[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Crystal would actually benefit from a CGI reboot Those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 02_kira.jpg (130KB, 800x648px) Image search: [Google]
02_kira.jpg
130KB, 800x648px
The Dark Crystal would actually benefit from a CGI reboot

Those puppets were freaking creepy
>>
>>88120772
The actual movie is done and made, if it were reboot that wouldn't undo what's already been done, it'd just be a new product using it as a source. Nobody benefits from a reboot other than the people making money off it.
>>
>>88120772

Nah, those puppets were dope as shit, creepy is part of the appeal.

Also i was strangely attracted to the girl puppet for some reason.
>>
File: DC_Kira_3816.jpg (115KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Kira_3816.jpg
115KB, 764x551px
>>88120919
Attractive?

Nah... can't see it.
>>
>>88120984

nigga you gay then
>>
>>88120984
she looks better in motion

I did like the "twist" that the chosen one was a little bitch and his girlfriend did pretty much all the work. That was actually unusual and progressive back when this was made.
>>
>>88121166
>I did like the "twist" that the chosen one was a little bitch and his girlfriend did pretty much all the work.

I haven't seen this in ages, so I'll have to take your word for it
>>
>>88120772
>>88120984
Dick sucking lips.
>>
>>88120772
the puppets are the only good thing about that movie you retard

it's fucking boring as shit
>>
>>88120772
Nigger they already made a Dark Crystal reboot and it was dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RudzOqb-fRc
>>
File: The_Skeksis.png (2MB, 1920x816px)
The_Skeksis.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>88120772

The skeksis won't look rotten enough
>>
File: 14807267919190.jpg (277KB, 640x960px)
14807267919190.jpg
277KB, 640x960px
>>88121250
Hmmm?
>>
Reminder that the Dark Crystal sequel that Genndy Tartakovsky was once going to direct years ago is being done as a comic now.
>>
>>88121471
They didn't look as scary as they could have been
>>
>>88121513
>Countless decades have passed since the events of the original film. Though Jen and Kira have ruled Thra from the Crystal Castle peacefully as King and Queen, bringing Gelfling back to the land, they have become distracted by power and can no longer feel or see the needs of the world and its people the way they once did. Enter Thurma, a young Fireling girl tasked with obtaining a shard of the Dark Crystal—by any means necessary—to restore power to her realm. This sets in motion an incredible adventure in which Thurma will attempt to steal a crystal shard, befriend the young Gelfling Kensho, and accidentally bring back the Skeksis and Mystics.
>>
>>88121561
>Though Jen and Kira have ruled Thra from the Crystal Castle peacefully as King and Queen, bringing Gelfling back to the land

incest?
>>
>>88120772
It looks like he's giving it to that fucking crystal man
>>
>>88120772
That was part of the appeal though.
Even the good guys were sorta grimy and unsettling. It really helped set the mood for their world.
>>
>>88121706
grimy and unsettling or uncanny valley?
>>
>>88120772
Dark Crystal is a crazy movie. I wouldn't hate a reboot of some kind.
>>
>>88120772
It's like an 80's glam rock music video in the background there
>>
File: where dat pussy at.png (41KB, 139x155px) Image search: [Google]
where dat pussy at.png
41KB, 139x155px
>>88120772
>The Dark Crystal would actually benefit from a CGI reboot
>CGI

Yeah, I don't think a puppetry company would really agree with that.
>>
>>88122316
The gelfling puppets were scarier than the skeksis
>>
>>88122316
Outside licensing the 80s stuff they still own, Jim Henson Company's mostly staying afloat on shitty CG mo-cap stuff these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSX7C6jUq8c

Disney should just finish the job and buy them out so the Henson Company has the financial backing to actually do puppet stuff and the Muppet franchise can regain some sense of direction and drive
>>
>>88121228
To be clear, she does most of the work in getting them past a lot of dangers and getting them to the castle, but he ultimately braves the Skeksis themselves and restored the Crystal to wholeness.
>>
>>88121594
Crystal incest is okay. As long as the babies won't be born freaks, go ahead, fuck your mom and sisters!

>Kira's Children running a train on her encouraged by her watching husband, his dick surrounded by his newest granddaughter
>>
>>88122155
That's the whole appeal of the movie, it's a really crazy music video stretched into an entire film
>>
>>88124918
>won't be born freaks

They already look inbred
>>
>>88124969
Right but he literally looks like a rock star singing into a mic, pretty amusing
>>
>>88125001
Gelflings are supposed to look like that, honest!
>>
I have vague memories of there being a nude scene in the movie
>>
>>88121594
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there were more stragglers. I mean fuck, remember how old Star Wars EU had like a hundred Order 66 survivors still alive post-ROTJ?
>>
>>88125524
Seems silly, if a hundred jedi joined the alliance, the empire would have been fucked

look at how much trouble luke and his friends caused
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.