[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Little Prince >Ballerina >new Miyazaki film is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: little prince.png (179KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
little prince.png
179KB, 259x384px
>The Little Prince
>Ballerina
>new Miyazaki film is going to be CG

How does /co/ feel about the fact that Europe and Japan are finally starting to embrace CG?
>>
>>88126464
Who cares as long as Europe keeps its trend of cultural inspirations and not succumbing to pop-culture and fandomshit.

"CG is inherently bad" is a stupid meme for people who want to sound like they have taste.
>>
Is that Ballerina movie any good?

And was it originally a French movie dubbed in English or is is actually English.
>>
>>88127957

Ballerina doesn't have a wide release yet. Based on Wikipedia, it's a French film but they did an English dub only. I haven't seen a French language trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmK7X0swHrE
>>
>>88129085
It is apparently an English-language movie according to Wikipedia and IMDB (they are sometimes wrong) made in France but the lip-syncing is a bit off and suggests that it's a French movie which was dubbed in English. And the lip-syncing has a kind of English-dubbed-wuxia-film feel to it despite being a family animated movie.

The English dub has one of my favorite /mu/ /wpop/ artists (Carly Rae Jepsen).

By the way, I thought it was a rule that all mo-cap movies have to look realistic like in Kingsglaive.

Also, is The Little Prince another case of a French movie originally made in English or was it just dubbed?
>>
I always thought the Little Prince was weird. I didn't get it as a kid
>>
>>88126464
>>
File: 1425034066693.gif (1MB, 172x162px) Image search: [Google]
1425034066693.gif
1MB, 172x162px
>>88126464
>Europe and Japan are finally starting to embrace CG
>starting
Have you had your face in the dirt for the last decade?
>>
>>88129396
The little prince is the original title according to IMDB, but it also lists France as country.

It had an american director too.
>>
>>88129085
http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=19565343&cfilm=232143.html
>>
>>88126464
>new Miyazaki movie has less attention on /a/ than Code Gayass
This reminds me why I never bother to browse that shithole for japanese anime.
>>
fun fact: the little prince was the second most profitable movie from France outside the country.
First one being Taken 3.
>>
There have been CG animated movies and shows in Japan for years. Appleseed was made in 2004. But they are few in number even today, and the industry is firmly in the hand-drawn animation camp.
>>
>>88133435
>japanese anime
>>
>>88126464

The US lead in CGI has largely been one of technology and capital, and that lead is becoming smaller as computing power becomes cheaper. It was inevitable that Europe would become competitive. They have been for a while. Illumination is French, and they upended Dreamworks' business model.

Japan's not as clear. Gaming snatches up most of the good CGI talent, leaving old 2D artists to make an awkward transition to 3D. The strengths of Japanese 2D animation (efficiency and high technical drawing ability) mean almost nothing to CGI. They're also not willing to spend the kind of money necessary to produce even a mid-range CG film on a regular basis.

Europe and India are going to take our 3D animation jobs, while Japan is going to keep chugging along, doing its own thing.
>>
>>88126464

is this shit supposed to be some kind of wander over yonder ripoff since they know it got canned?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.