[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>R-Riddler is too hard to wriiiiite for! That's why we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: riddler gotham.png (252KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
riddler gotham.png
252KB, 720x404px
>R-Riddler is too hard to wriiiiite for! That's why we don't usssee him!
>Ends up being the most interesting character in the series and all they had to do was boil down his riddle tenancies to a small quirk.

So why did DC writers ditch Detective Nigma if Riddler is too hard to write for again?
>>
Anti-Semitism?
>>
Because we need another comic focused on someone in the Batfamily
>>
>>88258524

Because aside from one or two team ups, what point is there to have a B-list detective tagging along in the book on an ongoing basis? Detective Eddie is a one trick pony.
>>
He still hasn't become the Riddler yet in the show, I bet he becomes full Riddler this upcoming season
>>
File: Gotham_City_Sirens_09.jpg (932KB, 1280x1971px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham_City_Sirens_09.jpg
932KB, 1280x1971px
>>88258687
Because he was also a detective to villains. As far as mystery-solving goes, he was the Batman equivalent in the rogue world where everyone just went to him for a case while still not 100% trusting him.
>>
>>88258724

Lets' be practical, how many times can you have that story before it becomes cliché? Speak nothing of how many books you could even do that in. Sure, occasionally doing a story where Eddie helps somebody out can be interesting, but is it really better use of a character that way than keeping him in his more recognizable, iconic straight villain version? I'd argue not. It's a momentary change that is appealing, not the permanency of the thing.

Penguin transitioning from a wah wah thief to a mob boss works because it makes Penguin more usable while keeping the core character motif, bird themed gimmick, intact. If Eddie is just a detective and doesn't do riddles, why is he even called the Riddler? It'd only be worth it in theory if Cluemaster was somehow made iconic enough to take Eddie's place.
>>
>>88258687
>>88258724
Supporting characters are important in world-building, especially in a setting as well-worn as Gotham. Eddie graduating from villain to gimmick-y former villain was actually a great direction for the character.

Alas.
>>
>>88258816
>Eddie graduating from villain to gimmick-y former villain
>gradually

It just happened, thanks to Dini redoing a popular story from BTAS lasted few stories, then stopped being a thing. Let's not pretend this was years long subtle process like Zemo slowly becoming an anti-hero in Nicieza's Thunderbolts.
>>
>>88259021
That's fair. I still liked the idea, but that is fair.
>>
>>88258687
>what point is there to have a B-list detective tagging along in the book on an ongoing basis?
There is no universe where I wouldn't enjoy watching Riddler and Enigma investigate murder, conspiracy, and corruption in Gotham and around the world when called upon (and funded).

But I'd prefer to watch it in a universe where they keep Harley and Ivy on retainer as the muscle. Not every hero or heroine is the world's greatest detective. Some need help.
>>
>>88259021
>it just happened
To be fair, it's been long established that Riddler's criminal history is completely caused by his psychosis. He isn't compelled to leave riddles about crimes. He's compelled to commit crimes to create riddles.

So a recovered Riddler would end up a puzzle loving genius with no prospects and a bunch of criminal contacts.
>>
File: do you play video games.jpg (213KB, 900x2348px) Image search: [Google]
do you play video games.jpg
213KB, 900x2348px
They still demean him to this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.