[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we aren't talking enough about how great Suicide Squad is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Suicide Squad 007-004.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad 007-004.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
we aren't talking enough about how great Suicide Squad is. It's fantastic
>>
So, did they ever explain why all the people from the movie are in the comic now?
>>
>>88227512
But it's not
>>
File: Suicide Squad 007-005.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad 007-005.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88227790

the concept of suicide squad is the random assortment of villains, the cast can be anyone. the movie took most of the Ostrander cast anyway, Flagg, Waller, Deadshot, Boomerang, Enchantress. Movie also didn't have Zod or Hacker girl.

>Jim Lee actually getting some ultraviolence in
>>
>>88227512
I mean, it would have potential if each issue weren't a total of 7 fucking pages
>>
>>88227512
>Going Sane
>In no way similar to the truly excellent Batman story of the same name.
This is... so bad...
>>
>>88227867
Yes, but why did the comics suddenly add in Croc, enchantress and Katana to their ranks? Was this explained, or did they just go "Well, it's your turn now," as a way to bank off of movie synergy? Because the Rebirth line up looked like garbage lifted from the line up of the movie and completely turned me off to the series as a whole.
>>
>>88227961
>enchantress and Katana
They were both big parts of Ostranders run. Have you read the original Squad comics? Or do you need them explained to you?
>>
>>88227867
>Hacker girl
So is she the comics equivalent to Star Trek red shirt characters? Team of all big name characters the company won't want dead and one new OC. Plus last issue revealed they don't actually have the follow through to kill a big name.
The appeal with old SS was you didn't know which fucks would actually make it.
>>
>>88228058
No, I need to know why, in the current comics, not written by, Katana and Croc and Enchantress are on the team? What happened to Cheetah and King Shark, why did they get replaced by the people in the movie? How is it that enchantress is alive and back on the team again? How did Waller start gaining her weight back?

It's like Rebirth just completely rebooted Suicide Squad using the team from the film, and I don't care enough about these character to find our what happened to the better characters they replaced.

And yes, I have volumes 1 through 4 of Ostrander's run on my shelf, waitting for volume 5, the best part of the Suicide Squad film is the fact that it forced DC to reprint that run after ignoring it for so long.
>>
>>88228228
The in comic explanation is that this is a new team that Waller is putting together. Croc and Enchantress are just two prisoners like the rest selected for the team.
Katana is working for her at the request of her sword spirits. She's filling a Bronze Tiger role.
>>
File: Batman__2016___011_009.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Batman__2016___011_009.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88228397
Soo, it's pretty much just Suicide Squad: The Movie, in comic form as far as the roster selection goes? Damn, really glad I'm pulling the superior Suicide Squad comic right now, this doesn't sound very good at all desu
>>
>>88227512
It's schlock
>>
I liked some of Williams's stuff at Marlel. Not reading this, but he was a fun author, if not particularly good.
>>
File: boomer.jpg (883KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
boomer.jpg
883KB, 1200x600px
Answer me one question /co/.

Is my man Boomer based in this?
>>
>>88227512
>Jim Lee
>good
>>
>>88228503
He was in the movie, of course he's in the comic anon.
>>
>>88228655
I know he must be in it, i'm just asking is he good in it, or is he a background character like he was in the movie?
>>
File: Suicide-Squad-Rebirth-Zod.jpg (701KB, 1988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide-Squad-Rebirth-Zod.jpg
701KB, 1988x1000px
>>88227512
The fact that Zod didn't decimate this team instantly and ends up jobbing to them just shows how bullshit this comic is.
>>
>>88228781
He has been out most issues with a fake death but will likely be big soon as his death gets undone and the story starts to focus on that.
>>
>>88228519
His art has been so fucking rubbish on suicide squad
>>
>>88227512
I like the backups
>>
File: Suicide Squad 007-012.jpg (1MB, 1988x1449px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad 007-012.jpg
1MB, 1988x1449px
poor Enchantress
>>
>>88228450
It's like King REALLY wanted to use Joker and Quinn and DC said No.
>>
File: Batman_009_017.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_009_017.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88231092
Thank fucking god too, Jewlee and Punch are great, I was really surprised to find that King would even k ow who they were, I'm guessing that he's a fan of Ostrander's SS comics.
>>
>>88231128
>those dead soulless Poser Eyes
Why is this allowed??
>>
>Albino Dr.Quinn

I've zero problems with this.

Also would have zero problems if she became the GCPD Dept Psychologist

Actually I could see some great back and fourth in such a move.
>>
>>88235643
Sane Harleen should be the new canon desu
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.