[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.slashfilm.com/roger-rabb it-sequel/ >But Zem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

http://www.slashfilm.com/roger-rabbit-sequel/

>But Zemeckis thinks the odds of getting Roger Rabbit 2 off the ground are basically nil. Disney owns that script and, as Zemeckis explains it, “the current corporate Disney culture has no interest in Roger, and they certainly don’t like Jessica at all.”
>>
Disney hates money, nothing new.
>>
>>88108288
And yet star wars and Marvel are making them billions not to mention their own projects
>>
>>88108316
Because it was a '88 thing
it wouldn't work now. And disney is really smart and careful with their investments.
>>
This is good news!
>>
>>88108401
Not to mention more of an adult oriented movie. That fucker doing that toon face with the eyes popping out still creeps me out subconsciously
>>
You know what, I'm fine with this. Bob Hoskins is dead and Roger Rabbit is 30 years old. Stop trying to revisit fucking everything.
>>
>>88108149
>and they certainly don’t like Jessica at all
oh yeah

>>88108509
They've had a script lying around for a long time, but it didn't get made because of Spielberg's fee-fees.
>>
Good.
>>
>>88108149
>TFW you never see Roger old and depressed while animated nips and carlarts take his job from him
>>
File: behold.jpg (146KB, 654x539px) Image search: [Google]
behold.jpg
146KB, 654x539px
> trusting Zemeckis with a new Roger

> after Jim Carrey Xmas Carol
> after Beowulf
> after Mars Needs Moms
> after trying to make a cgi YELLOW SUBMARINE remake

anyone who doesnt think this is great news is a retard.
zemeckis is in the same hole as george lucas and ridley scott.
the "im senile and am ruining my own famous franchises with cheap schlock" hole.

this is cause to celebrate
>>
>>88108149

What the fuck? The movie wasn't stellar, but Jessica was the high point of it.
>>
>>88108149
Thank god. Nothing they could make would be worth anything and they'd likely just damage the original. Eddie's story is told and done. Let it rest.
>>
>>88108509
I'm the same, but Tron Legacy was different. IDK, I hated it the first time I saw it, but after watching Uprising, repeat viewings of Legacy were fairly enjoyable. It's not a perfect movie, not even a good Tron movie, but it's decent for what it is; an astranged father and son trying to reconnect under the worst possible circumstances imaginable
>>
>>88108149
Good. They'd only ruin it anyway.
>>
File: bob-hoskins-1.jpg (169KB, 1200x773px) Image search: [Google]
bob-hoskins-1.jpg
169KB, 1200x773px
>Bob Hoskins will never make a comeback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0
>>
>>88108866
>The movie wasn't stellar

get out
>>
Let a good thing die with dignity.
>>
I'm okay with this. Too many films that don't need sequels are getting them (Blade Runner being the biggest example of this) and even if Zemeckis thinks the script is "magnificent", it probably would've been mangled as development/pre-production moved along. And the idea of digital Bob Hoskins ghost, being voiced by a sound-alike, is horrifying. Besides, the original movie is better as a stand-alone piece anyways. It's a classic example of lighting in a bottle, because nothing like it had ever been done before, at least, to that extent.

And Roger really doesn't have a place in the modern world anymore, either: Disney's got newer, more popular characters to milk for all their worth (it's funny because Roger was just as popular as, say, Stitch back in the day) and most millennials and kids these days probably aren't even aware of the movie at all. I mean, have you seen it on TV recently? Or being screened as a Victory Vanguard film at an Alamo Drafthouse?

Not to mention the current ultra PC culture would burn Jessica at the stake in various thinkpieces, completely ignorant of the context of her character and the time period she's (supposed) to be from/represent. I'm not sure I could handle the clickbait "thinkpieces" from shit sites like Buzzfeed, Daily Dot, or The Mary Sue.

So yeah, it's probably a mercy killing that this movie will never get made. Some things are just best left alone as a product of their time.
>>
>>88108149
>they certainly don’t like Jessica at all.
No shit,they can't defend her at all when she's a sex symbol and every shitty woman knows that anything that looks more pretty than them should be killed.
>>
>>88108856
The fucker managed to make the goddamn TWIN TOWERS look uncanny in The Walk. Landscapes and inanimate objects is literally what CG excels at. How the fuck does everything he touch turn to uncanny?
>>
>>88108316
>billions
they have a pretty low profit percentage of that moment though.
They'd actually be in trouble if a project didn't reach half a billion gross
>>
>>88108149
>and they certainly don’t like Jessica at all.”

Why?
>>
>>88109660
>millenials

A large number of millenials saw the original as kids in theatre, because millenials are the generation born between 1980 and 2000 (give or take a few years in either end).
>>
>>88110196
Feminist and Tumblr.
>>
>>88110196
"Overly sexual, sexy, mysognistic depiction of a woman whose body is the only attribute"

That's basically the opinion some feminists with overly influential blogs have.

Disney, like most companies today, is still run by old men who'd propbably fap to Jessica in their spare time, and don't care if she's a good character or not. Or what she is. But they want to sell a product, and Jessica is bad publicity for their firm.
>>
>>88111091
really?

youre blaming disneys wholesome family image on TUMBLR and FEMINISM?

you TARD
>>
>>88111158
Not him, and in a sense you're right.

But really, DIsney already had that image when Jessica was created, and I don't think it annoyed people much to see her.

Today though. There's a PC atmosphere much stronger than it was before. And easier ways to spread one's opinion.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.