[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warner Bros. Pushes Back The Release Date Of James Wan's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 146890.jpg (12KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
146890.jpg
12KB, 640x333px
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/warner-bros-pushes-back-the-release-date-of-james-wans-aquaman-starring-a147249

So what are your hopes for this movie? Anything particular you'd like to see?
>>
>>88121791
I want Arthur to fight some real scary lovecraftian monster shit. And I want an R rating so I can see Mera's tits.
>>
>>88121791
My hopes are that they give up on this attempt at a DCCU and start all over because they've been given a hand full of shitty cards.
>>
>>88121853
DCEU is gay. R rating means CG blood and manbutt
>>
Black Manta. That's all I care about. He's one of my favorite villains and when they announced they were going to use him instead of Ocean Master I was overjoyed. I hope they cast someone who can really make him terrifying.
>>
>Aquaman by horror director James Wan in the month of Haloween.
I'm cool with this.
>>
>>88121791
So what are your hopes for this movie?
>> Tonal Equivalent to say Winter Solider.
>> Mera is never ever a bitch or unlikable.
>> Mera is sexualized periodically.
>> Once her and Arthur are together I want them to be fiercely loving and loyal.
>> Black Manta to not be Atlantian as has been rumored, leave him be a human villain.
>> Idris Elba, Michael Jai White or Michael K Williams to play Manta.
>> Manta's design to be menacing as fuck and not silly while still faithful.
>>
I'm guessing everything hinges on Justice League. Kind of hope it does poorly, because I couldn't bare to see them fuck up Black Manta
>>
>trying THIS hard to do a complete 180 on Aquaman's public image when literally the entire world thinks of him as a joke
>implying they'll convince anyone or change anyone's mind when the (false) impression that he's dumb and useless is so ingrained in pop culture
Like...Deadpool just came out and was massively successful, proving that deviating from the formula of most capeshit movies totally works. Why would you not go with the joke and do a more self aware and comedic movie specifically about how Aquaman is a pretty fucking silly hero even next to Supes and friends? You can even end it with a big proving himself scene that, after being a bit of a loser and enduring narrative jokes at his expense he proves he is a top tier hero. It just feels like so much wasted potential.
>>
>>88121866
They probably won't abandon anything they already started filming, but the future isn't set in stone.

It's more likely they'd just tail off announcing sequels.

>>88121791
After Black Panther. Direct competition probably isn't in their favor; possibly they've just heard that Fantastic Beasts 2 is going to take their slot.

If that's the case, it means DCEU is playing second fiddle for the next, oh, five movies, so ten years, twelve years, something like that?

There's no room for a weak movie that year, either. Not just Marvel; there's Star Wars looking to shit all over anything that gets in the ring with it, there's plenty of good stuff coming 2018. Lot of big-name sequels and shit too.

Not a good year to be trying to move around.
>>
>>88122299
The worst part is that they won't stick to what they chose. Now they will try to make it FUN just like Suicide Squad. And then you have neither, but a mess.
>>
>>88121791
Indifference. It's directed by a director I don't care for at all, It's starring a dude that can't act and only knows how to portray one type of emotion, it's a DC movie, so you know executives are going to fuck with it like they always do, and his portrayal from everything I've seen so far, they're trying way too hard to make him look badass and its coming off as laughable and cringey.
>>
>>88122299
>about how Aquaman is a pretty fucking silly hero even next to Supes and friends?
BECAUSE ITS NOT MOTHER FUCKING TRUE!
>>
>>88122744
It's true to the mainstream audience and the people who watch this horseshit. They just want batman, or a movie with a bunch of mindless action.
>>
>>88121791
DC LOSES AGAIN!
>>
>>88122299
A few Family Guy jokes and a 40 year old cartoon don't count as pop culture, FG also parodied Star Wars that doesn't mean it has suddenly become a joke.
>>
>>88122779
>or a movie with a bunch of mindless action.
If that was true then the biggest complaints about Mos and Bvs would not be the "overlong" action scenes.
>>
>>88122797
>A few Family Guy jokes and a 40 year old cartoon don't count as pop culture
Are you really this retarded? You also left out years of saturday night live sketches.
>>
File: 1471418366236.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471418366236.png
10KB, 429x410px
This all could have been avoided if Man of Steel just wasn't such a disaster.
>>
>>88122869
But it was fucking phenomenal and there is nothing here that needed to be avoided every single thing about this film sounds fucking fantastic except Arthur not already being married to Mera.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.