[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did you guys think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 13

File: the-cw-crossover.jpg (55KB, 760x411px) Image search: [Google]
the-cw-crossover.jpg
55KB, 760x411px
Now that the dust has settled, what did you guys think about the crossover?
>>
>>88153373
It was pretty good too much Supergirl and not enough Vixen tho.
>>
>alien race taking over planets
>not bringing fucking jonn or jobel over to help
>>
It sucked
>>
>>88153373
>Supergirl episode wasn't even part of the crossover and merely served to remind me how shit Supergirl is
>The Flash episode felt rushed and they decided to save on budget by just using heroes vs heroes; not to mention how poorly put together everything is - from visuals to fight choreography
>Arrow episode is more or less a member this? standalone story as the other heroes take on some random meta

I haven't watched Legends yet though
>>
>>88153702
The arrow episode was basically a green batman version of for the man who has everything
>>
Some good ideas (For the GA Who Has Everything, Ollie's disdain of all the weird shit he can't handle, Barry fucking up so bad even ayys want him gone, Stein threating his daughter like the aberrationof nature she is, etc.) bungled into piss-poor execution, rushed jobs, half-assed conclusions, etc. All in all it felt like a waste of multiple interesting plotlines that should have been fully explored on each of their respective shows instead of all mixed together.
>>
>>88153373
Cisco finally seeing that Barry didn't intentionally fuck everything up, and saying "you're not a hero to me Barry... you're my friend."

That got me.

Honestly it was pretty fun. I'm always a sucker for super heroes just kinda hanging out, doing normal things together, so I really enjoyed the last fifteen minutes.

The Dominators feel a bit paper thin.

Kara had great chemistry with everyone as usual.

I r8 a solid 8/10.
>>
>>88153469
>too much Supergirl
But she didn't even do anything
>>
>>88153550
Flash never met Jonn.
>>
>>88154376
>Hey barry can we grab my 2 alien friends real fast
Not like it would take them a long time to run there and back
>>
File: Poochie.gif (39KB, 460x570px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie.gif
39KB, 460x570px
>>88154359
She was in every episode tho and whenever she was not on screen people were asking where she was. By the end I was glad to see her return to her home planet.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>88153373
Not so much about the crossover, but what do you guys think of the CGI in these CW shows? I've been watching Star Trek DS9 lately and I've been noticing the CGI used over 20 years ago, and it looks corny and cartoonish at times, but it still "works" somehow. Now I'm trying to find the balance between what "works" and what doesn't with the aesthetic/tone of this show.

Would you guys say the CGI for these shows is in the ballpark of what you expect a modern TV budget to handle? Is it better or worse than you expected? I doubt anyone is head-over-heels with the effects work, but do you find it appealing so far, or does it NEED to be better to be adequate?
>>
>>88155301
Id say the cgi is adequate for.a cw budget for me. Its not like its cbs or fox or nbc or abc
>>
>>88153373
meh. Gave me all the reason I needed to drop Arrow again cause it gave me nostalgia for S1 and 2

>>88153702
Supergirls episode was better than the crossover's though
>>
File: 1480709296031.jpg (161KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
1480709296031.jpg
161KB, 1000x672px
>>88153373
Great fight scene, better than Civil War.
>>
>>88156165
SG episode wasn't really a cross-over, it was silvery effects scattered throughout then the beginning of the Flash tacked on to SG, past there resolution of her episode. And SG episode still has a lot of problems. Given that they've changed Real Henshaw's origin, why does he bother calling himself Cyborg Superman. It's just a bone to hard core comic fans that has no context and makes no sense with the mythos this show is creating, with what Cadamus claims to be about or what dude himself claims for himself. It would make more sense for him to be part of a Superman Revenge Squad, and use another name - Atomic Cyborg or some such. Likewise, it's as stupid as Mon El being EL and no one even talks about it or discusses it in the context of the show's mythos and those are just the REALLY obvious one.

Arrow's episode was good, even though I never watch it and have only watched the Barry related episodes in their entirety and the Ray Palmer related highlights that you can find on You Tube, it actually got me having feels for what was going on - and it wasn't too difficult to follow what was going on except for Thea being Speedy all of a sudden (What happened to Roy? No - don't answer, I really don't care. - and who are the three arrowketeers? Again, don't bother answering, I don't care.).

Flash episode was OK. I'm over the entire Cisco being pissed. He didn't seem to be at all that close to his brother in S1 and S2 and given what he has been through with Barry, it seems OOC manufactured drama BS. Likewise, the training Wally BS and WTF with HR.

Hopefully LoT will redeem this ball of crap.
>>
>>88156801
Maybe you would feel differently, but I thought LoT episode was the worst part.
Just mind-numbingly boring, par for the course for LoT.
>>
>>88153373
The Dominators were the best threat for the crossovers since Captain Boomerang.
>>
>>88158519
Was this sarcasm? Not attacking you, I really can't tell.
>>
>>88156911

Just finished it, it didn't seem like a typical LoT episode. The Men in Black stuff wasn't well handled but all-in-all, it made sense.

I'm like LoT for going all batshit crazy and silver age on us, so I'm fine with it. I do agree that Vixen seems pointlessly used. It would, for example, have made more sense (and been hella funny) if after touching her totem for elephant power, she had just plowed down and make them fly up then tumble down like bowling pins as if an actual elephant had come crashing into the Dominators. Instead, it was "I touch my totem and then karate kick them aliens just like an elephant would in the wilds of Africa."

Mick has become really fun, as well as Sara, and I'm really liking Nick. That's a really absurd outfit, especially whatever is going on with his eyes, but it's part and parcel of the crazy and so I am willing to just go with it.

I would also have loved to see Ray go all Giant Man on the Dominators and the episode, at the end, admitted that between Kara and Clark, they could have equaled the entire rest of the group, but it ended up working better than it should.

I think the episodes wouldn't work if you cut them into a 3.5 hour two part movie, so it wasn't really a true cross-over, not the way the Flash/Arrow ones had been, or older ones (Buffy/Angel, for example).
>>
>>88153550
>jobel

Mon El?
>>
>>88159878
A little bit of sarcasm and a little bit of truth. I wish Digger had more of his comic book personality but he was still pretty cool. He was smart and planned ahead a lot. A lot better than Rainbow Raider and Vandal Savage. I wish there was a little more focus on the Dominators, but at least they kept their motivations similar to the comics.
>>
>>88159927
>Vandal Savage
I still don't understand how anyone can screw up such a simple (does not equal bad) character.

It's the first time I ever saw a Vandal Savage who sucked. Even Justice League: Doom (which I didn't like) made him a pretty entertaining villain.
>>
>>88160014
I completely agree. Savage seemed perfect for these shows. I can't believe they screwed him up that badly.
>>
>>88153373

I thought it was hot garbage, and the only good part was the flash vs. supergirl race.
>>
>>88153373
>basically the Justice League
>Heatwave is there

Legends may have had some shoddy pacing and spun its wheels too much in regards to plot but god damn if it didn't have some of the most interesting character interactions and development in the DCCW.
>>
>>88155301
DS9 looks much better than Babylon 5 because most of it was practical effects - they really did built those sets, used models a lot, etc. For alien landscapes they used paintings, which gave them an appropriately ethereal look.

When they did use CGI, sure it would stick out sometimes, but I think they noticed it too and so only used it in obvious ways for big fight scenes and epic moments, where you're supposed to be drawn in too much to notice anyway.

And remember, DS9 had a massive budget for a TV show, apparently the Promenade was the biggest set around.
>>
>>88160225
Funny, I found that any Flash/Supergirl interactions were easily the worse parts of this crossover, except for the time Felicity said "Best. Team up. Ever" and that looking at Kara disguised was like looking into a mirror.
>>
>>88160259
>except for the time Felicity said "Best. Team up. Ever"

Yeah that was awful too.

>and that looking at Kara disguised was like looking into a mirror.

Someone called this happening like last year. So predictable how these shows are.

It was generally an awful event clouded by oversaturation and unnecessary characters/drama that didn't need to be there.
>>
>>88160014
>>88160193
I think they captured his evil/sociopathic tendencies and ham-iness pretty well, but his obsession with the Hawks made him too one-note.

They should have ditched that angle entirely, it turned him into an immortal yandere.

Another thing is that he was never particularly imposing - either physically or intellectually. They got his determination and perseverance, but it just seemed like he did random evil stuff most of the time and then the Legends would fight him. There were no real plans, nor did he ever truly feel like a physical challenge to the metas on the team.

He should have been on screen less, but when he did show up, make it an "oh shit" moment.
>>
>>88160342

In short, what you're saying is he was a skinny manlet.
>>
>>88160342
And his actor should've had actual charisma.
>>
>>88160394
And what was with that accent, good lord.

The only acceptable accents for ancient immortals are a) Queen's English, because it's convention at this point, or b) indistinguishable local accent, because they're supposed to be stealthy and hide their past well.
>>
>>88153732
you mean a "perchance to dream"
>>
>>88160193
They screwed him up by keeping him around for an entire half season. The audience knew they were somehow going to beat him and get rid of him, so it was all just pointless and absurd every time they came close or captured him or could have, kinda almost maybe gotten him.

>>88160342
>captured his evil/sociopathic tendencies and ham-iness pretty well

This, especially. And the entire 'what a twist' of the Time Lords being in cahoots with him was also just more pointless filler/plot extension.
>>
>>88161148
They've really learned their lesson with Dahrk and Eobard this season. They've been used sparingly so far and their threat is slowly building up with the Legends only vaguely aware of the potential threat
>>
File: LoPan.jpg (71KB, 630x900px) Image search: [Google]
LoPan.jpg
71KB, 630x900px
>>88160459
What about Chinese accent?
>>
>>88154359
she could have solved the entire problem being more powerful than every one
cisco acted like a huge jerk then change his mind at the end seem rushed.
arrow had no business being there at lets his partner had guns.
i honestly think the writers for both arrow and flash think good writing is to add as many character as possible
also wally sucks balls die wally die
>>
>>88161628
Arrow has experience. Or do you think Batman wouldn't belong? And Superman wouldn't have been enough to fight the entire aliens, especially mind controlled, why do you think Supergirl could?

Agreed on the rest
>>
>>88161628
The Cisco stuff was pretty bad, they wanted to make Cisco feel like he made the same mistake as Barry but it didn't really feel as impactful.
>>
>>88161767
but arrows man
atleast batman has a jet and a car and disposable kids
wally still sucks i hate you wally
>>
>>88156776
Don't start that shit again.
>>
>>88153373
It was terrible, it didn't have good battles or good interactions or anything.

I don't mind the aliens suddenly poping out but the reasons of the alines were...senseless, they want Barry because he messed with timeline but they don't give a shit about the timetravel shit?

But that wasn't even the problem, the problem was first episode was just setting and Barry feeling bad, second episode was completly pointless they expended it the entire damn episode trapped in a dream bringing the same bullshit than always. The only passable episode was Legends of Tomorrow one and wasn't good, just passable.
>>
Was anyone else getting a Hall of Justice vibe from the Star Labs warehouse?
>>
Thought it was a bit too over ambitious. They had 3 full episodes (would've been 4 had they decided not to exclude Supergirl for some reason) to fill and yet it felt extremely rushed.

Granted it was nice seeing all the characters together and the Ollie/Barry bromance is great but the action scenes were pretty forgettable. Especially the final one with them all together, is it too much to ask for some combos?
>>
>>88161996
That's what it was going for.
>>
>>88161977
opinion DISCARDED
>>
>>88161977
well they Black Mercy'd the team, that's a huge deal but it wasn't exactly executed well.

Supergirl was vastly underused, she didn't really do much with anyone or interact with anyone to a significant extent, and no one gave her ice cream.

Each episode had to many show specific B plots, I don't care about the Alex B plot in Supergirl when there's a fucking crossover happening, it was prevalent in all the shows and was completely unnecessary.

The only good thing that I hope came out of this is that Cisco is back to being funny and not a mopey pussy.

Also there were no combo moves with Flash and Supergirl, their fight was cool but it would have been even cooler if they fought together.
>>
>Cisco during Season 1 of Flash.
>Dante is such a dick. I really hate that guy.
>Cisco during Season 2 of Flash.
>Dante is such a dick. I really hate that guy.
>Cisco during Season 3 of Flash.
>Barry is such a dick. He killed my brother.

>Lets just not bring up that Barry's mom was killed by the Reverse Flash.
>Lets just not bring up that Barry's dad was killed by Zoom.
>Lets just not bring up that Barry went back in time and had to have a previous version of himself killed by Zoom.
>Lets not bring up that Barry had to beg Reverse Flash to kill his mom, again, to get out of Flashpoint.
>Lets just not bring up that Barry, while on Earth-2, had to see his not step father, Joe, be killed.

Cisco is kind of a dick, desu.
>>
>>88162016
There was at least one good combo in the Arrow episode

Thea shot an arrow that Sara caught and used to stab Damian Dahrk
>>
>>88162122
ALSO

>Lets just not bring up that Barry, if he hadn't gone back in time, Cisco wouldn't be alive due to the Reverse Flash killing him.
>>
>>88162113
>The only good thing that I hope came out of this is that Cisco is back to being funny and not a mopey pussy.
He'll probably be mopey again next episode of Flash when the holidays come up and his brother is still dead
>>
>>88161996
I totally thought it was at first. I was
>hey, did they someone take The Justice Society's base?
would have been cooler if they did bring Justice Society in as well
>>
>>88162113
>Each episode had to many show specific B plots

Still don't know why they include vigilante team when they did nothing at all, and why they bring again all the Ollie family drama our lives could be different again and even old villains. It did provide literally nothing to the crossover.
>>
>>88162140
i was so pissed at dick cisco i got angry with my gf when she told me it was just a show
also wally sucks
>>
>>88162247
>my gf
kek, I almost thought this was serious
>>
Did everyone feel like Felicity's actress was really overacting during the ensemble scenes in the Flash episode? Her facial expression and delivery during lines like
>Best. Team Up. Ever!
>You have super powers now?
>What was it like being mind controlled and stuff?
where really exaggerated and over the top. In the Arrow episode it was alright again and let's not talk about tech support vs. 1950's US military.
>>
>>88162247
how can you get angry with a japanese love pillow?
>>
>>88153373
5/10, average. Had some fun moments wrapped up in a lot of shit. Kara interacting with everyone was a highlight.
>>
They put together the most impressive puzzle of mediocre in the history of television. I don't think 4 shows have ever directly crossed over before, and for that, I applaud their achievement, even if it was kinda meh.
>>
>>88162484
>Kara interacting with everyone was a highlight.
Yeah, supergirl without her dyke sister and black cock is best girl.
>>
>>88162507
Don't the Chicago Fire PD Law Med shows crossover?
>>
>>88153373
it was shit, they tried to have too many people crossing over too quickly, the arrow staff wanted their 100th episode to be an homage to their show and not anything to do with the actual threat.

there was very little interaction between individual characters.

also every episode's B-plot was just 5 minutes of someone not liking barry allen then getting over it.
>>
>>88162537
>dyke sister
but alex is one of the best parts of that show. And I enjoyed the way they made her come out of the closet and get shut down immediately, it seemed a lot more genuine that way. Of course the cop lady two episodes later said fuck it to holding off on a relationship, but I'm also glad about that cause it could have dragged out like the Iris shit
>>
>>88162122
can we also be reminded that in the OT cisco refused to sell out barry buying them both enough time for barry to save them both and stop snart from being a bad dude.

in post-flashpoint cisco immediately sells barry out meaning snart just wastes his brother.
>>
>>88162605
Alex ok, i dont like Maggie and her vagina problem.
>>
>>88154394
>Kara: Hey J'onn want to come with us to an alternate dimension to help me and a gang of superheroes fight aliens
>J'onn: You mean like my actual day job where I run a government organization dedicated to protecting earth from alien threats? Which is also incidentally your Job too? I'll let you know.
>>
>>88162609
It was mentioned that Dante died in a car accident post Flashpoint.
>>
File: J'edd_J'arkus.jpg (58KB, 733x696px) Image search: [Google]
J'edd_J'arkus.jpg
58KB, 733x696px
>>88162686
>J'onn: Waaargh, my telepathy... White Martian bloood... Sorry Kara, not today. I wanna seat in chair and eat Shoko's
>>
>>88162710
*choko's
>>
>>88162691
I must be fucking dumb then. This is why having people die off screen is stupid.
>>
why wasn't ragman with them? he's like invulnerable to everything
>>
>>88162766

Because casting/billing.
>>
>>88162766
he was in episode, in costume even, of course he didn't do anything
>>
File: Tedgrant.jpg (53KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
Tedgrant.jpg
53KB, 600x312px
Remember this guy? Remember when he suddenly died but people didn't get the hint and kept asking what happened to him?
>>
>>88162793
Yep, also musical crossover, Gorilla city, Prometheus shit and more TranSavitar. CW cgi is awesome for things like this, they really improved since last year.
>>
Why was Vigilante alive and running around in the Arrow episode?
>>
>>88153373
Bad writing, but very fun. It was all worth it for Barry and Oliver getting a drink at the end.
>>
>>88162766
Felicity probably figured that the recruits aren't really ready to fight an army of super strong aliens.

Which is fair since Wild Dog got his ass handed to him by Cyberwoman. Plus the more experienced Diggle did fuck all to them and Thea went home after getting mind controlled and then brainfucked

Ragman was the only one who stood a chance, and Wild Dog is already jealous
>>
They need to stick to smaller crossovers and not make them events because the universe has become too big.

Arrow episode was a good 100th episode, shit crossover, legends episode wasn't bad, flash episode was pretty shit.

Needed more JLU moments where they shout 'uhh, green arrow, heatwave and... vibe go kill that thing!' and just have back and forth for 15 minutes while they do a thing.
>>
>>88162867
This is really starting to annoy me.
I hope they just say he's been in a coma all this time and Laurel's death inspires him to join the team or something.

Hell, I just want to know what happend to him
>>
Guys, since they were in the present, where was Hawkgirl?
>>
>>88163505
Do you even want hawkgirl?
>>
>>88161837
Well maybe if the dominators did kill everyone it would have been as impactful
>>
>>88161996
Are you for real?
>>
So is Kara in the Arrowverse or is she still separate?
>>
>>88153373
Disappointing waste of potential. Par the course for all the shows lately.
>>
>>88164168
She is part of their multiverse but her show takes place in a separate universe/earth.
>>
>>88153373
Supergirl felt out of place, which I wish was intentional because she's an alien but it just seemed awkward.

They really should have delayed or accelerated this storyline so that it didn't overlap with the 100th episode. They could have done the same Arrow storyline with a villain that fucked with Ollie's head, they didn't need aliens to do it and drag down the crossover.

Overall, 7/10. Almost felt like the cartoons, which was fun. Acting wasn't always spot on and having no final solution to the dominators was rather disappointing.
>>
>>88162855
Seems to be a theme in this crossover.
>>
>>88162016

They wasted an entire episode on hallucinations
>>
>>88162867

He didn't die, he just got beat up pretty badly and quit
>>
anyone has the feeling that this was very poor and completely irrelevant?

missed oportunity IMO
>>
>>88166275

Yeah lots of people are saying it was awful. They essentially had 4 hours to do a DC version of the Avengers but they botched it up hard. It wasn't even funny how they dropped the ball.
>>
>Ray looking at kara
>she kinda looks like my cousin
It's the little things
>>
>>88166375

>Felicity looking at Kara
>It's like looking in the mirror

It's the little things
>>
>>88166316

there wasn't even a good story to beggin with, just a bunch of awful skirmishes and one awful final battle that was a complete shit.
>>
>>88166532

They could've made the story work but there was just way too many people. Guys like Mick, Diggle, Thea didn't need to be there from the start. They can come in as reinforcements for the final battle. They just felt useless for the most part.
>>
>>88155151
shit taste.
>>
Every time they tried to hype up Supergirl, I felt like she was basically the poor man's Superman.

Thought I shouldn't. Thought I ought to view her as her own thing, and then Felicity did that "job for Supergirl" reference and I figured the shows themselves don't have any pride so eh.
>>
>>88162290
As a rule, i'm getting sick of quirky nerdy sidekicks.

There's one in every show now. They're all the funny quirky nerdy reference-spouting guys who are so sweet but so weird and have a shit love life.
As if that's supposed to represent us. The over use of it indicates a lack of thought and originality.
>>
>>88166532
welcome to the CW. now you finally took off your Flash coloured glasses
>>
>>88167649
The only ones I like is cisco and winn the rest can fuck off.
>>
>>88167649
I never said I liked the nerdy sidekicks. In fact I have to put these shows on mute every time the pseudoscience explanations kick in. It's just that Felicity was less annoying in the present season of Arrow and then that Flash episode had her acting like an ADHD ridden cartoon character.
>>
>>88167964
that's 2 of 3. and no Ray doesn't count, because he's Superman with an inferiority complex
>>
>>88167964
cisco has been plummetting as a character just like Felicity did. Winn was already bottom tier.

HG is the only one I can stand and maybe that's cause he's a different character every season and Cavanagh just keeps knocking it out of the park with his acting ability
>>
>>88167931

I work 12 hours looking at computer screens and security cams, I must take a shitload of TV series and/or movies with me to spend the time specially at night. I'm literally forced to watch everything on TV.
>>
>>88167988
>I never said I liked the nerdy sidekicks
Oh I know. It's just that your post made me think of that cringe I had when Cisco spouted yet another movie reference and even she called him out on it with her "too much tv Cisco" comment.

The crossover actually aknowledged the fact that every series has a quirky nerdy sidekick, and when i tried watching Supergirl I was actively annoyed by hers.
>>
>>88162113
>Also there were no combo moves with Flash and Supergirl, their fight was cool but it would have been even cooler if they fought together.
didn't that happen when they fought the electric lady in the arrow episode?
>>
>>88168173
>>88168173
>electric lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFgBCUBMYk
>>
>>88168154
yeah the stereotype is really saturated. At least Cisco's sarcasm in the recent episodes was not that bad. I never understood why they introduced Curtis in the first place. He's not even unique within is own show.

An let's not even begin with Win. How the fuck did he go from being the IT guy to being an expert in designing superhero armor. And why is he of all people the only straight character on the show?
>>
>>88153469
>too much kara
no such thing.
>>
>>88162122
Cisco never wanted his brother dead.
>>
>>88168064
I hope cisco gets better after the crossover.
>>
>>88168540
I didn't know James and Mon-el was gay.
>>
>>88168540
Curtis was bottom tier

they needed something to do with Winn, they made a lot of quick changes to supergirl and he was left as the guy that didn't fit in after they cut out all the romance triangle shit. I'm fine with him making a sudden jump between seasons since there were a lot of other changes that were more drastic
>>
>>88168703
Does she work for you guys? I always found her "cuteness" a bit tryhard.
>>
>>88162558

Law (Justice) hasn't come out yet so its only 3.
>>
File: super lesbian.jpg (104KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
super lesbian.jpg
104KB, 640x640px
>>88168928
that's just her naturally, adorable, alex is the waifu though
>>
>>88168928
I loved Kara in the crossover. I wished her show was less terrible. She would be amazing as part of the main cast on Flash.
>>
>>88168995
>naturally, adorable,
See, that's the thing. She feels like she's trying, but it's not really working.

Maybe it's because I know real life girls who try to be cute and quirky and you can tell they're faking, but Supergirl doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>88162883

Why not?
>>
>>88168928
well in my line of work there are almost no woman and the ones I get to interact with are either shy librarian types or indistinguishable from men. So I learned to appreciate the cuter wallflowers.
>>
>>88168995
Too bad your waifus a lesbian
>>
>>88161628
>cisco acted like a huge jerk then change his mind at the end seem rushed

>>88161837

It wasn't that it seemed rush, it felt fine since every other bow was being put on at the same pace. What felt more rush was Wild Dog being all fine with meta because one saved his idiotic skinny Hispanic ass from certain death.

The Cisco deal was just left to simmer for way too long; Cisco never seemed very close to this brother for the one time he was shown. By comparison we got plenty of Jesse/E2 Harry moments to understand that there was a close family bond there that would motivate Harry to betray Barry for Zoom.

Here, we're just told Cisco, after being all buddy buds with Barry for two+ years all of a sudden decides not because a brother he hardly IMs or seems to evening including in his Fuckbook updates is now dead.
>>
>>88153373
Oliver and Barry have the best bro relationship in any comic adaptation ever made.
>>
>>88163136
>They need to stick to smaller crossovers
No, fuck that. They need to keep doing them big like this. I don't care if they are not perfect, they are something that has never been done in TV
>>
>>88166420

the sad part is someone called that before SG even made it onto CW.

felicity is so fucking cancerous
>>
>>88153373
I think that marvel is cancer and that it represents everything that is wrong with this world.

Here, I said it
>>
>>88170224
>they are something that has never been done in TV
Why do people CONSTANTLY forget the animated DCU?
It was better made than anythinglive action by either company right now and for a longer time.
>>
>>88170224
Big yes, but cut it down with the useless side characters. I want a crossover focusing on Barry, Oliver and Kara and for fuck's sake, give them a proper villain for once.
>>
I love how the entire crossover is basically "BARRY, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO WEIRD"
>>
>>88170822
At least it ended with Cisco no longer being a bitch about it. Holy shit was he pushing it with being an annoying cunt in those last couple of episodes.
>>
>>88170299
K marvelfag.
>>
>>88171876
Dude think before you type.
>>
>>88153373
Citizen Steel continues to be best character. His personality reminds me of Scott Lang in the MCU but more book smart.
>>
Fun at times but overall very underwhelming. I was hoping for 3 eps of Heroes fighting themselves and Aliens, what I got was ep of people bitching at Barry, ep of Ollie in a dream and 5mins of actually fighting aliens.
>>
>>88153373
I couldn't give a lesser shit because they're all terrible tv shows starring shit actors written by shit writers...
>>
>>88167649
I'm getting sick of the idea that anyone on Earth would be able to fucking hack an alien computer
>>
>>88170822
It sucked anon.
>>
>>88172717
Well you gave enough of a shit to post in a thread dedicated to said shit shows instead of ignoring it. I appreciate your honesty though.
>>
The Arrow episode is great so far. The previous two are alright.

>Ollie having to give it all up after what he told Bary the previous episode.
I'm about to cry son

Too bad Season 4 was shit and Manu went on a diatribe against the show.

We could've had actual Slade fighting against them.

>no Tommy
>your father should be very proud of the woman you've grown into
>>
>>88173778
The episode was amazing, maybe the best arrow episode ever made.
>>
>>88174067
Slow down, there, cowboy. It was good, but not great.
>>
>back in 2016
>doesn't go see her suffering father
That's messed up Sara
>>
>>88153373
Badly executed written/plot. The ideas are there, just needed editing. Also would have been better as a produced 4 hour movie split into 4 parts. Crossover should have went: started on Flash then Arrow then LoT then concluded on Supergirl. Would have gave a boost to Supergirl's ratings too.
>>
>>88162605
>but alex is one of the best parts of that show
Lost me
>>
>>88167649
Arrow has two, unfortunately.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error753.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error753.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>88168928
>Does she work for you guys? I always found her "cuteness" a bit tryhard.
>(You)
>>
>>88156776
Is that how Civil War was or is the compression just shit?
>>
>>88153373
disappointing as fuck
>>
>>88161210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiAbDkXDgg
>>
>>88175457

Why is she time traveling about when her dad is in a depressive state in rehab? Where are her priorities? Do they address this in legends?
>>
>>88176943
No, it was mostly just her getting over her own need for vengeance
>>
>>88153373
Ignore all posts that start with >Now that the dust has settled
>>
>>88153373
I loved it. I cant believe they hinted at the Hall of Justice. I hope these shows go at least 10 seasons.
>>
>>88177001

t.CW writer responsible for the horrible script
>>
>>88177164
>expecting good scripts from a CW show

The shows are garbage sure but they are garbage I love.
>>
>>88176943
>Why is she time traveling about when her dad is in a depressive state in rehab? Where are her priorities?
She's not Rip. She knows time comes before family.
>>
>>88177001
>show Hall of Justice complete with fountain
>actually backass of a hangar
lel

I'd forgotten that Barry now owned all that with Star Labs
>>
>>88172694
CGI costs, anon. It ain't cheap. CW isn't like GoT (and even Thrones also limit their CGI like how their battlefields all look the same and how little you see the dragons).
>>
It was pretty shitty and DEFINITELY should have been devoted to Flashpoint, merging the Supergirl universe to the DC universe proper in the course of the story.

Supergirl vs. Flash fight was bretty cool though
>>
>>88176943
Nobody is telling her that her father has fallen off the wagon and is being framed by a serial killer ninja.

Also no one ever told her about Laurel's E-2 Doppelganger who STAR Labs has locked up in their secret underground prison
>>
>>88179875

Well that's just nice, will she find out later and go evil?
>>
These shitty shows make me appreciate Smallville.
>>
>>88182676
Smallville was terrible

Anyone who doesn't think seasons of Lana's whining wasn't worse than Felicity is deluding themselves
>>
>>88184530
that was when she returned to the show, before that she was fun.
>>
>>88169112
>See, that's the thing. She feels like she's trying, but it's not really working.

This is the impression I get from Supergirl as well. A lot of TV shows in fact.

There is always a demand for an acress who's good looking, charismatic, cute, and quirky, but the supply never matches it.

I mean shit /co/ slobs all over Kat Dennings but she has a grating voice and not a lot of actual charisma beyond a pair of tits.
>>
I loved it. 10/10
>>
>>88160459
>all gods need to have a british accent regardless of their nation of origin

FUUUUCK! You're everything I hate about modern fantasy.
>>
>>88185533
How much you getting paid for commenting this shit?
>>
>>88162872
They are using the same company for all the shows, which is fine except to the extent that said company gets over extended, which is also something that happens if they have to do all this stuff all at once for four shows. They probably designed the Dominator space ship once they decided on the theme, and the scout ships as well, but some of the other stuff were probably closer to production decisions.

>>88166316
Because SG was on her mid-season finale and they had to wrap up the Cadamus show and they and to shoehorn a 100 episode celebration for Arrow this week, it was a little pointless. A better comparison would be to a two hour version of AoS or to the Netflix stuff, versus comparing it to a movie that had more than a year of pre-production, six months of shoots all over the globe, and a year of post production, asswipe. Compare Avengers to BvS all you want, do not compare it to a tv show.

>>88162738

The actor wasn't a cheap dude, he was the guy in Six Feet Under, etc. Brining him in to Vancouver just to die would be a waste of money
>>
>>88172754
Was the thing they had a computer in the first place? It looked like a random piece of weaponry, not a computer.

>>88176294
Nice argument

>>88184594
Why are there so many? Is it to create a self insert "so like me" character for nerdy girls?
>>
>>88168540
>expert in designing superhero armor

You're right about this - except that they need someone to do this and they already established that he helped with Supergirl's outfit. It makes more sense, since Cisco is a mechanical engineer and they've proven his bonfides (plus due to Tony Stark being essentially a Mechanical Engineer by training people have accepted that the skill set includes coming up with outfits or improvements for the rest of the team, etc.) And Winn is just educated with computers/languages, not mechanical engineering. Creating the virus that stopped Brainiac-Lite was acceptable, the specialized outfits (beyond what Kara needs since she's indestructible) - except the show can't really bring a mechanical engineer on-board. Even though one of the DEO guys could do it, why would they be designing an outfit for Jimmy, for example?

He's a happily married Broadway actor. It would have been more ballsy for them to have Mon-El and Winn be in a relationship and it would be easy to slowly push it in, since they already did the small scene with him and the Daxam Prince, with the prince giving up the pod ship for Mon-El. But two guys getting it on, even in a fifth place network show, would be way too much for this countries last frazzled nerve.
>>
>>88187097
>Why are there so many? Is it to create a self insert "so like me" character for nerdy girls?

Look at Felicity's fanbase and the answer should be obvious.
>>
>>88187131
>it would be easy to slowly push it in
I see what you did there.
>>
Most fun I've seen from DC media since Chris Reeve became Superman
>>
>>88187131
>He's a happily married Broadway actor. It would have been more ballsy for them to have Mon-El and Winn be in a relationship and it would be easy to slowly push it in, since they already did the small scene with him and the Daxam Prince, with the prince giving up the pod ship for Mon-El. But two guys getting it on, even in a fifth place network show, would be way too much for this countries last frazzled nerve.
Mon-El is clearly the actual prince and he lied about his flashback
>>
>>88185533
Dude it is straight garbage.
>>
>>88176682

He photoshopped it to have much higher saturation than it should.
>>
>>88156776
Agree.
>>
I thought it was nuts that they totally murdered the president, revealed aliens exist, and that next to nothing will change when the shows go back to being normal and independent.

Like what the fuck.
>>
>>88153373
Arrow had the strongest episode. I was really surprised to see Stephen Amell emote
>>
>>88160516
No, casual. Its a moore story
>>
>>88162883
Why didn't Barry just kick his ass in .005 seconds for Oliver?
>>
>>88153702
Supergirl was basically a zero issue
>>
>>88153373
>Aliens invade because they're afraid of metas
>When they first invade they just walk right past the Flash

Yeah they really thought that one through.
>>
>>88153373
I loved it.

Kara and Barry have a fucking fantastic dynamic and seeing them do so well together makes me feel bad that SG is such a shit show.

I understand why Iris wouldn't let Wally train with the group, but she should have at least let him watch. That way he would have known that he isn't ready for this shit at all.

Cisco being directly responsible for the Dominator Invasion and knowing what it's like to be a massive fuckup for trying to do what's right was great.

The Legends stuff was probably the weakest out of the lot, but it was still decent.

The end scene with Oliver and Barry having a beer was great.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10 because it was a really comic book kinda crazy plot and they made it work. Great character interactions, and the sub plots were pretty fucking good this time around. Taking off a point for having to censor felicity's panties, the fact that Stein's daughter will most likely be a one off thing, that supergirl's crossover was fully shown in Flash, and that Cisco made a breach device the size of a 50 cent piece. I get why the last one was done, so they could have easy access to SG, but technology wise it doesn't make sense. I'm willing to overlook it.
>>
>>88193003
>the fact that Stein's daughter will most likely be a one off thing

She's confirmed as a recurring character on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, actually.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling they'll make her Jax's new Firestorm partner and write out Stein. Victor Garber didn't move to Canada, so I imagine he'd like an out of spending so much time in Vancouver.
>>
>>88177001
>I hope these shows go at least 10 seasons.
I hope so. The "FLASH VANISHES IN CRISIS" newspaper is dated April 2024, which would put it towards the end of The Flash's tenth season. That would be a pretty hype finale.
>>
>>88193003
>for having to censor felicity's panties
tell me more, this is relevant to my interests
>>
>super girl episode
lel fuck you cw
>flash episode
lol barry's fault
>arrow episode
decent 100th episode, have some feels
>legends episode
LOL BARRY'S FAULT

needed more supergirl, and also supergirl not being shitty cgi
>>
>>88193070
If she's coming to LoT, that'd be nice. I'd hate to see Stein go, because if Jax has her as his new Firestorm partner, it'll just be constant BLACKED jokes, even though I actually like Jax quite a bit.

>>88193119
This scene. If you go rewatch it, they put a ball blur directly over her crotch throughout the scene. I don't really think we would have gotten a clear view of them, even though her skirt was short and tight fitting, she was bending over, and her legs spread open. All of which would have caused her skirt to hike up her legs, though it's doubtful it'd be enough to show panties at all.
>>
>>88192912
heh completely forgot about that.

Good point
>>
>>88153373
Garbage
>>
>>88191339
Stephen stop.
>>
>>88162867
Such a fucking waste
>>
>>88197805
Just like the CW shows.
>>
>>88153373

>4 hours to do a cool crossover involving aliens
>95% of it is spent haggling over petty drama
>Aliens are defeated in 1 episode
>>
>>88198924
Don't forget hallucinations.
>>
>>88160516

reminded me more of Perchance too, especially when Ollie and his dad get saved by the Arrow.

After being glad to see Laurel here, it made me wish Arrow didn't screw up so much stuff with her.
>>
>>88198924
That's a teen soap opera for ya.
>>
>>88162290

I thought of it less as overacting but thought more of how much the character has annoyed me since Olicity
>>
>HURR BARRY YOU CAN"T JUST GO CHANGING EVENTS IN THE PAST
>To defeat the aliens we need to go to the past and kidnap one of them.
>>
>>88200169
But that directly led to CIsco realizing that while Barry dun fucked up, he did so with the best intentions.

Remember, Cisco is directly responsible for the alien invasion because he rescued the dominator, fixed it's ship, and let it go home.
>>
>>88153373
>Felicity literally saved the day
Fuck this
>>
>>88201675
>Felicity
Nigger did you even watch it?

>Stein Jr. made the nanomachines to hurt the ayylmaos
>Barry and Kara use their speed to travel all over the globe, putting on the nanomachines
>Firestorm transmutes the metabomb in to water
>All Felicity does is push a button

She did fuckall. Kara, Barry, and FS did all the heavy lifting.
>>
>>88200397

That makes no sense but a lot of things in these shows make no sense.
>>
>>88202243
How doesn't it make sense?

>We need to capture a Dominator to develop a counter to them!
>We can't get one now because there's like 50 fucking motherships, might as well go back in time
>LoT gets captured by the feds after capturing the Dominator
>Cisco says they should save it
>They save it
>Cisco and Steel were the only two metas there
>Alerted Dominators to a Meta presence on earth
>Dominators can't find any more metas after LoT leaves
>Strike a deal with humans that if Metas ever come back, they'll invade earth to exterminate them
>Barry happens
>Dominators come back
>Demand Barry because he's earth's strongest meta (as far as they know)
>Going to drop a Meta bomb to kill all metas and "Save" humanity
>All because Cisco insisted that they save the alien in the past

Dominator invasion was a self fulfilling prophecy. Had Cisco and the LoT team never saved the Alien, the Dominators would never have known that Metas exist on earth, and would have left it alone and never monitored it after the initial probe.
>>
>>88202476

There was going to be an alien invasion regardless of whether Cisco and the legends went back in time. They were all giving Barry lip service for going in time to try and fix the past and then to stop the aliens that's what they ultimately decide to do.

It's just awful writing, I have no clue why you're trying to defend it.
>>
>>88163505
back being a priestess in the temple of whores
>>
>>88202553
It's not awful writing, it's your comprehension of it that's awful.

Dominators came back for a second invasion only because Cisco and Steel alerted them to the Meta presence on earth in the past.

Without Cisco and the Legends, there would have never been a second invasion in 2016. They wouldn't have known about the earth Metas, and would never have had the planet under watch for when the metas came back.

How is this hard for you to understand? CISCO CAUSED THE SECOND INVASION BY SAVING THE DOMINATOR.

Gideon doesn't bitch about them going in the past to kidnap a dominator BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THAT WAY. Cisco always saves the alien, causes earth to be under dominator watch, and ultimately causes the second invasion.

Had Cisco not saved the alien, it would have caused a time aberration because the aliens never come back, thus changing the future.

Jesus christ this isn't hard to understand at all. If something as simple as a causality loop gives you a hard time, you really shouldn't be watching a show about time travel. Please go stick to watching something simpler, like Spongebob or Teen Titans GO.
>>
>>88202853

I comprehend it just fine, and the writing is still awful. Without Cisco and Steel tampering they still invaded the earth, so I have no clue what you're even trying to say.

Do you actually work for the CW crew and is that why you're taking your garbage writing being insulted so personally?
>>
>>88202853
That's not how time travel works in the cw-verse.

Have you not watched Flash or LoT?

The message from the Dominator was an aberration. It wasn't supposed to happen.

Shit the modern day invasion was an aberration caused by Barry and Flashpoint. They were there in response to that, not Cicso and Steel.

And if anybody alerted the Dominators to metas, it would've been the JSA being active during the war.

Do you think it took them 50 years to return after witnessing Cisco and Steel right then and there?
>>
>>88202476
>>Barry happens
>>Dominators come back

You actually fell for that, Agent Smith?
The aliens can detect time alterations like Flashpoint...

It's more liketly that:
-- the aliens probably don't have a means to detect "altered time" BUT it IS more likely that they somehow spied on Cisco (and earlier Caitlin) bitching and whining about Barry altering time ("Flashpoint").
-- the aliens used that as an excuse to have the gullible humans give them this so called Barry Allen, a meta that they can torture and experiment on

Remember. The aliens were going to use the meta-bomb regardless (anyway).
>>
>>88193402
>>88193003
Are you still sperging about blurred panties?

Get out of the basement and get some sun before you go blind and get hooked hands.
>>
>>88202853
>Without Cisco and the Legends, there would have never been a second invasion in 2016

But that's CLEARLY NOT TRUE given that there is currently an invasion going on.
>>
>>88193003

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I'll be damned if whoever wrote this doesn't work for the CW in some kind of capacity.

>Overall I'd give it a 9/10

Dread to think what a 2/10 looks like to you.
>>
>>88202952
You clearly don't comprehend it.

They invade ONCE. ONE FUCKING TIME IN 1951. Had Cisco and Steel never fucking interfered with it, that would be the FIRST AND LAST INVASION. THE SECOND INVASION IN 2016 NEVER FUCKING HAPPENS WITHOUT CISCO AND STEEL.

I don't work for the CW, but you're just fucking retarded if you can't understand this. It's a basic causality loop.

>>88203052
That's 90% wrong, though. Cisco stealing the alien tech and talking to the Dominator was an aberration, yes. Them going back in time and saving him was not. That was the big "Oh fuck" moment for Cisco. He went back in time thinking he was doing the right thing, and ends up changing the future and causes a second invasion.

And the JSA was a heavily classified covert ops thing for the US government. They didn't engage the Dominators in 1951. The government kept the JSA a secret from them. The Agent and the Alien flat out explain this, that the dominators only come back because they learn of the Meta presence on earth because of Cisco and Steel. The US Government strikes a deal with the Dominators after they learn about the Metas, and say that if Metas come back, they'll kill them and invade earth to save Humanity from itself.

>>88203182
CAUSALITY LOOP. LEARN WHAT IT MEANS.

The second invasion always happens because Cisco always goes back in time and always saves the Dominator, which leads back to a second invasion, time travel, etc.

This is elementary scifi shit right here. How is this hard to understand?

>>88203093
All they state is that they detected meta presence on earth, and that they will destroy all metas to save humanity from itself. Flashpoint doesn't cause the invasion, Cisco does.

And If you want to talk about shitty writing, why not mention the fact that Flashpoint in and of itself should have set off alarm bells for LoT because they exist outside of time, and Flashpoint is a massive aberration that should have been detected.
>>
>>88203328
Did you not watch all of it? They specificly state they didnt care about the metas until Barry went back and fucked with time.

They are only there the second time to take Barry with them.

Thats like the entire plot for the LoT episode
>>
>>88203328
>All they state is that they detected meta presence on earth, and that they will destroy all metas to save humanity from itself. Flashpoint doesn't cause the invasion, Cisco does.
>And If you want to talk about shitty writing, why not mention the fact that Flashpoint in and of itself should have set off alarm bells for LoT because they exist outside of time, and Flashpoint is a massive aberration that should have been detected.

[[ Different anon from who you were arguing with. You way want to avoid confusion by answering separately. Anyway ... ]]

Without the time well at vanishing point, the waverider doesn't have an automatic time alert system that alerts Gideon. Until Nate built the time seismometer (which happened after Flashpoint erasure).

Anyway, CW's Flashpoint was erased (by Eobard) and the timeline restored to a close enough approximation. So, historical sources (Nate's sources before joining LoT) have been restored.
>>
>>88203403
22 minutes in to the LoT episode. Go rewatch the alien speech and Cisco's revelation. Dominators are there because Metas came back. Going back in time and saving the alien brings about the second invasion. Cisco forgives Barry for fucking up.

Them coming back had absolutely nothing to do with Flashpoint, it had to do with Barry in general because he was the first Meta to come back since 1951, as far as they know. The JLA was classified. The Flash is a globally known name.
>>
>>88203328
>This is elementary scifi

No it's just notoriously bad and wonky writing so that they can tie it back to the big "I realize my mistake I'm so sorry let's go and save the day with the power of friendship" trope they love to spam in these CW shows.

> that if Metas come back, they'll kill them and invade earth to save Humanity from itself.

You say I'm retarded but you fail to realize the basic premise of this horribly written crossover. They invade cause Barry caused flashpoint, that's why they came back, Cisco and the LoT going back and saving the alien from torture changes literally nothing.

Here's the scene again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JRYunblI0

It would do you a lot of good to actually watch it. The alien they saved didn't know Cisco was a meta and they were going to attack anyway cause Barry's huge fiddling alerted them of meta human presence.

The re
>>
>>88154687
>Felicity: It's like looking in a mirror
Oh, NOW I get it!
>>
>>88203328
>They invade ONCE. ONE FUCKING TIME IN 1951.
That wasn't an invasion. That was ONE SHIP. An R.I.F. -- Reconnaissance In Force.

2016 is the Invasion Force.
>>
>>88203533
He didn't know Cisco was a meta, but he knew Steel was. It WAS Barry's fault they came back, but not because of Flashpoint. They came back because he's the first non classified meta on earth, and has been defeating other metas.
>>
>>88203564
You're arguing semantics. My whole point is, had Cisco and Steel never saved the Dominator, their visit to earth in 1951 would have been the first and last.
>>
>>88203522
Cisco just says he messed with time. He didn't cause the invasion.

The old guy tells them he had a deal with the Dominators. Metas kept in check and they would stay away but since Barry went back and changed time, they came back and wanted Barry.
>>
>>88203581
>but he knew Steel was

So now you're backtracking? You just said it's cause of Cisco and Steel that they're invading again, and what evidence do you have they knew Steel was a meta?

>It WAS Barry's fault they came back

I didn't deny this, what Cisco changed was that instead of them just wanting to kill Barry was that they now wanted to kill all metas cause the released alien got tortured, the invasion was still going to happen regardless which brings me back to why it is they were giving Barry crap when they fiddle with time all the time, oh yeah that's right cause it's typical awful CW writing that tries to shoe-horn as much teen drama as they possibly can.
>>
>>88203328
>The second invasion always happens because Cisco always goes back in time and always saves the Dominator, which leads back to a second invasion, time travel, etc.
Just like Barry's mother's death is a fixed point, Cisco saving the alien is a fixed point.
>>
>>88203631
Which is stupid because they invaded Earth at the beginning of the crossover.

The show doesn't follow timelines. It follows the characters.
>>
>>88203633
>"Dude, I get it. Barry messed up."
>"Yeah, so did we."
>"Ohhhh.... We messed with time when we freed the Dominator."
>"Whose now coming to kill us. This whole time, I've been mad at Barry.... But now I'm the one who messed with time. I just wanted to make things right, but ended up making them worse."

That's him admitting that had he not saved the alien, they wouldn't have known about metas on earth, and would never have invaded again.

>>88203676
Steel fucking transformed right in front of him and punched him in the face. Cisco didn't use his powers in front of him, but he's the reason why the team saved the alien.

As for your second part, they only come back because they placed earth under watch after 1951. Barry causes them to come back, yes. But had Cisco and Steel never saved the Dominator, they never would have learned of the Metas, and never would have come back. It is literally all Cisco's fault.

>>88203683
Causality loop. Already explained this multiple times. >>88203680 gets it.
>>
>>88203631
>You're arguing semantics.
It's not semantics idiot.

Speaking as a veteran ....
Recon and Invasion are military terms. Sending a small unit (advance scout) for survey and intelligence is Recon.

Recon enables an Invasion -- a Massive Force Deployment (like D-Day) to be scheduled and green-lit.

It may have just taken 70 years for the Alien Mothership (and Armada) to arrive. (like it took 3 years to prep for D-Day).
>>
>>88203812
Jesus. Alright answer this.

If its a causality loop, then why did Steins daughter just appear now?

According to you, she shouldve been around the entire time Stein and his wife were around.

Like i said, the show doesnt follow timelines, it follows the characters as they travel through those timelines.

>Barry ends flashpoint
>Aliens invade but team doesnt know why
>Cisco goes back in time
>Ciscos team finds out aliens are invading because of Barry while the old man tells Ollies team the same thing
That is all that came from Cisco traveling back in time.
>>
>>88203812

I'm trying to be as level headed with you as I possibly can but you're being severely obtuse.

Listen here, the invasion was going to happen regardless of whether Cisco and the legends traveled back in time, that's what that little skirmish in the 50's was about.

This is what Cisco actually changed, he changed the casualty numbers, that's what he meant when he said he made things worse. Instead of the metas just wanting Barry like before, they wanted to destroy all metas.

>It's literally all Cisco's fault

The meta bomb is Cisco's fault.
The invasion is Barry's fault.

It's not that hard to understand man.
>>
>>88203828
Again, my entire point is that Cisco and Steel are the reason why they know metas exist on earth. They sent the single ship to check for Metas. They don't find any, and are ready to leave. Legends go to abduct one, Steel transforms and punches it in the face. They all get captured. The alien is tortured as the Legends escape with the help of Felicity and Cisco. Cisco stops them and says they need to save the alien. Steel transforms once more in front of the alien to save him. Cisco and Felicity repair the small ship they have, and send the Dominator on his way. The Dominators are now aware of the Meta presence on earth, and put it on surveillance after striking a deal with the government that if any more Metas show up, they'll be back to wipe them out.

Skip ahead 60 years, and the particle accelerator explosion happens, causing earth to get infected with Metas. Barry is targeted by the Dominators for being the strongest Meta. They were going to kill all Metas regardless if Barry turned himself over or not.

>>88203913
Stein directly causes that aberration. And if you'd actually watch the episode, Stein's daughter is a shock to literally no one but Himself and Jax. The other Legends have no idea she exists. But to Snow and the rest of the group, she's always been there.

Cisco is the direct cause of the Invasion after the initial contact. He says this. The alien says this.

>>88203941
Except that's entirely wrong. Go watch the fucking episode. The initial contact was to check for the Meta presence on earth. They didn't find any until Steel gets them all captured and Cisco says to save the alien.

No one is arguing that the Dominators came back because of Barry. That's 100% true. Barry's existence violates the no meta treaty, a treaty that wouldn't exist had Cisco not convinced the team to save the alien, thus allowing him to tell the other Dominators that earth Metas are a thing.
>>
>>88204107
I like how you're completely ignoring the old guy who had a deal and communications with the Dominators telling the team that Barry fucking woth the timeline was the whole reason they were there.
>>
>>88204185
I'm not ignoring that. I flat out talk about it in that post.

Had Cisco never convinced the team to save the Dominator, the Agent would have killed the alien during his experiments. Had the Dominator died, the Dominators would have left under the assumption that Metas did not exist on earth.

But that's not what happened. Cisco convinces the team to save the Dominator. He fixes it's ship and sends it home. The Dominator reports to the rest of the Dominators that earth Metas ARE a thing, and that they need to be stopped. The Dominators contact the US government and come up with a strict No Meta treaty. They tell them that they will be monitoring Earth, and if they learn that there are any more metas than the now missing Steel, they will come back in force to eliminate all metas to save Humanity.

Skip ahead 60 years. Particle Accelerator explodes. Barry happens. Dominators are now aware Metas are back, and gather an invasion force to eliminate the Metas.

If you want to bitch about anything not making sense, it's that when they initially land, they land right next to Barry and ignore him. He's the reason they're back a second time and they ignore him. That is the true issue with the writing, not Cisco being directly responsible for the Dominator's return.
>>
>>88204107
>Cisco and Steel are the reason why they know metas exist on earth.
No. They already detected metas on Earth because of the JSA, remember?

That's what the Recon was for -- to assess what kind of resistance they would be facing on the planet. Ergo, for the aliens the humans are really weak technology-wise but a meta-bomb may be necessary for the metas they detected.

Barry's evolution was sort of the sign that a new generation of metas have been spawned on earth. Thus, the meta-bomb should now be used to prevent more metas appearing/developing.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_357 Sep. 17 23.11.jpg (27KB, 228x323px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_357 Sep. 17 23.11.jpg
27KB, 228x323px
>>88204107

I think I just might tap out of this pointless discussion cause multiple people are telling you that the invasion was going to happen regardless and you're just sperging out needlessly even when it is slowly explained to you, and it's proof of more forced drama just for the sake of it, CW's bread and butter.

So one last time:

Timeline 1:

1) Dominators come to Earth in the 50's in a recon mission
2) Scuffle happens with humans
3) They capture one dominator and torture him to learn more about the species
4) They sign a treaty that no more metas and guaranteed peace
5) Barry messes with the timeline
6) Dominators threaten to launch invasion unless Mr. Smith hands over Barry, obviously this is all a ruse cause they've been planning on invading Earth for a long time anyway, they were never coming in peace.

Timeline #2:

1) Dominators come to Earth in the 50's in a recon mission
2) Scuffle happens with humans
3) They capture one dominator and torture him to learn more about the species
4) Cisco, Felicity and LoT free the dominator
5) Dominator goes back to his people and tells them about how he got tortured by a bunch of humans and encountered metas
5) Barry messes with the timeline
6) Dominators launch full scale invasion this time with no desire to negotiate they're gonna drop a meta bomb and kill all metas cause the dominators don't want humans having meta powers.

So what Cisco means by making things worse is that he made the dominators more extreme, he thought helping the guy would help dissuade the invasion cause he thought he was doing the right think, but instead he made it much worse.

If you still don't get it at this point then that's your damage and I'm just simply sorry you feel the need to defend this garbage drama fueled writing.

And going back to my original point being that them tampering with kidnapping a friggin' alien has bigger ramifications than Barry saving his mother but they had no problem doing it. Again, cause of bad writing.
>>
>>88204322
Except we dont know that. As its unknown if the MiB would have caught the alien on their own.

Youre acting like Cisco returned to the same timeline he left.

He didnt.

He created a new timeline where the MiB caught and tortured an alien before he returned back to his people.

Like Stein created a new timeline where he now had a daughter.

Its not a huge change like Barrys glashpoint but it is still a new timeline
>>
>>88204342
>No. They already detected metas on Earth because of the JSA, remember?

That's 100% wrong. The initial contact and abductions of Humans was to determine if there were metas on Earth. It was a recon, yes. But they had no idea that Metas existed there. The JSA was a heavily classified organization, and the Dominators had no idea they were a thing.

All they knew was that a Meta saved a Dominator, which caused them to have a no meta treaty with earth, and we know that the JSA operated until the 80s, without dominator knowledge. They came back because Barry happened.

>>88204403
There was no treaty in timeline 1 because they had no idea metas exist. You conveniently forget or choose to ignore that point. The whole point was to find out if earth metas existed, and the conclusion (Without cisco fuckery) was no. No need for a treaty because there are no metas, thus earth isn't a threat.
>>
>>88156776
I loved this crossover but I completely disagree. While the fighting was decent I saw a few standout things and overall continuity of the fights were not so good.
>>
>>88204422
Yes we do know all of this. It's shown in the episode. It's explained in the episode. There's no need to argue this beyond it. Cisco going back in time always happens, just like how Barry's mom always dies.

Cisco DID return to the same timeline he left. Causality Loop. Look it up.

Stein made a new timeline, yes. But if you pay attention, his daughter is a surprise to no one but himself, Jax, and the rest of the Legends (who have no idea she exists.) Flashpoint happens in Stein's altered timeline, too. Just like how everything else does. His past fuckup overrides all other timelines and makes the same events happen in his new timeline.
>>
>>88204475

> and we know that the JSA operated until the 80s, without dominator knowledge

Watch this scene until it sticks. Watch it 10 times if you have to until it penetrates through your skull.

https://youtu.be/_Xdgask-mI8?t=63
>>
>>88204576
Cisco going back in time and saving the Dominator only happens in that new timeline.

Because he did it just then in the old timeline. It doesnt happen in the old timeline where the only reason they came back was Barry fucking with the timeline

Do you not remember Barry explaing how traveling along timelines works? Its really simple mate
>>
File: ScreenHunter_358 Sep. 17 23.41.jpg (13KB, 156x187px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_358 Sep. 17 23.41.jpg
13KB, 156x187px
>>88204475
>There was no treaty in timeline 1 because they had no idea metas exist.

Yes there was a treaty and yes they had an idea that metas exist cause that's why they got drawn here in the first place. And Vixen states it's cause of the JSA.

Your argument got blown out. Next time be more attentive and level headed before rushing to call people retarded.
>>
>>88204475
>That's 100% wrong. The initial contact and abductions of Humans was to determine if there were metas on Earth. It was a recon, yes. But they had no idea that Metas existed there. The JSA was a heavily classified organization, and the Dominators had no idea they were a thing.

Ahhh Inattentiveness. Seek help!

(about 15 min 5 sec into the episode, MiB cell scene)

Nate: Look. We just want to know why you attcked out Planet. I mean we're just down here minding our own business, then you guys drop down from the sky and attack us. Why?

Alien: There has been a recent emergence of metahumans on your planet.

Vixen: Wait! He's talking about the JSA.

Alien: We are here to determine if your kind are a threat.

[MiBs burst into the room immediately]

see >>88204597 (thank you for this video anon!)
>>
>>88203680
Except there are no fixed points.

Because as we've seen there are at least two timelines where Barrys mother lived through that night. Flashpoint and the timeline Eobard is originally from in which Barry becomes Flash at an older age
>>
The President on Earth 1 is the doppelganger of the Senator kidnapped by the White Martian on Earth 38.

When they find out about alien Lynda Carter. Will she become the President there (earth-38), too?
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.