[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ movies/2016/12/08/exclus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 33

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/12/08/exclusive-sneak-peek-spider-man-homecoming-first-look-new-photo/95058230/

>>We’ve already seen five big-budget Spider-Man films. Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie.
>>
>We’ve already seen five big-budget Spider-Man films. Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie
Spider-Man 2 had Peter losing his powers for half of the film though.
>>
So we getting Birdman or Batman jokes with Keaton?
>>
As a long time Spider-fag, I have no interest in this movie. Every bit of news that comes out is just more proof that it's going to suck.

So, enjoy it shills and casuals, it's being made for you.
>>
Iron Man 3 but with Spider Man.

Capekino is truly upon us.

Also Spider Man 2 was a Peter Parker movie because Spider Man was barely in that piece of shit
>>
>>88263491
I agree. I just don't see what this Spider-Franchise can do to revitalize the brand. The Raimli trilogy was iconic and is still being remembered, and even though the AMS suffered, it still did some moments like rescuing the kid from the car and Gwen's death.

This new film just feels MCU manufactured and using the fact that it's in the MCU as the reason it exists instead of making a true Spider-Man film.
>>
>>88263414
Spider-Man is finished. I never thought they'd mess up a movie about him so badly. Bigger hubris than Hillary.
>>
>>88263603
People will still say it's the best version of the character ever. I can see the Moviebob video now.
>>
I asked the monkey's paw for a Spider-Man whose costume didn't suck

At least I got my wish
>>
Really bothered by the pitwebs being spun into those dumb glider wings.
>>
>>88263463
Beetlejuice jokes
also I agree with >>88263491>>88263532
it just feels like a lame cash-in even worse than ASM2
>>
>>88263414
>Peter Parker movie
DROPPED
>>
you're welcome
>>
God, I can't wait see the fucking tears. It will be glorious.
>>
File: Uncle Ben.jpg (16KB, 720x460px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Ben.jpg
16KB, 720x460px
>>88263414
>>
>>88263458
Just like erectile dysfunction
>>
>>88263685
What other purpose could they possibly have?
>>
>>88263725
I still hate the suit.

Too much black in the wrong places, not enough in the right places, pointless lines, pointless camera lens eyes and the logo is way too small.
>>
>>88263761
The look cool. That's the canon reason, Pete likes how they look but they rip easily and he rarely has the time to fix them.
>>
>>88263685
Like one anon said he's in Washington DC for some reason and there's nowhere to swing to except the Monument

So Stark gives him a suit that glides
>>
What a crock of shit. Spider-Man 1 and 2 were about as close to the Lee/Ditko comics as you can get in a film, this looks like some poser watched Spectacular and read the first couple trades of Ultimate and thinks they know everything about Spider-Man.

>>88263491
Yeah. The hype for this reminds me of all the hype for ASM2 because Emma Stone was wearing the outfit from Night Gwen Stacy Died and Spidey's costume changed to the classic style from the trash in ASM1.

It's just a bunch of surface level crap that doesn't matter if the actual movie and the people behind it are idiots.
>>
>>88263789
This is by the MCU minds not Sony though.
>>
>>88263807
MCU has made plenty of shit films, that means absolutely nothing
>>
>>88263414
>>>We’ve already seen five big-budget Spider-Man films. Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie.

Oh fuck off, the first trilogy was all about Peter Parker, fuck it was almost perfect!
>>
>>88263491
The only thing I don't like is the supporting cast. I understand they want diversity and shit, but Flash should always be a big tough bully to a puny Parker. That dynamic is what makes Peter get his just desserts when he fucks with Flash after he gets his power. Now little white boy is gonna be fucking with some fat little latino?

Zendaya is a great actress but I certainly hope the rumors of her being MJ aren't true. MJ has always been a white redhead and there's no need to change that. If she's an OC, that's awesome.

They should have had a Gwen Stacy and a Osborne too for his group of close friends.
>>
>>88263858

Zendaya came out not too long ago to say she isn't playing MJ
>>
>>88263787
From the article, it seems that the suit could always glide.
>>
>>88263807
And? "MCU" isn't a group of people. The only person involved from Marvel is Kevin Fiege, and that doesn't mean anything because half of the MCU movies have been trash too.
>>
>>88263414
When are we getting a movie about 80s-90s Spider-Man?
>>
>>88263902
Abrams lied about Cumberbatch and Khan.
>>
>>88263807
This is a Spider-Man film that was rushed out in 1 and a half years. I strongly doubt it'll have much merit beyond the same manufactured feel.
>>
>>88263858
Please don't do Harry Osborn again. That plot is so overdone.
>>
>>88263978
What benefit could they possibly have from hiding the fact that she's MJ? With Khan it hides the entire twist of the plot.
>>
>>88264016
No matter how many times you keep repeating it, it won't come true.
>>
>>88263414
Spider-man's screentime in ASM2 was really minor compared to how much of it was "Peter Parker."
>>
I think the big red flag for me is how tight lipped everyone is about this film. I mean, James Gunn and Taika Waititi have been very open about their films next year. Showing off a lot of the process and answering questions. Spider-Man Homecoming has been extremely tight lipped.
>>
>>88264053
They are shamed about fucking up their own mascot.
>>
>>88263902
Michael Bay lied about Megatron being in the TF movies
>>
>>88263458
For no reason. This ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>88263414
At least Spidey is hot.
>>
File: fsXNGva.png (73KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
fsXNGva.png
73KB, 500x274px
>>88263532
>Gwen's death.

Are you fucking serious? That shit was awful in ASM2. Can you get any more on-the-nose than the web turning into a hand?

Stacy's death is something that needs to be built up to much better than ASM or any of the movies, I would say, is capable of doing. It's an action that carries the weight of history for the characters and you can't get that in approximately three and a half hours of film. Same problem with all the Marvel movies - the stakes don't matter and they know it, so they come off as goofy more often than not. Same problem with the DC films - they try to force stakes and weight and it feels, well, forced. Manufactured.
>>
>>88264040
Fear of backlash
I only watch the Cap Marvel movies but I had a lot of hope for this if I hear it's good I'll watch but if it's mixed forget it.
>>
>>88264116

>You can't built up to a death in the length of a movie.

Of course you can. It's just a matter of good writing.
>>
>>88264134
If they were afraid of backlash, they wouldn't have cast her as the character, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>88264053

That's because SM:H is a collaboration between two different studios. Its not just a Marvel movie, its a Sony movie too.

Its more bound up in red tape than these things usually are. On top of that, Sony is pretty sensitive about leaks these days. That's what happens when your servers get leaked like twice a year 4 years in a row.
>>
>>88264116
The thing is, Gwen's death will never have meaning in the films because everyone knows it is coming. You act like 3 and a half hours was not enough, but then what is? Having more scenes of Gwen and Peter just googly eyeing each other isn't what makes the death any better.
>>
>>88264156
>
They don't care if you like it not see the rest of the fucking cast
>>
>>88264116
>web turning into a hand

That was great, sorry that you like generic over style
>>
This movie is going to hinge on Keaton's performance.
>>
>>88264249
How many big name actors has Marvel used as the villains? And how many of them left a lasting impression?
>>
>>88264256
Spidey villains are very, very different. They're street level with big budget.
>>
>>88263458
>Spider-Man 2 had Peter losing his powers for half of the film though.

It also had him barely able to talk with all those "um" and "uhh" and "err" lines.

I'd hardly call that a "Peter Parker movie".
>>
So is the chilly reception to Spider-Man movies that he is firmiliar so people know where it deviates in feel, while less popular characters instead get redefined by their film incarnations such as Blade or Iron Man?
>>
>>88263789
>Spider-Man 1 and 2 were about as close to the Lee/Ditko comics as you can get in a film

You've never actually read any of those comics, have you? If you did, you'd know they're pretty fuckin' far off.
>>
>>88263532
>and is still being remembered

Yeah, by the most casual of casuals.

The people who say:
>OMG GUISE! I'M A SUPER HUGE SPIDER-MAN FAN!!
>MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME
>Comics? Why the fuck would I read those?
>>
>>88263414
>Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie.
Please no. I don't care for that fucking crap. I fucking hate high school. If I wanted teen drama I'd watch fucking romcoms. Adult Parker drama is ok because it's usually more high stakes than "omg how can I talk to this girllll" and shit. Give me one fucking good adult Parker movie for once.
God I hate everything.
>>
>>88264116
But I thought you like cornyyy
Just like those oh-so-beloved-by-/co/ Raimi films
>>
Is the trailer coming out today?
>>
>>88264353
You don't want Peter Parker playing tennis with Flash Thomson and bouncing around in living quarters while in a tangle of different people in love with him, sneaking out of Harry's flat to spider shit up?
>>
>>88264347
>>88264377
Do you ever shut up, you whiny annoying faggot?
You shit up every fucking thread, kill yourself already.
>>
>>88264427
Go fuck yourself faggot, MCU is reviled on the chans do to le counterculture meme so a little Raimi hate is refreshing
>>
>>88264427
This thread has been fucked since post #3, you mongoloid.
>>
>>88264383
2nite
>>
>>88264383
Tonight during Jimmy Kimmel
>>
People are being overly cynical just so that they can seem like they were more perceptive than others later when they shit all over it, or as a defense mechanism so they aren't let down like we have been for a while now. But I can guarantee at the very least it'll be fucking LEAGUES better than TASM 1&2
>>
>>88264443
No, you go fuck yourself with your shitposting.
Just die already.
>>88264458
I don't give a fuck, you son of a AIDS-ridden whore.
I'm tired of seeing this particular autist everywhere, and want him to kill himself already.
>>
>>88264387
Not if it's some snot nosed kid. I can't stand fucking teenagers.
>>
File: 1476487313791.jpg (73KB, 511x559px) Image search: [Google]
1476487313791.jpg
73KB, 511x559px
>>88264475
>>88264470
>mfw I watched that fucking garbage last night thinking "tomorrow" meant midnight
>>
File: 1468200301155.jpg (9KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1468200301155.jpg
9KB, 257x196px
>>88263414

>Secret identity is a big important thing for Peter
>every movie he takes off his mask right in the middle of the street
>>
File: Spiderman_cry.jpg (77KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman_cry.jpg
77KB, 300x338px
>>88264484
>implying single person
lol, kys you pathetic faggot
>>
>>88264530
Is Peter Parker not also a mask?
>>
>>88264142
It seems that most of the faggots around here (and the "critics" online) have literally forgotten that films are their own medium and shouldn't be looked at as periodicals.

Too many critics actually believe the "You can't built up to a death in the length of a movie" bullshit. As if hundreds of incredible movies didn't exist before 2008.
>>
>>88264541
>trying to claim "n-not the same person", when it's painfully obvious you're a samefag
>calling anyone pathetic when your every post is crying and throwing a temper tantrum because someone dared to like Raimi's movies
Just donate your organs to science and kill yourself.
>>
>>88264477
It would certainly be very hard to be worse.

Personally I don't mind the cynicism here so much. The MCU has only really let me down with Ironman 2 and Age of Ultron, so while I'm a little skeptical of Sony's involvement, I'm pretty confident it'll be good. If anything /co/ will end up liking the movie even more due to lowered expectations, kind of like what happened with Ant-Man (remember all the hate that was getting before release?)
>>
File: that shit is mysterious.jpg (65KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
that shit is mysterious.jpg
65KB, 560x407px
>>88264578

2deep4me
>>
>>88263458
>implying that Raimi's guy under the Spider-man was Peter Parker
Just go.
>>
>>88264530
hasn't he constantly changed in and out of the spidey suit in public places?
>>
>>88264443
>le counterculture meme
You mean, bullshit buzzword you idiots are trying to push to discredit any opinion you disagree with?
>>
>>88264602

Sure, but generally he takes caution not to be seen by anybody instead of just standing there out in the open with his mask off like he's posing for a photograph
>>
The Raimi movies are shit, I say this as a life long Spider-fag

This MCU Spider-Man seems like it's going to be much more shit, fucking putrid, this is making those crappy movies look good by comparison because this is just more MCU crap

Fuck you all, fuck everybody in this thread, you're all cancer
>>
>>88264325
I grew up with them, m8e. I'm not talking about in terms of tone or style, I mean the actual story and themes.

The only thing that didn't fit was basically all of Green Goblin in the first movie.
>>
>>88264589
Solid point, i suppose i shouldn't mind cynicism so much either considering how long i've been coming to 4chan.
>>
>>88264589
Ant-Man is not Spider-Man...one of the most beloved comic book characters of all time with the biggest fanbase

Ant-Man is a literal who compared to Spider-Man, it is not comparable
>>
>>88263414
>Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie.

Dropped. If I pay for a Spider-Man movie I want fucking Spider-Man. Rename it Peter Parker: Homecoming if you're going to do that shit.
>>
>>88264040
>With Khan it hides the entire twist of the plot.

Some twist that was. Apart from him being Khan, what changed for the characters? John Harrison could've done all those things Khan did.
>>
>>88263414
>We're still going with this piece of shit costume.

God has abandoned Spider-Man.
>>
File: Darmok, his phaser power on full.gif (1010KB, 233x226px) Image search: [Google]
Darmok, his phaser power on full.gif
1010KB, 233x226px
>>88265870
Super blood nigga

What would have been far more fucking interesting would have been if John Harrison was one of the other augments from the Botany Bay. Khan's still out there frozen, but in this divergent timeline it was a different augment who gave them shit.

But nah, gotta appeal to that specific "lol I'm such a nerd" crowd who know of Khan because of the KHAAAAAAN meme, but nothing else.

That's where the money is at.
>>
>>88265958
> if John Harrison was one of the other augments from the Botany Bay. Khan's still out there frozen, but in this divergent timeline it was a different augment who gave them shit.

Yeah, exactly my point.
The Khan thing was just sorta there for people to say "I know this character".
>>
File: Bazinga.jpg (41KB, 533x365px) Image search: [Google]
Bazinga.jpg
41KB, 533x365px
>>88265992
Forget it Jake, its Bazingatown.
>>
>>88264029
If they ever cast Harry again he should be nothing but a loyal friend
>>
>>88266174
What is the different between Big Trouble in Little China and Chinatown?
>>
>>88264427
>Being this mad.

I'm guessing that the type of person being described in >>88264347 is actually you.
>>
>>88264292
I think your expectations are way too high.
>>
>>88264427
>>88264484
Is being a uber casual and moviefag and getting called out on it truly that painful, anon?

Top kek, indeed.
>>
File: f17.png (12KB, 371x365px) Image search: [Google]
f17.png
12KB, 371x365px
I don't care about these movies anymore but I will say that there are multiple interpretations of Spider-Man,so to say that they want to make a Peter Parker movie is understandable.
>>
>>88264578
Uhh... no.

He isn't fuckin' Batman you casual knob.
>>
>>88264347
Then I guess they should start reading Dan Slott's stuff.
>>
File: nicolas-cage-laugh.jpg (49KB, 1000x545px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-cage-laugh.jpg
49KB, 1000x545px
>>88264587
>being this wrong
>being this mad
>>
>>88263779
>pointless camera lens eyes
Can you just die?
>>
>>88264858
>The only thing that didn't fit was basically all of Green Goblin in the first movie.

Raimi's interpretation of both Peter and Spider-Man are so far off from the source material that he might as well be an entirely different character.

If you read the Lee/Ditko stuff (which you clearly did not), you'd know this.

So stop with the "I totes know the comix, I was wee lad when they were hitting le courner newsstand!" nonsense. You're fooling literally no one.
>>
Jesus christ this looks bad
>>
>>88265609
>being this casual
>>
>>88265870
>Some twist that was.

Its a reflection of the movie as a whole. Like all of Abrams' movies, it was a monstrous turd. An over polish turd with lots of lens flairs. But a turd all the same.
>>
>>88266297
Then why is he a super-rich ultra-genius guy funding a team of superheroes with his wealth while patrolling the streets of his home city as a masked vigilante and can take out men many times stronger than him using bullshit overpowered strategy?
>>
That line's so cunty I'm surprised it didn't come from Brevoort himself.
>>
>>88266251
>too high
Yeah, they should be street level.
>>
>>88263463
Preferably both
>Adrian's prototype is a bat
>Spidey keeps calling him Birdman
>>
>>88266219
one has Kurt Russel, the other has Jack Nicholson
there are other differences, but that's the one that matters
>>
File: 1459311184684.png (74KB, 253x196px) Image search: [Google]
1459311184684.png
74KB, 253x196px
>>88264142
>You can't built up to a death in the length of a movie
>you can't put topics or scenes that could trigger people
>the MC has to be likeable and always do right even if he is a villian, otherwise it means the characterization was badly done

fucking eternal mouse, killing cinema one movie at a time.
>>
>>88266335
Most of Slott's readers are those types of people.

A majority of current readers started with Superior Spider-Man and jumped on when they heard all the former readers were pissed.

There is a reason why you hear so many people saying that Superior is their favorite version of the character: because its literally the only version they know outside of the movies.
>>
>>88266513
>not being able to tell the difference between an Iron Man knock off and Batman

How new are you?
>>
>>88264142

>You can't built up to a death in the length of a movie.

Marvel faggots everyone
>>
>>88266823
No, this is just faggot, in general. This isn't exclusive to Marvel.
>>
>getting another great spider-man movie
>people mad as fuck

lol
>>
>>88266913

The last 3 were shit my man and this one sounds awful
>>
>>88263491
I feel the same. I was excited after it was announced he's in the MCU but the movie just seems to get more stupid by the minute. It feels exactly like before ASM2 came out but it's ok when Marlel does it.
>>
>>88266467
Yeah, the 14 seconds we've seen sure looks like shit.
>>
>>88263789
>Raimi series is a better adaptation than Spectacular
Anon, I love the Raimi series, but you're being retarded.
>>
>>88264530
He now has Barry Allen to compete with in the "who can take unnecessarily take their mask off in public" competition
>>
>no violence allowed
>"peter parker" not "spider-man"

lel this is going to be a disaster
>>
>>88263858

>MJ has always been a white redhead and there's no need to change that.

"It's how we've always done things," says the gas companies to the electric car owner.
>>
>>88263858
>Zendaya is a great actress but I certainly hope the rumors of her being MJ aren't true.

>People STILL think Zendaya is playing MJ, regardless of how many times people from the movie say it isn't true.

You faggots realize this rumor came from El Mayimbe, right? The same guy who said Asa Butterfield was 100% confirmed to play Peter in Civil War. Look how that turned out.

El Mayimbe just wrote some shit clickbait article and you idiots bought every word of it. And then he proceeded to brag about how everyone fell for it on Twitter.

Fuck off, all you gullible dipshits.
>>
>>88267436
Which is why gas vehicles are still more common than ones that are powered by electricity.
>>
>>88264584

You don't even have to look past the MCU. Ho Yinsen's death was handled better than Quickass, for one.
>>
>>88269127
RIP in Pizza, Gypsy
>>
>>88263414
>We’ve already seen five big-budget Spider-Man films. Get ready for the first Peter Parker movie

Wasn't that just the past five Spider-Man movies?
>>
>>88263495
I fucking love Iron Man 3. Maximum comfy.
>>
>>88263495

>Iron Man 3 but with Spider Man.

Exactly. Shittiest fucking movie they can possible make, that shits on it's own audience, while trying to over-hype and meme it into something better.
>>
If you're not excited for this movie, you're literally being a contrarian. You're just mad you're favorite character is finally going to be done correctly in live action. So in your head, you'll soon be lame for liking something popular.
>>
>>88263532
>This new film just feels MCU manufactured
How the fuck do you have any "feel" for the film. They have shown next to nothing. You can't make a statement like this without actually having seen it. In short, youre talking out your ass. Stop it.
>>
>>88269540
>Shittiest fucking movie they can possible make

IM2 was worse tho
>>
>>88269540
Iron Man 3 is probably better than the first one. Tony Stark is infinitely more interesting than Iron Man.

>>88269591
Yeah I don't get this argument. It's like being mad that DC isn't writing the next Spidey series.
>>
>>88269588

yeah, this. Spider-Man is FINALLY going to become popular with the mainstream,just like GOTG. And that's the only reason /co/ is upset.
>>
File: 1457769486482.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457769486482.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
>there are people on /co/ right now who will complain that Spider-Man quips in Homecoming
>these are probably the same people who called Deadpool "reddit"
>>
File: Hank.png (47KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
47KB, 225x225px
>>88269617
>>
File: zlimgkdf.png (43KB, 626x210px) Image search: [Google]
zlimgkdf.png
43KB, 626x210px
>>88269617
>>88269588
>>
File: 1216107306749.jpg (29KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
1216107306749.jpg
29KB, 306x400px
>>88269649
>>
>>88263789

>Spider-Man 1 and 2 were about as close to the Lee/Ditko comics as you can get in a film

Peter was a smug nerd with a superiority complex and probably would have been a school shooter if you he didn't get superpowers. SM1/2 were no where like this.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (110KB, 1252x420px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
110KB, 1252x420px
>>88269688
>>88269649

That doesn't mean anything but I assume those images represent your faces reluctantly realizing how right I am.
>>
>>88263414
Costume would be literally perfect if they removed the thick black lines. Hell, I'd even be alright with the thin black lines on his blue areas but the random thick lines just kill it.
>>
>>88269754
In the future, save the image first instead of dragging it straight into the editor. You lose the transparency layer that way.

And I am excited for the movie, but your reasoning is so stupid I could hear my brain cells screaming in pain as they died off.
>>
>>88269874

We aren't brain cells.
>>
>>88263491
I am a hardcore spiderfag and I want it to succeed because I lime him too mucn to have casuals claiming he sucka because the movies are bad
>>
>>88269874
In the future, save your son by praying the gay away instead of dragging him out of straight normalcy. You also lose the transgender phase that way.
>>
Cant waif for the release where /co/ will a shitposting hell with MCUfags and Raimifags each one claiming their film was superior

Movie will probably be alright
>>
>>88269588
The reason I'm not looking forward to it is that it already sounds like a sloppy thirds film. It's the third time we're getting a Spider-Man franchise, and has to jumpstart the Spider-Man films while avoiding the origins and trying to be its own thing. The Raimli films, whether /co/ wants to admit it or not, have become a part of the major pop culture with a lot of iconic moments. The MCU has a few films that are completely forgettable, like Iron Man 3, or Thor the Dark World.

To be blunt, I'm worried that Marvel's idea to reboot Spider-Man involve over the top High School cliche characters and stories, mixed in with a forgettable villain (It's the Vulture for crying out loud), and will mainly rely on stressing how it's part of the Avengers film franchise, and that's it. An uninspired film just to say "Spider-Man is back"
>>
>>88265958
>>88265958
What is this gif from? Name of actor?
>>
>>88264578
That's the Green Goblin, you dipshit
>>
>>88263414

>"Peter Parker movie"

They're trying to out-pretentious Raimi. I remember when he would say stupid shit like "Spider-Man swinging is almost like a dance."

No it isn't faggot, shut up and make a superhero movie.

Between this and their insistence to only talk about who they're casting to play Peter's classmates and school faculty, it sounds really fucking boring.
>>
>>88263414
>et ready for the first Peter Parker movie.
TRIGGERED
>>
>>88269636
/co/ doesn't like fun or nice things.
Everything is bad even if it's good!
>>
>>
I'm no that hyped for this because I don't care about Spider-Man (on top of him getting a shitton of movies), but I don't get people that are already super mad about it and say it's shit.

We've barely seen anything from it. I know /co/ likes to overreact, but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>88263789
>What a crock of shit. Spider-Man 1 and 2 were about as close to the Lee/Ditko comics as you can get in a film,
aaaaaaaaaand /co/ once again proving it doesn't read comics.
jesus.

TASM1 was way closer to Lee/Ditko Peter than any of the raimi films.
>>
>>88267662
TO BE FAIR
Asa Butterfield WAS 100% confirmed, he lost the role by talking about it.
Holland was 2nd pic.
>>
File: 1480373089874.jpg (90KB, 610x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480373089874.jpg
90KB, 610x602px
Who here wants to /dicktomholland/?

>>88273868
Damn, really? That's kind of sad. He must be beating himself over that.
>>
>>88264116
The web hands were a nice subtle touch, you're an idiot.
>>
>>88274019
yeah i'm sure.
And i like Butterfield to tom holland anyway.
Peter has always been relatively attractive, Holland is fugly (sorry)
>>
File: CiwB33WUoAA1hUB.jpg (52KB, 509x509px) Image search: [Google]
CiwB33WUoAA1hUB.jpg
52KB, 509x509px
>>88274091
>Holland is fugly (sorry)
Whaaaat? I mean, Asa's cute too and, I'll admit, I think he's better looking than Holland, but whaaaaat?

Also, I just checked Asa's leddit account and he said that's not true and that he never got offered the role in the first place.
>>
>>88273868
Feige wanted Butterfield

RDJ insisted on Holland because he was shorter
>>
File: What The Fuck Am I Reading.jpg (25KB, 534x444px) Image search: [Google]
What The Fuck Am I Reading.jpg
25KB, 534x444px
>>88263414
Literally the reason Spider-man 2 was so good was because it was a Peter Parker movie.

I defended a lot of shit about this movie on /co/, but that single comment has made me lose a lot of faith in it.
>>
>>88263458
>People still think Peter Parker is supposed to be that kind of autistic
Pete's an autistic but a whole different kind. He's actually kinda a prick.
>>
>>88275194
because of an editorial comment by usatoday? go outside friend
>>
>>88263603
>This is what kills Spider-Man
>Not Autistic Man 2 or 3
>Not the spectacular cash grab
>This movie
>>
>>88263853
>Peter Parker,
Nobody liked that character.
Nobody liked him at fucking all.
Saying that thing was Peter Parker objectively wrong.
Pizza time.
>>
>>88265609
>Pick up Spider Man comic
>Spiderman's only in it for one fight
Dropped
>>
>>88271371
>(It's the Vulture for crying out loud),
>Disregarding The fucking Vulture
Opinion thrown out d,casual
>>
File: 1478697449720.jpg (13KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1478697449720.jpg
13KB, 407x482px
>/co/ talking shit of Raimi's Spiderman trilogy
>BvS levels of shilling for Homecoming
>>
>>88276558
>implying BvS was the one getting shilled
I seem to remember quite a few Civil War threads, friend.
>>
>>88276558
literally nobody is excited for Homecoming
>>
>>88274858
>RDJ insisted on Holland because he was shorter
So he just wanted someone that's smaller than him. Gotcha.
>>
>>88276910
I think that's why Asa Butterfield didn't get the role, he was 6'0 and it looked weird in the screentests.
>>
File: 1480947120916.jpg (34KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
1480947120916.jpg
34KB, 400x375px
who else is fucking tiered of all the same old shit .
I'm not wasting my $$ on this flop.
>>
>>88277052
Your mom isn't tired of this dick.
>>
>>88276800
I don't know if i'd say I was excited for it exactly, but I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'll certainly go see it in theaters assuming the bank account agrees with me
>>
>>88276976
Isn't Pete taller than Tony in the comics though?
>>
>>88277144
No, Peter is 5'10 and Tony is taller than 6'0.
>>
>>88277260
>casting one of the taller comic guys with a manlet
I mean I can understand RDJ but I'm pretty sure there were taller alternatives that could have carried the role too.
>>
>>88263414
>Peter Parker movie

Dropped.
>>
>>88276099

A movie should be getting a complete story done. If Spidey's only in it for one fight, then yes, that's shit.
>>
>>88276558
I think Raimi's Spider Man films will always hold a special place in our hearts. But that said, they havent really aged all that well. I dont think they'll overshadow the original trilogy, but I like what Ive seen so far. Full Ditko
>>
File: 1452901110233.jpg (9KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1452901110233.jpg
9KB, 290x290px
>>88263414

It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try to divert away the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.
>>
>>88278299
>It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops.
Critically? Probably.
Financially? You have to be in hard denial if you honestly think that.
>>
>>88278299
Why are you even here?
>>
>>88263414
>ruined Avengers
>ruined GotG
>killed X-Men
>killed Fantastic 4
>killed Star Wars
>now ruining Spider-Man
Can D*sney do anything right?
>>
>>88278278
Ditko was into Objectivism and Ann Rand.

This Peter Parker is a parasite on a job creator.

There's nothing Ditko about him.
>>
>>88278388

Your opinions aside, Disney seems to be doing pretty well
>>
>>88278388
>Killed Fantastic Four
If anything the mouse put down a sick dog. Thank Trank for that shit
>>
>>88278299
This movie will be made for 14 year old boys, two adults will see it and you'll call the whole mostly underage audience "manchildren". You know it's true.
>>
>>88278388
>>killed Star Wars
>Have a plan to basically make one new Star Wars film a year
I didn't think Force Awakens was that great but you have a really odd definition of "killed".
>Can D*sney do anything right?
Considering all of the examples you listed has made them millions a more appropriate answer is what AREN'T they doing right.
>>
Only an hour and 20 minutes until Jimmy Kimmel Live.
>>
>>88278388
Tis not about art, dear anon, but cash.
>>
>>88277052
cool
>>
>Thinking that a movie about fucking SPIDER-MAN of all characters could EVER be good.

Please tell me you're joking. Spider-Man is getting the shit movie he deserves.
>>
File: you.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>88279712
>>
File: 1429089039753.gif (1006KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1429089039753.gif
1006KB, 260x187px
>88278388
>ruined Avengers
>ruined GotG
>killed X-Men
>killed Fantastic 4

Nigga, if you're referring to the comics, blame a) shitty writers who were since the beginning total hacks, b) Ike the Kike and his shitty beef with Fox as a company, and c) Fox not knowing when to let go of some propieties they already ruined, like F4 being directed by Trank.

>killed Star Wars
Oi, it's either a nostalgia fag, or we're dealing with someone who's really stupid.
>>
24 minutes left until the show starts.
>>
>>88280286
It wont be until the halfway/second half of the show. That said, should we use this thread?
>>
>>88280344
Unless someone makes a new one.
>>
>>88278334
>>88278360
>>88278453
All these people falling for old pasta
>>
I want to be excited for this, I just can't. Marvel movies are so bland. No style and uniqueness. Everytime I think Marvel, I think of the horrible cinematography from that airport battle.

It sucks to feel this way because I love Spidey. I just want to be proved wrong and nothing I've heard can convince me to think different so far.

Maybe tonight will change my opinion. I'm also really annoyed with Iron Man's involvement. Downplaying Peter's genius constantly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>88280502
>Downplaying Peter's genius
Assumptions much? Did you even see Civil War?
>>
>>88280594
Not that anon, but he was a fucking dumbass in Civil War. His fighting was an embarrassment he let Giant Man fall on him.
>>
>>88280594

>Did you even see Civil War?

Yes. He seemed pretty incompetent throughout the movie and this teaser proves that Tony is giving him his upgrades.
>>
File: 1480063505552.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480063505552.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>88280634
>>88280646
wow you retards are stupid
>>
>>88280756
He did let Giant Man fall on him. That's not up for debate. He fucked up so bad Tony told him to go home.
>>
>>88280756

Here's your response.
>>
Man I just don't care anymore
>>
>>88280877
Dubs confirm. We should all stop caring about this.
>>
File: 1476143053713.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1476143053713.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>88280819
>>88280874
>>
The hour is upon us
>>
>>88263725
He looks like he's wearing a store-bought Spider-man Halloween costume
>>
>>88280819
He was knocked aside, but Scott didn't fall on anyone. Tony sent him home because he realized he was insane to bring a 15-year-old to a brawl among the strongest people on Earth.
>>
>>88280634
Wasn't there a whole scene where Tony said he was impressed with his work?
>>
>>88280996
Yeah, because he realized that 15 year old was fucking dead weight.
>>88281003
No, he just told him he was done, or else he'd tell Aunt May.
>>
>>88281038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNzjKaCpmEE

He literally praised the webbing in the movie. He's clearly impressed with Peter.

"I read books, I build computers"

They're not downplaying how smart he is.
>>
>>88280634
>Not that anon, but he was a fucking dumbass in Civil War.

There's a difference between being a dumbass and just being out right inexperienced. Keep in mind, he still gave trained professionals

>>88280646
>Yes. He seemed pretty incompetent throughout the movie and this teaser proves that Tony is giving him his upgrades.

He really didn't have much screen time. He seemed like a goofy kid not knowing much.
>>
>>88280502
Pete's genius is not through huh technology. He develops the shooters and webs, and often defeats people stronger than him with his smarts.

Stark is just giving him tech to work with, not downplaying his smarts at all.
>>
>>88281169
He's just trying to get him to play ball and join him.

Tony's smart, he knows if he called it shitty silly string Peter wouldn't want to join him.
>>
>>88281170
He took his eyes off his opponent to give a thumbs up. Especially going up against the strongest people on Earth.
That's a fucking dumbass
>>
THEY SHOWED IT!!!!!!!!
>>
>>88281279
That's not a dumbass, that's an inexperienced teen. A dumbass would've done it twice. There's a different between being stupid and being ignorant. Stupid is doing something over and over again and expecting different results. Ignorant means you just lacked the knowledge the first time.
>>
>>88281279
>Misunderstanding Spider-Man this much
>>
File: 1395894935497.jpg (42KB, 190x179px) Image search: [Google]
1395894935497.jpg
42KB, 190x179px
>Tony mommying Peter
>Fat best friend discovering Peter's identity

You're killing me, Smalls
>>
>>88281337
So he's supposed to be stupid, according to you?
>>88281326
Except it did happen twice. He got distracted talking to Falcon and let Falcon's drone send him flying out the window.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U
>>
Toomes is scary, Peter is funny and Liz Allen is hot
The only thing bothering me is the Shocker being white and that Ned Leeds is LITERALLY fucking Gahnke
>>
File: Ganke_(Earth-1610).jpg (37KB, 364x687px) Image search: [Google]
Ganke_(Earth-1610).jpg
37KB, 364x687px
>>88281345
We've finally come full circle. Peter is ripping off Miles Morale.
>>
>>88281789
The real question is, do we get to see tony stark fucking aunt may?
>>
>>88274052
It was not remotely subtle. Good or bad it was definitely blatant.
>>
>>88266639
>most of the people who read slotts comics don't read comics

You realize this is a really stupid statement yes?
>>
>>88278388
Where is Ant Man, Strange? Those two were really bad.
>>
>>88275194
Spider Man 2 sucked.
>>
>>88276800
Literally I am
>>
So, who are those new suporting characters supposed to be? From where did they pull them out? Ultimate Spider-Man?
>>
File: Spiderman movies and co.gif (1MB, 200x85px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman movies and co.gif
1MB, 200x85px
>>
>>88276976
have any of the screentests been leaked?
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.