[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys think of this series one of my friend got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: invisble.jpg (10KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
invisble.jpg
10KB, 181x279px
So what do you guys think of this series one of my friend got me the compendium as a gift
>>
It's entertaining, there's a lot of unnecessary gore and punching and I'm glad it's finally ending.
>>
>>88131048
It's okay. Don't let anyone tell you its any sort of amazing or anything.
>>
>>88131048
It's really good
It seems like a lot of the comics published by image are missing just a few extra things that would make them perfect, but for invincible, that would be the non-rushed ending that people desire
It's a shame, but as you get closer and closer to the end, things just get wrapped up in convenient and disappointing ways
>>
>>88131048
You're not supposed to open your christmas gifts until the 25th desu
>>
>>88131260
maybe he had a birthday
>>
Fucking lot of ketchup
>>
I've seen it compared to DBZ, and I think that's pretty apt. Starts out with all things being relatively reasonable, but because the main character essentially has unlimited potential, the threat level continues to escalate throughout the series until it starts to reach ridiculous levels. I feel like the first 70 or so issues are when the series is at its best, it starts to dip in quality fairly significantly after that.

Not a bad read, though, especially if you like seeing different takes on the "typical" superhero universe- Invincible was kind of conceived with turning that whole concept on its head, and while its success with that concept has varied, it's very interesting to watch the book try to pull it off.

Also, it has Space King Freddy Mercury. So there's that.
>>
>>88131880
Invincible is DBZ for the discerning cape comic fan. It's a power fantasy like any other, but it does it in a way that's relatable, like if Goku weren't an autistic fuck. It has fantastic moments, and it has moments that are jut incredibly poorly written, but overall it succeeds phenomenally at being a fun deconstruction of the flying brick superhero trope. I give it an 8/10 and have no reservations about doing so.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS MURDERANON
>>
>>88131048
I still liked it even post Viltrumite War, but everything prior to it is definitely best part.

Give it a go, it's about to end soon, you just might ketchup.
>>
>>88131088
>it's finally ending
When? How many issues are there left?

I used to read it, and stopped i think when that dinosaur guy tricked Murderman into destroying a city. Is it worth catching up? Because at this point I remember so little I'll probably have to reread from the start.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.