[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shows that could go / be brought back for another 10 seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

>>
inb4 the Simpsons
>>
File: sad9.jpg (90KB, 661x575px) Image search: [Google]
sad9.jpg
90KB, 661x575px
>>88274927
It's a shame it has to end now, but I'm kind of glad it is because it'll never go to shit.
>>
>>88274927
yeah I could see enjoying this forever
but on the flipside, it's the kinda show that I never want to rewatch, because the whole fun is the ride.. just kinda watching "a regular show episode" happen.
>>
>>88274927
Adventure Time.

People complain non-stop about this or that but there's just something about it you can't get from any other show. I'm really going to miss it.
>>
>>88275042
It's been on for 8 seasons and hasn't yet.
>>
>>88275395
I know dude, but every cartoon goes to shit if it goes on too long. It's just a sad but necessary thing.
>>
>>88275042
>Gravity falls
>>
you could bring back that korra thing or uncle grandpa or steven universe or even the recent powepuff show and i wouldn't mind because i don't watch cartoons
>>
File: rigbymordecai.png (135KB, 469x533px) Image search: [Google]
rigbymordecai.png
135KB, 469x533px
Dipped in quality in late season 5 and all of season 6 but it wasn't nearly bad enough for me to stop watching. I was just fine with them reusing the same formula because the characters were still the same (excluding Thomas) and it felt like they were naturally developing into something, like Mordecai and Rigby being mad at Benson in one episode because they were trying to work and he wanted them to eat his chili. Not to mention I really like the characters anyway, they're dynamic is great. The jokes stayed the same throughout the show, the only thing that dipped in quality was their motivation to make non-romantic episodes for a little while.

I wouldn't mind if 9 seasons went by and Season 10 was what we're getting for Season 8. Even if it did go just a little bit to shit it would still be enjoyable and nowhere near the decline as, the common example, post movie Spongebob had on it's former self. It would take a lot for the show to go to shit, like going completely into romance, dropping less jokes, reusing stories, one-note plot lines, etc. JG still had some ideas left, and it was obvious in Season 7.

Season 8 did have some fuck ups though, but a few storyboarders said it was hard to write this season. It wasn't because they were tired of working on the show and were just getting it over with, it's because it was an entirely new story, setting, and they had to play the characters off of the new situation. It seemed at first like it was just really shit and time for the show to end, but they're still trying and it ended up having some gems mixed in.

I will miss these characters, too an extent even Muscle Man and Starla.

2 more seasons wouldn't have been that bad, but I'm sure something would be brought in that bogged the show down if it went to 20 seasons. I can't imagine the show making it that long, I'd imagine 13-14 seasons before things really got noticeably bad.
>>
File: propane.png (96KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
propane.png
96KB, 400x366px
>>88274927
>>
What happened to the latent homo lust that seethed through the first two seasons?
>>
>>88277394
That was friendship, and it was during the time the writing was fresh and they wrote the characters first and foremost, with whatever was happening as just something to have the characters play off of. Now they're somewhat more bland and trying to do their own things.
>>
>>88275189
you can rewatch the ol good episodes again you know
>>
>>88277504
They were gayer than Oscar Wilde.
>>
>>88276728
You know where you are, right anon?
>>
File: 1382251287499.gif (904KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1382251287499.gif
904KB, 427x240px
>>88274927
>wanting 10 seasons of anything
>wanting 10 additional seasons on top of the ones you already have
okay dude.......
>>
>>88277799
yes friend, i am on the 4Chan, a notorious stomping ground of ne'er-do-wells and trols

are you similarly aware of your surroundings?
>>
>>88276914
Agreed
>>
>>88277394
seconded. show went to shit when they no homo'd their way into making the straightest show of the decade
>>
File: WHY, ANON (S06E05).png (716KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
WHY, ANON (S06E05).png
716KB, 842x473px
>>88276914
>not liking Starla
JUST--
>>
>>88276914
>Season 8 did have some fuck ups though
Such as?

>It seemed at first like it was just really shit and time for the show to end, but they're still trying and it ended up having some gems mixed in.
Yeah, the first episode or two I actually liked, but then for a couple episodes I thought it was really awful. And the whole thing felt like they had totally jumped the shark.

But fortunately, it got better. And learning it's the final season put everything in context.

Really it's not much different than most Regular Show seasons I guess. Maybe a little worse, but every season RS has had several episodes that I felt were entirely unnecessary and very mediocre and forgettable.

The one thing I don't like about this season besides the couple of bad eps is that some of the humor is different than usual, a lot of it seems forced and bandwagon-y and unoriginal. It's not the typical subtle stuff that RS has been really good at.
>>
>>88278281
>hurr durr gross sloppy makeout joke 24/7
>>
>>88274927
Moral Orel pls
>>
>>88278281
>too an extent
>>
>>
File: Bearclap.gif (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bearclap.gif
1MB, 1024x1024px
Provided it goes back to the courtroom focus and has less wacky office sitcom shenanigans.

Also Colbert is a must
>>
Mordecai dumps Rigby when, Season 16?
>>
File: batman-bold-beginnings-team.jpg (38KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
batman-bold-beginnings-team.jpg
38KB, 600x335px
i wish this to come back and go on forever
>>
>>88275042
It's been shit for three seasons minimum
>>
File: 5zUG1E.gif (613KB, 384x212px) Image search: [Google]
5zUG1E.gif
613KB, 384x212px
>>88281349
aquaman has never been more of a badass than in BnB...also the last episode was hillarious.

I miss it.
>>
>>88279280
What show is that?
>>
>>88274927
>give us a raise, loser

This show was really something for its time, shame it ended back in 2013 but aleast it never went bad.
>>
>>88284803
It's airing it's last season now, anon.

(inb4 it was a joke)
>>
>>88284947
it was though
>>
>>88274927
early RS was fantastic

I dont remember feeling some dissapointment until the Margret's sweater episode (or somewhere around there)
>>
I want more Clarence...
>>
If it wasn't for the fact the finale could suffer from the show dwindling in quality, I wouldn't mind it going on for a really long time. If it got to shit, I could drop it and come back for the finale, or maybe it would be like post movie spongebob, where it goes to shit, but there's a few acceptable episodes. There's only one risk, and it'd be a big one, if it went too much longer the series finale could fucking suck and give no closure. Gravity Falls just barley gave me closure, but it wasn't because the quality dwindled from going too long, it was because it was rushed. It was very fucking one-note. Given enough time, RS would be the same way.

JG is a cool guy, but no one can keep a steady show for 20 or so seasons, with almost 40 episodes each. I have to commend him for keeping my interest this long, I worried when season 5 was announced that something was going to go wrong, a new writer, JG maybe going like Stephen Hillenburg, anything. I'm glad it stayed more or less the same.

After January my life will have a void that can't be filled, but it's my fault for getting so attached to the show for 6 years. I'm more attached to this show than Gravity Falls, and it kept me on edge until after A Tale of Two Stans, I was a part of the theorizing community on here, I was pumped for almost every episode, but it never gave me the relaxing charm RS has, at least not after Season 1 (GF) but that's not necessarily bad. I love plot and action, but being able to just relax with these characters is nice too. It's a shame S1 of GF had a few obnoxious ones, like The Deep End. Mabel's story at least.

Anyway, I could see this show going to 12 exact seasons, 40 episodes each like all the seasons before this one (excluding the first 2). After that, things would show up. Bad things.

I'll miss it, I really will, and I know J.G. wasn't all out of ideas yet, it showed. Fuck man, I wish more people liked it on here, it sucks being one of the few who actually feel something for it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.