[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this is underwhelming https://twitter.com/Marvel/statu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

File: Untitled.png (138KB, 629x525px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
138KB, 629x525px
Well this is underwhelming
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/804518991809089538
>>
TELLTALE STOP

You're taking on too many projects and they're all suffering as a result.
>>
Really?
I mean. I'll watch the YouTube Lets play through and treat it like some sort of movie thing.
But, you know. Just seems kinda weird for them.
>>
>>88099949
Don't start a thread with a screencap of another website. This is not twitter.
>>
>>88099980
As if Telltale has done anything good since The Walking dead.
All of their games are just quicktime events and exposition hallways. It's just two ours of leading the player from one to the other.
>>
>>88100072
>Implying Tales from the Borderlands wasn't hype as fuck.
Somebody didn't get into the best shoot out in video game history.
>>
>>88100035
Are you new here?
>>
File: calvin-zero-wing.1182734122513.jpg (174KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
calvin-zero-wing.1182734122513.jpg
174KB, 640x550px
>>88100168
Yes.
>>
I haven't had fun with a Telltale game since A Wolf Among Us. There games so generic.

Also what you want about Life Is Strange, but it definitely made me realize Telltale could be doing more in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>88100245
I liked the first Walking Dead
>>
>>88100103
Tales from the Borderlands is the one exception from all of Telltale's crap.

I really wish they would just leave their formula and do something different with their game format.

And maybe get a better engine
>>
It sucks that the movie captured the theme of DnA's run so well while re-imagining the characters, and then everything after is just the movie at face value.
>>
>>88102510
Eeyup. I loved the soundtrack because most of these characters were created in the 70s, it was a unique way to tap into that while also creating a connection between Pete and his mom.

And now every retard thinks it's required to force their own.
>>
>>88099949
I would have preferred a Galactus telltale game
>Eat planet
>The Skrulls will remember that
>>
>>88102510
The movie works because it's the director's view and interpretation of the DnA's run.

People try to copy his style ignoring that it isn't a style at all so it comes off tacky and derivative.

Telltale should be creating their own Guardians of Galaxy mythology and concepcts on top of the originals and the DnA, not just taking elements that exist only on the movie for a very specific aesthetic reason.
>>
>>88102752
Well, DnA's run plus a lot of other stuff. Peter's still hung up on his mom, Drax is still out for vengeance, Gamora is still trying to atone. Plus the whole team dynamic reminds me a lot of the classic Guardians. In DnA it was more of a "take who you can get" deal. The original Guardians were all loners and sole survivors who were forced together by circumstance but they eventually became a family.

Gunn definitely knows his shit.
>>
>>88102922
Even in the movie, they had that same element of the team being hugely out of their league but still managing to scrape by. Halfway into the movie when I realized that's what they were doing with Ronan I fell in love with him as a villain.
>>
>>88102922
>forced together by circumstance

Circumstance and mental prodding. Comic Star Lord did some shit.
>>
>>88099949
I'm probably cancer, but I'm totally buying this. I also am enjoying the Batman Telltale series, so maybe I'm just braindead.
>>
>>88103019
Yeah and the "dance-off" is really a culmination of a lot of those elements.

>>88103027
I was talking about the OGs, from the year 3000.
>>
>>88103019
>protagonists are a team of losers trying to prove themselves
>villain is a loser trying to prove himself

How did I not catch onto this?
>>
>>88102510
Yep. GotG has to be the definitive example of movie synergy ruining a comic, or comic concept. The DnA run was superb, probably the high point of Marvel Cosmic since the 2000s at least, and the film was a more comedic but faithful interpretation of that. And then everything after (including the comic) is "ha! like the movie, right!"

Like a Telltale games GotG sounds hype as fuck potentially and then this trailer just makes a definite nope on it.
>>
File: 1456022674357.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1456022674357.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>88099949
>ANOTHER Telltale interactive movie "game"
>[SAVE GROOT] OR [CHALLENGE RONAN TO A DANCE OFF]
>*Thanos will remember that
>>
>>88099949
Legit interested in this. I enjoy Telltale Games Once and only once and I like the idea of the GotG license in the hands of those guys
>>
Talk all the shit you want but I'm hype. Batman has been great.
>>
>>88099949
>telltale keep making these fucking things because faggots keep buying them
Please stop you're killing my hobby with this interactive movie bullshit -love /v/
>>
>>88105789
Kek making videogames that are just interactive stories is not going to kill videogames. Fuck off /v/tard.
>>
>>88099980
how could telltale games 'suffer'? they have always been absolute shit.
>>
>>88105782
>Batman has been great.
pphhh ahahaha just kidding around dude
>>
>>88105831
Ever since Telltale launched the Walking Dead, real video games have halved production, and it's only going to get worse

Next year absolutely no fun video games will be produced except Tales of Berseria and Neptunia
>>
File: rocket raccoon smile.jpg (49KB, 564x548px) Image search: [Google]
rocket raccoon smile.jpg
49KB, 564x548px
Will Rocket be in it?
>>
I won't trash this before I have even had a proper look at the real thing.

But I have to say. I find it pretty odd how Telltale have grown so huge and popular. It really feels more like a brand kind of thing than the actual quality of the products. Because as things stand it feels like Telltale can make a licensed adaptation of just about anything even if what they shit out is sorely lacking in quality, and people will flock to and like it anyway.

Really. I won't say that Telltale have never done anything good or that they're incapable of producing good content. I will however say that their products are all over the place and that they're far from reliable.
I also have to say that I find it pretty ironic that they're getting all these DC/Marvel jobs. DC and Marvel should quite frankly make their own damn legitimate visual novels. They shouldn't need to outsource their products to studios like Telltale in order to tell these kinds of stories. But it's like Telltale almost has a monopoly on this kind of story telling in the west, which I find really weird.
>>
>>88100245
That game had less gameplay than Telltale and was basically tumblr shit
>>
>>88105742
But anon, don't you want the illusion that you have control a story that's actually completely on rails, but don't really discover that until you play it again or discuss your choices with someone else?
>>
File: 1371748337784.png (132KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1371748337784.png
132KB, 250x250px
>>88102236
>>88100103
>Tales from Borderlands

Never have I ever regretted to think that it would suck as much as playing the main games in single player.
>>
When the Telltale bubble pops, I wish they'd go back to the classic adventure game style, and mock their QTEfests on Sam & Max season 4
>>
>tfw Telltale will never start using an engine that doesn't stutter and glitch out half the fucking time
>>
File: I_never_asked_for_this_bro.png (42KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
I_never_asked_for_this_bro.png
42KB, 500x461px
>>88107211
>sam&max season 4 will be a walking dead style game again
>>
>>88099980
They've been doing this since TWD S2 and it still looks like they're not gonna stop. At least TWAU was good.
>>
>>88099949

Telltale is the Funko Pop of video games
>>
>>88099949

> another shitty Telltale game

Ffs.
>>
>>88099949
>5 parts
>so that individually we can make the parts add up and cost more than the base MSRP of a retail videogame
>and so that we can rewrite fucking everything at the whims of the community response, because we have no artistic integrity whatsoever
I hate this business model so much.
>>
>>88099980
THIS. Game of thrones Season 2 and the minecraft shit shouldn't happen
a original IP is what they need to make again
>>
>>88100072
>good since The Walking dead.

>good
>The Walking Dead

How about no.
>>
File: 1480555596489.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480555596489.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>88099949
Oh man I can't wait....
>>
>>88107540
wow thats actually a very good comparison when I think about it
>>
>>88105963
It's strange cult phenomenon is thanks to the fact it just barley counts as video games as well as the illusion of choice
The people I know irl that love TTGs tend to be bad at games as a whole, they can't play them to any good degree and have a short fuse to failing. Some are worse and can't stand playing on the easier modes of games because they feel stupid or that they are being mock for doing so. TTGs feeds them all the feeling they need that they are playing a game without the stress of being reminded that can't actually play a game. Thus it''s market holds on that but they add the extra spice that since most people only play a game once (because the AAA market has poison retards to marathon games as they are released) that means that when it ask a choice most won't know that both answer give the same result and many won't care anyway because they just like it gave them the "agency" to choose what they said in a certain scene.

Basically their games feed the wrong kind of people but they are the masses thus they stay around.
>>
File: annoyed-sam-the-eagle.jpg (67KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-sam-the-eagle.jpg
67KB, 500x354px
>>88100072
>The Walking dead.
>plot holes everywhere
>everyone acts dumber than the show and comic combined
>keeps telling you at the start of each episode choices effect things
>they don't
>good
>>
>>88099949
Nice, if it leans close to Tales from the Borderlands humor like I think it might, it could be their best game yet.
>>
>>88108301
That's like saying you perfected turd polishing
>>
>>88105831
Except it literally already has.
>>
>>88107540
ain't nothing bad about funko
>>
>>88100245
I had similiar experience with Heavy Rain. Even though it's crap too, atleast the fighting scenes have coreographed fights that variate depending if you succeed in QTEs.

Telltale Batman is shoved full of quick fights with random mooks with slow motion so you can't fail, and if you do, you get a quick death scene and the game immediately picks up from the same point.

Creating episodes monthly was a mistake.

The first episode has the most work put into it, then they expect we don't notice that the series dips into quality.
>>
>>88109564
maybe if you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>88099949
I have zero interest in gotg.
>>
I like how 4chan is going through this mass renaissance where they polish their taste and reject en masse popular culture, but instead end up enjoying none of it cause they're TOO refined.

No Star Wars, no Disney, no Marvel, no Telltale, no DC, no Nintendo, no Sony, no no no no no no no no no
>>
>>88110092
>People having standards?!
>I can't believe it! They're all just haters!
Being critical about what you watch/play/read is good, maybe you should try it
>>
>>88110139
You have to enjoy something in turn.
>>
>>88099949
>It's the Meme Guardians again
Fucking damnit, I love the movie and all but it's a fucking monkey's paw. Everyone's finally starting to give a shit about Cosmic Marvel but it's a bastardized version of what it once was.
>Silver Surfer is just Dr Who now complete with quirky Earth Girl Companion
>Inhumans turned into Knock-Off X-Men
>Guardians of the Galaxy has been Bendis'd
I pray Ewing will somehow set things right come his Inhumans Title.
>>
>>88110161
Yeah, who said I don't
>>
>>88110092
But Majority of /co/ like DC Rebirth anon. You're thinking of /v/
>>
>>88099949
Holy shit. I was happy about guardians but this is not a good sign at ALL. In, fact this is a super bad sign if anything.
This means marvel is into it now and sees at something to be milked for normalfags. I hope the sequel managed to squeak through without much in terms of changes
>>
>>88110092
I like plenty of those things. Just not Telltale. It's fine if you like them but the whole interactive story shtick just don't do it for me.

4chan ain't a hivemind.
>>
>>88110177
Oh boo hoo you neckbeard
>>
>>88111990
>"I like that people are paying more attention to my favorite line of comics, but it's a shame that Marvel is running it into the ground and stripping away what made it unique"
>STFU neckbeard
>>
>>88099949

DAE le ooga chaka? I love Chris Pratt :>)
>>
>>88112188
Fuck off, nerd. I'm a normie and this is my franchise now.

>>88111990
Upvote.
>>
>>88099949
If this was written by Abnett or Giffen I would probably check it (or fuck I would have loved an Annihilation based Telltale game with Rich as the protagonist or better yet do something new and use different characters to move different chapters of the story).

>>88102510
Because Gunn actually read it and he's also very careful about how he does stuff, like Star-Lord's mixtape is significant to his backstory and the music that plays in the movie has actual significance to the scene that is unfolding along with it.

A lot of the other people just get "It's funny and it has 70's music" and they just go with that which doesn't work, it's also lazy and the outcome is shit. Take the GotG cartoon which had a mixtape that basically played popular 70's music and had no connection to the scenes that were happening in the cartoon, even James Gunn thought it was shit (and he said as politely as he could but it was obvious he thought it was shit).

And till this date you don't fucking see him praise most of the post-DnA Cosmic stuff (heck some of the set photos for GotG vol 2 that we saw had easter eggs that were dedicated to Starlin, DnA, and Kirby), the closest we got was Gunn being excited that Humphries brought his version of Yondu to the comics but he didn't comment on the quality of Humphries' Star-Lord comic or anything.

>>88103027
He was talking about the ORIGINAL Guardians but yeah Star-Lord did some bad shit, although I did like how in the movie Peter basically manipulates them just so they all stay together for the trip to Knowhere and afterwards he even convinces them to stay as a team.

Gunn's Peter Quill was immature but he was no idiot and that's also what other people fail to see.
>>
File: jj jameson i need picture.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jj jameson i need picture.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
I just want to see Rocket Raccoon without any pants on
>>
>>88114115
Exactly, I don't see how anyone thinks he's an idiot. Nobody else could have convinced Drax and Gamora not to kill each other. He was the same haphazard plan, fly by the seat of his pants leader we saw in DnA.
>>
>>88099949
Is it supposed to be canon with the movies? It has the logo, headphones and mixtape. Or is it "inspired by" the Guardians of the Galaxy film?
>>
Gee, there sure are a lot of TellTale shills here. Don't you fags have somewhere else to shill your garbage games only sane people hate?
>>
Telltale's games have become the Funko Pop! of video games.
>>
>>88100072
>Walking Dead
>Good
Great joke anon. You should really be a comedian
>>88105852
This times a hundred
>>
>>88118076
God, I don't get the appeal of Pops, they're these big, ugly bobbleheads.
Woo, gotta spend hundreds of dollars for these things that don't have much use than just sitting there.
>>
>>88107918
They've literally never done their own IP
>>
>>88119936
Puzzle Agent
>>
>>88119972
I stand corrected. Still, only one original IP with two games, and it was a collaboration.
>>
>>88118199
I don't understand why people buy merch in general. It's tacky, useless, and a waste of money.
>>
>>88122104

I don't understand why people likes things. It holds you from being a better person
>>
File: tony stark problem dc.jpg (66KB, 319x380px) Image search: [Google]
tony stark problem dc.jpg
66KB, 319x380px
I simply don't care about Telltale after playing Dangan Ronpa and Dropsy
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.