[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In its conception, The Ultimate Universe was supposed to be its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

In its conception, The Ultimate Universe was supposed to be its own thing. Keeping the Hero's young, picking and choosing what made the heroes and villains great, combining some characters, and updating everything in general.

What went wrong?

Did they move too fast?

Why does Marvel have to combine universes all the time? Why are they so fucking lazy?
>>
Ultimate Spider-Man aside, it was hilarious edgefest.
>>
>>88297934
The Ultimate universe imploded under the weight of Millar bullshit
>>
They honestly need to completely redo the concept by pretty much adapting most of the MCU into a new universe, but make the heroes younger like they are in Ultimate.
>>
Marvel realized that the reason the main universe got bogged down was to writer incompetence, and that it couldn't be avoided

The ultimate u was supposed to he a sanctuary from dumb shit but eventually it got bogged down in dumb shit too so they dropped it
>>
>>88298040
>>88298049

It's honestly super shitty, they killed characters off so fast and then had to resort to YA DUDE HERE HE IS FROM A DIFF DIMENSION/UNIVERSE BRUH HE BACK.

At least the MCU tries to leave fates of characters oblivious like Red Skull. (Ignoring quicksilver)
>>
>>88298214
ambiguous**
>>
I really want him to just be a shitty magician at first who commits a crime and gets humiliated by Spidey. Then he somehow chances on the mindstone after Infinity war and BOOM.
He's actually a threat.
>>
It honestly wasn't all THAT bad until Ultimates volume 3, and then it really shit the bed with Ultimatum. There was absolutely no going back after that, but that was probably the plan all along anyway.
>>
>>88298214
Whats ambigious about killing Yellow Jacket?
>>
>>88297934
The true killer of the Ultimate Universe was time. The line was designed to be accessible to new readers, but after 10 years of stories, that just wasn't possible anymore.

Declining sales scared Marvel execs, so their decision was to greenlight Loeb's Ultimatum story. The rest is history.
>>
>>88298049
I thought they dropped it because Ultimatum happened and killed off a lot of potential stories for characters.
>>
>>88298413
Nothing at all but desu he wasn't a central marvel villain anyway. Look at Zemo, he's locked up. The actual mandarin could still be out there, he might not be though. Loki is either imprisoned or in disguise.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.