[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying teen titans go isn't hilarious Have you watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 17

File: ttgoperationduderescue.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ttgoperationduderescue.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>implying teen titans go isn't hilarious
Have you watched Operation Dude Rescue pt 1 and 2? Or any episode that wasn't the waffles one?

No wonder CN constantly marathons it, I've never laughed this hard at a modern CN show.

What do you think about it?
>>
>>88191688

When it's not completely insecure with its premise, it can be pretty funny.
>>
>>88191688
It's a decent show, that's nice to have on in the background
>>
it's allright.

it's early-post-movie-spongebob tier.
>>
>>88191707
>>88191727
>>88191748
Thank you! The hate for this show is baffling.
>>
>>88191688
>Have you watched Operation Dude Rescue pt 1 and 2?
Yes.

>What do you think about it?
I loved it. :3
>>
File: TTG_DnD_Riding_The_Dragon.png (2MB, 1671x937px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_DnD_Riding_The_Dragon.png
2MB, 1671x937px
>The D&D pastiche episode was about having fun with the game instead of ruining everything with rules
I like it when they hide valuable lessons in the episode and try to play it off in as wacky a way as possible.
>>
I can watch it and enjoy it. The quality varies between eps, but when they do it right they really succeed. I can see that there's effort involved - the music can be great, the visuals as well and the writing too. They even had a puppet episode among other things.

The point is TT Go gets hate primarily because of the state of cartoon industry. It's stale and uninspired as fuck. We either get comedies or shitty liberal propaganda shows. There's zero content in other genres, and this pisses people off and in the case of TT Go precisely because TT was an amazing action/comedy show interspersed with drama. Go is kinda a symptom of an overall problem, not the cause of it. And while I like the show I too am hungry for action and drama cartoons. We desperately need something in the vein of ATLA or Wakfu. Anything, ANYTHING competent in any genre that isn't some ironic SJW crap or plain comedy with a generic artstyle.

There's nothing wrong with funny stuff, but damn do we need a renaissance.
>>
File: muhtitans.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
muhtitans.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>88191766
>Thank you! The hate for this show is baffling.
Because the hate it gets is justified. If you didn't take the hint from >>88191707's post, any episode where the show be's itself (besides waffle episodes) instead of constantly bashing the old show and its fans is when the show is decent. It's by no means perfect, which is why their's hate for something like this show, but the old show bashing constitutes the biggest hateboner for it.

I'm not as offended like the TTfags get, but it's much too cringeworthy for me to sit through that shit instead of their own originally created episodes.
>>
File: TTG_Villain_Time.png (529KB, 836x471px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_Villain_Time.png
529KB, 836x471px
One of the best episodes, having the writers play with ridiculous scenarios is perfect with the lack of continuity in this show. A whole season with Elseworlds episodes would be sick. Incidentally, it'd probably also require a sick child and a Make-A-Wish event.
>>
>>88191850
Don't care about any of the SJW stuff mentioned here but I do want to expand on the whole "symptom rather than cause" thing

A lot of the hatred over TTG has more to do with CN and WB's corporate practices than anything the show has actually done. From the red tape and licensing bullshit that led them to just repackage the first TT series. Or how focus testing and demographic research led to a lot of the same thing. Or how they decided to prop up their entire schedule with this one show.

Stuff like that isn't the show's fault. Given what it had to work it's doing a fairly admirable job and doing it rather successfully. But when removed from that context and just seen on TV I can certainly see why a ton of people would be upset.

What I don't understand is how most people who give that kind of a shit haven't just moved on by now.
>>
>>88191922
That's not why people hate the show. Very few episodes bash the old show. And yet the hate for it is overwhelming.
>>
File: Teeny_Titans_TV_ad.png (321KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
Teeny_Titans_TV_ad.png
321KB, 640x399px
>Teeny Titans never got a reference episode
Wasted potential, the game itself is good fun for a pet battler parody.
>Robin getting tricked into believing he's The One True Fig Battle Champion
>Raven losing her shit and going obsessive collector on the whole thing
>Gordon tricking Robin into a 'mission' which is getting him a Joker figurine for Batman's birthday
That shit actually happens in the game.
>>
>>88191688
I remember watching the first 20 episode early on, but I just kind of stopped watching this and TV in general eventually.
I liked it and even defended it, I really need to start watching again,
>>
>>88191688

It's good that Terra is in the dumpster where she belongs.
>>
File: TTG_Raven_Star_Legs.png (3MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_Raven_Star_Legs.png
3MB, 1916x1076px
The references are 52% the reason to watch, the other 48 is 24% It's-Always-Sunny-In-Jump-City and 24% fanservice.
>>
>>88191923
this episode is great, thanks for the tip
>>
File: 1473453247993.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1473453247993.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>88191998
>That's not why people hate the show.
How?
>Very few episodes bash the old show.
That's only the added part of why the TTfags hate TTGo. The ENTIRE premise of the show pissed them off when this ended up how it did when the original was "with character and heart!", as Control Freak puts it.

It really grinded their gears when the pilot tried to be at least a bit more like the original, but after the final version of TTGo was aired, that's when the TTfags got btfo'd and threw a hissyfit.

But again, the hate was justified, because TTGo started as something more "faithful" to old fans of TT, but then it completely dumped over them with what TTGo ended up as and in return, bashed them even further by trolling them after the staff themselves got triggered the old fans bashed them first. This is what diminishes the shows quality for me, not by trying to be it's own thing, but by wasting time bashing TTfags instead of being mature about it and ignoring them.
>>
>>88192165
Try the 'Oh Yeah' episode too, it's all about wrestling.
>>
>>88192186
If that's the reason why people hate the show, they're all a bunch of little babies. This is coming from someone who was autistically attached to the old show throughout middle school.

I think the episodes where they refer back to the old show (whether they're complementing or bashing) are hilarious. If anyones immature it's the old fans.
>>
>>88191766
i hate the show because the art style is terrible
i hate all of the crappy art shows on CN
The old series was obviously better, but even if there wasn't one to compare it to this show would still be visually offensive
>>
>>88192257
>This is coming from someone who was autistically attached to the old show throughout middle school.
Alright, who was your waifu and how hard did you cry when you figured out she'd never love you.
>>
File: haunted.jpg (32KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
haunted.jpg
32KB, 640x359px
>>88192316
Waifus are pleb tier, my husbando was Slade and I wanted robin to get fugged
>>
>>88192186
>3 episodes out of its 200+ talk about the old series
>being this much for a baby
Shit man you must be fun to hang around
>>
>>88192301
Art style is subjective, I find it super cartoony but not visually offensive.

What do you think about the content of TTGO? Also, I don't know if it's fair to compare a 22 minute action/drama to an 11 min comedy anyhow.
>>
>>88192217
thanks, watching it now
>>
File: Teeny_Titans (6).png (445KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Teeny_Titans (6).png
445KB, 640x1136px
>>88192347
Fair enough.
>>
>>88192217
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
File: 1475919356429.jpg (116KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1475919356429.jpg
116KB, 1280x718px
>>88192476
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
File: Naked Titans.jpg (195KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Naked Titans.jpg
195KB, 1600x900px
>>88191688
Anything that contains naked Starfire is worth looking at.
>>
>>88191688
I second this, I love it. Extremely comfy and very reminiscent of the previous show. Of course, you need to not be a raging nostalgia turbofaggot who can't see past his inability to like new things to appreciate it.
>>
>>88192301
What's so wrong with the art style? The designs are more distinctive than the overly simple designs in something like Stephen Universe.
>>
It's a 50/50 show, at best, managed by the same brain trust that ran MAD, and a couple of the goofballs that ran that Thundercats reboot into the ground. When the show's bad, it's bad for the same reasons those shows were bad - blurting out ironic statements as if the statement itself is a punchline, preemptively ripping on vague groups of "haters", and trying to spin a lack of payoff as a self-aware joke. When it's good, it's usually because someone, somewhere, put an effort into a gag or a joke, or because they play off of the most basic personality each character has instead of just ripping off Dave Berg for the umpteenth time. It's why the show has such jagged highs and lows instead of a steady trend of quality. And it's no coincidence that the show got better when the VAs got more involved; anyone with some distance between their head and their anus can contribute to a show without constantly ribbing people about how they don't care how they come off.

And this idea that it was always hated was bogus. Reception was mixed tor the early shorts, but they were generally treated as well as the other DC Nation shorts. Season 1 was the same way, but that initial shock value of characters getting killed off made people give it a shot. It wasn't until the showrunners zeroed in on a critical minority and started projecting that people got heated.

That said, it has so many notable episodes and moments that it is probably one of CN's best shows right now, through sheer quantity.

I have no idea where all that fetish fuel comes from, though. But I'm not complaining.
>>
>>88192373
disregarding the art style completely, I think the humor usually runs a bit too young for my taste
feels like they run a lot of jokes into the ground
also characters will act completely out-of-character for the sake of a joke
I will say I genuinely did laugh at a certain episode where starfire's pet bug escapes and starts a relationship with a hispanic woman in the vein of a Mexican soap-opera.
so I'd give the art an F but I'd give the humor a C+
>>
>>88192456
is that John Candy as Barf?
>>
File: 1480907591650_1.jpg (322KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1480907591650_1.jpg
322KB, 1916x1076px
>>
>>88192699
I hate the art style in SU as well
all of the crappy, lazy art style shows are terrible
>>
Never watched the waffles episode, don't care for the original show, and I still don't like TTG.

I only found it funny occasionally, which was not enough to keep me going after like 7 or 8 episodes.
>>
>>88191688
Too many assholes.
>>
>>88191688
>>
File: TTG_Oil_Drums_18.png (4MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_Oil_Drums_18.png
4MB, 1916x1076px
>>88192126
>>88192476
>>88193613
Fetish Fuel and Shipping Fuel are two of the main reasons I watch this show

>>88192754
>Reception was mixed tor the early shorts, but they were generally treated as well as the other DC Nation shorts
those DC Nation shorts aren't really connected to Go, they were more their own thing

>I have no idea where all that fetish fuel comes from, though. But I'm not complaining.
good taste anon
>>
It's occasionally funny but when it shit the bed (which it usually does) it shit's the bed HARD. Also while I thought the old show bashing was funny at first it just comes of as insecure and pathetic with how often they overuse it now.

Not the abortion /co/ makes it out but still probably their worst currently running show.
>>
>>88196035
>Not the abortion /co/ makes it out but still probably their worst currently running show.
nah that's nuPPG by a landslide
>>
>>88192978
Holy shit you're right.
Green Lantern/Spaceballs when?
>>
>>88196050
>nuPPG
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
I haven't watched it so I really can't criticize it but from what I seen I could believe it to be the absolute fucking worst.
>>
Four words
Too
Much
Fucking
Yelling
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.