[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what South Park was really missing this season, besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Randy.gif (808KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Randy.gif
808KB, 480x360px
MORE RANDY MOMENTS! THE FUCKING GUY IS THE BEST THING ABOUT THAT SHOW, MOSTLY IGNORED THIS SEASON!!!!! FUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! sorry Randy rage........
>>
>>88127956
The biggest sin was that it wasn't well written. Even if you don't like the the show it was always a solid, well written show. The next biggest sin was the continuous story line and not stand alone shows. It was also too timely and not timeless. I don't want to re-watch them
>>
>>88127956
Randy is something you need to do in doses. If you go full-Randy, you ruin him.
>>
>>88128624
Continuity is not a mistake, it was one of the most welcome changes when it first began. At least, for me. Bite-sized episodes are fine, but SP needed to stretch its legs and try things.

You may be right about making it too topical to be timeless, though. Odds are people are going to be talking about the Trump election for a long time, however.
>>
>>88128819
>Continuity is not a mistake, it was one of the most welcome changes when it first began.

I agree, but it worked in Season 18 and 19 because they used continuity mainly as a way to not have to rely on status quo so much. Season 20 however is basically a 10 parter.
>>
>>88128926
You're absolutely right, in retrospect. It was better when it was just a tie-in and less of a way to subdivide a single extra-long episode. Hopefully the payoff will be worth it though.
>>
>>88127956
I think the plot with Eric and Heidi is pretty good.
>>
>>88127956
Actually, Randy is one of my least favorite characters. I feel like they focus on him way too much.
>>
They shouldn't have based their entire season wide storyline on Hillary winning the election

The Obama election episodes wouldnhave worked easily by simply replacing the roles of the Obama and McKain/Romney

But Trump winning had them literally staple together a shitty mess of a story at the last minute to replace the one they had planned
>>
>>88128755
This. Too much Randy ruins the dish.
>>
>>88129261
wait they thought hilary would win? lol

i know in 2008 they said obama would win and made the episode around him, and if the other guy won they would have still aired the obama one but also would have made one if the other party won too... IIRC
>>
>>88130881
don't listen to him, he's speaking out of his ass and has no evidence for his claims.
>>
>>88127956
My problem with Randy is that he's not really a character with quirks, he's more like a placeholder for them. When they have some outrageous idea or concept, they just give it to Randy only to have it forgotten by the next episode.
>>
>More Randy moments
Fuck off, I'm sick of him hijacking the show.
>>
WACKY RACES?

HOLY SHIT!
>>
>>88127956
Randy is fun as Stan's dad but quickly becomes annoying on his own. On his own his antics are often Peter Griffin level wacky. And it's not as if cartoons or comedy have a shortage of wacky dads.
>>
>>88131005
Nigga, why do you explain Hillary being so important on the episode right after Trump won. The only Trump reference was the first minute.
They thought Hillary would of won and scrapped it to take out any mention of her winning, and quickly made the first part.
>>
>>88131225
"Wacky dads" is one of those tropes /co/ is adamant about that I don't really have an issue with. Some degree of wild card is entertaining.
>>
>mouth harp starts playing
>>
>>88131263
I think the issue is more in the cases of cast disparity. It works in South Park because everyone's an idiot. Less so in shows where the dumb dad is the odd man out.
>>
>>88129089
Yeah, I don't know if it's because consistent fans of the series have different tastes but after 18 and 19 I started hearing about it again and actually the only reason I'm watching it now is because some friends recommended it to me after the eighteenth season South Park Renaissance I guess.

19 was really good.

Seems like everything got hosed this season by the election and they're going to go back to a looser format if not necessarily the stand-alone format.
>>
>>88130881
The really, really obviously thought Hillary was going to win.
>>
>>88131376
And the reason they couldn't just make two episodes was because there was an arc that could only lead up Trump losing and it blew it, and they had to half-scrap the episode and rush a new one using whatever assets they already had or count make in time.
>>
>>88131376
I can't really blame them for the assumption. People really seemed to hate Trump. But with a liberal media, that was just a sounding chamber, I guess.
>>
I wonder if all you watched were episodes 1 and 10, if you would feel like you missed anything.
>>
>>88131399
And yet, all the INTERNAL polling that these hacks, including Hillary's campaign, made it absolutely clear that people hated Hillary much more than Trump. But the ignored that, and are asshurt about it.

The media couldn't believe America, the country that gobbles up all that reality TV stuff for the past 15 years at least, and Trump is a large part of that diet, would go for Trump and *not* for the most hated woman in America. They thought people would remember that a vote for Hillary was a vote for Bill, and everyone loves Bill. They seemed to forgot that half the voting base is too young to have paid attention back when Bill ran the show, and everyone loved him. But people remember Trump from all his shows and appearances, and he comes across a lot closer to "one of us" than Hillary. Hence, Trump victory.
>>
>>88131263
I personally don't like it on this case because South Park is one of the few shows that isn't about a wacky dad. Randy takes the spotlight from other characters that are much more unique and interesting. Randy just does whatever is the most stupid and the days where he could be the voice of reason are gone. Compare the episode with the fake Stan from the future to OP's pic, in the first he is an idiot but he still manages to give Stan a good honest speech about why marijuana isn't that great while in the second he is using his balls that he gave cancer as a skippy ball to get weed..
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.