[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you read the saga of the swamp thing for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: SwampFix.jpg (372KB, 590x914px) Image search: [Google]
SwampFix.jpg
372KB, 590x914px
>when you read the saga of the swamp thing for the first time

why did it take me so long to pick this up? ffs
>>
>>88153622
Yeah it's great. Did a very good job with the character and the whole human anatomy twist was fantastic.
>>
>>88153622
Fuck off will
>>
>>88153622
this is actually my all time favorite series ever, I started collecting the issues last year, i have about 15 total, not many are in order but i have a few of my favorites so far.
>>
It's amazing. The art, the prose. I tried reading it many years ago, it felt too slow, too wordy. I'm not sure what changed, but I devoured the first volume.
>>
>>88153622
Praise the sun.
>>
File: ...!.png (158KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
...!.png
158KB, 700x700px
>>88153622
WHEN THE FUCK'S THE OMNIBUS
>>
I read it After the New 52 run for some reason. That's why many things were Not as surprising.
But it was all worth it for Constantine alone.
>>
The thing is very raw. You Can See moore honing his skillls every issue becoming better. Yet he also makes mistakes of a beginner. E. g. Cain and Abel reveal the Many Swamp Things way before it becomes relevant.
>>
>>88159349
After the Len Wein one, hopefully.
>>
File: vege sex.jpg (74KB, 564x424px) Image search: [Google]
vege sex.jpg
74KB, 564x424px
>>88153622

I was a kid when this first came out, about 10 years old and read everything in my uncles newsagent.

Confused me, scared me, yet i picked up a couple of the graphics last year and they are still awesome.
>>
I just don't know where to pick it up. Been meaning to read it for a while but no proper DLs or anything.
>>
>>88153622
Quiptastic Live Action flick when?
>>
>>88153622
Animal man, read it. All, even bew 52.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5zXh6MVvg
Hell yeah baby!
>>
>>88153622
Why indeed
>>
>>88159484
That's called foreshadowing, friend.
>>
>>88161574
This
>>
>>88153622
read "Kill Six Billion Demons" next, it has some similarities to Swamp Thing
>>
Am I the only one who wishes DC have left alone Swamp Thing after Alan Moore left? Like how no one else is allowed to touch The Endless or Jack Knight Starman but Gaiman and Robinson?
>>
File: 1477762495081.jpg (24KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1477762495081.jpg
24KB, 326x326px
>>88168505
>some autist falseflagging as a "shill" for KSBD to make people hate the comic because he thinks that friends of the artist give the comic fake praise here
I can barely wrap my head around this shit
>>
>>88168586
Millar's run was good, Snyder's was decent and Soule's was somewhere in between. I've heard there are other solid runs too, like BKV's. On top of this, the character has been used very well as a guest star in Hellblazer too.
>>
>>88168586
>Like how no one else is allowed to touch The Endless or Jack Knight Starman but Gaiman and Robinson?

The difference is that those characters were created by those writers. It'd be pretty shitty if a writer came onto an existing property and it was decided "this run was too good, we're shutting it down."
>>
>>88168586
No. Soule did some amazing stuff with Swamp Thing. I'd put Soule's run up there with Moore's.
>>
>>88159349
>WHEN THE FUCK'S THE OMNIBUS

Fuck off. Go buy some back issues or trades or something. Your shelves of omnibuses make you look basic.
>>
>>88170509
>m-muh authentic collecting
Maybe some of us have neetbux, mummy and daddy's credit card, or hey maybe you even make a good living on your own, but any way you slice it, Omnis are the most cost effective way to collect and if they're made well, they're a great way to read too.
>>
>>88168586
No, even Moore himself says the Collins run was good.
>>
>>88163795
top fucking kek
>>
Bissette said on the prologue of book 3 they actually wanted to use Nuke Face right after defeating the monkey king; but Karen Berger told them to fuck off and go back to Arcane's arc.

Im glad she did it. Swampy would've fucked Arcane's shit up in one issue
>>
It got me into comics.

I'd read some stuff previously (mostly the big Batman titles like TDKR and Year One) but had never really been hooked, then read Swamp Thing on a whim and realised comics can actually be good.
>>
>>88153622
based swamp-thing
based alan moore
>>
File: willy-3.png (5KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
willy-3.png
5KB, 320x200px
>>88153622
Female SwampThing reboot when?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.