[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that the second season of this show feels better yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 137730_0129-970x545.jpg (170KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
137730_0129-970x545.jpg
170KB, 970x545px
How is it that the second season of this show feels better yet very different than the first?

Like looking back at the first season it is amazing how many characters I just forgot about, like Britney, Alfonso, Ferguson, and that school for princesses.
>>
>>88274240
from inter-dimensional adventures to shipping drama
>>
>>88274240
missed opportunity not making Brittney evil magical girl counterpart
>>
>>88274240
When has the first season of a cartoon show ever been superior to the later seasons?
>>
>>88274290
So Adventure Time?
>>
>>88274328
Rick and Morty so far.
>>
>>88274328
MLP fans will argue that.
>>
>>88274328
Oh and Gravity Falls. Remembered that just as I hit enter for my above post.

Coincidence that both Roiland and Hirsch are good friends and second season hacks? Maybe not.
>>
>>88274328
Steven Universe. Many will argue Gumball "before he got mean". Foster's Home.
>>
File: 1466319729880.png (391KB, 800x733px)
1466319729880.png
391KB, 800x733px
Season 1
>magical girl adventure show
Season 2
>stupid shipping drama where autists obsess over the relationships of fictional children
>muh deep lore!
EVERY
MODERN
CARTOON

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>88274328
Regular show
>>
>>88274384
>second season hacks
Rick and Morty season 2 wasn't that bad.
Gravity Falls could've been better if Alex didn't literally give up halfway and stopped caring.
>>
>>88274418
>Many will argue Gumball "before he got mean".
Many are wrong.
>>
>>88274328
More often than not that is actually the case though, since there's the novelty factor to be counted in, and /co/ in particular is very fickle and get bored easily.
>>
>>88274455
I liked the human world adventures this season, like ironically the Marco centered stories that don't involve magic are like the best like the Red Belt and Pizza episodes.
>>
>>88274455
>cartoons audiences are simple-minded and easily amused.
News at 11.
>>
File: downloadfile.png (408KB, 1280x1371px)
downloadfile.png
408KB, 1280x1371px
>>88274240
I think characters like Brittney and Alfonso most likely won't be heard from anytime soon. They seemed to have served their purpose of giving the show some world building or what not.

Also this is a great ship
>>
>>88274328
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>>
>>88274328
Courage
>>
>>88274240
Its getting rid of the stupid characters that helped a lot

but I think another big improvement is that we don't have a joke villain anymore

Ludo was probably one of my least favorite things about season one, I mean he had like one or two moments but was mostly just lame and boring never felt threatening or interesting but in season two he is fucking great
>>
>>88274455
Drama is what brings attention and money,anon,especially when it involves autists
>>
Should I bother catching up on this show?
I watched the first episode and it was cute and stuff
Is it good?
>>
>>88274792
First season is okay, but Season 2 honestly gets way better since it gives more weight to the main characters.
>>
>>88274240
I think they had to hit a lot of bullet points for disney to allow it, and once they were settled in they could relax and be cooler
>>
>>88274455
It's a much better magical girl adventure show now though. before it was just HAHAHA SILLY FIGHTS it's over we won heehee
absolutely no weight or depth, just silly goofemups.
now theyre making a modicum of an attempt at serious action, drama, stuff like that. Not to the point of becoming a serious show, unfortunately, but still
>>
>>88275241
B-But it's no longer Comfy!! ;_;
>>
>>88275241
what would you consider a serious show?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.