[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: why isn't there more pirate/sailor/mermaid /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2036.jpg (101KB, 758x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2036.jpg
101KB, 758x575px
Question: why isn't there more pirate/sailor/mermaid /co/ related things? It seams highly unexplored.
>>
An animated Pirate of the Carribean show would have been cool
>>
>>88349274
Honestly though, it's already a huge fandom and would make shit tons of money.
>>
>>88349248
Because everyone goes full retard when it comes to anything ocean related.
>>
>>88350511
I've noticed this too, what the fuck is up with that?
>>
I guess kids aren't interested enough in it?

One Piece never got popular over here despite being the biggest anime in Japan. Though the terrible 4kids dub is also to blame.
>>
File: korolevstvo2.jpg (580KB, 1500x813px) Image search: [Google]
korolevstvo2.jpg
580KB, 1500x813px
You know what else you don't see much of?

Arctic or Northern settings. Unless it's a Christmas special, ice worlds are hardly ever a primary setting
>>
>>88350592
Also to blame is the fact One Piece is shit
>>
>>88349248
There's that Princeless spin off with a bunch of lesbian pirates.
>>
>>88350592
>>88350706
This. One piece is shit and ugly. Kids don't like ugly things.
>>88350646
You would like Moomins and the Valhalla comics
>>88350860
I've literally never heard of this before now
>>
>>88349274
I would have loved this. It is downright unusual that they never made one. The original trilogy is one of my favorite film series, as much as the consensus seems to be that the first one is the only good one (Dead Man's Chest is my favorite). Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy made the films for me (Captain Jack did peak in the first film) and while the fourth film was indeed shit, it was at least nice to see Barbossa once again. I miss the hell out of Davy Jones.
>>
>>88351468
On Stranger Tides was a total bust though
>>
>>88349248

It starts better than it ends but check out The Wake by Snyder and Sean Murphy
>>
>>88350570
For some reason, most people see the ocean as boring, as if the only thing in the water is water. Nevermind the sea is where the majority of life on Earth happens to be, or the many different environments there are, all people tend to see is salt water. Fuckin' idiots.
>>
>>88349248
Pirates are the coolest shit in the world and it bothers me that they aren't more popular.
>>
File: IMG_6750.gif (51KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6750.gif
51KB, 500x271px
>>88352963
That makes sense now, thanks anon.
>>88353006
For some reason I've always hated pirates, but I think that's because I haven't seen quality use of them
>>
>>88352963
You know it's funny, I'm in the navy and I find the idea of spending time at sea to be torture. There's just no hype to be found in the water.
>>
>>88353585
>That makes sense now, thanks anon.
What's especially baffling about it is that both Finding Nemo and Finding Dory were very successful, and the biggest strength of both films was in the gorgeous undersea set pieces. You'd think after that, folks would get their heads out of their asses, but nope.

What's even dumber is the constant jerking over the Cthulhu mythos, which all about how the ocean is full of terrifying shit.

I just want someone to go up to an oceanographer and try to tell them the sea isn't interesting. They'd get jumped by a bunch of sea-legged nerds.
>>
File: Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg (17KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg
17KB, 300x436px
You mean, besides this?
>>
>>88353878
Well no shit, Popeye. There's nothing on the surface of the water besides you and your shipmates. Unless you're a diver, you're gonna miss all the cool shit swimming around.
>>
>>88354091
Cool shit, that's a funny one you dumb idiot
>>
>>
Meat Cake is really good
>>
>>88349248
Water is hard to animate.
>>
>>88357131
While that's true, it's also really apealing
>>
>>88354193
Interesting.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.