[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs the tv series JUST https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 6757897.png (403KB, 767x414px) Image search: [Google]
6757897.png
403KB, 767x414px
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs the tv series

JUST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrFUtDEynmc
>>
>>88280355
>cn
won't last through it season.
>>
hmm not bad.
>>
File: NCBy1uckvaqo1_250.png (67KB, 244x282px) Image search: [Google]
NCBy1uckvaqo1_250.png
67KB, 244x282px
Looks fun
>CN
I give it one season
>>
So is this in a universe where the food thing never happened, right?
>>
>>88280355
So, I'm guessing CN just has zero ideas for original cartoons now. We've reached the second dark age.
>>
>>88280355
The characters are definitely full of personality enough that a TV series would have worked. But the writing so far, sans the Garbage-Bot who is actually decent, just seems like re-hashes. I don't know why this couldn't have taken place after the 2nd movie where they live in a human-food harmony town. It would've allowed for a lot more silly side characters which cartoons fucking loved.

I also don't know why Flint's hair is black.
>>
>>88280355
How'd the mayor get out of jail?
>>
Flint Lampshade? Thought his name was Lockwood. How do you fuck that up?
>>
>>88280893
>Missing the joke
C'mon anon, it's for children.
>>
File: 1371718032246.png (141KB, 269x406px) Image search: [Google]
1371718032246.png
141KB, 269x406px
But Flin is such an unlikable character
>>
>>88280355
>Couldn't get any of the original cast
>The people they got don't sound close to the original cast at all.
>On CN for whatever reason

I don't see this lasting long.
>>
the movie designs could easily be used for a series, so this is a pretty poor showing
>>
>>88281074
They're gonna shove it off into the graveyard hours like every other show that isn't actually theirs or Hanna Barbera related
>>
>>88281083
They could have just went with the art style from the firsts credits scene ffs.
>>
>>88281115

Can't get in the way of the unstoppable juggernaut that is TTG
>>
>>88280560
Alternate universe.
>>
>Commissioned by Teletoon in Canada, the series will air on Cartoon Network in the United States, and on the Boomerang channel in other territories

none of that sounds good
>>
>>88281395
Now why in the world would Sony ask Canada to make a show based on their movie?
>>
File: 1472601159042.jpg (71KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1472601159042.jpg
71KB, 750x714px
>Hey guys I got our show greenlit!
>oh man who did you get to fun dit?
>CARTOON NETWORK
>Oh god n-
>This Saturday at 6AM its an all new episode of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs!
>>
>>88280355
Poor Flint, he has an inoperable tumor on the side of his head ;_;
>>
>>88281074
>>88281083
>>88281160
It's some non-canon shit where Flint and Sam are in high school together for some stupid "Execs think kids can only relate to kids in school" reason.
>>
Creativity is Dead
>>
File: Squidward.png (53KB, 130x350px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward.png
53KB, 130x350px
>>88280454
I give it 11 minutes.
>>
>>88282264
>Continuity doesn't matter because this shit is for kids!
They really underestimate people don't they
>>
cloudy with a chance of meatballs seems like it'd be super easy to spin off into a show, so why the heck is this so disappointing
>>
File: really boils those braincells.png (215KB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
really boils those braincells.png
215KB, 497x280px
what did they mean by this
>>
>>88283428
Don't act like your childhood didn't have based-on-movie shows that threw continuity out the window.
>Hercules
>Aladdin
>Emperor's New School
>Timon and Pumbaa

And of course movie-based cartoons that did a decent job at continuity:
>Lilo & Stitch
>Little Mermaid
>Tarzan

People in this thread acting like a studio is fucking bankrupt for doing this when it's fucking normal. What's bankrupt is shit like Yo Yo Yogi or The Robot Three Stooges. This, Lion Guard, Tangeld cartoon, that's fucking fine. It's dumb, but as a kid, I still enjoyed the Hercules cartoon.
>>
>>88283607
Aladdin didn't throw continuity out the window...
>>
>>88283607
I never said any of those were good either (outside Lilo and Stitch)
>>
>>88281160
Is there a better animated credits sequence than this?

https://vimeo.com/13904073
>>
>>88283623
Aladdin still dresses as a street rat.
There is an episode where they meet one of Genie's previous owners despite Genie saying he's been locked away for thousands of years.
And the fact that they had the entire second movie as a precursor to this to explain why Iago and Genie are suddenly back. But even then, Genie becomes a less powerful version of himself and therefore less useful so they can't just bullshit their way through all the plots.

It's definitely a watered down and "just fucking make it work" version of the first movie's ending if anything else. It's not as egregious as Hercules, I'll give you that.
>>
I don't know why, but that pickle thing cracked me up.

This will be cancelled and it's time slot used for more Teen Titans Go.
>>
>>88283282
Lol we're long past the dark age of making every property into a shitty rushed cartoon, count your blessings.
>>
>>88283607
Even as a kid I was bothered by cartoon shows throwing movie continuity out the window.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.