[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the actual fuck was editorial thinking with this? They had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2794.jpg (139KB, 640x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2794.jpg
139KB, 640x983px
What the actual fuck was editorial thinking with this? They had to know that no one wanted this, not even Cullen Bunn who apparently wanted it to be a buddy cop comedy series. No one reads Lobo to see a pretty boy being serious-face and being a stereotypical bounty hunter.

Just an amazing misreading of what the fans and the creatives want, from bottom to top and one of the worst miscalculations from editorial since Countdown.
>>
>>88292307
it's called "we want the DMC audience, because kids these days want this but we won't pay capcom any royalties".
they dun goofed of course.
>>
>>88292307
>No one reads Lobo

That's the point, Lobo is a shitty one note character.

If I was DC Nu-Lobo would stay and the whole dinamic should be him and regular Lobo trying to out-do each other killing, getting bounties, fucking girls, etc to figure out who will be the real Lobo
>>
>>88292307
I unironically liked him. I also kind of dislike original Lobo (2 90's4me) so I don't know if I count.
>>
>>88292651

>If I was DC Nu-Lobo would stay and the whole dinamic should be him and regular Lobo trying to out-do each other killing, getting bounties, fucking girls, etc to figure out who will be the real Lobo

That's what Bunn wanted to do, but editorial overruled him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VRqPM8B93E
>>
>>88292651
The sad thing is, nobo might have got fans if this happened.
>>
>>88292307
>What the actual fuck was editorial thinking with this?

The New 52 in a nutshell.
>>
>>88292307
someone at DC, most likely someone from editorial seemingly had a heavy hand in the constant rebooting of Lobo after flashpoint.

From the Liefield Lobo that can't act/look/feel even remotely similar to Lobo, to the completely neutered Lobo in Stormwatch, then to the Lobo with the edge dialed to 11 and all fun removed Nubo.

Only thing that could have saved Nubo at this point would have been old Lobo honestly busting through the barriers between dimensions in order to show him how to really be Lobo.
Think Lobos Bounty Hunting for Fun and Profit book but make it into a miniseries and replace the common joe with nubo
>>
>>88292307

new52 was about trying to reinvent some of their characters.

OG Lobo was a parody of his times, but is now seen as one of the worst examples of those times.

So they wanted to see what a Lobo for a new age would look like.
>>
Wonder if Slobo will eventually be returned to the Teen Titans
>>
File: tumblr_o40wuvTJux1ulpjkco1_1280.png (318KB, 832x678px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o40wuvTJux1ulpjkco1_1280.png
318KB, 832x678px
>>88292307
>Cullen Bunn who apparently wanted it to be a buddy cop comedy series
I would've bought the shit out of that or them being shitty brothers.
>>
>>88296131
Didio hates Slobo, so that's unlikely.
>>
If I was writing one of these series I would retcon nuBo as the New 52 version of Slobo.
>>
>>88296217
That seems like a random character to hate

It's like finding out Johns has a grudge against Rocket Red
>>
>>88292307
nuLobo would have been a great parody of modern pretty boy heroes but unfortunately the writers and editors were retarded and took the concept seriously
>>
>>88296357
> Again, not to harp on it, but in Young Justice - I'm sorry, but when you introduce a character called "Slobo"…[audience laughs] No - honestly - Lobo is a character that's dark, dangerous, edgy, and over the top. That's why Lobo is funny, not because he's a joke. When you make a Slobo character, it's not a good character. It's ruining something stronger. It ruined Lobo, in my opinion. It's selling a character down the river for a laugh, and I never want to do that. I never want to sacrifice a single character for a single laugh. At the end of the day, you do more damage than good. You may get one funny laugh, but you hurt the character in the long run, and that's not the right thing to do.
But Nubo on the other hand...
>>
>>88296357
>It's like finding out Johns has a grudge against Rocket Red
anon i have bad news
>>
>>88296207

>shitty brothers

That would've been fantastic. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck style, "I'll be the last Czarnian after I lure Nubo into this next fragalicious trap!"
>>
Higher-ups wanted movie synergy.

They wanted something more palatable for execs and screenwriters, just like how they wanted a clean slate to adapt from with the New 52 Justice League.

Clearly, it didn't work.
>>88296020
>OG Lobo was a parody of his times, but is now seen as one of the worst examples of those times.
[citation needed]
>>
>>88296306

From what Orlando has said in interviews for JLA, and from what Bunn has said about where the series was going to go if it wasn't cancelled, that's how we're gonna get the Main Man back.
>>
>>88292660
you don't
>>
File: tumblr_o0ym8bY8OK1ulpjkco2_1280.png (230KB, 665x505px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ym8bY8OK1ulpjkco2_1280.png
230KB, 665x505px
>>88296474
It could have been beautiful.
>>
>>88292651
>Opening scene of him drinking a martini, all smug and shit on his ship
>OldBo stops right next to him
>They slowly glance at each other
>Space race
>>
>>88296728
This
>>
>>88292660
>2 90's4me

You do understand that Lobo is a PARODY of 90's grimdark/edgy characters, right?
>>
>>88296546
In all honesty if they wanted and with a bit of fiddling with R.E.B.E.L.S. they could easily turn all these previous attempts at rebooting Lobo into failed Psion lobo clones
>>
>>88300870
Being a parody of the 90s doesn't magically make how 90s he is a good thing.

If anything that makes it worse
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.