[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I just saw this and I have a few questions. First of all,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

So, I just saw this and I have a few questions.

First of all, Why is it called Kubo and the two strings, when her instrument has 3 strings?

Second, why do characters keep referring to her as a he in the movie, even though she is clearly female.

She has the larger eyes, longer nose, and smaller mouth, as do all the other female characters in the movie; none of the males in the movie share any of the same qualities, and her voice is very feminine. It's quite obvious she is female. As I watched the movie, I kept correcting the character on her gender.
>>
>>88341090
>Trans Kubo
>>
>>88341090
>two strings
Mother - Father
>>
>>88341090

Wait, I thought Kubo was a boy?
>>
>>88341119

Male to Female or Female to Male?

I need to tell my dick how to feel about this.

>>88341126
They should have made her instrument 2 strings. There are old asian instruments that only have 2 strings.
>>
>>88341132

Her facial structure and voice clearly indicate she is female.

>>88341119

Trans can't fake facial structure

>>88341133

I assume Female to Male?
Her mother wanted another strong warrior like her father, so she told her she is male, and everybody in the movie knows her well enough to call her a he.
>>
>>88341090
Movie wasn't very good
>>
>>88341158

I give it a solid 6/10

not great, but not bad. It will be forgotten in years to come.
>>
This is possibly the stupidest thread on /co/ right now.
>>
It's a dude

Get your trans bullshit to >>>/trash/
>>
>>88341207

She is quite obviously a female.

All of her facial features match other females in the movie, and the voice is quite feminine.
>>
>>88341090
0/10 bait
>>
File: 1477886341011.jpg (40KB, 491x694px) Image search: [Google]
1477886341011.jpg
40KB, 491x694px
>>88341281

100% seriously not bait.
>>
>>88341090
The creators label Kubo a boy, which he so obviously is. You don't like it, tough. The world doesn't revolve around what you 'think' something is, 'cause it ain't.
>>
>>88341341

It seems like he was designed and voiced to be a female, and they changed their mind at the last minute to make her a guy.
>>
>>88341293
100% seriously when were you diagnosed as being on the spectrum?
>>
>>88341379

27 years old and I haven't been diagnosed yet.
>>
File: kubis and the 2 strangs.png (360KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
kubis and the 2 strangs.png
360KB, 500x727px
>>88341158
The ending feels slightly abrupt. And the general plot feels simplistic to the point of sounding like a fairy tale.

Of course, the second criticism also plays as a strength, since it's basically Kubo playing out the fairy tale he tells at the beginning.

All in all I thought it was wonderful. The animation alone makes it worth watching.
>>
Kubo is cute. CUTE
>>
>>88341904

..the fairy tale She tells at the beginning.**
>>
>>88341090
I know it's sad that /co/ never talks about Kubo, but you don't need to make a bait thread to bring attention to the movie, OP. You can say something nice instead.
>>
Op are you a faggot?
>>
>>88341265
look snowflake, I thought Kubo was a girl at first too, then watched the movie, OK Kubo is a boy

who gives a shit, jack off to whatever cartoons you like
>>
>>88341904
>the general plot feels simplistic to the point of sounding like a fairy tale
Is this really a problem? i'm kinda sick of every show and movie trying to be really dramatic but somewhat grounded in reality, sometimes i want a really different and strange fairytale-like world to admire and think about
>>
>>88341090
OP you didn't actually see the movie did you?
>>
File: mbj78lSisy1rgtgfjo1_500.gif (962KB, 432x243px) Image search: [Google]
mbj78lSisy1rgtgfjo1_500.gif
962KB, 432x243px
>not even bait will make /co/ talk about Kubo
>>
>>88345116
/co/ doesn't talk about good things. There's nothing to discuss.
>>
>>88341265
Young children are very androgynous looking. That's why boys with long hair frequently get mistaken for girls, and girls with short hair get mistaken for boys
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.