[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time Sam Wilson made Steve look like a genocidal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 42

File: 20.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Remember that time Sam Wilson made Steve look like a genocidal maniac because he wanted to uphold "freedom of the press" as defined by an opportunistic sensationalist money-grubbing reporter?

Today's Captain America, everybody!
>>
>>88112005
They're kind of writing him as a new character though aren't they?
>>
>>88112005
What's the context of this, exactly?
>>
File: 13.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112117
Nuke was tricked into attacking a Eurasian city. Cap managed to talk him down. This journalist accidentally made her presence known, causing Nuke to freak out as he thought she was there to make American soldiers look bad (which she ultimately did).

Sam rescued her and then this happened.

1/2
>>
Freedom of the press exists and is inportant whether or not you like what they have to say or why they say it.
>>
File: 14.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
2/2

Yup. Sam's a turd. Also, unlike Sally Floyd, she was never put to task for this warping of the facts.
>>
>>88112005
>"freedom of the press"

They're working on that right now. Soon everybody will be able to just write everything and call it: "news".
>>
>>88112313
"Freedom of the press"

Fucking bitch, why you fucking lying.
>>
>>88112313
I don't see how Sam's wrong here. It's debateable whether what he did was right but he stuck to an American principle.
>>
>>88112005
>Know Steve years
>See's photograph of him acting out of character
>Instead of asking him to explain go straight to thinking he's evil now.
>>
>>88112333
The problem isn't with the press being free or people being able to speak their minds, that's how it should be, the problem is with blatant misreporting of the facts and interest-based journalism.
He shouldn't take her camera away, but he should sock her face for the bullshit.
>>
>>88112313
I don't see the problem. Sam did the right thing.
>>
File: 0013.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
0013.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112367
>>88112333
She did it for the clicks! And the cash! But mostly the cash!
>>
>>88112413
Like I said, he did I'd he right thing but he'd be right-er by punching her skull until it caves after the fact.
>>
File: 0007.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
0007.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112383
No. You don't get it. Sam was THERE for when Cap was trying to peacefully negotiate with Nuke. That handshake? Was Nuke helping Steve back on his feet because he realized he was wrong.

Sam didn't bother checking what was in the camera or properly ask the reporter how she was going to spin her story with what was inside it.

She just went FIRST AMENDMENT and he caved nigh-instantly.
>>
>>88112401
>I don't see the problem. Sam did the right thing.

Sally Floyd should be spit on every time she shows up in a book. She's probably the second shittiest character in the entire Marvel Universe.
>>
>>88112397
Another problem is that these days many people choose to believe news stories that favor their "side" and ignore any news that says otherwise, labeling it as "biased".
>>
>>88112536
Sure, but Sam did the right thing.
>>
File: 11.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112550
>>88112397
Yup.
>>
>>88112005

Sam did the rght thing in allowing for freedom of press, but the moment that article came out they should have all gone full Trump on the biased reporting.

>The media is SO corrupt... It's unbelievable folks.
>>
>>88112583
>Sure, but Sam did the right thing.

He could have let her leave with the camera *and* a face full of spit.
>>
>>88112486
>where were you when Nuke was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT?
>>
>>88112696

Oh nooo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbA5RE9eK08
>>
File: 15.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112696
In deep thought.
>>
>>88112784
I'm pretty sure that Vietnam vets weren't treated THAT badly.
>>
Thankfully now that Trump is in charge he'll be tightening up the libel laws and we won't have to worry about this treasonous 'freedom of the press' nonsense any more.
>>
>>88112005
All Steve had to do was give a Press Conference explaining things and call the reporter out for her lies.
>>
>>88112806

The biggest blame was put on the generals but the idea of the soldiers becoming monsters in there was prett widespread.

>It ain't me starts playing.
>>
>>88112806
It was pretty bad, they were spat on, sworn at, called baby-killers, and generally reviled.
>>
>>88112806
They were treated pretty badly.
>>
File: 0018.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
0018.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112847
>>88112860
>>88112806
Mhmm.
>>
>>88112486
>Dat last panel
Is editorial really that lazy that they won;t notice a tattoo being on a gun?
>>
>>88112333
That's why we have this little thing called libel, and soon we will be able to sue people and get lots of money from libel

Why I'm thinking about suing that Milo character for libel
>>
>>88112784
>>88112806
It was, but unlike World War 2 which was clear and simple the Vietnam War was a giant mess with no clear goal.
>>
File: 0019.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px)
0019.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88112893
>>88112832
Well Remender's run had no brakes and by the time Cap had time to do that, he had been turned into an old man and Zola was invading New York with his interdimensional monster army so the issue remained unaddressed by the time things were capped off by the ending of All-New Captain America.
>>
Wew lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdYRN8Clddw
>>
>>88112891
Yes they are
>>
>>88112891
How do you know that he doesn't have a tattoo on the gun?
>>
>>88112825
He won't. Congress knows that if they open up that can of worms conservative media would be far more endangered. They're the ones that got rid of the Fairness Doctrine after all.
>>
>>88112999
I think that was sarcasm, though Trump pretty much is trying to do away with the press.
>>
>>88112860
The "spat on" thing is an urban legend, the rest is true, even if it wasn't to the extent many think.
>>
>>88112999
>the Fairness Doctrine
The what now?
>>
>>88112271
>>88112313
Seems to me like Sam did the right thing and shouldn't be held responsible for the reporter's misrepresentation of the facts.
>>
>>88112413
>Yeah, I'm basically starving AND risking my life here unless I can deliver some shitty dude sitting in a nice chair somewhere far away from here something he can use to fabricate a scandal out of nothing

The facts are on the table right there, folks.
>>
>>88112999
In fucking 1987.
>>
>>88113014
More like he is shitting on the press that backed his opponent.
As a foreign observer and a latino, I have to say it's pretty clear that american media is heavily biased both to the right and to the left.
If you want an unbiased view you're better off shitposting here, at least if you go to enough boards you'll get a pretty broad range of opinions.
>>
>>88113037
The one that required the media to report all sides of major issues and present things in a an actually fair and balanced way.
>>
>>88112999
I, don't think so. Remember, it was CNN and NBC who were lying to everyone for the last year and a half.
>>
File: mfw robots.gif (224KB, 479x743px) Image search: [Google]
mfw robots.gif
224KB, 479x743px
>>88112860
>they were spat on
Reminder that the only documented instance of that was a Republican spitting on a veteran protesting more kids being forced to participate in a really pointless war that was unwinnable by design.

All other instances happened in movies and the right-wing press only.
>>
>>88113076
You know that explains a lot
>>
>>88113068
Seriously, the amount of shilling I saw in media for Hillary and making Trump out to be the worst fate possible for America was ridiculous. And I don't even think he's gonna be a good president.

It got so bad there was that big deal the news station made about retracting the shit they had been saying about him after he actually surprised everyone and won.
>>
>>88113068
I'd say that the media on the left's bias manifests itself on what stories they focus on and which they ignore, often distorting the truth. Even then, the media on the left will still try and act balanced, hence why even they focused a lot on the Hillary e-mails.
The media on the right's bias comes from spreading lies, even blatant ones.
>>
>>88112310
It is important. You know what else is important? Reporting facts and not reporting your bullshit story.
>>
>>88113087
Not saying you're wrong, but which ones are you talking about?
And can you honestly tell me that Fox News and Breitbart don't lie?
>>
>>88112860
>called baby-killers

Seems pretty mild for people who engaged in chemical warfare against civilians...
>>
>>88112999
Remember the repeal in 2013 on the Propaganda ban?
>>
>>88113132
>hence why even they focused a lot on the Hillary e-mails.
Even that was a problem, because the e-mails got more coverage then poverty, global warming, foreign policy and budget. Combined

Your media is fucking awful at their job
>>
>>88113068
>More like he is shitting on the press that backed his opponent.

How does that even make sense? No news channel didn't go out on its way to remind people of E-Mails every other day in the name of fair coverage.
>>
>>88112937
And now they are spinning with a ratings of 16% of the news share.
>>
>>88112486
Anon, the entire point of Sam's decision is that he doesn't "get" to do that. Its not his place. If she wants to use it that way, its entirely her right, and taking the camera is still theft.
>>
>>88113189
The right seems to think that because the media reported Donald Trump's own words and actions that means they're biased.
>>
>>88113257
but he didn't MEAN them!
>>
>>88113234
Could he confiscate the camera, delete the pictures, and then give it back?
Keep in mind, they're in Eastern Europe in the middle of a warzone, not in America.
>>
>>88113234
Its just proving the point that laws are wrong, and things go bad when vigilantes start following them instead of actually doing the right thing.
>>
>>88113267
>Donald Trump tells it like it is!
>He didn't mean that!
>>
>>88113279
He can do it and get away with it, but it wouldn't be living up to his ideals.
>>
>>88113279
I don't know, probably not. Its still destruction of property.

>>88113286
I completely agree.
>>
>>88113300
look, all politicians are liars. they dishonestly lie. but Trump honestly lies! he says things that are obviously not true, without even caring if he's caught!

That's authenticity.
>>
>>88113149
Not really, what was that about?
>>
>>88113329
But when he says he'll bring back jobs, repeal Obamacare, lock Hillary up, get rid of all illegals, build a wall paid by Mexico and Make America Great Again, he really means it!
>>
>>88113068
>More like he is shitting on the press that backed his opponent.
Hardly. CNN is a big part of why Trump got so big, since they covered every single one of his rallies in full and made it a spectacle.

No news channel talked about policy, none of them talked about Trump's conflicts of interests or his big money donors. It was just pussygate and emails and free advertising for trump.

However, there is a very big difference between the 24/7 news channels and the *actual* press. Trump is disavowing both, and that is awful for transparency. We should not have found out about Ivanka sitting in with the Japanese Prime Minister or her joining a call with Argentina's President from THEIR press. That is insanity.
>>
>>88113257
Did you not bother to read or watch the actual statements or compare some of the out-of-context misrepresentation?
Just because you saw it on the news it doesn't make it true, and if you didn't bother to actually check it out then you shouldn't pretend it is and that your sources are accurate.
>>
>>88113425
>>88113329
Now this is just circlejerking.

>Look how smart and right we are, haha! We don't even need to back our claim
>>
>>88113561
But even pussygate is a legit thing to cover, because he brags about getting away with sexual harassment.
>>
>>88113577
>>88113425
Not that guy, but, Trump/GOP have dialed back on all those claims, or they're outright impossible.

They're not even sure how to tackle Obamacare.
>>
>>88113577
>That's the joke
>>
>>88113562
I did, the context usually didn't help or only made things worse.
There were countless times when I saw a headline and thought "this can't possibly be true", then listened to the statement/read the tweet and lo and behold it was.
And then of course there's the debates, which I watched with no spin. Just pure unfiltered Donald.

Of course, there are news unrelated to things that Trump said, such as all the rumors about his taxes, business deals, mafia connections, etc. Those I'm usually more skeptical about, but Trump does very little to dissuade me that they're not true.
>>
>>88112486
I like how the artist was super lazy and just shopped nuke's tattoo
>>
>>88112005
To be fair, Sam Wilson as Cap contantly complains about how much the media sucks.
>>
>>88113329

Based presidet Loki
>>
>>88113609
At a certain point, it becomes a deluge of "wow he said that!!?" without really meaning anything. Here's a very good example, there's a story of a Trump voter being shocked and disappointed in Trump picking Steven Mnuchin for Treasury Secretary. Mnuchin was on Trump's campaign team, but no one ever reported on that, or the actual contrast of who Trump surrounded himself while championing himself as being the one to take on Wall Street.

How many people know Trump's infrastructure proposal will create a lot more toll roads? How many people know the Carrier "deal" was just a huge handout to keep less than half of the jobs in the US?

The *media* is not Anti Trump. They are *for* ratings, and Trump's campaign was good for business so they covered his every waking moment. Just because they covered his entirety, warts and all, does not mean they were against him. At the end of the day, he got a lot more coverage than Clinton did.
>>
>>88113784
>huge handout
That was a tax break
And how is saving half when they were planning to move to a site that was already under construction a bad thing?
>>
>>88113784
This. The mainstream media priritzes ratings over any agenda.
The right-wing media pushes their agenda because that's how they get ratings.
>>
>>88112413
Still mad Spencer had to make Sokovia a thing in 616 when Nrosvekistan could've been perfect for his story
>>
>>88113784
>it becomes a deluge of "wow he said that!!?" without really meaning anything
And I delude to my previous point
>Your media is fucking awful at their job

>How many people know the Carrier "deal" was just a huge handout to keep less than half of the jobs in the US?
Nobody, I doubt people even knows that plans to keep jobs in the US by lowering cooperate tax to 15%

Unless he goes with the bill that Sanders gave, which makes it so that American cooperation's has to pay as much tax outside the US and they would inside the US. Making it as expensive to have outside the US
>>
>>88112413
>>88112486
Stupid bitch should've used USM lens that don't make a sound. Or telephoto from much further away.
>>
>>88113784
>>88113882
I know about the Carrier deal. I tried explaining it to my conservative friend but he wouldn't listen and insisted that Trump had done more for America before getting inaugurated than Obama did in 8 years.
>>
>>88113820
A 7 million dollar tax break IS a hand out. It's a bad thing because they are still moving more than half their jobs out of the country, and the jobs they are keeping are low wage, high turnover jobs, so they aren't going to be sticking around for long either.

It was a PR stunt for Trump, plain and simple, he gets to say "I kept jobs in the US!" and people see that because that's all the media reports. Who cares that he's already backing down on his promise of punitive actions against outsourcing and is actively doing the opposite? Who cares about the precedent he's setting that promising to oursource now gets you big bonuses from the US? The media doesn't, because "president elect saves jobs before being sworn in!" is a nice headline.

>>88113882
Yeah, US media is really bad. There's a few gems, like the NYT, but for the most part, it's all really bad fluff garbage.
>>
>>88113929
I'm still confused by the Carrier deal, from the looks of it 2000 were planned on being moved. Then Trump threatened them with taxes if they left, and offered a tax break if they stay and saved 1000 that wouldn't exist otherwise. So what exactly was the problem?
>>
>>88112860
The worst part was that a lot of them were already either nervous wrecks, or coke addicts.
>>
>>88113969
So instead of keeping a 1000 jobs and all the taxes you would get, you would rather lose all that?
>>
>>88113999
honestly there's nothing really wrong with it, but it's such a small deal and it's getting such huge attention.

conversely, Obama oversaw the saving of the U.S. auto industry at the start of his term and the Republicans bashed him for it even though millions of jobs ended up being saved.
>>
>>88114014
>Implying Carrier won't get rid of those jobs a year from now while nobody is paying attention
>>
Unironically, Sam dindu nuffin.

Ultimately, he ended up having had made the wrong call, but for the right reasons. It's not his fault the bitch took advantage.

All-New Captain America was good, but CASW is atrocious. It's known that Spencer is a petty cunt though and dislikes Memender.
>>
>>88114050
>implying you Trump wouldn't screw them if they made him look bad
>>
>>88114067
That's why I said when nobody is paying attention. By then the media will have moved on to something else and nobody will care what Carrier does. And since nobody will care, Trump won't either.
>>
>>88114067
This. Carrier is part of United Technologies and they could lose huge defense contracts if Trump decided to punish them.

If Obama did this, the right would be going nuts. And some of the more honest conservatives aren't thrilled with Trump doing it, either.
>>
>>88114098
>And some of the more honest conservatives aren't thrilled with Trump doing it, either.
Yeah, I may disagree with most of these people on many issues, but I respect when they stick to their principles instead of going all "It's OK if you're a Republican"

>http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/01/donald-trumps-carrier-deal-is-just-cronyism-as-usual/
>>
>>88113999
>>88114014
It's 800 jobs being kept. An entire factory is being shut down, and even the main factory in Indianpolis is losing some of its jobs too.

The actual jobs being kept, again, are low wage, high turn over jobs that won't be around in a year or two anyway, and certainly won't make up for the 7 million dollars in taxes we are losing out on.

It's a bad deal, and it's the exact opposite of what Trump promised he'd do, but it's a nice headline, so that's why he did it.
>>
>>88114218
Could I get source?
>>
>>88114240
Source on what?
>>
>>88114334
>The actual jobs being kept, again, are low wage, high turn over jobs that won't be around in a year or two anyway, and certainly won't make up for the 7 million dollars in taxes we are losing out on.
>>
>>88114334
What he said.>>88114355
>>
>>88114240
http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/donald-trump-carrier-deal-jobs/

>Hayes explained that the jobs were lower-wage and had high turnover, and the move was necessary to keep the plant competitive, according to the source. He said the plan would save the company $65 million a year.
>>
>>88114355
>Liberals beleive they have the right to the money other people earn.
It's fascinating the depths liberals will go to rationalize their greed.
>>
>>88114414
>Liberals beleive they have the right to the money other people earn.
Are you for or against corporate welfare?
>>
>>88114414
I like taxes, it the backbone of all nations. The less money you get in taxes the less your nation can spend
>>
>>88114459
Don't bother anon, he's probably a libertarian that doesn't believe in taxes at all, so he doesn't see tax breaks as corporate welfare but as something we need more of.
>>
>>88114482
>less your nation can spend
I think that's the point
>>
>>88114482
>nation
You mean state.
>>
>>88114495
I honestly don't get how Libertarians have only gotten more vocal after 2008. You'd think an economic collapse caused by the 1% running roughshod on the country would make them realize regulations and taxes aren't inherently bad.
>>
>>88114529
Simple, they blame the economic collapse on liberals and regulation and ignore any evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>88114547
Well, Trump wants to get rid of Dodd-Frank, so maybe a second economic collapse will wake people up.

How depressing.
>>
File: CAP.jpg (71KB, 335x667px) Image search: [Google]
CAP.jpg
71KB, 335x667px
>>88112005
>>
>>88114597
They'll still blame liberals somehow.
>>
>>88114547
>Regulations require and reward banks giving bad loans
>Bad loans collapse
>Somehow government is not too blame

Ok
>>
Sam is right to give her back her camera, but it's journalistic malpractice on her part not to ask Cap for comment
>>
>>88112005
I forget, was the reporter working for the bad guy whose objective was to make America look bad?
>>
>>88114808
>journalistic malpractice
Doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>88114917
People lose faith in publications that don't follow protocol, because it results in then being wrong so often. For all that Breitbart is guilty of, they always reach out to their subject for comment.
>>
>>88112784
>>88112806
Goofy thing is, the biggest protestors to the Vietnam war, were the veterans of it.
>>
>>88114966
>People lose faith in publications that don't follow protocol
How are places like NBCNews or CNN still followed then?
They've been horribly wrong for years

News isn't about being informed. It's about confirmed.
>I believe X. What place will tell that I'm right to believe X?
It doesn't matter what the truth is.
>>
>>88114808
When he's standing next to a man who tried to SHOOT him?
>>
>>88115012
You have the exclusive pic. You can wait a day to reach out through official channels and get a response.
>>
>>88114967
You're conflating all protestors to be the same.

Vets obviously protested Nam because it was a shitshow that got soldiers killed
But there were very many people who protested it because of the atrocities the news told them was going on.
Remember "LBJ LBJ HOW MANY BABIES DID YOU KILL TODAY?"

The people coming back where blamed for what they thought it was like.

That part of Nuke's rant is right. Vets were blamed by many people for everything.
>>
>>88114999
Nice job getting those talking points from a media outlet.
>>
>>88115078
?
>>
>>88114999
That's why public opinion never changes, right?
>>
>>88115094
He means that what you're saying sounds like something out of Fox News or Breitbart.
>>
>>88115126
Or the New Yorker. There's been a lot of unwarranted cynicism going around lately
>>
>>88115118
It's harder than before because with the internet, it's far easier to always find "proof" for whatever you believe
People still change their minds
>>
>>88115156
How is it unwarranted?
The last few months of "professional" reporting has been absolutely terrible
For both sides.
The leftward facing news sights were reporting shit like 95% chance that Hilary would be elected
Or that it was the Russian government who leaked her emails

The right was just as bad too with eating up what Trump was spewing or exaggerating whatever crime Hillary was guilty of this week.

It's been terrible
>>
>>88115052
>But there were very many people who protested it because of the atrocities the news told them was going on.
>Implying atrocities weren't going on

Napalm Sticks to kids.
>>
>>88115168
I would argue that it's much easier than before. Compare the speed of change to 50 or 100 years ago, when every source of information you got was capable of colluding with the others. People are better informed than ever. Every article on "post-truth" voters is basically just saying that the voters' value scale was different from what the writer thought it should be. People know the facts, they just didn't care about what people thought they would care about
>>
>>88115224
I'd say that the right was worse acually.
>>
>>88115274
But people were sharing articles about the Pope endorsing Donald Trump and believing them.
>>
>>88115224
Because it's through other firms of media that we know how false their narratives are. We have so many options for news, it's ridiculous. Yes many are biased, but the sheer glut of information means that it's easier than ever to pick out the truth. Imagine if we only had the three biggest sources to get our news from.
>>
>>88115237
I'm not saying there weren't.
It was a terrible stupid pointless war.

But the news reports "US soldiers kill civilians in small village"
They don't hear "Local source lists village as Cong stronghold. Villagers attack US soldier due to language difficulties. Asymmetrical causalities ensue"
>>
>>88115306
And a hundred years ago they shared pamphlets claiming that Eleanor Roosevelt was secretly leading an organization to make whites into slaves. The difference is that now it takes days to debunk instead of years.
>>
>>88115274
People aren't better informed though

You're write in that it's easier to find facts now than every before
But facts are still buried between mountains of shit
It's easy to find ANYTHING now, regardless of the true factor

If I'm a Trump supporter, and I google "Hillary crimes" I can find a dozen pages right there saying that she's literally treasonous.
People don't go looking beyond the first page of google
They don't investigate the citations of the articles they read.

The google something they believe, and then since they see multiple hits on google for it, they believe even stronger

And that's not even getting into the shit tornado of social media
>>
>>88115352
Most people don't have the time or energy to debunk everything they hear.
At most they'll do a casual google search and if they don't word the search very carefully, all they'll see is confirmation
>>
>>88115324
The problem is that people don't want to "pick out the truth"
You're right for that the people who put in the effort will find something probably closer to the truth

But most don't.
That's the problem.

If everyone was critical and put the effort into all parts of their lives, we'd have so many fewer problems
>>
>>88114506
potayto, potahto
>>
>>88115420
>>88115441
>>88115477
The only argument I hear from you is that people choose to be ignorant, and I defy you to prove it. Prove to me that more people are ignorant now than they were before.

There will always be those who choose confirmation bias over reality, but their world is narrowing all the time, and their numbers are fewer than they were. Every generation is better informed than its predecessor, and millennials are no different. Cynicism is silly in a world that's making continual and marked progress
>>
>>88115558
I'm not saying that they're ignorant.
There's a big difference between ignorance and not having the effort to sort through all the crap.

You can't deny that there is a great inundation of information now more than ever.

It's about signal to noise
You're right that there's more signal
But there's a LOT more noise
>>
>>88115599
It's still a better situation than before. Now it's possible to find the answers, and all you have to do is look. There are people who sort through the noise, and they become authorities among their peers who don't want to. We might still be in a world where people are reliant on others for their news, but it's not nearly so hegemonic, and the people they trust have much more to work with.
>>
>>88115719
>they become authorities among their peers who don't want to
Do they though?

I mean for fuck's sake, Donald Trump just got elected
Clearly nobody's listening to anything they don't want to hear

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink
Telling people they're wrong doesn't change their mind
>>
>>88115757
Especially since people can just claim that any media tha says something they disagree with is biased, even when they're reporting objective facts like things they have Donald Trump saying on video.
>>
>>88115757
Ah yes, the "Trump could only be elected by the uninformed" argument

How common you are these days.

Maybe, just maybe, people knew what they were doing when they elected him. I certainly did not vote for him, but there are tons of valid reasons to do so. The main drivers seemed to be a vote against Hillary and the political establishment she represented, and economic nationalism, which has a great deal of very serious champions.
>>
>>88115888
>Ah yes, the "Trump could only be elected by the uninformed" argument
Nigger, you have the absolutely worst reading comprehension I've ever seen
It's like you just see what you want and reply to that
>>
>>88115912
I'm rereading, and I don't think I know what else your argument could have been. Your claim is that Trump's supporters were not listening to well informed authorities. That seems to imply that they were uninformed when they voted. What did i miss?
>>
Really not surprised by the shitposting being done by people who obviously didn't read the run.
>>
>>88116018
I liked the run. I wish somebody brought back Dr. Mindbubble.
>>
>>88115961
Trump didn't just get elected because of his supporters
There's a huge web of bullshit for why Trump is president elect and it's not because "his supporters are idiots"

The election didn't start in November

Every step of the way there was something that could have prevented Trump's victory
Like, Bernie Sanders.
Where did all his momentum go?
People blame the total lack of support by the DNC and things like giving Hillary the debate questions before the debate
People just didn't bother looking for an alternative

Same for the Republican side.

Trump and Clinton were the worst possible candidates for both their parties

The fact that it became a Trump v Clinton election says a lot about what sources people use for their news
>>
>>88116142
I don't think it's fair to blame a lack of information on this. Hillary won her primary, because she seemed like the smart, practical option. Democrats chose an experienced woman, thinking that those two qualities would secure the victory. Absolutely, there was also shady dealing going on, but the voters did choose.

As for saying the Republicans didn't look for an alternative, that's just the opposite of true. They picked their alternative. They could have chosen any of a number of experienced politicians to rub against Hillary, and instead they decided that they wanted an outsider, and it payed off.

Both camps made a logical decision, given their values.
>>
File: madam president.jpg (116KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
madam president.jpg
116KB, 800x420px
>>88116288
If it was so damn logical, why was every major news publication totally blindsighted?

I mean shit, you can find lots of montages of people laughing at Trump
>>
>>88116460
Because their personal biases prevented then from seeing Trump as anything but a clown. His poll numbers weren't outside of winning by any means, and the LA Times poll consistently had him in the lead. 538 admitted that their analysis had him winning the primary long before they gave him the chance, but they couldn't believe the polling.

Politically, he's not that crazy. People just can't get over what a ridiculous character he is
>>
>>88116460
Because the major news publications fucked up in their predictions? It isn't the American people's fault that the media is bad at what they do. Maybe the predictions themselves galvanized Trump supporters into voting.
>>
>>88116626
>It isn't the American people's fault that the media is bad at what they do.
This whole argument isn't about the American people
It's how terrible the media is
So yeah, glad that you saw that
>>
>>88116564
Most national polls were actually right, they showed Hillary ahead by about 3% and she won by almost 2%. LA Times was trash.

State polls were also trash though.
>>
>>88116460

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/161107135449-clinton-trump-newsweek-cover-780x439.jpg

Hey dipshit, many publications have multiple covers ready to put on stand. This isn't an issue of "lying media" this is your dumb ass being too stupid to have an ounce of common sense.
>>
>>88116737
>ready to put on stand
The difference is that they were on the stands
>>
>>88116564
>Politically, he's not that crazy
He is, even by the low standards set by the American right-wing.
>>
>>88116750
How is one retailer's screwup indicative of media collusion?
>>
>>88116564
Don't excuse personal biases
Their whole job is to not have biases
It's like saying a surgeon is fine having shaky hands because lots of people have them

This whole argument is about the lack of journalistic integrity in America now
You're not helping your argument by saying that "American media isn't always wrong, they're just biased and uninformed"

Hell, take a look at the 538's election prediction
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

With just under 75% of winning, this was the lowest of all the predictions for Hillary.

Take a look at Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA.
The three most important states for Trumps victory and they weren't even close

The American news media is in a total shit place now and they've got no one to blame but themselves
>>
>>88116792
How so? Which positions are crazy?
>>
File: what halal edition.jpg (31KB, 397x372px) Image search: [Google]
what halal edition.jpg
31KB, 397x372px
>>88116816
>media collusion
Where are you getting that idea?
>>
>>88116840
I'm not defending them. I'm defending the voters as making logical decisions within the context of their values
>>
>>88116869
What are you trying to claim by posting about the Newsweek cover?
>>
>>88116895
If you bothered to read the posts instead of just looking at the pretty pictures, I used it as an example of the media not knowing what the fuck they were doing
>>
>>88116889
>I'm defending the voters as making logical decisions within the context of their values
Well shit, so do serial killers and pedos.
Saying that "Everyone does what they think they should do" is a totally empty phrase

But that's not even the point
You're defending voters
We're not talking about voters.
We're talking about the media
>>
>>88116916
But Newsweek printed issues for both candidates, which is common practice.
>>
>>88115224
>Or that it was the Russian government who leaked her emails
The media reported that because the US government literally came out and said it was them.
>>
>>88116850
>BUILD WALL and make Mexico pay for it
>Ban muslims from entering the country
>Start trade wars with China
>Global warming is a Chinese Hoax
>Ruining NATO
>Praising Putin
>"Open up the libel laws"
>Lets kill the terrorists' families
>"Do worse than waterboarding" even if it doesn't work, "they deserve it"
>I'd bomb the shit out of an Iranian boat if some sailors made fun of us
>Central Park Five should be executed even though we already caught the real culprit
>Take away the citizenship of anyone that burns the American flag

I could go on
>>
>>88116955
We're talking about whether or not people are better informed than they used to be. The argument being laid out is that the media had done a poor job at informing the the voters, and that if they had known better they wouldn't have chosen Trump. I'm arguing that the voters knew exactly what they were doing, and that they were well informed in choosing him.
>>
>>88117025
like 20% of Trump's voters said that he wasn't qualified to be president and voted for him anyway. they were well informed. they just didn't care.
>>
>>88116972
It is.
But it's not common practice to ship them to retailers before the results now is it?

Man, this thread is rife with exactly the type of shit I've been talking about
People don't dig beyond the surface level

Like this fucker
>>88117003
The US government did no such thing
All they've said is that the it is possible and that the attacks is consistent with the style of a foreign agent
Find one concrete statement by the CIA or a person in an official position saying "It was the Russian government who hacked Clinton's private server"
>>
>>88113122
>All other instances happened in movies and the right-wing press only.

Listen up dispshit. I want you to go on down to the local VVA and tell those men that they weren't spit on. Go back in time to when my father was alive and tell him that he wasn't treated abominably when he got home.

The problem with the D party these days is that they think it stands for "Denial." You cants are so busy trying to call everything fake news or russian propaganda that you're going to run Clinton pt. 3 in 4 years and we're going to watch abortion made illegal in our lifetime cause you dipshits can't ever own up to shit.

When you guys are wondering where all our rights went in 30 years, remember all the shit you said wasn't real and have yourself a little moment of Zen.
>>
>>88113041
This
>>
>>88117051
>they were well informed. they just didn't care.

If only Clinton made a case for herself. But she didn't lol.

>Hey everyone, it's me Katy Perry and I want you to rock the vote while thinking of my big old titties.
>>
>>88117006
I don't want to be a Trump apologist, but nothing he says is literal
He says as much in his book

When you're bargaining with someone you never ever say what you really want. Because then they have control over you
You say something so crazy that your actual request is totally reasonable

Trump is a "judge by what he does and not what he says"
It should be obvious now that his word is worth nothing
One of the first things he's said after being elected is that he supports Obamacare now
>>
>>88117075
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joint-statement-department-homeland-security-and-office-director-national

>The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations.

Here you go.
>>
>>88117075
How are retailers supposed to put them on stands the next day?
>>
>>88117078
He wasn't saying that they weren't treated badly, they absolutely were, he was saying that there haven't been any actual reported instances of Vietnam vets getting literally spat on by hippies.
>>
>>88117078
If you really think that, then it only shows that we never had a chance regardless of party.
>>
>>88117006
>>Praising Putin

Would you guys chill on the restarting the cold war for political points? TIA.
>>
>>88117136
They were on stands earlier than the prior day
>>
>>88117121
not that guy but you know both things can be true at the same time right?
>>
>>88117006
Walls are common in many countries. Mexico feasibly benefits from its construction as well. He may be wrong to say that he can get them to pay for it, but it's not crazy.

After the Paris attack, a fair number of politicians on the US brought up plans to restrict immigration from Muslim countries.

Economic nationalism had its defenders, but i don't know their positions well enough to make the argument

That's a tweet, not a policy position

Requiring members to pay their dues is not ruining

Sounds like diplomacy

Once again, I won't defend it, but it's hardly crazy. Most European countries have stricter speech laws than us

We're already doing that

Most of the rest here are war crimes, which we keep doing. Reprehensible, but not uncommon

Hillary backed a bill in 2005 to criminalize burning the flag

I agree with you that most of these are terrible, but they are not out of the ordinary for politicians
>>
>>88117128
You're not a Trump apologist, because that's a terrible defense of Trump. You basically called him a liar that shouldn't be trusted.
>>
>>88113697
Believe it or not, this has been done as far back as Nuke's introduction. Google Mazzucchelli's penciled comic art for Nuke and you see that he uses only draws a placeholder for the colorist.
>>
>>88117177
>That's a tweet, not a policy position
He's made his position on climate change clear enough with who he's appointed.
Priebus has also came out and said Trump's official stance on climate change is that it's "a bunch of bunk".
>>
>>88117211
Also not uncommon among politicians
>>
>>88117142
>he was saying that there haven't been any actual reported instances of Vietnam vets getting literally spat on by hippies.

Well he obviously didn't spend very much time around any vietnam vets. I did. I did a lot of fundraising with them and for them and I listened to the stories they had to tell. Listening to some dipshit saying "hurf durf, didn't happen, right wing propaganda" is infuriating.

>>88117153
>it only shows that we never had a chance regardless of party.

Well, don't let me get in the way of trying to find something new for Democrats to blame losing on that isn't named Hillary.

>It was Putin
>It's all that "fake news"
>JIll Stein took away our votes
>Everyone's sexist
>Hell, every criticism of our candidate was rooted in sexism
>...
>Waah, just let us win next time.

Y'all need to tighten the fuck up.
>>
>>88117201
>You basically called him a liar that shouldn't be trusted.
Pretty par for the course for a politician
It seemed a prerequisite this cycle too
>>
>>88117165
Again, how does that equal media collusion? That's one retailer's mistake in stocking earlier than they were supposed to. There are cottage industries for making merchandise well before whatever event they're dedicated to occurs, like the Super Bowl.
>>
>>88117177
>>88117236
Just because something is common doesn't mean it's not crazy.
>>
>>88117256
Why do you keep fucking bring up "media collusion"
No one is saying that
>>
>>88117128
>his word is worth nothing
This is a GOOD thing? Doesn't this essentially mean we have NO IDEA what the president is going to do?
Also, his only real interactions with foreign countries IS his word. Foreign relations could turn sour quickly with his mouth.
>>
>>88117176
>not that guy but you know both things can be true at the same time right?

What two things, Clinton ran a shit campaign and the fact that those are some big old titties?

Fact is that the same dudes who vote republican every time voted republican this time. The democrats stayed home this year and that shit's on Clinton.
>>
>>88117253
I'd say that Donald Trump is objecively a much bigger liar than Hillary Clinton, which is a pretty big achievement.
>>
>>88117284
>Just because something is common doesn't mean it's not crazy.
It actually kinda does
>>
>>88117284
I stand by my original statement. As politicians go, he's not crazy
>>
>>88117288
Then what the fuck are you whining about? Why else did you post the 'Hillary Wins!' cover?
>>
>>88117292
>This is a GOOD thing?
Of course not

I'm just saying that Trump isn't the literal anti-christ who is going to set up death camps for trannies and muslims, like the left is implying he will

He's a negotiator and lying about what you really want is a big part of negotiating.
Is that a good trait in a president?
Probably not
But hey, it's what we got now
>>
>>88117300
the fact that there are tons of people who voted for trump despite knowing he has shit qualifications and that Clinton ran a shit campaign.

>The democrats stayed home this year and that shit's on Clinton.
except there are thousands of people who voted for Obama but then voted for Trump
>>
>>88117344
Because it shows that they're totally incompetent and bought into that 99.99% Clinton victory that shit sites like Huffpo were putting out

I've said this before
Just read you idiot
>>
>>88117358
>He's a negotiator and lying about what you really want is a big part of negotiating.
That may work in Real Estate, but won't really work in Government, where what one really wants is a lot more obvious.
>>
>>88117250
The democratic party has already done a lot of soul searching on why they lost. Hillary not campaigning in the only three states that matter is a big part of it, but the hacked emails and random fake shit didn't help either, but I'd say that did more to reaffirm republican voters that might have been demotivated by Trump himself than any effect on clinton voters.

>>88117315
The scientific community is nearly unanimous on this topic, and so is just about every developed first world nation in the world. Even china acknowledges climate change is real.

I'd actually agree that it's not crazy, honestly, since it denies the real reason why they deny climate change. It's not insanity, or irrationality, it's greed, plain and simple. Their donors pay them to fight climate change so they do.
>>
>>88117385
> they're totally incompetent
> by producing a commemorative issue for either candidate winning

what the actual fuck are you talking about
>>
>>88117358
Considering his cabinet I imagine we'll be wishing we had Clinton when things actually get worse. Trump isn't a politician and his cabinet choices are fucking godawful. I can only imagine what his policies are.

Is he the anti-christ, certainly not. But ineptitude isn't a good thing.
>>
File: stop it.jpg (108KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.jpg
108KB, 456x386px
>>88117424
Jesus Christ
Half this thread is me explaining the Newsweek pic

It's fine to plan and even to print copies for either outcome
But it's not fucking normal to send only one version of them to stands
>>
>>88112313

What's the problem? Lying press is rampant now a days, but the other option is to start censoring the press. Cap and SHIELD should come out and give their version.
>>
>>88117422
There's a lot more money going into pro climate change research than anti. And that unanimous stat is super bullshit in the way they cherry picked it. There's plenty to doubt when it comes to the conclusions that have been made in recent years, especially when the models have been so consistently off.
>>
>>88117469
Let's not forget that he'll rubber-stamp whatever Paul Ryan comes up with. Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security might be doomed.
>>
>>88117510
This is a completely baseless statement
>>
>>88117505
>There's a lot more money going into pro climate change research than anti
And how much of that money is going to the GOP?
Probably not as much as the Kochs are paying.
>>
>>88117481
>Cap and SHIELD should come out and give their version.
They sadly didn't have time. They had to deal with a lot of shit right after this, and by the time it was over Steve was turned into an old man.
>>
>>88117505
Are you defending the legitimacy of climate change deniers so you don't have to feel bad about your candidate, or are you legitimately bumfuck stupid?
>>
>>88117510
When welfare actually gets canned I'll feel sorry for all the poor people who actually needed it and weren't abusing the system.
>>
>>88117531
How? Paul Ryan has been pretty vocal about his desire to privatize or gut all of those prograns.
>>
>>88117538

Wait. So this was before SW?
>>
>>88112806
This better be bait.
God I hate this board.
>>
>>88117587
Yes, this is from 2014.
>>
>>88117554
Dude flat earthers are an unironic thing. Of course he's serious. Why bother actually investigating the reports when you could just deny them.
>>
>>88117554
Seriously, go look at the predictive models and how wrong they've been. I'm not willing to make any claims about the climate, because it's pretty obvious that we still don't know all the factors affecting it, and there's a lot of serious, well done research that complicated the simplistic narrative put out by the IPCC.
>>
>>88117476
I don't know what story you're referring to where that's the case.
>>
>>88117469
>His National Security Adviser has leaked secret intelligence.

I wonder who's actually telling him these are good choices.
>>
>>88117556
I won't feel bad for those that were Trump supporters that voted against their own interests.
>>
>>88117584
And his relationship with Trump had been rocky. Trump had also consistently said he doesn't want to touch entitlements. The idea that they'll be a seamless machine is preposterous
>>
>>88117132
>However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government.
>>
>>88117624
>go look at the predictive models and how wrong they've been
According to who?
>>
>>88117654
>Trump had also consistently said he doesn't want to touch entitlements
And you believe him? Trump has said many things.
>>
>>88117675
Reality? They predict average temperature, and they're wrong.

>>88117680
I believe that he is a baby boomer, and that they all love social security
>>
>>88117717
>They
Citations, nigga. Post your source.
>>
>>88117717
Trump doesn't need Social Security though, he's rich, he doesn't care.
>>
>>88117636
Copies of the Clinton victory condition Newsweek was shipped to stores before election day
The Trump edition was only available after

They made a mistake
It wasn't collusion
It was just them fucking up and assuming a Clinton victory
>>
>>88117717
He's 70. He was born way before the baby boom and even if he wasn't he was born rich. He doesn't give a fuck about social security because that platinum encrusted spoons been in his mouth since he's been born.
>>
>>88117730
Go look at the IPCC's past reports. Obviously. I'm beginning to suspect that your not actually informed on this issue and have just been parroting what you saw on Facebook
>>
>>88117761

>It was just them fucking up and assuming a Clinton victory

yep. like everyone else
>>
File: Dooma Brakilled.jpg (20KB, 646x279px) Image search: [Google]
Dooma Brakilled.jpg
20KB, 646x279px
>>88117761
>Media does another Dewey
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

Also I feel so sorry for all the bitter cunts on this board who can't appreciate the magic this year was. Meme magic does not favor the salty.
>>
>>88117761
we're arguing in circles in yet another diamond dozen stealth /pol/ thread, I give up.
>>
>>88117531
>>88117654
After Paul Ryan came out with his plan to privatize medicare, Trump's transition website changed to say that he wants to "modernize" medicare. But really, he's not attending his intelligence briefings and Pence is doing them daily. It's GW Bush all over again.
>>
>>88117795
meme magic isn't real
>>
>>88117744
>>88117765
Let's assume you're right, you still have no reason to believe he'll get rid of it. I'd love not to have to pay in to social security, but there's just no reason to believe that Trump will go along with Ryan on this
>>
>>88117776
Yeah, but it's one thing for regular people, but it's another for a major news source to do it

Going back 100 posts to the original pic, it was my intention to show that the news media is shit now

I hope know you understand why I used the Newsweek "Dewey Defeats Truman" example
>>
>>88117776
>like everyone else
There were plenty of new media sources saying Trump would win that went into detail how and why. Every poll had Dems massively oversampled, and whenever this was pointed out you got accused of being a conspiracy theorist.
Fucks sake why were you listening to CNN after a year and a half of their bullshit?
>>
File: kek lord of sevens.png (135KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
kek lord of sevens.png
135KB, 400x300px
>>88117814
I disagree
>>
>>88117819
He doesn't care. And as shit as social security is. It helps a lot of people who need it. I'm glad Ryan's just going to kill his own party.

>>88117842
>Being retarded
That's fine just do talk about it like it's a choice.
>>
>>88117773
>do my homework for me
>>
File: 1469410144047.jpg (121KB, 638x916px) Image search: [Google]
1469410144047.jpg
121KB, 638x916px
>>88117814
lol
>>
>>88117857
I literally just told you the source. All of their reports are up online for free. I'm certainly not gonna dig through them again, they're long and boring
>>
>>88117852
Once again, you have nothing to back up the opinion that he doesn't care. You're just making shit up and claiming it's fact
>>
>>88112806
Before then you automatically got treated as a war hero so they expected cheers.
Vietnam was the first time people back home actually SAW the shit soldiers got up to so they came back to a country that had just finished watching them (as a whole) commit war crimes , mass murder, rape, and various atrocities. This was also back when people as a whole actually cared about that sort of stuff happening unlike nowadays.
Vietnam vets were treated like shit because after months/years of hearing about all the horrible shit soldiers were up to it would be extraordinarily difficult to get the idea that X vet could have done that out of the back of your head.
This was a massive surprise to all of the vets who didn't participate in the horrible crap going on that already had ptsd from having to endure the clusterfuck that was Vietnam since everyone back home knowing what you were up to was an entirely new thing at the time.
>>
>>88117895
You didn't dig through them once.

Here, I'll throw you a bone and provide a source that says why you're retarded.
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/01/thorough-not-thoroughly-fabricated-the-truth-about-global-temperature-data/
>>
>>88117842
wow, that's some cringeworthy material on par with /coco/'s bizarre adventure.
>>
File: shills BTFO part 2.jpg (3MB, 3784x1716px) Image search: [Google]
shills BTFO part 2.jpg
3MB, 3784x1716px
>>88117992
I see /co/ is still a rich vein to mine for salt.
>>
File: 1475440145803.jpg (780KB, 1950x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1475440145803.jpg
780KB, 1950x1030px
>>88112005
I really hate what nuMarvel has become. Are there any good runs going on? I was recommended choHulk a while back, the vision bunch and a few others.

Is it still a far left shit fest were everything is black and whites dont matter, or is it back to its left leaning generally center books?
>>
>>88118025
Has anyone ever BTFO themselves as hard as Nate Silver? First the Cubs then Trump.
>>
>>88118047
He's Nate Bronze now
>>
>>88117960
This has nothing to do with their projection models. It's about how they record their data. I'm telling you, that the models they use to predict what the temperature will be years down the road, the ones that predict total catastrophe, have consistently over predicted the temp. That is a fact.
>>
File: dreamstime_302731salt.jpg (65KB, 330x480px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstime_302731salt.jpg
65KB, 330x480px
>>88117992
>>88118025
Oh yeah, when the comics pander to regressive leftists /co/ became a horses favorite treat.
>>
>>88118057
But you don't get funding to continue making predictions if you predict "Everything's gonna be fine'
>>
>>88118047
One of my favorite moments this year was when /pol/ and /sp/ joined meme magic and shitposting prowess to BTFO Nate Copper forever.
>>
>>88118025
your oc is shit
keep drawing pharoah frog and maybe somebody will find it funny in a year or two
>>
>>88118056
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-cubs-have-a-smaller-chance-of-winning-than-trump-does/
>>
>>88118103
Certainly not as much. The government spends a lot of money on this.
>>
File: saltlick.jpg (42KB, 310x392px) Image search: [Google]
saltlick.jpg
42KB, 310x392px
>>88118119
>>
File: KEK the source.png (732KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
KEK the source.png
732KB, 640x868px
>>88118119
It ain't my OC but the Pepe is heavy.
>>
>>88118047
Trump voters kind of have.

>wall street literally saying trump conned his voters
>trump voters crying about the guy that foreclosed their homes being treasury secretary
>desperately trying to pretend trump wont destroy net neutrality
>>
>>88118104
Jesus fucking Christ
What a year
Cubs winning the World Series, President Trump, and Young Justice being resurrected
I'm just waiting for what else will happen in the next 29 days
>>
>>88118178
Let's just make it the series finale and have a mass extinction event on Christmas, it's the only way to top it.
>>
>>88118119
>>88117992
/pol/'s pepe memes are cringe, but Hillary declaring war on a cartoon frog was hilarious.
>>
File: meme states of America.png (645KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
meme states of America.png
645KB, 1000x667px
>>88118178
If Soro's dies over Christmas, that's when you know this year felt the touch of something special.
>>
>>88118035
I recommend Ewing's New Avengers and Contest of Champions, Soule's Daredevil, Coates' Black Panther, Power Man and Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel and Civil War II: Kingpin.
I'd say most are left leaning generally center, with some exceptions like Nick Spencer's Cap and Mockingbird.
>>
File: 1469745185875.jpg (404KB, 1600x900px)
1469745185875.jpg
404KB, 1600x900px
>>88118215
/pol/ Pepe's are quality MSNBC bait, in terms of results nothing compares.
And I don't see any /co/ Pepe's.
>>
>>88118219
Is Soros really as powerful and influential as the Right tells me he is? Or is he a boogeyman just like the Koch brothers?
>>
>>88118215
You need to understand the level of post-irony that /pol/ works on
Everything is literal and non-literal at the same time

Do you think they really honestly support Trump?
The man is a joke.
But that doesn't matter. All that matters is the game
>>
>>88118219
The pacific northwest is so fucking true it hurts.

Any left leaning person WILL NOT HEAR of anything negative about either Hillary or Bernie.
They instantly assume you are pro trump and will try to explain away every fuck of theirs To be fair though, a lot of people do that for trump, but the most i've seen have been trump sucks but H is the worst.
>>
>>88118267
>All that matters is the game
Politics isn't a game, elections have consequences for everyone.
>>
>>88118261
Both are very wealthy and use that to fund their politics. Soros is more international, though
>>
>>88118261
Soro's really is a massive fucking bastard, he is on record both for crashing the UK's economy so he can buy into it while it was cheap, and no joke collaborating with the Nazi's with no shame.
>I don't feel guilt, if it were not me it would be somebody else. Why should I feel guilty?

Now he funds pretty much every cancer that turned the liberals from the sane party during the Bush era, into the insane red scaring identity politics driven cultural masochists you see today on college campuses.
>>
>>88118302
You sound like you don't talk much with people who work in politics
>>
File: bemused jack.png (156KB, 305x321px) Image search: [Google]
bemused jack.png
156KB, 305x321px
>>88118302
>Politics isn't a game
>>
File: always right, always righteous.jpg (13KB, 483x46px) Image search: [Google]
always right, always righteous.jpg
13KB, 483x46px
>>88118267
lad.
>>
File: 1478714731927.jpg (93KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1478714731927.jpg
93KB, 600x449px
>>88118302
>>All that matters is the game
>Politics isn't a game, elections have consequences for everyone.
When our lives are nothing but pieces on the grand chessboard to those in power
>See every politician since reagan including/especially Hillary
what can you do but play a different game with rules they cannot grasp.

People have been fucked for a while, the most we can do now is assure the we and our kids get fucked less and less as time goes on.
>>
>>88118261
>Or is he a boogeyman just like the Koch brothers?
...Do you think the Kochs aren't super influential? Really?
>>
File: mainstream press and pepe.jpg (48KB, 641x397px) Image search: [Google]
mainstream press and pepe.jpg
48KB, 641x397px
>>88118302
>politics isn't a game
Then why were the shitposters triumphant?
>>
>>88118310
>Why should I feel guilty?
I dont usually buy in to the
>le jews
thing, but this has been a consistant theme for every jew I have met in person in my life. It is fucking scary. Their morals are all sorts of fucked.

Jews not raised in a jewish household are the exception. SouthFlorida has a LOT of amoral jews.
>>
>>88112005
>Captain America, I'm CIA
>>
>>88118336
I'm aware that many people see it as a game, I was merely stating that it's a terrible attitude because it isn't a game. Real people are affected.
>>
>>88118446
>Tell me about the Red Skull, why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: arturo.jpg (55KB, 500x500px)
arturo.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>88118401
Because the US usually votes 50% dems 50% repubs regardless of anything. This election was won with 0.5% of the votes, a complete fluke statistically speaking.

There is no deeper meaning behind it.

But it sure makes for a nice headline, "TRUMP WON BECAUSE [X]"
>>
>>88118261
he has a lot of money and hes spending it on some shitty ideas and organizations that are toxic for the most part. he may not be as bad as /pol/ makes him out to be but he isnt anything good in fact he bragged about becoming the boogeyman, goes to show the scum level.
>>
>>88118411
Soro's is a few memes worse than even the most offensive /pol/ caricature.

Here is a man who owes no allegiance nor loyalty to anybody. A Davos man. He doesn't owe anything to his country, his religion, his past or anything of what usually grounds humans. It's not even clear if simple greed is his angle, because the BLM riots he funds are expensive and have no apparent economic returns. So why do any of this?

I think he is the proto-globalist. One who wished nothing but to remove all borders and make a one world government. The end result of course would be whatever government being formed being ruled from the shadows by his son, who has been raised to be a carbon copy of him.

There is a depressing amount of photo's with this creature shaking hands with world leaders.
>>
>>88118493
Every >poll had him ten points behind. They tried to meme a purple Texas for heavens sake.

There was more to it than a fluke.
>>
>>88118514
One world government would be pretty sweet, one step closer to Star Trek times.
>>
>>88118571
Yeah, but /pol/ thinks that the bigger governments get, the greater the number of Jews in it
Once you get to a one world government, you reach the Jew singularity
>>
>>88118571
No it wouldn't, it would suck major balls with how people are.
>>
File: 1469510101624.jpg (47KB, 398x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469510101624.jpg
47KB, 398x400px
>>88118571
This better be bait.
>>
>>88118571
I dont think the world is ready for that right now. Need a single language and stability + good relations. unless its forced its not gonna happen in our lifetimes.
>>
>>88118620
It's more like how we are being offered the EU but on a global scale.

No thanks, fuck off Juncker.
>>
>>88118664
Literally nothing wrong with the EU
Only Germany
>>
>>88118709
In a World Union wouldn't India ad China have the greater influence? Fuck that.
>>
>>88118493
But I heard the FBI colluded to get Trump into office because muh Comey
And that Russia tampered with the election because muh e-mails got released.
>>
File: 1477807949152.jpg (142KB, 1074x1057px)
1477807949152.jpg
142KB, 1074x1057px
>>88118514
>There is a depressing amount of photo's with this creature shaking hands with world leaders.
It would reason that as a world leader, you would have to deal with devils as a job requirement.

The way I see it is a matter of influence.
The reason people on /pol/ are seen as nutjobs by normies is that they go off about things that they have no influence over whatsoever (on a personal level).
The normal man concerns himself with feeding him and his. Working his job, and being the cog he is in the grand machine of society.

When you discuss things from beyond your station, others on your socioeconomic level wonder
>What the fuck is he talking about
>Why waste your time
>What good will it do
>You have flaw [x],[y], and [z] what would you know

And without an education system to instill in the normal person the need for greater areas of thought and thinking beyond ones on situation, people who do are rarely tolerated.

It doesent help that a lot of the time, their limited understanding leads them to be wrong in the big picture, which helps push the perception that they are wasting their time.

People like soros on the other hand, with the intellect and means to think and manipulate the world on that larger scale (I can only assume) lose a lot of perspective about the lives the affect and in turn have skewed morals.

TLDR: Plebs hate other plebs who try not to be plebs. The wealthy have the means and know how to manipulate and that causes them to become monster (If they were not before)

>Pic unrelated (probably)
>>
File: 1462498448769.jpg (82KB, 720x530px) Image search: [Google]
1462498448769.jpg
82KB, 720x530px
>>88118709
I see you foul beast.

>>88118738
>It is disgraceful and disingenuous to think that the election can be rigged
>Russia is rigging the election

Doublethink, it's more likely than you think
>>
File: 1480300462870.jpg (126KB, 874x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1480300462870.jpg
126KB, 874x1086px
>>88118765
>I see you foul beast
>>
>>88118762
It's a strain of anti-intellectualism that television has fostered, only the 'intellectuals' teaching in universities are often unapologetic Marxists.

We belong to a cult of polite conversation.
>Oh this subject depresses me, can't we talk about something else?

And so nothing is ever done or even discussed, because we pander to the most thin-skinned minority in the room.
>>
This thread is still up?
>>
Nuke's not right, but neither is Sam.

>>88118895
keep sliding harder, libcuck, maybe it'll go away
>>
>>88118895
/pol/ mods are less lazy than /co/'s it seems
>>
>>88118624
Mmm with resource scarcity I'd agree with you, but we are rapidly getting to the point where we could be beyond the need of resource competition.

Given a few more years of desalination and new energy alternatives and we could vastly change the landscape of how the world works. Sure there'll be resistance, I mean what tumultuous overtaking of the world has ever been a smooth transition? Soon there'll be no more need many jobs as most automation will take care of grunt work and with no grunt jobs then would our society look like with over 60% of careers completely obsolete? Not in the next few decades mind, but I could see some radical changes happening in a half century or so, more or less depending on how much people will resist the inevitable.
>>
>>88118845
At last I truly see.
>BLING BLING I AM MADE OF GOLD XD
>>
>>88118867
>It's a strain of anti-intellectualism that television has fostered, only the 'intellectuals' teaching in universities are often unapologetic Marxists.
If you decent you are treated as persona non-grata. The conversation becomes a grilling and talking points with no room for civil discourse.
>We belong to a cult of polite conversation.
>>Oh this subject depresses me, can't we talk about something else?
>And so nothing is ever done or even discussed, because we pander to the most thin-skinned minority in the room.
So true

And "intellectualism" is At least in WA/OR treated as a purely left idea. Advocating personal freedoms, or anything perceived as "right wing" is verboten and has to take a back seat to other, greater goods. And if you do not conform you are seen as an anti-intellectual and any sway your arguments may have had are gone.
>>
>>88118980
It's less about the economy, more with the increasing centralization of power will mean less oversight and consequences for people in power.

The EU's army of unelected ideological bureaucrats fill me with dread, should they ever be given global responsibility.

Utopia visions rarely think about the consequences. We are not going to live in fucking star trek you nobs.
>>
>>88118980
Well you;d better wait as trump tries to set energy alternatives back a few years by cutting all funding for them just so oil companies can Frac over national parks. It's hyperbolic yes but his plans will fuck over a lot of things.
>>
>>88118980
People have enough trouble trusting politician from their own countries, why in the world would they trust any that have no responsibility or loyalty to them?
>>
>>88119064
I still can't believe that passed. That idea is ridiculous. I wonder if merkel is going to try to actually use the army before she's ousted or if she's delusional enough to think her party will remain after the shit that's happening in germany because her.
>>
>>88119064
>It's less about the economy, more with the increasing centralization of power will mean less oversight and consequences for people in power.
>The EU's army of unelected ideological bureaucrats fill me with dread, should they ever be given global responsibility.
>Utopia visions rarely think about the consequences. We are not going to live in fucking star trek you nobs.
All of this times 1000x
>>
>>88119085
It's a natural consequence that had to happen, and I say this as an environmentalist.

Until alt-energy becomes more efficient and less costly than fossil fuels, of course fossil fuels are going to be favored. Subsidies for what are essentially glorified PR campaigns only make for a higher tax and power bill. Not to mention how manufacturing is moving to countries without these standards to remain competitive.

We need more funding into alt-energy, in terms of research. Wind Power is hell to live next to.

Or invest into nuclear like we should have done decades ago.
>>
>>88119163
>We need more funding into alt-energy, in terms of research. Wind Power is hell to live next to.
Why?
There are a lot of mills not to far from people I know and never hear complaints.
>>
>>88119186
I'm not sure where they live or what model, but my experience has been serious sound pollution. Property value drops for a reason.
>>
>>88118957
I must say, this discussion has been surprisingly civil and informative.
>>
File: EU Orwell.png (448KB, 735x964px) Image search: [Google]
EU Orwell.png
448KB, 735x964px
>>88119209
We started bashing the EU, which is always a fun exercise.
>>
>>88119064
Vast majority of people are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about their own lives much less anything important, democracy is a meme and the only way to run a functioning country this day and age is by centralizing power and squashing all dissent.

Russia and China have it all figured out and they're running circles around americans.

I honestly can't wait for a federal european technocracy run by educated professionals, not the mouthbreathing retards who are able to convince other mouthbreathing retards to vote for them.
>>
>>88119338
T.upper class scum
>Russia and China have it all figured out and they're running circles around americans.
Suure they are
>>
File: 1469767144894.jpg (498KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469767144894.jpg
498KB, 1536x2048px
>>88119338
I wonder who can be behind this post.
>>
File: 1469797198207.png (153KB, 2328x1514px) Image search: [Google]
1469797198207.png
153KB, 2328x1514px
>>88119338
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>88117422

>The democratic party has already done a lot of soul searching on why they lost

Uh huh.
>>
>>88119526
Don't forget they are also blaming Sanders
>>
>>88119568
we could be here all day listing people they're blaming, other than Hillary for being an awful candidate
>>
>>88119604
If they double down on the absolute cancer that is identity politics, they deserve to go the way of the Whigs.
>>
>>88119391
>>88119409
>>88119426
>amerifats so deep in denial they're absolutely flabbergasted
Enjoy being on the wrong side of history, the 21st century belongs to countries that can actually get shit done (Russia and China) and not have a retard induced seizure every 4 years because cleetus feels his option actually has value
>>
>>88119604
I've seen plenty of people blame Hillary actually.
>>
>>88119604

Really drives home the point that the DNC heads don't know what they're doing and Obama really bought them almost a decade which they have evidently squandered. First they put up John Kerry who has the charisma of a doorknob, then Obama shows up with a moderately tech-savvy campaign and saves the DNC. Then...they put up Clinton, who has the charisma of the doorknob.
>>
>>88119671
Russia and the US are going to enjoy unprecedented warm relations between Trump and Putin. Your mileage may vary on whether this is a good thing. It is. Fucking Cold War nostalgia.

China is fragile paper tiger, it looks tough but it can't afford anything disrupting it's meticulous commie government with a crony capitalist system.
>>
>>88119683
The issue is more to do with the fact that both the DNC and RNC have their heads so far up their ass that they don't understand anything but a narrow view of the world. Say what you will about sanders but the man had a vision and he was optimistic. Maybe a little too optimistic in certain places, but he wasn't a shit human being.
>>
>>88119526
Oh, I didn't realize some reporter was a DNC leader.

>>88119568
Sanders has about a hundred times more influence over the democratic party as a whole, and one of his close friends is favored to take over the position as DNC chair.

No one in the actual party is blaming him.
>>
File: 1469503303343.jpg (80KB, 825x631px) Image search: [Google]
1469503303343.jpg
80KB, 825x631px
>>88119752
Move to Venezuela.
>>
>>88119814
>Venezuela
But Chavez is already dead and they put so many eggs in one basket that anyone could have seen it coming from a mile away.

Sanders is extremely far left but his actual extreme policies would have been restrained. Not all of his policies were extreme. He had probably the most levelheaded platform outside of the retarded free college which he knew would never happen.
>>
>>88119737
>It is.

Only if you're Russian. Do you really think an ex-KGB officer who hates the fact that Russia is no longer able to stand up to America is going to do anything good for the US?
>>
>>88119879
>elect this level headed man because you can count on all his extreme policies being restrained
Are you listening to yourself?
There are many European countries to move to if you want to know what Socialism feels like.
>>
>>88119791

But if you had been paying attention to this election you would've realized that the DNC leaders very much control the conversation at media outlets like WaPo. But it's okay, keep citing this behavior as not representative, it'll be funny to watch you lose to a beady-eyed mango man a second time.

>>88119752

Sanders and Trump interface on more policies than the Sanderistas like to admit. Especially when it comes to trade and labor.
>>
>>88120014
Again, that wasn't his entire platform. If you honestly thing getting completely raped by big business is good. Well I guess this will be your paradise soon.
>>
>>88118980
Fucking what?

We use up more renewable resources faster than they can be renewed at an exponentially increasing rate. Look up "overshoot day".

More efficient solar power is not going to change that in any way, only a massive population decrease could fix it.
>>
>>88120112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BnbwUT7lBg

This man could never be President.
>>
>>88120028
>the DNC leaders
The same leaders that the party itself is moving away from? You realize the party is reorganizing itself, right?
>>
>>88120180
No. It's imploding.
The Polinski crowd are trying to bitterly hold onto the reins while the TYT crowd are trying to go even more left because they believe that was what lost them the election.

DNC are done at least for this decade.
>>
>>88120177
Neither could trump but he is so I mean I don't know what you really want to compare.
>>
>>88120180

The Sanderista mentality of "my little clique is *so done* with the DNC therefore everybody else is" is hilarious. Unfortunately for you, the hilarity is in how misguided that presumption is.

You guys couldn't organize your way out of a four-way intersection without attempting to achieve universal consensus, which is a polite way of saying "you guys suck at politics"
>>
>>88120225
Trump spent decades scoping for an opportunity, and decades learning how television works. Whether he will be a good President is up in the air, but the idea he is unqualified, despite getting the only qualification necessary to be President is silly.

And a President that can't defend their mic will make a very poor President.
>>
>>88120222
Howard Dean just dropped out of the running for DNC chair partly so he could help unify the party. The party is moving on because there is no time to waste after Clinton fucked everything up.

Too bad this all came after we gave the GOP all three branches to fuck up America with but what can you do.
>>
>>88112313
Story should be "Cuck faggot disobeys captain america because he can't say no to a woman" after which he gets taken out back and shot.
>>
File: 1469175976352.png (69KB, 1322x258px) Image search: [Google]
1469175976352.png
69KB, 1322x258px
>>88120388
You seem upset.
>>
>>88120544
How are you enjoying the last days of net neutrality, /co/mrade?
>>
Trump is an idiot but I heard he was going to make fox waifus legal. So, I'm going to wait and see before I decide if he's a bad president.
>>
>>88120714
>implying Clinton was for net neutrality
Obama already gave it away to the UN.
Hope you have sorted out your proxies.
>>
>>88112313
What is with that line?
>How far away from [your principles] will you go to uphold [your principles]?
If you're upholding your principles, you're not moving away from them at all.
It just doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm just retarded.
>>
>>88114218
>>88114413
You're right.

Those 800 factory stooges should work in the increasingly automated food service industry to better cater to their new immigrant overlords!
>>
>>88113173
Our media is fucking amazing at their job. They can make most of the country believe shit that's provably false with only a few months of effort.
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.