[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ honestly believes that because Rebirth is currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458367915556.png (50KB, 184x452px) Image search: [Google]
1458367915556.png
50KB, 184x452px
>/co/ honestly believes that because Rebirth is currently making DC sell more comics then Marvel and the fact that Marvel NOWer is under performing that this is going cause Marvel to change course and do some kind of Rebirth-esque relaunch at some point

As much as I would love this I don't see it happening. As toxic as the constant gimmicky events, variant-pandering, relaunch is SJW-pandering are, they are tactics that are still working, albeit less so as of late.

Even if the current bump in sales is only temporary it won't matter in the long run because as long as the Marvel marking machine is going strong with all its movies, TV shows, games, and other extended media, I don't see any reason for Marvel to change course. That complete market saturation of stuff making every fucking casual to be aware of the Marvel universe at large will always lead to good sales, even if they aren't always on top.

So I guess what I am saying is: how do we kill the MCU and break them off from Disney so that Marvel's comics division decides to shape up and stop pulling the same garbage that has made most of their books crap?
>>
>>88331943
Will Cho do an outrage on the latest Spider-Gwen issues?
>>
Hate to burst your bubble, but the big two have been re-booting every 10 years since the 80s.
>>
>>88331943
Easily, we first must find out what groups of people are going to watch the movie. Then we start to observe the trends of previous movies that they were into, what caused them to stop going to see those types of movies or franchise? Anything morally they're against? Then we create a red scare across the internet using those moral integrates that break the camels back. Once that happens the main audience will start to hear all the criticism and be more accepting of it due to conformation bias. Soon it would die out in America. The hard part is destroying the MCU overseas.
>>
>>88331943

I've been to five comic shops across three states since Rebirth started, and I'll just say what I've seen:

They all literally could not keep DC titles on the shelves and all the big-hitting Marvel stuff (Clone Conspiracy, Civil War II, etc) was pretty damn full. Even the shopkeeps were like "Holy fuck. No one wants to buy Marvel titles and fucking Titans is selling like crazy".

Don't let the Diamond numbers of titles shipped fool you: Marvel is not actually selling like it used to.

Whether it's like Nick Spencer says and it's just because we're all racist Trump supporters who hate change or if it's because of the fact that some sane, rational person at DC actually decided to use their marketing team and put out books that made sense from a sales perspective, I can't say.

Marvel has nothing to really worry about, what with the movies making bank and all. But their actual comics division needs a serious fucking enema at this point.
>>
>>88332140
So three times?
>>
>>88335905
At most it's because retailers bring in more comics than DC does to keep on the shelves. DC would be loudly proclaiming reprints if EVERYTHING was flying of the shelves. There aren't any reprints for the last few Titans issues, going by your ancedote, so either your sample size is bad or the retailers got literally exactly what they wanted out of what's listed on diamond.
>>
>>88335905
I see what you're saying, but I don't think the evidence backs up the conclusion. If a product sells out faster, it could mean it's selling better OR it could mean there were fewer to sell.

If Anton's Comic Shoppe stocks 10 marvel comics and 5 DC comics, and sells all 5 of the DC but only 7 of Marvel... Well, there might be no DC on the shelves, but Marvel is still selling better. Nahmean?
>>
>>88336077

There's numerous stories of other retailers out there sitting on Marvel titles. And it's no secret that Marvel counts the stuff they give to shops for free in their sales numbers. It's not to say that no one's buying Marvel comics, but I think even the average reader is done with the same comic being relaunched three times a year and all the other lame gimmicks that the House of Ideas keeps clinging to.
>>
>>88336212

But then the retailers themselves have been complaining about collapsing Marvel sales since last January. They usually keep to their own communities with the sales figures but now that buying Marvel has risked the financial stability of so many of their colleagues, they've come out of the woodwork to openly critisize current Marvel.

SJWs and Tumblr just are not a proper market no matter how loud they are. It was hard to imagine Marvel could get any shittier in terms of writing and art after Convergence but the new Tumblr-artists and writers somehow managed to find a new bottom inside the barrel bottom.
>>
>>88336393
I can't comment on any of that, I don't really follow the market. I'm just saying that you can't determine sales by looking at shelf space.
>>
>>88336480

But you can determine sales when retailers are saying they dont sell shit and are in financial troubles because Marvel is so shit.
>>
>>88336567
Then say that, don't talk about empty shelf space like it means something
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.