[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT TRAIN SCENE FROM THE RAIMI MOVIES?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 11

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1265x520px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1265x520px
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT TRAIN SCENE FROM THE RAIMI MOVIES? LMAO WE CAN DO IT TOO
>>
>>88340042
nope
>>
Hmmmmm
>>
That looks so fake
>>
>>88340042
> Being triggered by a children's movie

Ohhh anon
>>
File: 1460146570883.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1460146570883.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>88340188
>triggered
>>
File: 1425583502170.jpg (144KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425583502170.jpg
144KB, 533x800px
>>88340042
>watching that movie
>>
>>88340232
SM2 is the best Spider-man movie. Prove me wrong, faggot.
>>
>>88340188
>children's
but anon, superheroes are cool nowadays
>>
>>88340042
Taking inspiration from good scenes/panels is nothing bad.
>>
>>88340256
Sure, if you like maudlin vaudevillian dreck from a hack film maker
>>
>>88340175
Wait, are you telling me Spidey didn't really do that? Shit man I don't know what to believe anymore.
>>
File: 1457821434825.jpg (41KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1457821434825.jpg
41KB, 500x334px
>>88340042
>>
>>88340682

Over a million keks
>>
>>88340042
>nostalgia goggles have blinded me to the point where I hate a movie I barely seen because NOT MUH RAIMI
Grow up, it was a shit movie so fuck off. This movie will be great, be lucky they are even throwing you a bone. Fucking pieces of shit, god fucking damn it.
>>
>>88340770
>This movie will be great
It really won't though.

There are only two groups of people I really hate on this board....Raimifags, and MCUcks, this movie has brought all of you out of the woodwork
>>
>>88340797
We aren't talking about Dceu films that struggle to make 1b anon. We are talking about MCU. It's gonna do amazeballs
>>
File: 1444396796826.png (105KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1444396796826.png
105KB, 290x290px
>>88340042
>web working on wet surfaces
>even if it sticks, implying things like that guard rail can take the weight of half a ship

also,
>cruise ship
yep, when i think of spider-man i think of cruise ships
>>
>>88340811
What's your point? Of course this movie is going to make money, that doesn't mean it's going to be good. It's going to be fucking awful.

Also I like how you shills don't even deny not being shills anymore, every counter argument now is "ITS GONNA MAKE TONS OF MONEY" as if that's any indication of quality. I bet you also only eat McDonalds cheeseburgers and only listen to Katy Perry and Justin Beiber as well with that mindset
>>
>>88340042
>After that scene
>*Vulture appears*
>You wanna get to him your gonna have to get through me!
>And me!
>And me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRrbS0IrTk
>>
>Raimi owns the "splash-page showcase of Spider-strength" concept

The comics have been doing shit like this since the famous "Spidey holds up the building" page from the Master Planner arc.

If Vulture accidentally kills himself in this movie then maybe you'll have more of an argument, but this concept isn't exclusive to Raimi.
>>
>>88340042
Can we stop defending the raimi movies after this comes out? watch them again they're hilariously bad. Why it took people until the third movie to realize this is beyond me. It's okay if you like them, but just admit they're bad already.
>>
Toby is the best Spudermon out there
>>
>>88341173
You'll never get through to Raimifags, if you bring up how corny and hackneyed they are they just turn around and go "THATS PART OF THE CHARM, MUH CAMP, BLAH BLAH BLAH"

However, I don't see what this new film has to do with that, it will be just as shitty I bet.
>>
>>88340042
Why the fuck would they show this in the trailer? This should be a surprising moment.
>>
>>88341201

> if you bring up how corny and hackneyed they are they just turn around and go "THATS PART OF THE CHARM, MUH CAMP, BLAH BLAH BLAH"

The campy nature of the writing and characterisation is a deliberate artistic choice by Raimi, he didn't do it by accident.
>>
The resemblance here is superficial. Spider-man was trying to stop the train in that, here he's trying to hold the boat together before it can sink.

Honestly people, this shit is gonna happen. It's a natural direction to go with a character of this skill set. Don't be surprised when two movies featuring a guy who can shoot things to grab and hold things has a scene where he grabs and holds things.

That being said the train scene in SM2 is stupid because it suspends disbelief of how Peter could survive it when he's being thrown forward by tons of force over such a long period of time while also being pulled back against it.

Guy's not the hulk. He should have been liquified.
>>
>>88341220
Being intentionally corny and hackneyed is still being corny and hackneyed, I don't see how that changes anything

It is clear to anybody what Raimi's intentions were, but that doesn't make them good.
>>
>>88341234

>It is clear to anybody what Raimi's intentions were, but that doesn't make them good.

But it doesn't make them bad either. Comic movies don't have to strive for realism only, they can be exaggerated and absurd too.

There's a difference between "I didn't like this/This isn't to my taste" and "This is bad."
>>
>>88341173
Yes, I too used to think they were good, but now I realize that superhero movies are lame and stupid unless it says "Marvel Studios" at the beginning.
>>
>>88341072
I think having him on a ferry is interesting. We haven't seen it on screen yet and it's outside of his comfort zone
>>
Kevin Feige worked on Spider-Man 2 and was arguably the one responsible for its greatness. It wasn't until Sony dropped him from Spider-Man 3 that the franchise took a dump.

It's only natural that he'd want to use certain iconic shots.
>>
4chan is all about contrarianism, so obviously anything that is popular is going to be panned and have shade thrown on it. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing the best, is the most popular, widely accepted and has the most stable track record of acceptable quality so the people here (and from /tv/) hate it.

Nothing the MCU ever does will be allowed to be okay without nitpicking, naysaying or shitposting. On the other hand the unconditional anticipation for everything DC does serves as an interesting counter.

Then you have the sour grapes crowd who can't bring themselves to pretend that the DCEU isn't a disappointing alternative so, "Comic book movies are shit and for kids".
>>
>>88340042
>muh Raimi
>>
>>88342654
>This board is also you know, the comics and cartoons board, so some of us were actually fans of these IPs before they were turned into crappy popcorn flicks and thus we have fucking standards
Can't wait for Pete to sell his unborn daughter's soul to not-Satan.
>>
I'm not attempting to troll, I am genuinely curious, what makes the 2nd movie so good? I felt like the 'i lost my powers' melodrama was, well forced melodrama so they could pad a movie.
>>
>>88343638
Plus it works like erectile dysfunction. Literally emotional stress.
>>
>>88343638
>I'm not attempting to troll, I am genuinely curious, what makes the 2nd movie so good?
Usually people say because Doc Ock was the greatest comic movie villain of all time (he wasn't, and it was a shit reimagining of Otto to boot) and because of jerking off over the EBINESS of the train scene...which yeah, a fucking scene doesn't make a movie
>>
>>88341234
And yet you don't fault Marvel Studios for being quip filled travesties

How funny
>>
Before this trailer I neverrealized how much of a insuferable bunch of nostalgia fags in denial raimi fags are

Raimi spider movies sucked, get over it
>>
>>88341256
>trying to explain that to a turbo-autist
Don't bother, anon. He can't be reasoned with. All he can do is foam at the mouth when someone mentions Raimi's movies in a positive light and accuse everyone who likes them of "not reading comics". He also has shit enough taste to not like Agent Venom.
>>
>>88343762
If you had actually read the thread before posting in it, you would have seen me say that I think the MCU Spider-Man movie will be just as shit as I think the Raimi ones are

Moron

And this is why Raimifags and MCUcks are equally fucking stupid and cancerous
>>
>>88340042
If TFA taught us anything it's that D*sney will not greenlight a project using their IP that has even an ounce of creativity or artistic merit.
>>
>>88343911
>capeshit
>creativity
Pick one.
>>
>>88340175
The vfx in the first trsiler is rarely the vfx used in the final movie. Easiest example of this is the guardians of the galaxy trailers, which use wildly different temples during the "you might know me from another name"
>>
>>88340042
yeah because spider-man has never done things like that in the comics before
>>
>>88343892
Oh, you're an everythingisshitfag.
>>
i dont think the problem is they are basically copying raimi movie.

why the fuck they already showed it in the trailer!?
>>
Jesus Christ I forgot how whiny spiderfags are.
6 fucking movies and you cunts still aren't satisfied
>>
>>88340682
>>88340175

I'm pretty sure Spidey doesn't do half the thing the Daily Bugle says he does, man. They've probably just got some school-kid intern photoshopping him into a bunch of photos.
>>
The only thing that really interests me about this is the fact that it takes place in DC. Looking forward to scenes of Spidey riding atop the metro only to have it break down, or having to go on foot where there aren't any tall buildings.

Let the whole world know how much it sucks commuting around this fucking city.
>>
>>88341072
>that
>a cruise ship

It's clearly a fucking ferry. Like the ones you always see in any movie set in NY that shows the waterline. Hell, even Batman had them in not-NY.

I think it seems quite obvious that in the movie we'll see him shoot web everywhere in a panic and the bits that land on guard rails and nets will dramatically tear away as he strains to keep it together. Maybe they're retarded and it won't, but it's what I'll assume will happen.
>>
File: jopc.jpg (50KB, 719x518px) Image search: [Google]
jopc.jpg
50KB, 719x518px
>>88344016
Nah, I just want my phone call.
I mean, my good Spider-Man movie.

>>88343890
Agent Venom was ok and would have been good if it was simply a brief detour for "Venom", but Flash Venom as a whole is shit and the symbiote has been completely ruined during the time Flash was "Venom". And really, there was no reason for Flash to be Venom in the first place but Marvel has no confidence in anything new so they just slap names they know will sell on new ideas because they're fucking shit. It would have made a lot more sense for Flash to be a new Toxin or some shit, but Toxin does not sell comics.
>>
>>88344348
>complains about Raimi's movies being corny
>posts one of the most unintentionally corny capeshit movies ever

kek
>>
The Raimi movies were pretty bad but this one looks worse to me.
>>
>>88344526

The only bad raimi movie was Spider-Man 3
>>
I don't even know how this makes sense. The water will still be going upwards
>>
>>88345134

>complaining about physics in superhero movies
>>
>>88345166
I'm just saying, I really don't get the logic of him webbing a boat back together. Even if he does it, the boat still sinks. Unless he's trying to get the two halves to surf to the ground? I don't know
>>
>>88345200
He's just holding it together until the Avengers can fly in and save everybody

>>88345074
What you mean to say is the only WORST Raimi movie is Spider-Man 3
>>
>>88345200

Probably to give more people time to get out?

We need to know the context of this scene before any qualitative judgements can be made.
>>
>>88344016
AKA most SpiderFags
6 fucking movies and they still bitch.
>>
>>88340146
THE SAVIOR OF THE MCU
>>
i loved that Raimi train scene when spidey passes out of exhaustion but the passengers caught him and had a full view of spideys chest with logo and the peoples hands appearing around the logo to pull him in. that was quite beautiful
>>
>>88344348
>but Flash Venom as a whole is shit
Shit taste strikes again.
>>
>>88349788
Millennial
>>
>>88350019
>autist shows his colors again
Seriously, just kill yourself you waste of breath. The threads and probably the world would be much better without you.
>>
>>88350282
It's just one autist shitting up every thread he's in.
How is this repetitive shitposting is not considered spam at this point is beyond me.
>>
>>88340042
Oh no! Doctor Connor's class....
>>
File: 1431051609394.png (369KB, 289x460px) Image search: [Google]
1431051609394.png
369KB, 289x460px
>>88350063
You have shit taste you homosexual or female early 20s retard

If you had been a Venom fan in the 90s you'd know how the symbiote has been ruined by Bendis during the Flash era

>>88350354
Nah...there have always been people who hated the Raimi fucking movies, despite how hard you and a couple other people tried to make it a meme that they are "kino" or w/e you faggots say

Furthermore, I hate the MCU as well, fuck all you retards and drones who belong on /tv/ and not /co/
>>
>>88340042
I just hope they can also replicate how breathtaking the action leading up to Train Jesus Spider-Man is. This shit is why I always would have rather been Spider-Man than Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY#t=296.735043
>>
>>88343930
In all things there are degrees.

D*sneyshit is even more creatively bankrupt than capes.
>>
>>88352173
I remember when I was a kid....you wouldn't have been able to convince me that Disney would one day own Marvel or that all movies associated with Marvel would be done in a family friendly Disney formula
>>
>>88341215
I was thinking the same thing. Trailers nowadays blow the whole goddamn load so early. This was the money shot and they blew it in like 2 minutes.
>>
File: If this be my destiny.jpg (14KB, 186x272px) Image search: [Google]
If this be my destiny.jpg
14KB, 186x272px
>>88340042
The train sequence was a homage to Amazing Spider-Man #33

Apparently so is this.
>>
>>88344262
>not-NY
Metropolis is Not-NY
Gothamk is Not-Chicago
>>
>>88355044
I like Gotham
>>
>>88340042
>le raimi reference
>le i've never actual read spiderman comics

Spiderman doing this very moment in different ways is part of his character. He will risk everything, including his own body, to save people.
>>
>>88355752
Tbh, Raimi Spider-Man is the only good one ever and Spider-Man should have organic webs
>>
>>88356559
big fucking bitch baby detected
>>
>>88340042
they have no originality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY
>>
why can't they just come up with something new
wtf?
>>
>>88357314
No you're just a retard....nobody cares about the "serious" story of Peter Parker, he should be a cartoonish nerd stereotype that represents the 1960s and the dialogue should match that

Also he should be moe
>>
>>88357935
>new
>capeshit
Kek
>>
It was a good scene. It's not like every Spider-Man scene is treated as an iconic sequence. You think people are scrambling to replicate the first few fight scenes from "Spider-Man Strikes Back"? No, no they're not.
>>
>>88340175
You're right, they should have torn a real ship in half and had the actor hold it together.
>>
>>88353135
Not once, but twice I guess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFOKzsLQuo&t=2m50s
>>
Gay
>>
>>88361339
This desu.
>>
Can't wait for a scene where REAL NEW YORKERS support him in his darkest hour
>>
>>88340042
*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yep, that's me

You're probably wondering how I myself into this mess.
>>
>>88361431
>it's going be another "you're gonna have to get through me" scene
>>
Shit like this is why Peter deserved to die. Bring back the Superior Spider-Man.
>>
>>88345244
>holding it together
>it still massively cut in half and he's not even making the edges touch

that shit should have sank like a rock
>>
>>88351535
Nah, it was mostly always you shitposting like a complete retard. No matter how hard you're trying to make it "hurr wasn't me", your autism is always recognizable. No one else is shitting threads up like you do.

>muh Bendis
No one fucking cares. Eddie Brock is a garbage character and Remender's Flash was the best Venom ever been in, deal with it.
The only retard with a shit taste here is you.
>>
>>88362117
Kek, jackass
>>
>>88363576
>Eddie Brock is a garbage character
Time to jump into the trash bin!
>>
>>88364248
Yeah, okay, go right ahead nostalgiafag.
>>
>>88364300
You first, bitter internet opinion edgelord
>>
>>88363576
>No one else is shitting threads up like you do.
This is coming from the queer who spams Raimi threads every day trying to force a meme

IMPRESSIVE
Fuck off, faggot, your threads are shit

>No one fucking cares.
Venom is one of Marvels flagship characters, has more fans and recognition than all the modern Marvel stars they're forcing put together

Tell me how many Kamala, Gwenpool, or Flash toys got sold in the past few years shill boy ; )

> Eddie Brock is a garbage character and Remender's Flash was the best Venom ever been in, deal with it.
So you're an underaged b& who has been spamming this board for years....kill yourself, please, nobody will miss you.
>>
>>88363056
What the hell are you talking about, this is a movie
>>
>>88363576
>>88364740
Guys, both Brock Venom and Flash Venom are good. Let's not fight.
>>
>>88341160
NERD!!!
>>
>>88340042
I'll be honest, it felt like a big "fuck you" to me when I saw this.
>>
>>88341215
Same on this, and on the Iron-Man/Spidey team up at the very end of the trailer
>>
File: flash_thompson_nerds.jpg (113KB, 720x667px) Image search: [Google]
flash_thompson_nerds.jpg
113KB, 720x667px
>>88365752
>>
>>88359945
You know sets are a thing right? They could have easily just built that exact thing. Though it wouldn't have mattered because as long as his costume is CGI he'll look like a cartoon.
>>
>>88365807
Why?
>>
>>88355044
Gotham is not-Newark, m8. It's in Jersey, which is a shame becasue they have a bunch of spooky woods issues but nothing about the Jersey devil ever.
>>
>>88340042
They did this first in Spider-man 1, with the trolley cars or whatever. They also did this in Amazing Spider-Man with the car.

It's a natural thing for Spider-Man to do. He's a young character, who is both in over his head, and yet has incredible power and potential. He goes to great lengths of sacrifice to help people, literally with great power comes great responsibility, so what better way to do that than to have him risk being pulled apart to save people, showing his incredible strength and power, beyond belief and expectation, and what better way to do that than in a christ-like pose to boot.

Not to mention, as people have pointed out, it's a character who can shoot sticky rope onto things, has super strength, and has a whole thing about risking his life to save others. Holding together things trying to move apart with sticky rope, at risk to yourself in order to save other people seems kind of suited to the character.
>>
File: 1320899384952.jpg (75KB, 802x701px) Image search: [Google]
1320899384952.jpg
75KB, 802x701px
>>88340042
Hey /tv/, you can like multiple things you know.

There doesn't have to be a "best" with all other things in the shit category.

Also, religious imagery is meaningless unless its actually important to the plot. Metaphors are fucking stupid.
>>
>>88366203
I never liked that Gotham was in Jersey, further south than metropolis. I always thought it should be further north, in like, not-boston or something. Bigger than Boston obviously, but about that area, and about that feel and atmosphere, that history and architecture style.
>>
>>88340175
They had Tom Holland get bitten by a real radioactive spider
>>
>>88366338
please try harder false flagger, we all know you're the /tv/ autist here.
>>
>>88340042
>WE CAN DO IT TOO
of course you can! hell, your spider-kid is just doing a bad impression of tobey maguire with a generic dopey-awkward kid voice. suit yourself. take whatever you want
>>
>>88340042
>HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT
Hey guys, you ever see that really old movie, "Spiderman 2"? Remember when they're on that train, and the guy with the arms"? there FTFY.
>>
>>88366831
Haha young people are so funnayyyy
>>
>>88340146
Of course, the ships are also a symbol of heteropatriarchy and Drumpf supporters.
>>
>>88343959
Yes,yes, and you said the same about Civil War yet it ended having the same cg on the final movie with Tony's head floating over his computer body.

Literally all the scenes people used to shitpost on the trailers ended on the final product.

Im glad GotG fixed it, but its not the norm.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.