[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can sort of understand giving the engines sentience, but why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: thomas trucks.jpg (106KB, 589x442px) Image search: [Google]
thomas trucks.jpg
106KB, 589x442px
I can sort of understand giving the engines sentience, but why give the trucks and carriages sentience?
And how come only SOME of the rolling stock is sentient? Gordon's coaches for example are just normal (to us) coaches, but Thomas' coaches are sentient with faces.

Do you think maybe it's "MAGIC"? And when machinery is built it just magically gets a face and becomes alive? Because I can see no reason why they would continue to give the trucks sentience, when all they do is fuck with the trains and intentionally try to cause accidents and just be little cunts in general.
>>
File: thomas_scrapyard_9403.jpg (27KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
thomas_scrapyard_9403.jpg
27KB, 478x318px
And when they scrap one, what happens with the face? Do they cut it off, and that's what kills the engine? Or do they just cut the engine up ignoring the face, and at some point the engine will succumb to it's injuries and die? And then what happens to the faces? Are they flesh? Do they bury them somewhere or burn them? Are they metal? Do they melt them down too?
WHERE is the sentience of the engine? Is it contained entirely within the face itself? Is there a brain and shit behind it protruding into the boiler area?
>>
>>88288272
If it has wheels, it feels.
>>
>>88288272
You're reading too much into it.
>>
>>88288349
you sound like my mum
>>
>>88288314
fanart or original?
>>
>>88288272
It's a personification of crappy inefficient British freight trains in the 1900s, literally
>>
>>88288344
Are roller-skates sentient in the TTTE Universe? What about shopping carts? Would making a tire swing be considered some kind of fucked up butchering of a living being?
>>
Just read into Shed 17
>>
>>88292560
No, I want canon answers
>>
>>88292464
That's an original. Haunting stuff.
>>
>>88288272
Wouldn't this lead to the train equivalent of "Human Centipede"?
>>
>>88293640
Does one shit into the next's mouth?

Then no.
>>
>>88288272
In the original books Gordon's coaches did sometimes talk, they just didn't have faces.
>>
>>88294167
They've given Henrietta and the break down train a face in the show now
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.