[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we get one accurate Spider-Man movie? Based off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

File: spidermanlarge.jpg (285KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
spidermanlarge.jpg
285KB, 1280x853px
Why can't we get one accurate Spider-Man movie? Based off the trailer and Civil War, Tom Holland is just playing a white Miles Morales. Is awkward ass Peter Parker too much to ask for? Did we really need ANOTHER rehash of the Raimi train scene? TASM2 did it with a bus.
>>
>>88317444
Peter showed character traits in that trailer, so he's clearly not playing Miles.
>>
>>88317444
Jew York City is too diverse for the all white cast of the original Spider-Man comics.
>>
>>88317461
What character traits specific to Peter did he show in that trailer?
>>
>>88317444
There is some rumors Donald Glover is gonna be Prowler/Hobie Brown.
>>
>>88317493
That has nothing to do with what I said. If Peter Parker has to be white, his supporting cast at least shouldn't be.
But none of Peter's supporting cast is there. You have Ned Leeds Ganke, Michelle, and Liz Allan, Liz Allan being an elevated role.
Flash Thompson has a bigger role in the Spider-Man mythos than Liz Allan, and we didn't even see him in the trailer.
>>
>>88317639
And?
>>
>>88317444
Are you blind, he's already awkward. Besides Miles is just a carbon copy of Peter anyway and Bendis can rot in hell
>>
File: spidermannomore.jpg (89KB, 710x299px) Image search: [Google]
spidermannomore.jpg
89KB, 710x299px
We already got accurate Spider-Man movies. They're called 1 and 2.

Seriously, tell me how they're not, outside of Spidey not making that many jokes (which honestly never seemed like an important part of his character to me, all of Stan Lee's 60s characters talked the same way, either funny guy or serious science man)
>>
>>88317699
He's awkward cause he was staring at Gwen and watching videos in class? That's regular shit.
>Miles is just a carbon copy of Peter anyway
He's not. The writer/director stole parts of Miles to make Peter more interesting/relatable, and that's not what I wanted to see.
I don't want to see a Peter Parker that has friends, goes to a private school, and has a character arc of him wanting to not be treated like a kid. That's all Miles shit.
>>
>>88317710
>Spidey not making that many jokes (which honestly never seemed like an important part of his character to me

I wish I could murder you through a computer screen.
>>
>>88317857
>Peter never had friends
Spotted the casual
>>
>>88317857
>private school
What?
>>
File: 838713.png (183KB, 500x979px) Image search: [Google]
838713.png
183KB, 500x979px
>>88317444
>Is awkward ass Peter Parker too much to ask for?
...Nigga he was awkward as fuck in both. It's why I'm interested.
>>
>>88317444
>Why can't we get one accurate Spider-Man movie?
Because if it was accurate to his original personality casuals like you would flip at it portraying him like as a school shooter waiting to happen.
>>
>>88317543
what character traits specific to Miles did he show in that trailer? other than "has asian friend?"
>>
>>88317857
>Peter has no friends
>Peter attends a private school
>op is blind as Fuck
You just outed yourself /tv/, delete your thread and try again
>>
>>88317444

I tried auditioning and made it to the top 7 and got cut. I would have done it.
>>
>>88318570
sure you did
>>
>>88318578

I did, thanks for rehashing.
>>
>>88317857
>I don't want to see a Peter Parker that has friends, goes to a private school
Nigga, if you're gonna troll, you need to get the facts right
>>
>>88318570
unless they were taking auditions for directors and producers I don't think you would have.
>>
>>88318570
Were you the anon who said he was going to audition for Spider-Man? I was rooting for that guy.
>>
>>88317444
>A white Miles Morales

....so Peter Parker? Miles is just a black Peter knock off.
>>
>>88317710
>Accurate

You've never actually read a Spider-Man comic, have you?
>>
>>88320491
he doesn't really tell any jokes or piss off other superheroes he works with though.
>>
>>88317857
>Peter doesn't have friends

Anon, read a fucking comic. You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

All you're doing is showing that you're a filthy turbo casual. You probably got 100% of your Spider-Man knowledge from the Raimi movies, didn't you?
>>
I guess OP really meant "not muh old peter parker"
>>
>>88320528
Why would he.
>>
>>88320531
Uhhh... Yeah he fuckin' does.

Typical Miles fan. Having never actually read a comic with Miles in it.
>>
>>88320531
Actually hes a blank fucking slate. Miles isnt a character, hes a vessel to piggyback on a brand name
>>
>>88320622
There are Miles fans, who are fucking idiots, and then there are Miles "fans" who pretend to like him and havent read a fucking thing
>>
File: 1453892263705.jpg (10KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1453892263705.jpg
10KB, 320x287px
>>88317879
Several Marvel characters have his same exact gimmick (Thing, Human Torch, Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon, Impossible Man, Star-Lord, 80s She-Hulk, Howard the Duck etc)

>>88320528
>>88320610

If you think cracking jokes makes Spider-Man unique perhaps it's you who should read his comics.

Now explain how the Raimi films aren't faithful
>>
>>88320871
Well for starters Raimi Peter isnt that technically gifted and didnt build web shooters. He displayed mild interest in science but never really went beyond that
>>
>>88320999
Also extremely soft spoken and timid. Not to mention looking like a fat faced 45 year old man.
>>
>>88320999
>Well for starters Raimi Peter isnt that technically gifted
Did you forget the entire reason why Osborn took a liking to him and caused a rift between Peter and Harry?

>didnt build web shooters
Who cares. You can accept Spider-Man having six arms for a while in the comics and other weird shit, but organic webs are a deal breaker?

>>88321053
>Also extremely soft spoken and timid.
Yeah, before he got his powers. Just like in the comics. Most of his sperg rants about being better than everyone were inner monologues.
>>
>>88321508
>Yeah, before he got his powers.
All the way up to spider-man 3?
>>
>>88321508
You also forget Peter and Otto needing out of theoretical science
>>
>>88321508
Except that was a story arc retard. And again, having an interest in science and actually displaying the ability to be scientifically gifted are two different things. Hell even Garfield Peter got that right to a degree (except for understanding how batteries work). So he and Osborn shared a moment, big fucking deal.
>>
>>88321643
So Raimi Peter taking science class with Curt connects and being regularly told he was gifted by Osborne/conners/octavius while havin intellectual conversations with all 3,even noticing a flaw in octavius experiment before he did ISNT demonstrating intelligence?Will you MCUFags just straight up ignore everything about that trilogy to deflect facts?
>>
>>88318183
Midtown is a private school in Homecoming.
>>
>>88318517
>casuals like you
I've read the original comics, I know Peter was an ass, that's what I want.
>>
>>88318611
What did I say wrong?
>>
>>88320578
Original high school Peter doesn't have friends.
>>
>>88317444
Why can't we get a live action Spider-Man who's an actual mature, confidant, and accomplished hero instead of a simpering little twerp in every movie?

Why do we have to bring him back to square one every few years?
>>
>he's like Miles Morales
>lel right he has asian friends and why aren't there more white guys???
lmao this thread
>>
>>88317444
>a white Miles Morales

that's basically Peter
>>
File: 1481412356159.jpg (39KB, 270x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481412356159.jpg
39KB, 270x256px
>>88323751
I agree with this Sophisticated Anon.
>>
>>88322854
>what is showing, not telling
>>
>>88323035
Is that in a trailer or something?
>>
>>88317444
You know, if you think Peter was always awkward you're only "/co/ familiar" with Spider-Man, which is to say you know the memes and have seen some pictures but never actually read any comics before.
People like that think that all of Peter's major storylines happened during his high school years too even.
>>
>>88323242
Original high school Peter hardly even had any storylines too.
Like, he had some iconic villains introduced, but every storyline you THINK happened to high school Peter happened while he was in college.
>>
>>88317444
>muh Raimi
God I hate you people.
>>
>>88324590, >>88324637
Seriously, this.
Fuckers don't even know that Peter Parker graduated in the 28th issue of his own series, before he even MET most of his expanded cast?
Hadn't even fucking met Gwen Stacy or Mary-Jane or Harry Osborn yet.
>>
>>88324590
This
>>
>>88322854
Oh you mean the part where Peter noticed a small object being sucked into the artificial sun and knew doing the exact same thing only bigger was idiotic which any moron with 2 eyes and common sense could do? Hell Peter during the final fight only thought far ahead enough to save MJ, and had zero fucking idea how to shut it down.
>>
>>88320578
>>88318553
Peter had no friends in high school. The closest thing he had was Betty who was just his love interest
>>
>>88324929
They retconned some in later on. I believe he probably did have a small circle of fellow 'nerds' and we just never actually saw them because usually when we saw Peter in school he was busy doing Spider-Man stuff and not interacting during lunch break or whatever.
>>
>>88324929
Both Liz and Flash realized they were being a dick to Peter.
>>
>>88323751
Yhea bro Spider-Man sure was confident after people in life die
>>
>>88321526
How was in awkward in the other two films

The entire point of the third one was the suit making him more confident while still being a douche
>>
>>88317444
>Tom Holland is just playing a white Miles Morales.
But Miles Morales is just black Peter Parker. Also Tom Holland doesn't have those broken electric and invisibility powers.
>>
>>88317640
Kinda nice not to get hammered in the face by the tired old blonde/redhead routine, though.

Nice to see that the writers remembered that Peter had other crushes.
>>
>>88325281
Its like you didn't even watch the movies. Just look at the fabled Spider-Man 2, where 80% of Peter's dialogue consist of "ummm", "uhhh" and "err". The guy can barely talk.
>>
>>88317444
Think about it this way.

It seems like Spidey saving a bunch of people by webs on both sides is now as iconic as Supes saving a crashing plane.
>>
>>88317444
>Why can't we get one accurate Spider-Man movie?
be honest, there is no such thing as an accurate medium adaptation, just a good adaptation. Name one adaptation that is a perfect 100% accurate adaptation.
>>
>>88323874
>that's basically Peter
It's really not.
>>
>>88317444
>White Miles
So Peter Parker but with less personality?
>>
>>88324590
If Peter wasn't awkward in high school, what was he? When did he become awkward?
>>
>>88324664
Are you fucking serious? I'm saying Homecoming needs to not copy Raimi. Learn how to read.
>>
>>88325048
>I believe he probably did have a small circle of fellow 'nerds' and we just never actually saw them because usually when we saw Peter in school he was busy doing Spider-Man stuff and not interacting during lunch break or whatever.

nigga that's a headcanon
>>
>>88327953
You're right, Peter's actually a character
>>
File: CNG5anbUAAAZdqG.jpg (108KB, 1024x626px) Image search: [Google]
CNG5anbUAAAZdqG.jpg
108KB, 1024x626px
>>88317699
>>88320491
>>88323874
>>88325347
>>88328099
>Miles Morales is just black Peter Parker.
>So Peter Parker but with less personality?
>that's basically Peter
>Miles is just a black Peter knock off.
>Miles is just a carbon copy of Peter
>>
>>88325048
>The thing about Peter Parker is that there was so much about him not to like. Indeed, he’s the kind of kid that most other kids who were typical readers would have, under ordinary circumstances, distanced themselves from in school. Think about it: He wore glasses, neatly pressed pants and sweater vests.

>He was a brain–the kind of guy who wrecked the grade curve.

>His aunt babied him and he let her.

>He whined constantly about all his problems.

>He never, ever, wanted to go out and have a good time. Instead, he was studying constantly.

>He wasn’t on any teams.

>Let’s face it. Peter Parker was not the sort of guy who anyone would have been friends with in real life.
>>
>>88328389
Its easy to get confused when you cant even describe Miles's character
>>
>>88328436
Because Miles isn't a character.
>>
>>88328521
My point exactly
>>
I don't understand, this movie looks great. Why is /co/ shitting on it so hard? It looks like Spider-Man is going to do fine in the MCU. Is this just epik /tv/ shitposting or what?
>>
>>88328704
they're focusing on the five named minority characters while completely ignoring the rest of the white people in the movie.

wouldn't chalk it up to /tv/ shitposting, /co/ has become that bad
>>
Tom Holland is cute
>>
>>88328171
>If Peter wasn't awkward in high school, what was he?
A standoff-ish asshole.
>>
>>88328171
He was awkward at first in high school but in the 12th issue he punches Flash unconscious in front of the entire school in a boxing ring and everyone noticed how ripped "Puny Parker" was and he kinda stops getting treated like a nerd and more like kind of a standoffish dick who refuses to socialize just because he refuses to socialize.

The standoffish dick part sticks around for years afterword; he's always bailing on people (including women, and there is not even one issue where he doesn't have at LEAST two chicks lusting after him at the same time) who try to to hang out with them and frequently when people ask where he was he gives a blatant lie or outright tells them to fuck off and mind their own business.

Peter is less of a hapless nerd for very long and more of a perpetual outsider; everyone wants to chill with him because he seems cool but he blows off everyone and doesn't bother to explain himself so everyone thinks he's a dick.

He comes across as "used to be a nerd, ended up being cool when he got older but still kinda has a mild persecution complex from back before".

Which is probably true; he mentally at first seems to think that everyone still hates him so fuck 'em right back.
>>
>>88328852
Pretty much.
He comes off across as that guy who's really smart and uses his wit to casually insult almost everyone he meets because everyone used to treat him like a nerd.
His relationship with Flash for years is Flash trying to make friends with him and then Peter blowing him off and calling him a stupid meathead.
>>
>>88328852
>>88328920
Thank you.
>>
>>88328704
Not my Spider-Man. Not my Peter Parker. Not my supporting cast.

And fuck that boat scene.
>>
>>88317710
The one mother fucker that needs to be quipping in these movies and you're saying its not a problem when he doesn't?

Motor mouth smart ass is Spider Man's trademark. It may not have been as in your face back in Stan's days, but the spider mythos have long evolved to make quipping a prime trait.
>>
>>88329531
This. Its how Peter dealt with things, not to mention it was a good way to get in his opponents head during a fight. Hell Goblin recognized Peter after the Superior arc because of a joke
>>
Why does he always have to be a spineless twerp or a child? Can't we have one movie where he is in college, living independently and not lusting after some girl...is that too much to ask?

My ideal spiderman movie would have him attending NYU in the 1970's, living by himself and confident in spite of his poor luck. Mysterio is the villain and black cat is love interest/thorn in his side. No Gwen, no MJ, no Osbourne but hints that they were (past tense) part of his life. Drop hints that his professor Miles Warren has a sinister secret. Boom movie.

...but, no! Goblins, Aunt May, sappy romance and high school crap in every movie.
>>
>>88329637
That and also the fact he's stronger than half the avengers but keeps fighting street level thugs.

At some point he needs to let out some jokes or it becomes too boring for him.
>>
>>88328920
Yeah part of his deal early in college was that Spidey and aunt may shit made him ignore everyone and blow them off, and then when he reenters the social sphere they all hate him, leaving him confused because he doesn't think they have a reason to.
>>
>>88330608
>That and also the fact he's stronger than half the avengers
"The Avengers" is vague enough to mean any Marvel character
>>
File: latest.jpg (66KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
66KB, 400x227px
>>88317640
They're drawing from other sources than the original ASM books. Liz Allan was a pretty big supporting character in that cartoon from a few years back
>>
>>88334195
That cartoon was literally the best spider-man cartoon ever

Peter and gwen, party girl mj, peter and is issues between superhero life and normal life, too bad it didnt continue
>>
>>88317444
> not Muh spiderman

Glad you won't be taken up a seat at the theatre anon
>>
>>88325241
Maybe if he could put a few years between him and those incidents he could be.
>>
Bendis is a fucking idiot

Is decision to kill off peter and replacing him with a shittier version was the last nail in the coffin of the ultimate marvel line of comics

No one actually likes miles
>>
>>88326345
but thats only after he lost his powers again
>>
>>88324514
>even noticing a flaw in octavius experiment before he did

thats showing dummy
>>
>>88324847
show me a single comic where Spider-Man says some science shit that isnt the same generic sci-fi science you are complaining about
>>
>>88328978

Peter would have been a school shooter if he didn't get spider-powers.
>>
>>88317444
>awkward ass Peter Parker

Yeah because the nerdy but handsome white guy hasn't been done to death. Fuck Hollywood "nerds"
>>
>so he's a white Miles Morales
>that's Peter Parker
>no Miles Morales has no character
oh ok so you're just comparing him to fucking nothing
>>
>>88339547
Miles is nothing
>>
Peter isn't even that awkward in the comics, everyone thinks the Raimi movie version of him is canon because they grew up with it when it's really nothing like the comic version.
>>
>>88328704
Why is /co/ shilling this movie so badly?
>>
everyone is saying to read the comics but there are so many spidey spin-offs and what look like reboots, where exactly does one start?
>>
Why is it that all those "life long comic fans" of Spider-man can't seem to agree on how he's supposed to act?

It's like you all read comics from different dimensions.
>>
File: Capture.png (172KB, 323x274px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
172KB, 323x274px
>>88317640

>and we didn't even see him in the trailer.
>>
>>88317444
>weh weh other people's efforts doesn't please me personally, weh weh.
>>
Hey gang!
What if!?...
No really, what if we
all of us, waited to criticise the movie until..

and this is the revolutionairy thought...

... until we had acutally SEEN it?
>>
>>88342434
>weh weh

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>88342480
You're obviously new here.

Although, if I had to justify it, it'd be that a preview is supposed to give a good indicator of what to expect, and what to expect doesn't look great. Same reason I don't watch WBB.
>>
File: shrugmeme.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrugmeme.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>88328398

Then the idea that he's the relatable everynerd kinda fizzles out. He was the guy who the other socially awkward geeks would hate. I don't wanna project myself onto the Peter Parkers of my high school, in that sense.

Making him a socially awkward nerdy kid who you still would've wanted to be friends with is definitely preferable.
>>
File: 1290859951536.jpg (164KB, 1350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1290859951536.jpg
164KB, 1350x255px
>>88342480
>>
>>88342572
Taste differs, I'm keen to watch this.
>>
File: 57.jpg (57KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
57KB, 449x442px
>Watch trailer
>It's a Miles movie in every single way
>They even took Ganke and gave him to Peter
>But they insist that they can't make a movie about Miles
>People will defend this
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.