[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the Arkham series? Including Assault

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What does /co/ think of the Arkham series?

Including Assault on Arkham and other tie-ins (if any).
>>
>>88140194
I like the series, but there are still many problems.
The overall story isn't great. The Joker being the villain in Origins was annoying and the Arkham Knight twist was obvious from the first minute. Batman's plot armor at the end of Arkham Knight was just bizarre.
The game-play isn't exactly consistent after Asylum. Flying around in City isn't fun after doing it a thousand times for Zsasz and the Bat-Mobile gets way too much use it Knight. Origins has the problem of becoming way too damn easy after getting the Shock Gloves. Riddler Trophies are a damn hassle to get as well and it becomes too repetitive. The Challenge Rooms are the best thing from the games since there is no fluff in between.
The OST is great. It is kind of bland for Origins, though.
>>
>>88140194
I really enjoyed the Arkham series overall. It's probably the best Joker has been compared to recent comics. Perfectly balances the killer and the clown. Even though the bottled-eye monocle is silly, I still enjoyed that version of Penguin. It was an enjoyable take. I was disappointed with how much Two-Face got shafted in these games. Arkham City is my personal favorite in the series. The Arkham Knight prequel comics were enjoyable.
>>
>>88140194
Not only the best capegame franchise, but Asylum and City are some of the best action games of last decade.
>>
>>88140194
bretty gud
>>
Fantastic gameplay, great atmosphere.
50/50 character design and awful writing.

Great games I think everyone should try out but not really the best if you wanna get into a good Batman story.
>>
Killer Frost return when
>>
Arkham Knight was a disappointment

Batmobile and ""boss fights"" were garbage
>>
Probably the best Batman series, even though it had its ups and downs.
>>
>>88142093
>I was disappointed with how much Two-Face got shafted in these games.
He still got the best line in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_s0RORosQ
>>
>>88140865
>lying around in City isn't fun after doing it a thousand times for Zsasz
>iddler Trophies are a damn hassle to get as well and it becomes too repetitive.

I disagree strongly with both of these
>>
>>88140865
I hated the Challenge Rooms in City because all they did was package them in groups of three and make "restrictions" that work inconsistently. At least Asylum didn't have that bullshit of reusing the same damn Challenge Rooms.
>>
>>88146464
I preferred some of his monologues while foiling his robberies. That's about it, though.

At least Telltale is doing more with him.
>>
>>88145027
she got died
>>
>>88140194
PREGNANCY
TESTS
>>
>>88147948
I'm glad Two-Face had such a big role in the Telltale series.
>>
>>88144530
They are fine Batman stories. Certainly not the best, certainly not the worst.
>>
File: d8a441cc40e293e2c145461367437100.jpg (441KB, 1352x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d8a441cc40e293e2c145461367437100.jpg
441KB, 1352x1024px
>>88140194
One of best cape vidyas to play. Wish there were more like it. City, AK, and Origins were my favorite.

I actually loved the Joker twist in Origins because I just started to really get into Batman around that time. Also the designs for most of the characters in it is fucking goat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.