[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did King of the Hill make Canadians look like huge passive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 26

File: KohUhOhCanada_DABE11_Clip01F.jpg (141KB, 653x522px) Image search: [Google]
KohUhOhCanada_DABE11_Clip01F.jpg
141KB, 653x522px
Why did King of the Hill make Canadians look like huge passive aggressive assholes?

Has there ever been a cartoon that gets Canadians right and doesn't just do some kind of weird combination of french Canadians and Newfies?
>>
>>88334960
This show is the closest I can think of when it comes to properly portraying Canadians
>>
>>88335246
>people no one has ever seen or thought about for one second
fucking nailed it
>>
I've had personal recent experience with canadians. Without going full /pol/, the show and generally stereotype(s) about canadians are fairly accurate.
>>
>>88335435
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>88335246
which one is the canadian? the blue one?
>>
>>88334960
I live in Maine near the border of Canada, and i can say for a fact that they are literally just border hopping asian coupon cutters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnB3LIzD_LI
>>
>>88335493
They're all Canadian. The show is set in Canada.
>>
File: sadcanada.jpg (28KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
sadcanada.jpg
28KB, 296x300px
>>88335435
>generally stereotype(s) about canadians are fairly accurate
The problem is that there are quite a few different canadian archetypes, and everyone always just merges the french and newfie sterotypes together
>>
File: firefox_2016-12-11_01-10-29.png (247KB, 661x399px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-12-11_01-10-29.png
247KB, 661x399px
>>88335568
>not allowed to view the video in Canada
WEW
>>
File: god.jpg (958KB, 2184x3064px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
958KB, 2184x3064px
>>88335637
Jesus Christ Comedy Central.
>>
As A FUCKING LEAF, I can tell you that trying to stereotype one of us is like trying to stereotype an American. We're pretty different depending on which area of Canada we're from. You've got Chinese immigrants and stoners from BC, rednecks from Alberta, retarded rednecks from Saskatchewan, racist penny pinchers from Manitoba (that's me), snobs from Ontario, French-speaking snobs from Quebec, and an East coast full of weird unemployed fishermen. Diversity!
>>
>>88335863
>snobs from Ontario
Pls don't lump southern Ontario and northern Ontario together
>>
>>88335960
See? There you go, being a snob.
>>
>>88334960
>Canadian
>huge passive aggressive asshole

John K?
>>
>>88334960

At this time of the show there were a lot of ridiculous "asshole of the week" characters.

desu it's not a totally inaccurate representation of the worst of us.
>>
>>88335984
There is a pretty big difference between the Urban and Rural parts of Ontario though, I lived down south for a while and there was a huge culture shock. Also fuck St.Catharines, scummiest city I've ever had to live in
>>
>>88336044
I'm sure there is, but I couldn't resist the chance to call you a snob. It was just too perfect a set-up. Actually stayed in Ottawa for a few months, beautiful city... not that it's hard to top the shithole that Winnipeg is.
>>
>>88334960
Because a lot of us are huge passive aggressive assholes.
>>
>>88336141
If anything I feel like the "Ontario stereotype" is going to be "clinically depressed poor person" soon enough,

I've been tempted to move out west for quite some time now with how fucked everything is in Ontario.
>>
>>88336144
I'm not passive aggressive, just aggressively passive
>>
>>88334960
It's not really that inaccurate, but I'd say the passive aggressive part comes out more online.
We really do have a problem where our entire personality is "WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE BURGERS XDDD, NO GUNS AND HEALTH CARE".
>>
>>88336237
We're doing fine. Only risk is Trump starting a trade war.
>>
>>88335960
1/3 of Canada's population lives in Ontario

Less than 500,000 lives in Northern Ontario

Southern Ontario IS Ontario
>>
This is fucking Canada right here

Take a Canadian and he either obeys it or tries to force it on his new environment
>>
The Total Drama series is based in Canada so all of it's characters are, presumably, Canadian.
>>
>>88336044
>Also fuck St.Catharines, scummiest city I've ever had to live in
Oh hey, that's actually where I live
>>
>>88336377
>We really do have a problem where our entire personality is "WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE BURGERS XDDD, NO GUNS AND HEALTH CARE".
I never got the whole "its cool to hate on America" thing here. They're our biggest trading partner and we're more or less identical culture wise nowadays. Just seems like needless hating.
>>
>>88336385
>trade war
>with Canada

Over what? You haven't got shit but oil.
>>
>>88336466
>identical

As identical as Britain and Ireland

Canada has a monarchy, America doesn't

Canada is officially bilingual, America isn't

Canada will probably not be a country 50 years from now, America probably will

Very different
>>
>>88334960
You can't show a person blowing a dog in a cartoon
>>
>>88336526
Culture wise. Canadian culture hasn't been its own thing for decades, we're America-lite in that regard.
>>
>>88336465

Learn to fucking drive.
>>
>>88336399
>fit in or fuck off

The funniest part about that is that your government policy to assimilation is actually that Canada is a "cultural mosaic" and thus immigrants should avoid assimilation so they can enrich Canada with their culture.

Courtesy of Pierre Trudeau, who might have been Justin Trudeau's father.
>>
>>88336465
The rent was cheap at least, but it was so weird going from living in a literal village just outside of North Bay to a grimy city down south where I heard gunshots every night, everyone is 5 feet tall, and all of the people around my age are weird gangster wannabes that talk about how tough they are all day.

Moved up to Hamilton shortly after that and it was pretty sweet though, I only ever hear bad things about Hamilton being gross and dangerous, but I lived maybe a 5 minute walk from Westdale and god damn that was awesome. There were 4 different hobby shops each with a different focus (anime/manga, retro games, tabletop games, comics), and a silver screen theatre all on one street.

If I ever move back to a city I'm definitely moving back to westdale,
>>
File: state-imports-map.png (268KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
state-imports-map.png
268KB, 1200x900px
>>88336489
>>
>>88336568
Is that all? There's got to be more than that.
>>
>>88336568
>>88336465
>early December
>hear on the news/radio that there is a "MASSIVE SNOWFALL WARNING"
>everyone is freaking the fuck out about the impending snow storm
>"snow storm" hits
>maybe 2 cm of snow at most on the ground, light flurries at best
>everyone on the streets is walking around in huge Canada Goose winter jackets and stops to say "I shouldn't even be out in this weather, I have a cold!"
>cars are all driving so slow that I'm walking faster than them

At the very least, it was the first time I was able to easily cross the street in St.Cats

But god damn that was hilarious. After dealing with getting 1-2 feet of snow overnight up north, I couldn't help but laugh at these people freaking out over a tiny bit of snow and bundling up in snowpants and jackets while I was still wearing just a tshirt
>>
>>88336551
Anglo Canada was always a dark, monarchist reflection of American culture

10% of your population, which is 1/5 of white English speakers, are United Empire Loyalists- meaning they are descended from Loyalists who betrayed the other American colonists to fight for the Crown in the Revolution

Additionally Nova Scotia was originally the "Fourteenth colony" which didn't go along with the other 13, and Newfoundland was originally populated by Yankee fishermen who founded St. Johns as a fishing post in violation of British laws against settling on that island.

Also the British government actively encouraged Americans to migrate to Canada after 1783 to populate Ontario by promising cheap land and low/no taxes for a period of 20 years or something in to create a society which they expected would be superior to that of the newly independent USA, which would then cause friction in the USA and create a "rejoin the Empire" movement in America.

The majority of English-speaking Canadians have an American ancestor somewhere, hence the cultural similarities and attempts by America to annex Canada at various points in time.
>>
>>88336530
But bestiality is actually legal in more states than it isn't.
Its still illegal in Canada
>>
>>88336691

Nah, that's all really. Only thing I can complain about for St. Catharines. Being from the city of steel I don't have much room to bitch.
>>
>>88336681
>Trump fugs china
>California now trades with Mexico and New York with Canada

How is this a bad thing for you?

>Louisiana

I have heard Montreal is also full of Arabs. Must be a French thing.
>>
>>88336617
Never really experienced anything relating to gunshots down here, but the gangster wannabes do sound familiar.
Hamilton really does vary based on the area. Most people I know don't like it, but only the neighborhoods nearest to the factories are bad.
The more northern towns are supper comfy though.
>>
>>88336744
Not according to weedman
>>
>>88336766
>Trump fugs china
>California now trades with Mexico and New York with Canada

Did you miss the part where he wants to tear up NAFTA? Or put tariffs on products whose factories have moved out of the US, which would include a bunch of canadian factories?
>>
>>88336845
>>88336617

Everything here is spot on. I live on the mountain and pretty much, don't go down near the factory areas aka The North End. It's where most of the gangs have set up shop.

That said, since we're getting all of Toronto's pieces of shit, Hamilton has been changing/getting shittier.
>>
File: 1470542397229.png (513KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1470542397229.png
513KB, 600x782px
>>88336931
>mfw Toronto people spreading out
>mfw Peterborough is being industrialized more
>>
only ever met one Canadian and he was an ass that tried to pay with Canadian currency
>>
>>88336931
>almost all bikes on the street have had their tires stolen
>as soon as you get near westdale every single one of them is fine

You just need to stay away from downtown I guess.
It was kind of funny actually, the first time I went downtown to check out the malls I saw a hobo wandering around and he asked me if I wanted any heroin, then when I told him I wasn't interested he turned and asked a young mother walking with her daughter.

I even found a heroin drop off spot in one of those wooden posts on the side of the road while walking home.

Pretty radical shifts based on the area
>>
>>88337049
>and he was an ass that tried to pay with Canadian currency
No one ever has an issue with accepting american currency up here, so its not really far fetched to assume he just didn't know there would be an issue.
>>
>>88337067
No, we hate that languages other than English exist and other forms of currency are use outside of the country.
>>
>>88334960

This was honestly the worst King or the Hill episode I've seen. It felt like all the characters were assholes. The Canadians were annoying in a weird way; especially since they said they were from Toronto but they don't act like people that live in Toronto at all.
>>
>>88336766
>Louisiana
Literally bringing in oil from terrorist sponsors to refine and sell in the US.
>>
>>88337067
if i went to Canada i would use Canadian currency if i went to Japan i would use Japanese currency
If i went to America i would use American currency
>>
>>88337203
I'm just saiyan, I'm sure he wasn't trying to be an asshole, he just never considered it would be an issue
>>
>>88336681
>south korea
>Alabama
What?
Its on the wrong coast to trade easily with them.
>>
>>88337159
I completely agree,
its way too over the top as well, everything that happens just feels so ridiculous and absurd that its hard to relate to it.

And everyone in the episode is being needlessly rude. The Canadians are huge passive aggressive pricks, and the main characters act like huge dicks as well. Everything just seemed so forced, its definitely one of the worst episodes in the series.
>>
>>88334960
>Canadians as passive agressive assholes

But that's exactly what they are?
Every Canadian I've met has been some petty ass.

Who ever made the whole "Canadians are all polite." has never met a Canadian before and the leafs have been dick riding that belief to make themselves look better.
>>
>>88336899
>Canada gets fucked

Serves you right for stealing our jobs

Maybe without nafta you'll elect someone actually competent instead of a guy who promised to legalize weed
>>
>>88336899
Boo fucking hoo
Get fucked syrupnigger
>>
>>88337340
>Maybe without nafta you'll elect someone actually competent instead of a guy who promised to legalize weed
Tbh, I think most people just wanted to get rid of Harper

Personally I voted NDP, but its not as if people voted for Trudeau because they liked him, they literally only voted for him because he wasn't Harper.

He's pretty much Hilary except without being a completely horrible person.
>>
>>88337067
A lot of places in canada won't accept US bills larger than a $20, and some chains don't accept them at all.
American bills are much easier to counterfeit than canadian and the average cashier wouldn't reliably spot a fake.
>>
>>88337323
>Who ever made the whole "Canadians are all polite." has never met a Canadian before
But that stereotype is based on american and canadian tourists
>>
>>88337340
As other anon said, we were just tired of Harper.
Conservative PMs are usually good on their first term, but after that they end up being shit.
>>
>>88336931
>the mountain
The Geography teacher I had during High school always got triggered by this.
Apparently only Hamilton people call it this instead of "the escarpment".
>>
>>88334960
Have you seen the Canadian problem on /pol/?
>>
>>88338028
It's how you can tell if someone grew up here.
>>
>>88338028
Its just a nickname, I don't think anyone means its literally a mountain
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 275x350px
>>88334960
>Why did King of the Hill make Canadians look like huge passive aggressive assholes?

Because Canadians are fucking cancer who fail at all types of art.
>>
>>88335863
Territories master race it is then.
>>
>>88338579
>Because Canadians are fucking cancer who fail at all types of art.
Aside from the most important one traditional animation
>>
>>88336526
>Canada will probably not be a country 50 years from now, America probably will
Wut
>>
>>88339346
At the very least, no one will remember that Canada is a country in 50 years. The only reason anyone knows about us is because we have the USA shoved up our countries ass
>>
>>88336385
>We're doing fine

wew lad how do you like that 60% hike in electricity bills? You running your PC off of a treadmill generator like me? Getting some sick cardio here while I hang my clothes to dry indoors because I can't afford to use my dryer.
>>
File: Hydro_Rates_May_2016.png (17KB, 641x381px) Image search: [Google]
Hydro_Rates_May_2016.png
17KB, 641x381px
>>88339520
>mfw I heard about that family that received a hyrdo bill for an empty plot of land they own with no access to electricity
When is this madness going to stop?
My Dad is barely ever home and spends all of his time outside and still has to pay around $200/month just for "delivery"
>>
>>88337012
>tfw York Region
>tfw the cancer that is Scarborough keeps getting closer and closer
>>
As an Amerifat, how is Canada? Is it just as shitty as our country, or is it just meh?
>>
>>88338103
>"problem"

It's literally a meme they forced because they don't like Dude Weedman since he's made of 100% anti-pol.
>>
>>88337049
I wascrossing the border and some towns a few miles in accepted then suddenly stop and thats when people get rude as soon as you leave the wierd little aarea i call the borderbelt.
>>88335863
Fellow 'Toban, you forgot the goddamn pronanity, fuck.
Also we replace eh with fuck, eh?
>>
>>88339571
Wow, I actually found a reason to be glad to live in Manitoba.

Hydro FTW!
>>
File: 1478038009521.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478038009521.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>88337012

I live in Peterborough and its an utter shit hole, there is literally nothing this country could do to make this place any worse.
>>
>>88339604
Southern Ontario is pretty much USA 2.0

The rest of the country varies wildly though.
But speaking generally, most people that end up in Canada go to either Toronto or BC

Here is a handy guide to moving here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
>>
>>88339624
>Fellow 'Toban, you forgot the goddamn pronanity, fuck.
That must only be in certain circles. I swear casually, but it's not in every sentence, and that goes for most people I know.
>>
>>88339636
Thanks.
>>
>>88339636
>Here is a handy guide to moving here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
>Implying french Canadians really sound like that
>>
>>88339636
He sums up the country pretty well
>no one lives here
>but if you do move here, odds are you won't make any money
>>
>>88339604
if you think america is shitty either spend your time making it better or move

i voted trump
>>
>>88339702
>I voted Trump

Good for you. No one cares.
>>
>>88339632
I'm pretty sure we probably sell most of our hydro to other places to over charge for. MBHydro are a fucking evil company complete with all the evil power company cliches. Lake Winnipeg is fucked thanks to them. And the zebra mussels didn't help.
>>
>>88339665
I was of course exaggerating, thats not how i speak all the time but we are known abroad as being the swearyest anglophone provence. And I catch myself ending sentences with " ,fuck" for no good reason.
>>
File: feature-wynne_900[1].jpg (43KB, 900x573px) Image search: [Google]
feature-wynne_900[1].jpg
43KB, 900x573px
>>88339571
You can thank our first gay female premier for that.

Then they realized it was too much, so they devised a program to give electricity bill breaks to low income families in need. The cost for coming up with this plan was 12 million dollerydoos
>>
>>88336399
Reminds me of Australia's "Fuck off, we're full"
>>
>>88334960
t. Mr. Enter
>>
>>88336724
>attempts by America to annex Canada at various points in time.

What?
That only sort of happened once. At one point in the War of 1812 the Americans tried to liberate the British colonies north of their border without checking if they wanted to be liberated first.
>>
>>88334960
>huge passive aggressive assholes
Take a look at the average leaf poster on /pol/ and you will see
>>
>>88339802
But anon, EVERY poster on /pol/ is a huge passive aggressive asshole
>>
>>88339802
>using average 4chan posters as examples
Anon, we're ALL assholes.
>>
>>88339791
>tried to liberate the British Colonies north of their border without checking if they wanted to be liberated first
We started young.
>>
>>88339802
Literally everyone on /pol/ is either a huge asshole, crazy, or a huge crazy asshole.

Remember these are the people that went to a pizza place and shot it up because memes convinced them it was part of a child sex ring led by Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>88339802
>Thinking a group of people are assholes because of /pol/

Anon, what are you doing?
>>
>>88339820
Nah /pol/ thinks that was a guy hired by (((them))). /pol/ never actually does anything because the only way to beat (((them))) is not to play...or be Donald Trump.
>>
>>88337203
I always have some American cash left over when I get back from a visit. Nobody in Canada has a problem taking it so I'm not going to bother going to a currency exchange.

I think it's a specifically American thing to get offended by foreign currencies. It's not rude or offensive anywhere else someone uses money from a friendly neighbor country.
>>
File: I'm Superman and what is this.jpg (82KB, 447x628px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Superman and what is this.jpg
82KB, 447x628px
>>88339888
>/pol/ spreads conspiracy theories like they're fact
>someone believes them and ends up doing something really stupid because of it
>/pol/ thinks someone falling for their conspiracy theories is actually part of another conspiracy theory
>>
>>88339941
Yes, /pol/ is amazingly retarded.
>>
That's Scott! He's a dick!
>>
>>88339941
>>88339990
You're acting like it's confusing and contradictory but it's pretty simple extension of what they already believe. Especially when they already believe in a mass of other conspiracy theories that involve actual murders.
>>
>>88340009
Man, I fucking love how South Park portrays Canada. I am pretty much guaranteed to lose my shit at least once every time they do a new episode that revolves around Canadians
>>
>>88335863
No one cares, you lousy canuck.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14KB, 200x228px
>tfw you will never kill Wynne
>>
File: lob.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lob.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>88341693
tfw bills keep getting worse and worse for rural Ontario but no one cares because everything is fine in urban areas
>>
When can we get a comic about the Day of the Rake?
>>
King of the hill was gay
>>
File: 4299941-1419641297037.jpg (38KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
4299941-1419641297037.jpg
38KB, 600x375px
>>88341909
>>
File: 1387137249878.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1387137249878.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
>>88339941
>/pol/ spreads conspiracy theories like they're fact

t. Russia hacked the elections somehow and Hillary is in perfect health
>>
File: Ci4G0XcVEAIfxMA.jpg (72KB, 370x557px) Image search: [Google]
Ci4G0XcVEAIfxMA.jpg
72KB, 370x557px
>>88341943
Do not listen to the lies of the infidels, brother. Kekslam is the one true religion.
>>
>>88336766
>>Louisiana
>I have heard Montreal is also full of Arabs. Must be a French thing.

No. It's a state-that-has-half-the-oil-refineries-in-the-whole-country thing.
>>
>>88339604
It's Coldifornia.
>>
Is the longstanding "Americans have small penises" stereotype true, or is there some other reason you guys act like you've got dicks up your asses 24/7?
>>
>>88334960
>Has there ever been a cartoon that gets Canadians right and doesn't just do some kind of weird combination of french Canadians and Newfies?

South Park
>>
>>88342827
>>88340515
>South Park
Figured you guys might dig this,
>>
>>88334960
Canadians are pretty annoying. They're rarely bearable over here as they seem to have managed to encapsulate the worst parts of Americans and British leftists into one tidy package.
>>
File: 1280w.jpg (154KB, 1280x960px)
1280w.jpg
154KB, 1280x960px
>>88343018
>as they seem to have managed to encapsulate the worst parts of Americans and British leftists
I'm not entirely sure where you're meeting these Canadians, but I can only assume they're either from Vancouver or Toronto
>>
>>88337251
The Hyundai assembly plants have to get their parts from somewhere.
>>
>>88339576
I remember visiting a school in Scarborough and 99% of the students were either Muslim or black.
>>88339635
Didn't really seem that bad. My mom's boyfriend is going to be moving to Lakefield at some point.
>>
Isn't KotH a parody show? Anyways, the Canadians I've met both in the US and in, well, Canada have been absolute bros. Much better than the shitty people I grew up with in the states, that's for sure.
>>
Question from Amerifat - why does everything costs slightly more in Canada than here?
>>
>>88334960
>Passive aggressive communist feminist Islamophile

There you go, average Canadian.
>>
>>88344230
HST, tariffs, cost of shipping and the fact that companies use it as an excuse to markup

Chicken's 5$/lb here
>>
File: 1457374580220.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1457374580220.gif
2MB, 325x244px
Remember, guys: if you kill your enemies, they win.
>>
>>88339806
Hey, just like /co/
>>
>>88337419
Not the new bills they really went all out on those.
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (7KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
7KB, 300x250px
>>88334960
I never really got what their character was supposed to be in that episode.

Paranoid scared fr3eaks that call police at the drop of a hat?

Or just complete and total douches that hated everyone there and genuinely wanted to make everyone they met miserable.

The show got the randomly insulting the crap out of people with a smile on their face. But everything else was way off.
>>
>>88337419
>American bills are easier to counterfeit
Just because their are more fake USA Dollars than CAN ones, doesn't mean it's easier.
>>
>>88344493
This
If you were going to make fake money, why would you make weak Canadian dollars over American dollars?
>>
>>88337323
Been to Canada a couple times. They are complete dicks, and get worse the second they discover you are American.

They all just keep telling each other that all Canadians are incredibly smart and wonderful, and all Americans are just borderline if not outright retarded. So random people in gas stations or on the sidewalk will absolutely treat you like you are blitheringly stupid, a lot.
>>
>>88344594
>and get worse the second they discover you are American.
This isn't just Canada, but it is a problem.
>>
>>88334960
I'd go to Canada but I don't want to end up in court for disagreeing with a feminist online.
>>
>>88339604
It's hard to think of it as anything other than a bigger Wisconsin that people keep claiming is a sovereign nation.
>>
>>88344627
Went to the UK back in 06'. The second those bastards learned you were American everyone everywhere would get in your face and confront you about invading Iraq. As if you alone were the real reason Bush invaded.

He did not really want to, but fuck his opinion, random American tourist #647 demanded that it happen because fuck all sandniggers!

Seriously had too many Brits get right in our faces about it and get really pissed off at the evil American imperialism.
>>
>>88344230
Their dollar is weaker. $5 Canada is less than $5 real dollar.
>>
>>88335863
What's with the "Canadians are polite" meme? Everyone I've met has been a cunt. Is that just the ones who feel the need to constantly point out that they are Canadian? Are the polite ones the ones who keep it to themselves?
>>
>>88337251
Korean carmakers set up assembly plants there and ship all of the components in.
>>
>>88344906
They just insult you indirectly with a smile on their face. Idiots think that is being polite.
>>
>>88334960
That guy is hugely representative of the Toronto area, and Ontario as a whole.
>>
>>88339385
Just wait until clean water starts getting rarer. Then we will have all the shekels
>>
>>88339632
I just thought the same thing about Quebec. Electricity's cheap as fuck and it's just about the only good thing. Well, I suppose to the cheap beer and abundant quality poutine are alright...
>>
>>88344733
>Brits mad about imperialism

The salt never sets on the British Empire.
>>
>>88339604
To quote former prime minister Stephen Harper's response when asked if he loved Canada : ''I think Canada has a lot of potential''
>>
>>88339675
There's actually a lot of bilinguals with english as their first language and who has awful French in gouvernment. Or at least in Ottawa, might be different in QC
>>
>>88346387
>Ottawa
For some reason, it pisses me off how everything is written in French before English. They don't matter enough for that to be a rule.
>>
>>88344196
>Isn't KotH a parody show?
Depends on what part of it you mean. KotH is arguably one of the more down-to-earth shows, and as a Texan, I think it pretty well encapsulates the feel of small-town Texas life. But it had a tendency to do this "asshole of the week" setup sometimes, as >>88336020 points out.
>>
>>88339604
Each part of Canada is pretty similar to the area in the states below it. And the top half is like one giant Alaska.
We've got less crime, better education (no creationism bullshit), better healthcare (not perfect though).
Things cost more and its fucking cold.
Beautiful forests and vast expanses of unspoiled parkland.
Weed is widely accepted even in conservative places.

One thing we've got going for us is our politics are much less polarizing.
People still get opinionated on abortion, gun control, immigrants, and complain about taxes, but it's never portrayed in our media as an attack on our nation's soul.

I've spent a lot of time in the states. I really like it.
I'd like to travel to every part of the country eventually.
But everything is just more intense down there.
More guns, more fat people, more flags.

SO MANY COPS. That was one of my first impressions of the US.
The population is 10 times that of Canada, but it seems like they've got 30 times as many cops.
Or at maybe they are just much more visible.
I don't think Americans are aware of how literal the term 'police state' is. And it is so terrifyingly militarized.
>>
>>88341943
>>88342020

Please stay in your cancerous containment board.
>>
>>88344112
Scarborough is the only place in Ontario I've been to where random black and brown people will cripwalk up to you so they can hit on you while you're in line at the Cinnabon.
>>
>>88335246
i didnt realize numbah one was canadian
>>
>>88334960
except canadians are always shitheads

fuck the "teehee canadians are so nice and happy teehee sorry meme" bullshit. canadians are cunts, so are brits
>>
>>88349190
HEY EVERYONE, THIS ANON IS ADVOCATING RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION!
>>
>>88341943
>t. Russia hacked the elections somehow
Sure, let's just ignore the CIA when they're talking about anything other than Hillary's e-mails because Trump said so.
>>
>>88351319
Everyone already knows the Russians hacked email servers on both sides and only released the info that would help Trump win. That's what the CIA is reporting and it's getting spun by the flagrantly leftist media to imply the actual voting was somehow hacked which is ridiculous because that shit is all done offline. If they HAD used hackers to somehow "stuff" the tapes I expect they would have had Trump win the popular vote.
>>
>>88339385
>At the very least, no one will remember that Canada is a country in 50 years. The only reason anyone knows about us is because we have the USA shoved up our countries ass

I'm Australian, and I've watched Canadian tv shows my whole life, from the Littlest Hobo in the 1980s to science fiction and comedy shows today.
>>
>>88353781
Australia is like England's Canada so that computes.
>>
>>88335246
>actually written by canadian people

This explains a lot
>>
>>88335863
What are they like up in Yukon and Nunavut?
>>
>>88355209
There aren't any actual people there, just polar bears dressed as humans to fool you.
>>
>>88353781
>The Littlest Hobo
My absolute Negro.

There's a voice... that keeps on callin' me...
>>
>>88352254
Hillary fucks children anon, she fucks children. No amount of Russian hacking is going to turn heads away from that.
>>
>>88356932
Don't you have a pizza place to shoot up, little /pol/tard?
>>
>>88337159
>>88337273
T. Mr. Enter shitters
>>
>>88357189
You offering an acting gig?
>>
When can we gas Ontario?
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.