All-New X-men was TEARING the superhero market up and DC felt they had to change to adapt. So they took a chance on letting Marv Wolfman and George Perez relaunch the long-failing Teen Titans franchise with a mostly new team of oddball, slightly freakish members, and they also let Gerry Conway do whatever he wanted with the JLA as long as it "shook up" the book and got a young cast in. So JL Detroit was in essence an attempt to make the JLA into the X-Men. You had young, inexperience unknowns mentored by an older character and taking on a legendary team name. And instead of the high-concept idea of having their base in a satellite in orbit, free access to interplanetary spacecraft and the like, the Detroit league were based right in Detroit, in a compound not unlike the X-mansion. And they had little money and resources.

It's just that while the New Teen Titans was a huge hit and pretty much pulled DC out of the slump, The JL Detroit never caught on and was quickly mothballed after only a couple of years, which led to Legends and the Giffen/DeMatteis League. I think part of why the JLD failed so hard was that for most of their run they had the quite blocky and stiff art of Luke McDonell. Compared to the amazing Perez art in NTT or the Cockrum/Byrne/Paul Smith art in X-Men, there was never any visual appeal to the JLD. And Conway, while a solid writer, never really seemed to click
>>
>>88351935
>>88353019
Funny, I thought Killer Shrike was dead. Feel bad for Melter, dude was one of the original Masters and now he's debased himself to follow the likes of fucking Swarm.

And holy shit, someone else actually remembers the Squid?
>>
>>88354414
>Feel bad for Melter, dude was one of the original Masters and now he's debased himself to follow the likes of fucking Swarm.

Different Melter. The original one died in the 80s and surprisingly never came back
>>
>>88354487
Huh. Well, I suppose that's one escape from Marvel's mediocrity.
>>
>>88354487
It's doubly surprising when you consider he was a victim of Scourge of the Underworld.

They resurrected virtually all of Scourge's victims for that one Punisher story arc. Guys like Basilisk, Lascivious, Hijacker and Mirage (maybe) are all still alive and well from that. But Melter was overlooked entirely.
>>
>>88356136

Actually Remender killed off most of them again, he just resurrected them for his own stuff. It was weird. Basilisk and Lascivious are the ones that got away so far.
>>
>>88356309
I thought Hijacker was in the Ant-Man comic?
Or was that a new version?

And Mirage was in Superior Foes. Yeah, Fred pushed him off a roof, but Mirage has a habit now of being a loser who inexplicably comes back. I bet he'll show up again when you least expect it, to get "killed" again...and again...and again

Now that I think about it, Letha and Human Fly are still alive too, aren't they?

But yeah, most of those guys got killed again.

I'm actually a little butthurt that Death Adder, Megatak and Bluestreak didn't get to stick around
>>
>>88357081

Must have been a new one since Flash Venom killed the resurrected one pretty gruesomely in Remender's run.
>>
>>88353977
Conway is really, really hit or miss. His ASM is top notch, the work he did on LoSH is just bad and behind the times even for the 70's.
>>
>>88357081

>I bet he'll show up again when you least expect it

He's in The Clone Conspiracy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.