[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is DC better at handling black characters? Marlel uses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Diggle-350x198.jpg (9KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
Diggle-350x198.jpg
9KB, 350x198px
Why is DC better at handling black characters?

Marlel uses the for controversy
>>
File: look who's nigga now.jpg (128KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
look who's nigga now.jpg
128KB, 800x534px
>>88315041
>better at handling black characters
>>
>>88315130
Proving my point, thanks
>>
>>88315130
Will Smith isn't black anon
>>
>>88315041
There are black DC characters?

>>88315130
Captain Coconut doesn't count, anon.
>>
Ah yes, I too enjoy Black Jimmy, Black Perry, Bally, black Iris and Batman's pair of house niggas
>>
>>88315130

holy shit i hate will Smith

that whole movie was the fresh prince of bel air with guns
>>
>>88315041
>ask a highly opinionated question
>provide your own opinion as an answer
Why did you even make this thread?
>>
>>88315041
casual reviewers pretty much said Black Panther in Cap: Civil War stole the show whenever he was on screen. Smooth, intense, driven, and expressive. Marvel's fucked some stuff up but based Russos came through.
>>
>>88317220
>hating will smith
>hating fresh prince
>>
>>88315041
DC has black characters? Oh right, that one guy in the Justice League that everyone would have forgotten about had he not replaced a character that people actually like
>>
>>88315041
Dc tried to listen to SJW cries
it failed.
they went back to not given a shit about SJW opinions and then suddenly their comic books sold more, smell better and their handling of black characters sounded less cringy.
Because in the end, despite SJW cries, Dc wasn't actually a nazi-racist-gender-biased monster, they were just a comic book publisher.
TL;DR version, they stop trying too hard to be cool with twitter generation and instead focus on telling goddamn stories like they were supposed to
>>
>>88315130
to be fair DC forgot how to make cape movies, but they been trying, anon.
>>
File: b73.png (389KB, 680x397px) Image search: [Google]
b73.png
389KB, 680x397px
>>88317976
>insulting the best green lantern
I think you need to leave.
>>
>>88317976
Go back to /tv/ if you are seriously this casual
>>
>>88315041
DC characters are so boring no one notice the difference to begin with
>>
>>88318315
Who gives a shit about movies? Seriously why do people even bring them up.
>>
>>88315041
Because it seems like they just tell stories that happen to have black characters in them instead of Marvel constantly beating you over the head with the race, religion, or world views of that character while the villains quietly get away or stand there to hear their entire tumblr speech.

Its 'inclusion' vs. 'pandering'.
>>
>>88318350
Aren't the two best ones the all new minority Lanterns? Has Stewart even been mentioned doing anything other than filling up space in a hand full of panels?
>>
>>88317921
If we are talking about comics DC > Marvel currently.

If we talking about movies Marvel > DC.

Until the SJW writers get taken care of or put under control in Marvel it won't change.

Until Snyder gets kicked off of DC there won't be many changes yet.
>>
>>88318464
But who cares about the movies?

Only people that dont read comics use the movies as some kind of measure of success.
>>
>>88318384
movies are the only thing that is keeping marvel comics in the market, and those Marvettes hate DC, so is only natural they bring in how awful Dc movies are.
Just let them have it anon, they need any ray of hope, you know?
>>
>>88315041
Because they don't use black characters as a commodity. They just have characters who also happen to be black and it works better. This is coming from someone who, until recently, read far more marvel than dc.
>>
>>88318497
OP's topic was open ended. Thanks for coming along and correcting the OP on what he should have added to it for the conversation to be valid.

Faggot.
>>
>>88315041
>Why
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.