[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to Marvel tl;dr! The series for the fan who hasn’t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: TLDR-logo-600x257.png (58KB, 600x257px) Image search: [Google]
TLDR-logo-600x257.png
58KB, 600x257px
Welcome to Marvel tl;dr! The series for the fan
who hasn’t gotten the chance to dive into some of Marvel’s most epic collections, but is looking to remain current and up-to- date with the Marvel Universe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ciBwOTxLx0I

It's like Marvel doesn't even want to sell comics anymore
>>
>want to watch them because it could be funny and also I'm a marveldrone
>don't want to give an attention whore veiws
I'm so conflicted
>>
>>88155001
It's based off an idea by a Marvel intern. Apparently millennials love these.

Animation is shit, but it provides an accurate summary. Also these are released according to movie relevance
>>
>>88155246
Oh wait
I didn't realize it was BY marvel
I thought it was a fan thing
That would have been better
>>
>>88155390
Oh yes. Its an OFFICIAL marvel thing
>>
>>88154949
this is fucking terrible. There are plenty of story summaries on youtube and almost ALL of them are better than this trash.

Comic Pop's Back Issues is my fav
>>
>>88154949
FUCK OFF AND SHILL YOUR SHITTY UNDERAGED YOUT-

Wait, it's real?

YOOOO wtf?
>>
>>88154949

Yeah these are all seriously "oh you're casual as fuck and don't read comics? Let's just tell you what happened so we don't have to make movies that cater to people who read the actual thing at all."

Why does Marvel NOT want people to buy their product?

>>88155246

>It's based off an idea by a Marvel intern.

Very much willing to bet that intern was a girl.

>Why should I like, have to read the comic book the movie is based on? Like, someone should just tell me what it's about. I'm not a loser who reads comics.
>>
I have been out of the loop on Marvel for years, what is up with people saying Cyclops was right? What is the back story?
>>
>>88158796
See >>88143467 start at the first thread.
Keep going.
>>
>>88154949
It's not even as good as you expect an official product to be!

This makes me fucking sad
>>
>>88154949
How is this different from the literal tens of comic book summary channels? You got Comicstorian, Comics Explained, Comic's Pop, Comicbookgirl19, what else?
>>
File: shilling loss.jpg (45KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
shilling loss.jpg
45KB, 500x368px
>>88154949
>>
>>88160067
For one thing, it's official Marvel.

I mean, doesn't marvel want people to actually buy their comics?
>>
>>88160088
The OP is not shilling, newfag. He's just pointing out how much marvel is willing to pander to casuals
>>
>>88160171
Not their old ones. They want people to buy their current comics, their merchandise and their movies.
>>
>>88160204
I'm quite sure they will make more profit if they popularise their "most iconic storylines" alongside advertising ongoing ones
>>
I bought and read Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier when I was a kid. I still think its my favourite Cap story. Same for many other Marvel stories. But this tl;dr shit makes me feel like an idiot. Like Marvel's telling me, "That old funnybook? Yeah, it's ok. Not worth more than 10 minutes of summary."

Like, 8 years from now, is WB gonna release Harry Potter tl;dr to bring attention-deficit children up to speed about their latest prequel-sequel-reboot?
Or Star Wars tl;dr for the original trilogy, because who cares about those old flicks anyway

Also keep in mind that creators too depend on comic sales for their livelihood. Marvel the company doesn't want people to buy old comics, what's gonna happen to the writer, penciller, colorist, etc?
>>
>>88160067
it's different cause it's far worse.
>>
>>88160403
>Marvel makes its official comic summary series
>far worse than preexisting ones

Why am I not surprised?
>>
Is this attempt at humor the usual old guys trying to sound hip and with it?
>>
fuck off /u/vivvav
stop shilling it here as well
>>
>marvel to;dr
>too long; didn't read

Yup, this is Marvel, people
>>
>>88158796
He saved mutantkind by making a tough call and """people""" have branded him as The Devil for it.
Wait 'til you hear about the Inhuman incident, hoo boy...
>>
Damn I can actually call you guys fags now. This fucker who made the TLDR bullshit did it as a fan. Marvel asked him to pull it from his channel.

Couple of months later Marvel hires this guy and surprise surprise, uploads his stuff onto their main channel.

Most of this shit is old. You guys are all complete casual faggots, you DCcuck shills. I hope Satan rapes your vocal cords in hell with his cock.
>>
>>88161471
Post proof, fag
>>
>>88156132

Back Issues is good because it has rewatchability because of the commentary Sal does in his videos.
>>
>>88154949
>It's like Marvel doesn't even want to sell comics anymore

Ah, one of you faggots finally got it.
>>
Well, for one, I didn't realize there was a collection all about Ragnorok.
>>
>>88161532
Noah Sterling originally posted the Civil War cartoon months ago. They loved it so much, they hired him for the series to be continuous.
That's it.
>>
>>88154949
Oh boy, more D*sney shilling, just what this board needed.
>>
i liked that
>>
>>88154949
Great idea to sell less TPBs Marlel.
Who greenlighted this?
I really wonder if they're just that retarded
>>
>>88164217
Didn't he also do one of the Infinity Gauntlet? I tried finding it but I guess he took it down.
>>
>>88154949
Probably a smart move. There's more general interest in comics knowledge than actual comics. And anyone who would actually read Planet Hulk has already read it anyway.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.