[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Yeardley Smith was on this podcast complaining that the writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 32

File: 11-SimpsonsEventInitialEdit-13A.jpg (735KB, 960x1344px) Image search: [Google]
11-SimpsonsEventInitialEdit-13A.jpg
735KB, 960x1344px
So, Yeardley Smith was on this podcast complaining that the writers won't talk to her anymore and one time when she dropped by the writing room to see what was up, they shut the door in her face.

Why are the Simpsons writers such dicks?
>>
Source.
>>
File: 1478370327676.png (89KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
1478370327676.png
89KB, 261x238px
>>88090733
>panties
>>
>>88090733
Because they don't want to spoil the celebrity guest
>>
>>88090733

They probably don't even know what she looks like and just assumed it was some random passerby.

The Simpsons writers probably have next to no contact with the voice actors.
>>
That's weird, the writers fucking love Lisa.
>>
>>88090733

The Simpsons VAs get paid between $200k - $500k per episode (22 episodes per season). Now n days, half of them don't show up to table reads (Shearer doesn't even go to the studio and records his lines from home) and the typical recording length for each episode is 2 hours max.

If I were to guess, the writers and everyone else in the production process of the Simpsons fucking HATES THEIR GUTS.
>>
>>88090888
>The Simpsons VAs get paid between $200k - $500k per episode (22 episodes per season)

And Nancy Cartwright forwards the majority of that sum to the Church of Scientology. She's their highest donor, even beating out Tom Cruise.
>>
why the fuck does she have panties that show? couldn't they make a dress costume that doesn't stick out like that?
>>
>>88090820
They love their 2d waifu Lisa and hate anything that reminds them of reality.
>>
She gets paid the same as the other voice actors despite having the easiest job and least range in the cast. To justify this expense, the writers have been given a mandate to make the series more Lisa focused.
>>
>>88090888
Shearer did write an episode script recently and it was definitely better than any of the crap the writers have pulled from their butts in years and years.
>>
>>88090988
Which one did he write?
>>
>>88090888
>the typical recording length for each episode is 2 hours max

Apparently, the Simpson actors get really, really pissy if they have to do more than 2 takes for a line. Probably why the acting on the show has sounded like it's been on autopilot for the past 15 seasons.
>>
>>88090967
>She gets paid the same as the other voice actors despite having the easiest job

I mean, compared to poor Julie Kavner whose vocal chords probably resemble Hiroshima post-blast by now.
>>
>>88090733
They know worst character when they see one.
>>
This is a story from years ago when Fox hit the Simpsons with a bunch of budget cuts.

Back in 2010 a Simpsons writer could be making $250k for scripting an episode, compared to the voice actor who'd be making $440k an ep.

After the budget cuts Fox dropped voice actor pay to $300k an ep, but laid off a bunch of writers and started commissioning freelancers, who were paid WGA minimum of $23k for scripted episodes.

The writers receive a pittance compared to the voice talent so some animosity is to be expected.
>>
>>88090888
>The Simpsons VAs get paid between $200k - $500k per episode (22 episodes per season).
>>88091235
>the voice actor who'd be making $440k an ep.
>After the budget cuts Fox dropped voice actor pay to $300k an ep

Jesus. How did the VA salaries ever get so insanely out of control, especially when they whittled their recording time down to just 2 hours per episode?
>>
>>88091083
Like in Lisa vs Malibu Stacey when Krusty runs in from the golf course and records lines in 3 seconds and then takes off again.

It's sad how much they've become that which they used to make fun of.
>>
>>88091279

Because without them the gravy train goes off the rails.
>>
>>88090930
How the hell can she beat out Tom Cruise? Isn't that guy richer than Hollywood God?
>>
>>88091279
In Seasons 1-9, the cast were paid according to how much work they did per episode. Naturally this meant that Dan Castallaneta and Hank Azaria made tons of money while Yeardley and Julie Kavner didn't get that much. In Season 10, Fox raised everyone's pay to a flat $300,000 per episode. This arrangement held until the strike in 2006 when Fox forced them to take a small pay cut, down to $260,000 per episode.

Mind you, Dan Castallaneta and Harry Shearer really didn't ask for more money, it was the rest of the cast. Shearer was quite willing to take a pay cut to keep the show profitable (Fox in the mid-2000s had some serious money losses due to mismanagement by Newscorp).
>>
>>88091279
>>88091280

The Simpsons cast is despised by most of the voice acting industry because they're a case of "ruining it for everybody else".

When their contracts expired, they knew they had Fox by the balls, so they made the insane pay upgrade demands that, at their peak, landed them at just under $500,000 per episode. By that point, the cast had been voicing the characters for 10 years and their voices were too ingrained with the public. They couldn't be replaced.

So as a response, producers went into "panic mode", never wanting to let any voice actor get too comfortable in a role like the Simpsons VAs did, otherwise they might get insane contract renegotiation leverage.

That's why the Looney Tunes characters will arbitrarily change voices from show to show, or the DC and Marvel superhero characters, or the Ben 10 cast, or whatever. If it's a long-running program, recasting is done periodically so that the audience never gets used to a singular voice and no actor ever feels like they "own" a character.

The greed of the Simpsons cast ruined the job security of every other voice actor in the industry. Disney is a special exception because they're pretty much the only studio that hires their VAs on salary. Everyone else is left with no chance of ever being able to renegotiate their contracts for reasonable pay increases because of the Simpsons VAs.
>>
>>88090820
because Yeardley Smith can only do the Lisa voice.
>>
>>88091377
Tom Cruise is worth half a billion dollars, but the figure was the amount of money donated to Scientology per year.
>>
>>88091428
>When their contracts expired, they knew they had Fox by the balls, so they made the insane pay upgrade demands that, at their peak, landed them at just under $500,000 per episode. By that point, the cast had been voicing the characters for 10 years and their voices were too ingrained with the public. They couldn't be replaced.

They replaced the Pokemon dub VAs. Some manchildren complained, but they soon got over it. I remember...

That and Maddie Blaustein's death shortly afterwards probably aided in accepting the new VAs.
>>
>>88091428
So they're a bunch of jealous fuckwads, basically?
>>
>>88091480
>They replaced the Pokemon dub VAs

The Pokémon VAs were all non-union, however. They had pretty much no leverage or representation in the industry.

Simpsons VAs are all union actors in LA and they have a ton of clout because of it.
>>
>>88091428
>The greed of the Simpsons cast ruined the job security of every other voice actor in the industry.

Or in other words, they're typical Baby Boomers.
>>
>>88091101
Yes but I was mores pecifically thinking in terms of the number of characters voiced. Look at the credits for the simpsons movie. Dan, and Hank do like 10 charaters a piece, Nancy does 5, Julie does Marge, Patty, and Selma. Harry? Pick a random Simpsons character not in the main family and it's probably Harry. That's how many characters he voices.

But Yeardly voices Lisa and JUST Lisa and she lacks the vocal range to voice anyone else; that's her actual natural voice.
>>
>>88091533
The Pokemon cast were based in NYC, probably a lot different working conditions than LA.
>>
>>88090930
is this what keeps the show on the air?
>>
>>88091572
>But Yeardly voices Lisa and JUST Lisa and she lacks the vocal range to voice anyone else; that's her actual natural voice

Actually, she used to do Lisa on a higher register in the classic seasons but starting in around Season 8 she got lazy and just used her normal speaking voice.
>>
>>88091480
>>88091533
>>88091585

Funimation/4Kids voice actors are all non-union and work out of either New York or Texas. They are the bottom rung of the VA industry; basically the minor leagues.

So it's no surprise they're constantly being replaced and abused by their studios. Then again, most of them are anime dubbers and aren't very good at all (if they were good VAs, they'd be in LA and with the union).
>>
>>88091428
> Looney Tunes keep trying to recast everybody
> But they can never get rid of Bob Bergen because nobody else can do Porky like he can

I mean, he says he still has to go in and audition like everybody else, but I do wonder if anyone else even bothers showing up at this point.
>>
How high are the Simpson's ratings to justify it still being on the air?
>>
>>88091428
I heard that the Simpson's VAs controlling their pay rate was the reason majority of VAs are now salary jobs and the whole position is no longer a contract based job any longer.
>>
>>88091654
>Then again, most of them are anime dubbers and aren't very good at all (if they were good VAs, they'd be in LA and with the union)

The original Pokemon cast were pretty good and Maddie Blaustein really identified with Meowth and was pretty pissed off at losing her job. She went on the Serebii forums back then and told them to flood the new studio with hate mail.
>>
>>88090733
Not sure if off-topic, but what is that red skirt Lisa wears called formally when I want to learn to draw anatomy?
>>
>>88091728
Well, the Simpsons was pretty innovative in the early 90s by making the voice cast an integral part of the show's creative process instead of just disposable plug-ins like was the norm at that time.
>>
>>88091611
>>88091690

Simpsons actually gets shit ratings; numbers that would cancel any other show. However, the merchandise still makes a fuckin fortune.

Fox execs are afraid that if they cancel the show, the Simpsons will be seen as a dead property and the merch sales will drop. So they continue to finance the show because the high merch sales offset the production cost (at least now that the VAs have taken a pay cut and writing has been reallocated to freelancers).

If Simpsons merch sales decline enough, though, there'll no longer be any justification to continue to produce the show at the low ratings it currently nets.
>>
>>88091740
>Maddie Blaustein
>she

Nope.
>>
>>88091480
Pokemon voices are not as ingrained in popular culture like the Simpsons voices are. Hell, I watched Pokemon from the start all the way to whatever the show was called when Black 2 and White 2 were the newest games. I can't remember what Ash sounds like, I got to pull up a video to do it. I've never seen an episode of the Simpsons in my life and yet somehow I still know the voices by heart. Even I don't understand this shit but it is what it is.

No one cares about some manchildren complaining about a voice actor change but they think there'd be a much bigger shitstorm if they replaced a VA on the Simpsons. Don't they retire characters every time a VA leaves or dies?
>>
>>88091856
>I've never seen an episode of the Simpsons in my life
How is that possible?
>>
>>88091856
If a cast member dies.
>>
>>88091728

It's why Disney does salary. Partly because they want their legacy characters to have consistent voices, but also because they want their VAs to see their Disney gigs as a priority. When you're a salaried Disney VA, you can't miss a recording session because you have to be elsewhere to do a part of Warner Bros or whatever. That Goofy Talking Doll recording session is your first priority and any other roles you take are a secondary bonus.
>>
>>88091856
More importantly, Pokemon is almost entirely watched and enjoyed by small children who have little ability to act on any outrage they may feel at a voice change. They will still watch the show, they'll just be annoyed for a day or two. It is very safe to replace any voice actor on a children's show.
>>
>>88091689
I mean, Jeff Bergman started being WB's go-to Looney Tunes guy with TLTS, leaving Joe Alaskey to ring in the towel with that brand before he died

It's a matter of "who complains the least"
>>
It was called SOVA (Save Our Voice Actors) and it was an autistic campaign by unemployed manchildren back when Pokemon changed dub studios.
>>
>>88091831
Maddie is female.
>>
>>88091428

Regarding Looney Tunes and its constantly rotating cast, Jeff Bergman is part of the reason that became a thing.

After Mel Blanc died, he landed the part as the majority of the Looney Tunes cast. But he then started advertising himself as the new owner of those roles and got too big for his britches.

So that's why WB started hiring alternate VAs for every character and regularly rotated through them. If Bergman ever tried to demand more money to play Daffy Duck, producers could just point at Greg Burson, Joe Alaskey or Dee Bradley Baker and say "We'll just get one of them to do it."

And by regularly swapping VAs between projects, viewers never have a chance to acclimate to a single voice. We're all used to Bugs or Daffy or Sam sounding slightly different from show to show.

It's actually pretty clever, though it means that no VA can ever rely on any form of job security and they can never get a raise.
>>
>>88091740
>She went on the Serebii forums back then and told them to flood the new studio with hate mail.

[citation needed]
>>
>>88091978
>Maddie is female.

>citation needed

Trans isn't female, tumblrina.
>>
File: 5916592814f35735.jpg (24KB, 347x350px) Image search: [Google]
5916592814f35735.jpg
24KB, 347x350px
>>88091770
And then by 2007 lead the role right back into being disposable plug-ins again.

So basically they ruined the party they started.
>>
>>88092025
Transwomen are still considered female.
>>
>>88092025
It was and then Trump was elected....
>>
>>88091428

As someone training to be a voice actor, this made me feel great dread. But it doesn't anger me as much as celebrities being hired as VA's.
>>
>>88092025
>>88092051
Maddie was neither

Born intersex, raised as male, transitioned into female
>>
>>88090888
That sounds like the dream. Honestly, if I was in the VA's position and they closed the door on me, then fuck them. This shitty show has been going on too long anyway and I'm still making decent money, so they can hate me if they want. I don't give a shit.
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (7KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
7KB, 300x250px
>>88092051
Not any longer libitch
>>
>>88091428

A big thing is that prelay (recording dialogue first, then animating to the dialogue) is considered a creative work, so prelay VAs receive royalty payments.

Overlay (dubbing over finished animation) is considered translation work, not creative, and so there are no royalty payments for VAs.

It's why most dubbing is delegated to non-union VAs and almost all prelay is done by the LA union actors. There's more money in prelay and so the union guys get it and dubbing is essentially just "scraps" that the Funimation and 4Kids losers get to fight over.
>>
>>88091887
It's never interested me enough to watch, growing up without a TV, parents were hipsters that thought TV was too mainstream, also helped I guess. Some of the /co/ threads are pretty comfy though and you sometimes hear interesting shit like >>88091428 which is why I'm here. Usually I just lurk though. When it comes to actually watching I'd rather watch KOTH.
>>
>>88092129
>It's why most dubbing is delegated to non-union VAs and almost all prelay is done by the LA union actors. There's more money in prelay and so the union guys get it and dubbing is essentially just "scraps" that the Funimation and 4Kids losers get to fight over.

Huh. I always wondered why I never, ever heard any cartoon voice actors in anime dubs (with the exception of Ghibli dubs, but those are done by Disney and their VAs are kept on salary, so I guess it doesn't matter to them).
>>
I am not so sure any of the Simpson's VAs could possibly get much work anywhere else. They have a lot of baggage with them.

>Voices are too damn recognizable as their Simpson's characters.
>Studios will never pay what they are used to, and are possibly afraid of making the attempt knowing their history with aggressive negotiations
>Are too damn well known for forcing the VA position back into a salaried one instead of a contract one
>All the negativity surrounding the Simpsons lingering on and forcing every other Fox animated series out so far.
>>
>>88092129
That's absolute nonsense. They are essentially the same thing, except dubbing over finished animation is harder. I hate Hollywood and all Jews.
>>
>>88092196

Look at the filmographies of Azaria, Cartwright and Castellaneta, who were hard-working VAs in the 80s and 90s.

Once that contract renegotiation happened around season 9 of the Simpsons, the number of roles they did outside of the show dropped like an anvil. Now, you hardly ever hear them in anything but the Simpsons.
>>
>>88092196
Unless they're completely retarded they have more than enough money to be set for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>88091772
simpsons
merch....
WHAT?

besides dvds (if later seasons are selling) what else is there? did "don't have a cow, man" shirts make a 5000% comeback?
>>
>>88092247
...??? Why are you so hostile towards them but not live-action actors, who experience far greater success but are no more deserving of it?
>>
>>88092275
There are actionfigures still being produced and Lego made two 200$ sets out of nowhere in the last few years. I still don't see how that stuff sells enough to keep the show on air.
>>
>>88091908
>They will still watch the show, they'll just be annoyed for a day or two.
I can't remember what show this was for the life of me, but I got annoyed by a voice change one time as a kid that I dropped a show completely. Maybe I was just picky or the new voice was just shit, but it definitely happens for some kids.
>>
>>88092196
I think as long as none of the VAs tried pulling a Drake Bell pretty much any one of them could retire right this instant and live comfortably until dying of old age in the late 110s.

>>88092247
>they figure out automation for voice work
>they base the automation voices on certain VAs because they are what normies are used to
>VAs keep on getting royalty checks for that
>spoiled fucks like Tara Strong or the Simpsons VAs don't even have to work to get paid now
>every other VA can't find work because why hire a human when you can just use the automation to get it done a lot faster and with no fuss?

Since this seems like the worst case scenario this is probably what would happen.
>>
>>88092275
>>88092365
Comics, figures, shirts, etc. There's pretty much Simpsons everything out there.

It's not 1990 anymore and so it's not like you'll see that shit everywhere, but someone, somewhere, is probably buying it considering the amount of stuff out there with the Simpsons brand.
>>
>>88090930
Damn, she believes all that nonsense?
Didn't they do an episode making fun of Scientology once?
>>
>>88092369
Why do you want rich jews to have even more of the money and not have to share it with anyone?
>>
>>88090733
I saw this same story about 4 years ago. I only remember because the level of shitposting that ensued
>>
>>88092096
Oh god, that shit bugs me. That being said, I like how Disney went scouting in Hawaii for Moana, but they did make The Rock voice one of the mains, which is meh. Still haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure how good he is in that role.

By the way, what are you doing to train? I'd like to get into this as well.

>>88092247
That would suck ass for me if this happened. I guess I could still get into voice acting anyway but that would require me to start my own show, and I have no idea what that takes and it's probably a lot harder getting your show on a network than your voice.
>>
>>88092096
>But it doesn't anger me as much as celebrities being hired as VA's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VgXrLYFtw
>>
>>88092291

> 2 hours of work
vs
> months of work
>>
>>88092425
No

Which is sad, an episode making fun of that shit would be hilarious, but it would mean Nancy throws a bitchfit and leaves
>>
>>88092437
Because Donald Trump does. That's why he just made one Treasurer.

I mean, in the election he said that connections to the guy disqualifies you for the presidency, but that was then and this is now.
>>
>>88091978
Actually Maddie was born with a malformed and nonfunctional penis.
>>
>>88092096
>. But it doesn't anger me as much as celebrities being hired as VA's.

I dislike the idea of star power too, but holy shit I'd be alright with people like Christoph Waltz or Mark Strong voicing everything ever.

Some actors have some pretty fine voices.
>>
>>88092254
I really miss Dan in other shows. At least Azaria is starting to do a LITTLE more work elsewhere.
>>
>>88090940
>>88090779
Take your mind out of the gutter, dude.
>>
>>88092472
>I like how Disney went scouting in Hawaii for Moana, but they did make The Rock voice one of the mains

The Rock's mother is Samoan.
>>
>>88092275
What everyone else said, plus nostalgia. I'm sure Simpsons stuff in Universal has some to do with it as well. I'll admit, I bought one of those giant donuts, went on the Simpsons ride, and I think I have a shirt around here somewhere.
>>
File: still_193212.jpg (3MB, 3999x2250px) Image search: [Google]
still_193212.jpg
3MB, 3999x2250px
>>88092405
>>they figure out automation for voice work
>>they base the automation voices on certain VAs because they are what normies are used to
>>VAs keep on getting royalty checks for that

And then we all have lots and lots of cartoon sex?
>>
>>88092599
My mother's Norwegian, should I have been cast as Elsa?
>>
>>88092547
Got any pictures?
>>
>>88092595
Dan Castalleneta did say he'd be more than happy to come back and voice Grandpa Phil for the Hey Arnold movie, he says Phil is his favorite character of all the ones he's voiced.
>>
>>88092517
And then the show ends.
I see no problem here.
>>
>>88092620

Depends, are you a celebrity?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIB35sCg4I
>>
>>88092643
In certain circles
>>
>>88092599
I guess that makes it better? Still a celebrity voice though.
>>
>>88092275
Isn't there a lot of Simpsons merch sold in Central and South America?
>>
>>88092369
>>88092583
man you sound like a sociopath
>>
>>88092684
UNA VELA
>>
File: 00c.jpg (49KB, 902x653px) Image search: [Google]
00c.jpg
49KB, 902x653px
>>88092684
UNA VELA
>>
>>88091049
Seconding this.
>>
>>88091764
A sundress or something, but actually Matt Groening said her look was inspired by the Flintstones because mmmmuh childhood.
>>
>>88092723
>>88091049
"Trust but Clarify"

You can pirate it or find some stream site.
>>
>>88092805
Oh also Season 28 episode 5
>>
>>88092254
Yeardley Smith used to do a little bit of voice acting outside the Simpsons in the early days but not too much because her range is so nonexistent.
>>
>>88092275
Homer shirts are popular with dads.
>>
>>88092627
Dan has good taste. sometimes
>>
>>88091235
>but laid off a bunch of writers and started commissioning freelancers

Can't be worse. A bunch of writers were guys left over from the Scully era that needed to go a long long time ago.

But why the fuck they don't fire Al Jean I will never get.
>>
>>88090779
Reptilian.
>>
>>88092941
Celebs should just stop spouting their opinions on politics. Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump.
>>
>>88091772
I feel like the merch would sell fine if the show was done. Most of the stuff I see is based off season 1-10 nostalgia, and I wouldn't be surprised if a decent amount of casual fans legitimately don't know that the show is still on the air.
>>
>>88092941
This isn't /pol/ and being anti-Trump is not only basic human decency but common sense.
>>
>>88093001
You have to go back, Paco.
>>
>>88092996
Can anyone still be considered anything more than a casual fan? Who's rushing home to watch every single episode anymore?
>>
>>88091428
Yes, how dare they earn fair compensation for a very profitable show? Fuck those assholes, right?

If FOX didn't want to pay it, they'd cancel the show. And that's bullshit that they're the reason VAs change - no animated show has ever been as popular as the Simpsons. Networks are lucky if they have a hit one tenth the size of that. No VA will ever have that much leverage again because no show will ever be that popular again.

Besides, the vast majority of cartoons are for kids who wouldn't care one bit about a switch.
>>
File: emvopcl.jpg (64KB, 570x425px) Image search: [Google]
emvopcl.jpg
64KB, 570x425px
>>88092996
That must explain why they have no merch of the Chinese baby.
>>
>>88092425
Not that I can't recall. However, the writers being who they are, gave Nancy a few lines for Bart to read that attacked Scientology.

And, during the height of the Simpsons popularity, in the olden days, Nancy got reprimended because she called the Church of Scientology using Bart's voice. And, either some exec at Fox told her to not do that again because they don't want others to think "Bart Simpson" affiliate with the scam that is Scientology.
>>
>>88090733
They've all got the boorish manners of a Yaley.
>>
The writers hate Nancy Cartwright for that shit which is why they love to do episodes crapping on Bart.
>>
>>88092627
Isn't half of the cast of Hey Arnold returning for the movie? San Arnold and Gerald's voice actors who got reduce to background characters/new characters meant for the movie because they out mature both characters tonally.
>>
>>88091083
>Apparently, the Simpson actors get really, really pissy if they have to do more than 2 takes for a line. Probably why the acting on the show has sounded like it's been on autopilot for the past 15 seasons

Yeah this is especially noticeable with Nancy Cartwright and Julie Kavner, starting in about Season 14-15 all the vocal nuances they used to give their characters stopped and they became increasingly annoying.

The movie was great though, all of the cast especially Kavner were fantastic there.
>>
>>88093085
Why does it have a fivehead?
>>
>>88092405
"pulling a Drake Bell"?
>>
>>88092817
I think, aside from the Simpsons, Yeardly is known for her roles in live-action. Notably, Maximum Overdrive.
>>
File: AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg (73KB, 326x489px) Image search: [Google]
AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg
73KB, 326x489px
>>88093304
>>
>>88092275
>>88092365
>>88092423
>>88092602
Don't forget digital properties. Video games, subscriptions, any copyrighted work that is sold is included.

The Tapped Out Simpsons app was estimated to earn $130 million in its first two years. It's a typical free download with in-app purchases.
>>
>>88093259
Too smart to be yellow (white).
>>
>>88092476
The great irony here is that Matt Lillard is both the default Shaggy voice now AND a celebrity who got the role by way of the live action movie.
>>
>>88093496
>The great irony here is that Matt Lillard is both the default Shaggy voice now AND a celebrity who got the role by way of the live action movie.

To be fair, ALL of Casey Kasem's Shaggy alternates in the cartoons were absolute dog shit.

Billy West I don't quite count since he was a one-off, but Scott Inness and Scott Menville were so fuckin bad.

Matthew Lillard, Hollywood celeb or not, legitimately has the best Shaggy voice outside of Kasem. He was the best choice for successor.
>>
>>88093573
>He was the best choice for successor.

True enough.
And of course, it's not as though Casey "Nationally syndicated voice of Top 40 radio" Kasem wasn't himself a celebrity for most of his run as Shaggy.
>>
>tfw the Latin American dub had to change the original voice actors since S15

Good to know the English voice actors stopped trying at S15, too. There is no reason to watch the series that far into the '00s age.

http://es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Los_Simpson
>>
>>88093496
Lillard really makes Shaggy his own, I'm pretty sure Casey Kasem picked him for his successor.
>>
>>88093259
CalArts
>>
>>88093573
There's one thing with making your performance your own, and another thing with imitating the original so it doesn't sound genuine

Frank Welker does both with imitating Lorenzo's Garfield badly, and doing Scooby godly by making him his own
>>
>>88093304
Drake Bell basically lost all his money even though he could have lived off investments for the rest of his life from Drake and Josh.
>>
Casey Kasem was a whiny liberal douche who complained when they wouldn't make Shaggy a vegan and some cartoon in the 80s that had Arab stereotypes in it.
>>
>>88094022
Well Shaggy IS a hippy.
>>
>>88093232
>The movie was great though, all of the cast especially Kavner were fantastic there.

Apparently they made her redo her lines about 50x to the point where she had a terribly sore throat.
>>
>>88090758
It happened. The explanation was it's kind of a no-no to talk to the writers, to eliminate to chances of you influencing your character's role, prominence or development. The writers set the stage, you just do your part.
>>
>>88094022
Don't you talk shit about Casey Kasem
>>
>>88090733
Yeardley Smith is a no fun allowed douche. like, she hates Lisa R34. it drives her nuts.
>>
>>88094152
How someone can voice Marge for years and not get throat cancer is beyond me.
>>
BTW, Casey eventually trashed his throat from decades of doing that harsh voice. The last time he did voice Shaggy was in "What's New, Scooby Doo?" and he sounded like death warmed over.

He retired after that, but hilariously enough, it wasn't because of his crispy-fried throat, but because he got pissed off when the show's producers refused to make Shaggy a vegan.
>>
>>88094199
Clearly you've never watched a recent episode, she does sound like she's dying of terminal throat cancer.
>>
>>88090930
>Cartwright was awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after she donated $10 million, almost twice her annual salary, to the Church in 2007.

I, unironically, believe Scientology is some form of long running hedge fund, money laundering scheme, a way to transfer North Korean/Chinese/Russian counterfeit money, some super undercover tax evasion shit, the fucking mafia something anything!

There's just no way anyone believes the bullshit they spew. Like the stuff they say literally comes out of an episode if ancient aliens
>>
>>88094267
It's a wonder she can still speak. That shit would bug me after 15 minutes.
>>
>>88094377
Thankfully Battlefield Earth failed to earn them more than about $100.

Also Scientology is banned in a bunch of countries.
>>
>>88094199
because that isnt how cancer works
>>
>>88092096
Stop hatin,
>>
>>88092051
Them are dudes that like to dress up like chicks, If I run around dressed like spiderman and call myself spidey that doesn't make me spider man, no Im just a crazy fuck dressed like spiderman
>>
Julie Kavner apparently once said she has some kind of funky vocal cord nodule; I've actually never seen any Marge impersonator who sounded remotely accurate.
>>
>>88094551
I meant dudes that had actual surgery not traps or cross dressers.
>>
>>88094429
Shit, there's actually someone else who remembers that that movie existed!?
>>
>>88094429
because they are sane or they are filled with savages
>>
>>88094453
I didn't literally mean cancer. I just think it would impair any normal person's ability to speak in their regular voice by fucking up their vocal chords or something.
>>
>>88094785
That just makes you a mutilated biological male.
>>
File: 1444868435646.jpg (17KB, 280x287px) Image search: [Google]
1444868435646.jpg
17KB, 280x287px
>>88091428
>Disney is a special exception because they're pretty much the only studio that hires their VAs on salary.

What the hell are you talking about?!?

Disney VA is gig to gig. They are like plumbers when you need one you'll probably call the last one you used but they aren't on any retainer unless they are contracted for a series but after completion or cancellation? It's back to watching the phone and auditioning for commercials.
>>
>>88094551
I just wish science would hurry up because I know I'm destined to swing around like Spiderman and anyone that says otherwise is a spideyphobe that needs to check their privilege.
>>
>>88094861
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_status_by_country
>>
>>88094981
How does one get into commercials with no experience? Is it relatively easy in, say, Florida?

I used to know someone in high school who was in a Mario commercial, which is pretty cool. Don't know where they shot it but they still lived in Florida at the time. I lost touch with them though so I can't ask.
>>
>>88092275
There's a literally Simpsons amusement park
>>
File: 1463005486024.png (93KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
1463005486024.png
93KB, 600x846px
>>88092472
>By the way, what are you doing to train? I'd like to get into this as well.

I've been going to different Voice Over workshops/classes in my city (I live in Toronto, Canada). I still haven't fully jumped into the VA gig because of certain reasons and I also think I need a bit more practice (although one coach I have says I should've gotten an agent two years ago. I'm in better situation now though, so I'm gonna go back and train with her soon.)
>>
>>88095215
Nice, hopefully they've got good resources like that in Miami. Even better, hope I can get the hell out of here one day. Good luck.

By the way, is there anything you learned from your classes that you haven't been able to find online?
>>
>>88095215
Some people need coaching, some (like myself) are just naturals.
>>
>>88095324
Not an expert, but coaching probably looks good on your resume when you go to audition.

Post a vocaroo?
>>
>>88092646
Hilarious
>>
Harry Shearer is the douchebag who complained about Homer at the Bat for being a bunch of pointless celebrity cameos but then thought it was a wonderful idea to have a fucking Spinal Tap crossover.
>>
>>88093001
>This isn't /pol
pfft
>>
>>88094461

Nah, unless that richass celebrity makes a great VA (or they're specifically making a guest appearance as themselves), I'm gonna stay mad.
>>
File: Simpsons lolis chart.jpg (459KB, 1490x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons lolis chart.jpg
459KB, 1490x1065px
>>
>>88090733
Writers get paid peanuts compared to those greedy fucks that VA ion the show, and lets not get into the actual slave labor that is animation department. So I can see some resentment towards her, or any of the other cast members. She could also be a huge cunt in real life. She always came off as one back when she did interviews back in the 90s.
>>
>>88092096
Hi Billy West, still pissed that 7D got cancelled?
>>
>>88095838
Dan seems like a cool guy, though..
>>
>>88090733
Maybe because they hate their fucking job. It would be stressful to write for a shot show and know you could be let go and replace and the snap of some executives finger. The voice actors have more security because they are the voice of the show, although they could easily be replaced. I don't know why they didn't get a replacement for Krabapple that's just stupid.
>>
>>88090733
Literally the reason we have so many Lisa episodes, I'd fucking slam the door in her face too.
>>
File: 613-0025.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
613-0025.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>88090733
Not this copy pasta again.
>>
>>88095838
>She always came off as one back when she did interviews back in the 90s

How so?
>>
There is a lot of cocksucking of a lot of famous voice actors on /co/ but we can all agree that the cast members on the Simpsons are greedy fucks.
>>
>>88093085
Why is /co so butthurt about this character that played a major role in one episode and had a few background appearances in a couple other ones?
>>
>>88095967
They're the writers though. Are Fox execs forcing them to write more?
>>
>>88095929
>I don't know why they didn't get a replacement for Krabapple that's just stupid.
Ever since the beginning of the show, they have a policy of not replacing voice actors who die on the job.
>>
>>88096146
>Ever since the beginning of the show, they have a policy of not replacing voice actors who die on the job.
Uh huh sure
>>
>>88095324
>some (like myself) are just naturals.

HAH! I could say the same thing buddy, but I think I personally think I should try and hone in on my skills. Even people like you need training, skilled actors still occasionally go take lessons as well to make sure they stay good. If you truly think you don't need any training then I doubt you're that good and you probably aren't even a real VA.
>>
>>88096130
Nononono. You're not getting it. Because Yeardley Smith voices one character, they have to do a disproportionate amount of Lisa episodes to justify her paychecks.
>>
>>88094949
Not legally.
>>
>>88096017
Nothing specific, just that she used to complain about the writers writing Lisa in ways she didn't like.
>>
The writers are total shit garbage though, Nu Simpsons is complete trash.

yes the voice actors are highly over paid, but so is everyone. This show deserves to be a distant and glorified memory, not this walking corpse.
>>
>>88092275
Are you out of your fucking mind? Shirts, shoes, fucking underwear, ties, mugs, there's enough Simpsons crap sold every year to float out to sea and found a new country on.
>>
>>88092096
It should make you feel better because if execs don't want actors to have too high a value, you have a better chance not only getting to play any role at all, but there's the possibility of someday doing characters that you dream to play.

Ironically what you should worry about is the insular as fuck pro VA community that tries to keep newcomers and people who don't play by their club's rules out on the street while the same ten dudes get all the roles.
>>
>>88096322
Let's hire /co/ posters to write for the show. We can't do a worse job.
>>
>>88095303
>By the way, is there anything you learned from your classes that you haven't been able to find online?

Doing commercials is very annoying in comparison to cartoons. Voice Acting is incredibly fun and great when working with a partner. It doesn't matter if your voice sounds interesting or unique, if you can't act then you can't be a voice actor.
>>
>>88096474
That's why animated movies are increasingly using celebrities rather than the small bunch of greedy unionized VAs.
>>
>>88090930
Gotta wonder what kind of unforgivable dirt they must have on her.
>>
>>88092626
Just look at your own, same basic idea.
>>
>>88096193
So in a roundabout way, they are. I think it would be cost-effective if Fox and the writers get together and make an episode where Lisa is so smart, because they already jerk themselves off over her intelligence so much anyway, that she gets into Harvard. Have some le funny Simpsons jokes about "woah, a kid at Harvard? Isn't that wacky?"

Then she says some goodbye and she's off the show. The only person that really loses is the voice actress; Fox gets to save money, her shit episodes are canned, and maybe the Simpsons can go back to making decent episodes again.
>>
>>88096651
But I don't have a malformed and non functional penis.
>>
>>88096536
I've been taking some drama classes and my teacher likes what I've been doing, but I could definitely improve, plus it's more focused toward live theater. I know commercials are annoying but I think it would kind of be cool to be in a few.
>>
File: Fakkadi[1].jpg (78KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
Fakkadi[1].jpg
78KB, 600x455px
>>88094022
He quit voicing characters on Transformers because of an episode taking place in 'Carbombya' with it's extremely stereotypical ruler Abdul Fakkadi..
>>
>>88096838
That's a more understandable reaction than the silly vegan thing.
>>
>>88096474
>Ironically what you should worry about is the insular as fuck pro VA community that tries to keep newcomers and people who don't play by their club's rules out on the street while the same ten dudes get all the roles.

There's some sort commotion going on concerning that. I can't completely remember what, but for whatever reason people are saying it might be better to be non-union now.
>>
>>88090733
To think she could have saved the world by rolling in a briefcase of explosives before they closed that door. Opportunity missed.
>>
>>88096495

I'm pretty sure /lit/ could write a better episode. Some of the shit they've written is literal gold
>>
>>88092472
>still not sure how good he is in that role

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

This is all you need to see to make your decision on that
>>
These writers probably get memos all the time to "give Lisa more lines" because that untalented zero-range cunt is paid the same as the rest of the cast and this MUST BE JUSTIFIED.

They're terrible at their job but scapegoating YS isn't that far off the mark.
>>
>>88094199
She sounds like she smokes a pack of Mals per day. Her recent episodes show the effects.
>>
>>88096495
Believe it, we can and would do much worse. It would take all of five episodes before the show is nothing but Lisa doing lesbian fetish stuff with some OC character we made.
>>
>>88096322
You never had a shit job you half assed just to get a pay check?
>>
But seriously, who even still watches the Shitsons? They get about 3 million viewers per new episode.
>>
>>88097140

Wouldn't having less of Lisa result in them paying Yeardley Smith less?
>>
>>88096062
I don't think anyone hates Dan Castallaneta and Hank Azaria. They're total bros. The others though...
>>
>>88096838
SUPREME Millitary Commander, King of Kings, and President for Life of the Socialist Democratic Federated Republic of Carbombya!
>>
>>88096539
>Massively popular live action celebrity actors are cheaper than voiceover actors

Sure, kid.
>>
>>88097372
No because the voice actors are paid a fixed salary per episode.
>>
>>88096275
I remember all of the voice actors complaining in old 90s interviews that they didn't understand the jokes or thought they had too many guest stars.
>>
Didn't Yeardley Smith also throw a bitch fit over Lisa R34?
>>
>Tara Strong will never smother me with her ass

Why live?
>>
>>88097421

Well that sucks.
So they're trying to get their money's worth by having Yeardley Smith work more, but she only voices Lisa so this results in bunch of annoying Lisa episodes. Too bad they can't seem to get her to do anything else.
>>
>>88090733
What does she expect with the amount of money she makes compared to the writers?
Its an insult.
Not that the Simpsons have any writers worth paying these days.
>>
Imagine having to write for this burned out shitshow and make $60,000 a year on top of Los Angeles living expenses and then have this overpaid princess come and...
>>
ITT: a lot if people who think the folks who help make a product aren't entitled to a piece of the money it brings in. I bet you think it's outrageous that sports stars make too much money for playing a game too.
>>
>>88097819
Is there such a thing as good Simpsons R34? I kind of tend to think there isn't.
>>
voice actors are replaceable. They can just use 25+ years of previous recordings to make a software program that will perfectly duplicate them.
>>
>>88097324
about 3 million viewers
>>
Yeardley is the obnoxious dipstick who insists that Lisa can never be wrong and must always be a good role model and can never be physically abused and all that shit. Not to mention they have to write unnatural parts for her to justify her pay, her much, much higher pay.

We've heard about the shit the animators get put through by the guys up top, we can only imagine what the writers get put through to drag out one episode while this fish-faced bitch shows up and harangues them.

I can sympathize with the writers.
>>
>>88097324
As far as I know, it's mostly people like Boco with mental or physical deformities.
>>
>>88097948
I think these people don't understand that if the money doesn't go to the "talent" then it goes to whatever fucking rich piece of shit sits at the top. As debatable as it is if athletes and actors deserve to make so much money, they certainly deserve it a hell of a lot more than some nasty greedy rich kid who got his job through daddy's connections.
>>
>>88090733
>Yeardly Smith was on some podcast talking about how she went to bother the writers perhaps to give her 'insightful' opinions on how they should do their job, but they were trying to work so they closed the door in her face.

Why do voice actors think they can write?
>>
>>88097948
I don't have a problem with the VAs making a lot as long as all of the other people working on the show are paid well (note: not necessarily equal or close to equal as the VAs, but still well).

It takes a lot of hard work from a lot of people to make a show, so it would be pretty ridiculous for any single person to be considered so much more important than everyone else that for each episode they make the sum of several other employees' yearly salaries.
>>
>>88098281
What did she suggest they put in the scripts? Or should I rather not ask.
>>
>>88098377
No idea, but she did think that Colin faggot from the movie should become Lisa's recurring bf on the show, but of course the writers didn't care and instead were going to continue with their Milhouse ship.
>>
>>88093304
remember the 600,000
>>
>>88090733
>be pathetic writers working for a pathetic, exhausted show
>get paid $60,000 a year on top of Los Angeles living expenses
>have some spoiled princess who makes $20 million a year to talk into a microphone for a couple hours every few months tell you "Hey, s'up guys? I have some cool episode ideas for you."

I'd fucking do the same too if I were them.
>>
>>88098445
What even was the fucking point of Colin existing to begin with? Did someone axe Millhouse in a genuine Romantic Interest so they made Colin? His subplot was written worse than Season 25 C-plots (and the movie overall was somewhat decent).
>>
>>88096838
>I'll car bomb ya

Really makes you think
>>
>>88098551
The writers always intended to have a LisaxMilhouse love story in the movie, but for some reason the Fox suits wouldn't let them do it and forced them to use this Colin nigger instead.
>>
>>88098596
It was for marketing reasons--Fox thought Colin appealed to chicks.
>>
File: The_Leader.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
The_Leader.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
>>88092517
Wasn't the episode about The Leader a Scientology spoof?
>>
>>88098238
I'm an actor, and it's looking more and more like to get a good role on a tv show, you need some kind of connection anyway. Not that I can really take a side here.
>>
>>88098596
Good for them. Good for us. Making Lisa-with-a-Penis Colin a series regular is a terrible idea. If that's the sort of shit that fish-faced bitch comes up with I'd want to ignore her too.
>>
Angry Flanders was right. Lisa is an answer to a question nobody asked.
>>
>>88093085
Oh but it would be so cute to have plushies of them on your desk.
>>
You realize most of the Simpsons writers have STEM degrees from Harvard and Stanford right?

If they are so miserable and want to work somewhere else, they could do so easily.
>>
>>88096539
that's my problem with the mainstream voice acting industry (tara strong, grey delisle, john dimaggio, etc), it's just a circlejerk of compliments and money, the money they receive for doing gigs is fucking going to their heads and it really doesn't help that they're all friends, so the cocksucking is doubled
they must have ostracized at least a few VAs in the industry because they didn't conform to this pissing contest.
>>
>>88098818
I want to be a VA. How do I get into their secret club?
>>
Nancy, Dan, and Julie are all pretty damn hilarious on the DVD commentaries. Yeardley isn't funny at all. She just says in a monotone voice stuff like "Oh wow, I haven't seen this episode in 10 years." or "You can really feel Lisa's pain in this scene."
>>
>>88096146
>they have a policy of not replacing voice actors who die on the job.

When Doris Grau died, they recast Lunch Lady Doris with Tres MacNeille.

So they have no compunctions about recasting. Phil Hartman's characters are the only ones that have been offlimits, but they still managed to get their "Fuck you" to Phil by having Andy Dick as a guest star, anyway.
>>
File: 1478486019088.jpg (46KB, 315x398px) Image search: [Google]
1478486019088.jpg
46KB, 315x398px
>>88093339
>>
>>88092112
triggered cuck alert
mad that someone called a tans person a female?
go to your little /pol/hugbox if you cant handle reading someone elses opinion
>>
>>88098644
>Lisa cries at the sight of a cooked turkey
>>
>>88098281
>Why do voice actors think they can write?

It's just so tempting to want to add more to a cartoon, also after a while you feel connected to the character enough to want to try and influence how the character will behave.

aka: they want to have more fun and feel more like they are helping.
>>
I'm sorry, it feels like I've seen most of these comments before on past threads regarding Simpsons

Namely
>>88098928
>>88097819
>>88093085
>>88094193
>>88095678
What's with the copypasta?
>>
>>88098624
>Fox thought Colin appealed to chicks.

How?
By being cute? It's The Simpsons, the style of the show stops any character from being good looking.
>>
>>88098792
>the Simpsons writers have STEM degrees from Harvard and Stanford right?

Is that why they can't write and aren't funny?
>>
>>88099332
every post is a repost of a post reposting their posts.
>>
>>88099479
Yep
>>
>>88092517
Yea this, Scientologists lose their shit at anyone saying anything bad about their """religion""" moreso than just about anyone else in the world.
>>
>>88092620
is she Black?
>>
>>88098967
Anyone else think that Phil was meant to play Zap Brannigan? Futurama aired just after his death.
>>
>>88094429
Yea but After Earth made them some money.

Most of the really shitty scifi movies are Scientology based in some way.
>>
>>88094994
I'm getting my organic web shooters surgically installed next month!
>>
>>88097054
And everyone's favorite hero Steve Blum is notorious for this shit too.

Ask any other VA if they like him and see what they have to say.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>88097193
Seriously, how does someone who sounds like a dying cat dragged down a dirt driveway get a job voicing anything at all, and they make her sing on occasion.

Who thought scratchy sounding shit would be a good voice? She is especially awful in season 1 episodes where she mumbles half the lines and sometimes gets really quiet mid sentence.
>>
>>88100182
Daws Butler always used to say to not do harsh voices because they're not good for your throat.
>>
>>88098375
Animators in Korea are paid about 18-25K a year, the American storyboarders get about 60K a year, and the writers get around 70-75 a year, unless they are freelance

Meanwhile VAs get a flat rate of 300K per episode.
>>
File: Carbombya_Marker.jpg (42KB, 426x438px) Image search: [Google]
Carbombya_Marker.jpg
42KB, 426x438px
>>88096838
>>
>>88100182
Marge was actually better in the early seasons when she sounded softer. By Season 5 she got increasingly abrasive.
>>
>>88098486
>>have some spoiled princess who makes $20 million a year to talk into a microphone for a couple hours every few months tell you "Hey, s'up guys? I have some cool episode ideas for you."

That's what she has been doing for a long fucking time.

That is why Lisa is a vegan,
a Buddhist,
the voice of morality,
the voice of conservationism
has a lot of episodes about saving trees
has no episodes where she is at fault or has a comeuppance
is never shown to get hurt
is the smartest kid in the entire school

In the first season she was just the sister, and was prone to the same child like emotions as Bart, loved cartoon violence/candy/etc.
>>
>>88099938
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO SEEMS TO REALIZE THIS?
>Planet explodes
>ghosts from explodey planet come to earth
>fuck our shit up
Sound like ANYTHING?
>>
>>88100458
Nah that's just because the writers suck. As explained earlier, it's always a rule with writing cartoons that you don't let the VAs in the room to try and influence you.
>>
>>88098644
are you ok anon?
>>
>>88093309

She was on Dharma and Greg for years too.
>>
>>88094199

Hearing her in new episodes is rough. I feel bad for her.
>>
>>88100645

Shearer can barely do Lenny anymore, too.
>>
>>88100645
>actually admitting to watching Nu Simpsons
I shiggidy diggidy do.
>>
>>88100664
Yeah...your voice does tend to drop in pitch as you get older. Frank Oz eventually had to stop doing Ms. Piggy because his voice got deeper with the years.
>>
>>88091632
>>88100845
It could be possible as well that was why Yeardley Smith eventually stopped doing Lisa's voice on that higher register, perhaps as she reached middle age, she couldn't do that as easily as she could in her 20s.
>>
>>88098818

Well the VA scene is still a little bigger than that (although I'm including Canada, but that barely makes a difference. It's like having 10 groups of of five people and then adding one more group so you've now got 11.), but yeah it's a very tight industry with a lot of little groups of VA friends. Certain popular VA's seem pretty obnoxious though.

>>88098864

Take some classes, make a demo reel, get an agent, then somehow make friends/connections and get to work on a popular cartoon/movie.

Also be Union.
>>
>>88090733
>interrupt someone in the middle of a work day
>surprised when they won't give you the time of day
>>
>>88100845
Mel Blanc sounded really guttural in his later years but of course he was also a massive smoker.
>>
>>88100945
Just turned 18 and am graduating in May. Are my high school drama classes good enough or do I need to find specialized voice classes?
>>
>>88099855
He was. Groening wrote the character with him in mind.
>>
>>88101062
>Are my high school drama classes good enough

No. Not at all.

>do I need to find specialized voice classes?

You should take some sort of acting classes first ( Regular acting classes would be better, but improv can help you a lot/a surprising amount.). Then take some Voice Over classes/workshops if you can find them. If you've gotten good enough/a coach says you'd be able to be a VA, then you can make a demo reel and get an agent.

>You actually have to be somewhat good for a studio to record a demo reel for/with you because if the demo isn't good than the studio gets affected by it.
>>
>>88100845
Lenny is pretty high pitched, if Shearer can't quite reach the same pitch he could 20 years ago, then entirely understandable.
>>
>>88094377
Scientology is heaven with a VIP line that you can bribe the guards with a few bucks for eternal paradise and cut in line.

The more you donate, the more powerful you are in the church and others treat you like royalty. You also can relieve guilt not by doing good things or quitting bad habits, just donate more and a member would absolve you then tell you you're awesome.
>>
>>88098628
It was more about cults in general.
That Scientology is also a cult just means they use a lot of the same tactics.
>>
>>88101380
It also really appeals to the narcissistic qualities of Hollywood elite by claiming that higher up members are genuinely a higher and more evolved form of life spiritually and physically than all the filthy normal peasants. They cannot hope to ever achieve the same level of perfection and greatness.
>>
>>88098628
i think that was more a riff on jones town
if you don't know what that was look up a documentary on the infamous massacre that took place there
>>
>>88102229
>i think that was more a riff on jones town

It was making fun of all the major cults.
Scientology.
Jonestown.
The Moonies.
Maybe a bit of the Raliens in there.
>>
>>88091899
i wonder if the disney VAs started questioning their sanity when the Kingdom Hearts scripts went out
>>
>>88091899
Is it a case by case basis?

Seems like they didnt have that in place for Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pirates of Caribbean or Tron Legacy characters.
>>
>>88091996
I hate this though, Japan barely has bullshit like this.
>>
>>88098967
Actually that's slightly different, they brought her back as LunchLady Dora instead of Doris.
>>
>>88091480
The "new" Pokemon VAs have been in their roles for longer than the originals by now. Also Lillis and Stuart (and possibly others) did return in some capacity, just not as any of the "main" cast.
>>
>>88102805

Nah, they probably had a lot of fun doing that silly shit.
>>
>>88091632
That's just called getting old; same reason why Tress MacNeille does more World's Oldest Woman type voices as the years go on over her earlier Gadget/Babs/Dot voices.
>>
>>88100931
wasn't she in her 20s in the early 90s?
fuck, she must be what, 50-60 now?

man, i don't know if i could do one fucking voice for nearly 30 years...
>>
>>88094760
No shit; she's had that sound since her days on Rhoda. She's just old now. Show's been going for damn near 30 years.
>>
>>88100273

>the people who actually do the bulk of the work are paid substantially less than everyone else

what else is new
>>
>>88090733
That is an old ass story from years ago.
>>
>>88091689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXC_j5QB6v8
>>
>>88094377
Most of them are 2nd or 3rd generation. It's how people believe in Mormonism, Christianity or Islam.
>>
>>88103005

Yes. Minne has been voiced by Russi Taylor (martin prince on simpsons) for decades. Peter Pan has been done by different people for different projects, with some actors repeating. Captain Hook however has been Corey Burton for everything. So... its odd.
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270KB, 400x400px
>>88104239
He's so smug about it and he's completely right.
>>
File: thelastthingyoulleversee.jpg (74KB, 495x497px) Image search: [Google]
thelastthingyoulleversee.jpg
74KB, 495x497px
>>88095215
fellow TOfag here looking to get into the industry, just starting out and haven't looked around how to actually get involved/in. Any advice/places to look into?
>>
>>88104511

Well first I'll repeat this.

>You should take some sort of acting classes first ( Regular acting classes would be better, but improv can help you a lot/a surprising amount.). Then take some Voice Over classes/workshops if you can find them. If you've gotten good enough/a coach says you'd be able to be a VA, then you can make a demo reel and get an agent.

For VA workshops/classes you can try the classes with Second City and there were VA workshops in Livingston Studios with Elley Ray (but she may have switched buildings?). There are other places/coaches you can go to too. (which I think you should also try since the Second City classes are short.)

If you see Elley Ray you might meet me.
My initials are SS.

Btw for becoming a VA you gotta git gud.
>>
>>88103034

what the hell are you smoking?

Maybe VA no, but animators in Japan are mostly slave workers.
>>
>>88092096

>But it doesn't anger me as much as celebrities being hired as VA's

I agree with this, what is the fucking point to increase the budget of the film/series in 20 million dollars only to get a decent voice from a actor?
>>
>>88096809
London?
>>
>>88096838
>Carbomya.

I prefer 'Iedistan.'
>>
>>88092425
Nope. They did an episode making fun of cults in general (The Joy of Sect, from season nine), with some not-so-subtle jabs at Scientology , which Cartwright somehow just didn't catch.
>>
>>88104486
i wish Hook was fucking tim curry again...
i hate what happened to him
>>
>>88104806
cheers anon. Will look into it. Now to figure out prices and whatnot and see what is most likely to get me putting out a good demo.
>>
>>88105429
Listen to the podcast Triangulation, especially the ones with any VAs. Their fun to listen to and a lot of the guys will say their input.
My favorite that I've listened to is the one with Bob Bergen. He explains how the industry is done and how it was done.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
80KB, 1920x1080px
>>88091480
Because around 04 pokemon company was formed to handle the merchandising rights for pokemon.

SO Pokemon company was now handling the dub and not 4kids.
>>
>>88090733
her character was annoying as shit. The lis a episodes are the worst episodes.
>>
>>88092275

Are you retarded? Simpsons is a world wide phenomenon and the longest running cartoon ever.

I just bought a pair of fucking Simpon slippers that look like Homer. Simpsons is not going to go out of style for a long as time.
>>
>>88103034

Jap VA are also usually more than just VA.
>>
>>88104511

Aside from looking in to classes and workshops try online communities like New Grounds and Reddit start doing voices for stupid flash cartoons.
>>
>>88092275
Do you live under a rock or something?
>>
>>88096838
I will never get over the fact that something so FG-tier was actually the product of an '80s toy commercial about giant alien robots.
>>
>>88107415
>start doing voices for stupid flash cartoons.

I was thinking about volunteering voice work for cartoons and shit, is new grounds even still a thing? also I have no idea how reddit functions, I guess I could take a look into it though.
>>
>>88092599
>The Rock's mother is Samoan.

The Rock is super in touch with his pacific island roots dude. It's not just his mum, he himself has a great love for his culture.
>>
>>88100480

Kinda like the Defiant comic line that Shooter put out after he was ousted from Valiant?
>>
>>88097074
they tried that on Hitler. He continued his evil reign a bit longer... wait.. i think i see a parallel here.
>>
>>88098449
uhh i 'member
>>
>>88103725
Tress still does the Babs voice at cons though.
>>
>>88103998
She's 51.
>>
>>88108671
Damnit, I never though about how much Babs sounds like 65% of female background characters on the simpsons
>>
>>88094856
All that proves is the old meme about how John Travolta is the master at alternating between classic movies that defined an era and utter what the fuck did I just watch crap.
>>
>>88108699
Yeah I'm pretty sure she can still do the voice, although it might be a bit more difficult than when she was younger, which is probably why she doesn't do helium voiced characters so much anymore.
>>
Marcia Wallace I know dropped by at least a full octave at the end, also her line readings were absolutely phoned in and "who cares, just gimme my paycheck".
>>
>>88092504

So, you're a jealous cunt. Got it.
>>
>>88097097

I'm grinnin like a serial killer.
>>
>>88092275
In the last week when out shopping I've seen Simpsons action figures, Simpsons LEGO, Simpsons food products (Donuts, obviously), Simpsons clothing. It's shown every day at dinner time here, when a family may sit down and watch it together. It's not going anywhere.
>>
>>88104888
I'm not talking about animators.
Learn to read.
>>
>>88108903
I saw a bunch of Simpsons doggie chew toys in the supermarket not long ago and I thought "Yeah, that's pretty fitting because a dog chew toy is about what that show is worth nowadays."
>>
>>88107366
>Simpsons is a world wide phenomenon
Is this 1995?
>>
In short this is why Japan has to fix the industry.
>>
File: MISTASPALKAROO.png (248KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
MISTASPALKAROO.png
248KB, 1280x800px
>>88109296
>MISTA SPALKAROO
>>
>>88109343
BTW, that wasn't real Japanese in that episode, just gibberish.
>>
>>88109296
>fuck I hate realistic voice acting that isn't retardedly exaggerated good frame rate or plots that go anywhere, I wish western media could figure out a way to cut more corners in this department.
>>
>>88109397
No, you are way off, this is what Japan does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
>>
>>88091480
Maddie was pretty cool and fun when she used to post on Serebii, with the exception being her Obama shilling during the 2008 election, but oh well.
>>
>>88094022
Your right. Rewatch transformer 86, only vasey kaseums character die, besides prime. I heard this directly from a source, im not gonna reveal.
>>
>>88109392
There's a difference?
>>
>>88109422
That's Animaniacs, a western cartoon. I think you may be a little confused, possibly in a fugue state.
Kidding, I realize you're likely talking about production and I'm talking creators here. But if we put japan in charge of production of everything, all the cheap and bad western style stuff will be just as shitty, but in a Japanese way.
>>
>>88095373
Not the same guy, but I'll put this to the test. I'm going to an open call today. I've been in self made/fan dubs of web comics and a stop motion animation here and there, which isn't anything big, but I've had nothing but positive responses to my work. I'm really hoping things pan out well because I love doing it and I believe I'm good at it.

This is my playlist of work, but I've also got a demo I can give them (trying to be professional)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXtAMggoASoRReVaLv7RcJta1sCRkJqCJ

If the thread isn't dead when I get back, I'll post what happened. (Also, I kinda wanted to get this off my chest and tell somebody about it)
>>
I know in the early days of the show, they used to have an unofficial policy that if foreign languages were used, they had to do the real thing and not made up gibberish, evidently this was ignored by Season 8.
>>
>>88109496
Maybe they didn't want to bother with Japanese because it's way the fuck harder than French or something. I mean, they didn't have Google Translate in 1997; you needed a physical Japanese -> English dictionary back then.
>>
File: 1394582458440.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1394582458440.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>>88109492
Good dude! Good luck!
Even if the thread is dead people leave the tabs open and refresh and threads can surge back up, maybe just make a new thread about your experiance and VA's in general and link it here later.
But, yeah, go break their fricking legs off in the name of /co/!
>>
>>88091428
>The Simpsons cast is despised by most of the voice acting industry because they're a case of "ruining it for everybody else".

That must be why since 2000 they don't do any voices outside the Simpsons, while Dan Castallaneta and Nancy Cartwright used to be extremely active in the 90s.
>>
>>88109489
>Tokyo Movie Shinsha
>American
>>
>>88090888
Harry Shearer stopped coming into the studio in around Season 15 and he also says he doesn't even read scripts anymore, only his characters' dialog.
>>
>>88109667
so you didn't read the serious part behind the spoiler, eh?
>>
>>88109696
Higher budgets will avoid this.
>>
>>88100121
The only upside to the whole video game voice actor strike is that it could mean we'll never have to hear Steve Blum's voice in a game again (if not for a long time).

After hearing him voice almost every non-female NPC in The Old Republic, I'm okay with that.

Plus, he may seem nice and like a bro at conventions, but he comes off as a passive-aggressive snob who's punch-drunk from having his ego boosted and stealing Darran Norris' wife ala Eric Clapton and George Harrison.
>>
>>88109602
Wasn't Nancy in Rugrats?
>>
>>88109602
Didn't Dan voice Genie in Kingdom Hearts though? Or did they get an entirely different guy altogether? (It's been years since I played a KH game)

But it wouldn't surprise me if there was an unspoken blacklist against the main Simpson V/As in the industry because of the whole situation with salaried jobs v. contract, or at the very least, they're considered persona non grata by the pro V/As.
>>
>>88109492
Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>88109602
>>88109777
It could be that and it could also be that the Shitsons is a total joke now and anyone associated with it is blacklisted in the industry.
>>
>>88100845
Didn't whatsherface quit doing Harley Quinn because her voice dropped off in pitch with age and she sounded "off"?
>>
File: 1385693480562.jpg (130KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1385693480562.jpg
130KB, 500x375px
>>88109710
HAHAHAHAHAAA
Oh, I admire and pity your optimism.
>>
>>88109857
No, this is the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
>>
>>88109853
She sounded like a 70 year old with terminal throat cancer.
>>
>>88109882
I know it's the truth, but that's like saying if it rained beer that my life's general quality would improve.
It ain't ever gonna happen. Ever. There will always be 99% total shit produced and the 1% will be what actual budget is put into. Doesn't matter if it's yanks, nips, gooks, or durkaduks everyone has a unique way of animating well, and animating shit.
>>
>>88091899
I never liked Disney's creepily Orwellian business model.
>>
>>88094551
If I went through painful and expensive surgery to give me spidey strength and wall crawling abilities, then you better damn call me Spider-Man
>>
>>88109602
Pretty sure Dan can still get work as he wants it. But after voicing heaps of stuff for so long it wouldn't be a surprise if he wanted to slow down

I mean, it's not like he needs the money.
>>
>>88090733
Wasn't she in Maximum Overdrive?
>>
>>88110122
Yes.
>>
>>88109724
Yes.
>>
>>88092517
I'm beginning to think that's why the show constantly rags on Christianity, they know if they tackled other faiths, they'd have to do Scientology at one point.

>it would mean Nancy throws a bitchfit and leaves

The disturbing thing is she'd have to leave wether she's fine with it or not.
>>
>>88110223
Isaac Hayes had a freak heart attack and died while exersizing alone, it was later revealed he was starting to have second thoughts about leaving South Park.
>>
If the Shitsons still gets 3 million viewers per new episode, who the fuck are these people that still watch it? I know of no one that still watches the show and a lot of them aren't even aware it's still on the air.
>>
>>88110260
The newer episodes are not ship, it still ass rapes Korra.
>>
>>88110260
>If the Shitsons still gets 3 million viewers per new episode, who the fuck are these people that still watch it?
People like Boco with congenital deformities.
>>
>>88094155
>source
>it happened
Goodbye thread
>>
>>88109602
Dan Castallaneta is an exception, Nobody hates him.
>>
>>88090888
Remember the episode where Homer was voicing Poochie, and the other VA bitched that they only paid her for one "meep" in roadrunner's "meepmeep"
>>
>>88091280
>>88091083

Can you blame them? New Simpons is such shit now I don't even know how they can last an hour recording lines.
>>
>>88110695
No it is not, you are thinking of Voltron:LD.
>>
>>88092425
No that was South Park, wich got Isaac Hayes to leave the show
>>
>>88110096
Unless you're a perversely obsessed nut like Frank Welker.
>>
I remember subway used to air simpsons back when i was a kid. So you could watch and eat.
>>
>>88103034
>I hate this though, Japan barely has bullshit like this.

In animation, no, but in live-action film dubbing it's a clusterfuck of alternate VAs in Japan.

A movie can have 3 different dubs between the theatrical release, home video release and television broadcast (and each network gets their own dub, so it's often more than 3 dubs).

It's a shame, because Japan actually has VAs who are assigned to certain celebs so they sound consistent from movie to movie, but it goes to shit when each movie has a different dub depending on the medium of release.
>>
File: v8it.png (228KB, 1551x765px) Image search: [Google]
v8it.png
228KB, 1551x765px
>>88103725
>>88100931
>>88100845
>>88101297
>>
>>88090733
Yeah fuck that shit.
>>
File: 1477516398571.jpg (660KB, 2500x2276px) Image search: [Google]
1477516398571.jpg
660KB, 2500x2276px
>>88109081
If you're not a VA in japan you actually get dogshit pay just like here in America. in fact, its basically the same as the simpsons salary setup but worse and across multiple studios
>>
I am a Simpsons fan for like 15 years and I never knew their voice actors are such morons. Too bad
>>
>>88109570
>>88109803
Well, it wasn't an open call as I thought it would be; It was essentially an interview where I read 2 pieces of copy and then he asked about my experience and the type of work they get there. He seemed a bit surprised when I told him I was essentially self-taught (took some acting classes in college, but only 2-3) and I was surprised when he said I don't have a regional accent.

I was so thankful I put together a demo because, while he didn't take it, he said that getting that done is a good indicator that I'm serious about this. He did say that I could look into audiobooks or other websites for "resume-worthy" work, but he said for me to go to the casting offices is a big step and they have my phone and email.

No matter how that looks, personally, I'm excited. I finally took a step in the right direction and it panned out a lot better than my worst scenario of being flat out rejected.
>>
>>88112463
Yeah, that's not bad at all. Listened to a little of the playlist you posted earlier, and it sounded good to me. Always nice to see a /co/mrade following their dreams.
>>
>>88104065
That's hard to replace talent vs easily replaced worker bees.

You can replace animators, writers, stroyboarders, etc in a day with no actual problems. And no one will give a shit.

The second you replace the on air talent and the show could tank instantly. People will get pissed off, stop watching, complain that the whole dynamic changed etc.
>>
>>88109720
He is basically the voice of all things Star Wars now, every faceless mook and half the guest characters are him.

And he does nothing to make his voice sound different, no higher or lower. Just the occasional really shitty American born cockney accent.

He has an insane ego, and cannot stand for other people to have anywhere near his amount of lines in anything. He is commonly complaining to writers and directors to have more lines than his peers in everything he appears in.
>>
>>88111914
Believe it.
>>
File: eltiodelossentimientos453536.jpg (51KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
eltiodelossentimientos453536.jpg
51KB, 648x595px
>you will never fuck yeardley smith while she uses using the lisa voice
> you will never fuck isacha mengibar (who does the voice of lisa in my country) while she uses the lisa voice
>you will never ask either of them to do the lisa voice while you fuck em

heavy duty feelio, senpai-o
>>
>>88091480
I never got over it I dropped tht shit
>>
>>88091856
Faggot
>>
File: Believe Splinter.png (132KB, 521x227px) Image search: [Google]
Believe Splinter.png
132KB, 521x227px
>>88114302
>>
>>88092374
My nigga
>>
>>88110122

she was also in "the legend of billie jean" when she was nice and young
>>
>>88090733
I see london i see france
>>
>>88115480
That was even before Maximum Overdrive.
>>
>>88090733
thats what its like working in an office where everyone is cheaply hired hacks all /w impostor syndrome

try working in IT some time
>>
>>88094377
if you watch the HBO documentary they very easily explain that yes it was founded by people trying to make a big statement about taxes and how all religions are just nonsense so they intentionally founded a fake church in order to sue for tax shelter status
>>
>>88090988
No it wasnt
>>
>>88091740
>her
You can stop with the memes anytime now.
>>
>>88116125
Maddie is female.
>>
>>88114462
>Isacha Mengibar does Roberta's voice in The Cleveland Show

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>88116161
Sure. Her and Richard Simmons.
>>
>>88097895
>So they're trying to get their money's worth by having Yeardley Smith work more, but she only voices Lisa so this results in bunch of annoying Lisa episodes.

Nobody is stupid enough to believe this childishness.
>>
>>88109432
[citation needed]
>>
>>88116197
Richard Simmons is 100% male, unless the rumors about a sex change are 100% true.
>>
>>88107366
>and the longest running cartoon ever

Sazae-san has been airing non stop since 1969 in Japan.
>>
>>88116309
Cite needed for what?
>>
>>88116125
did you really need to meme reply to something 200 comments ago
>>
>>88116397
Her being "cool" in an internet forum.
>>
>>88116391
Only because Akihito won't let it end.

Naruhito will kill it off however as he and his brother can give a rat's ass about it.
>>
>>88116441
I doubt those old Serebii posts are preserved online, but I used to post on there in 07-08. They had the world's worst moderator and some of the most cancerous (but funny) posters ever. I mean, that mod was one massive asshole so much that he left the site and went to Bulbagarden Forums because he got tired of them.
>>
>>88091125
>They know the worst character when they see one
>THE CHARACTER THEY CREATED TO BE OBNOXIOUS AS FUCK
I'm glad these writers are making shit and the VAs are taking it all in. Because these writers are just using fairly talented people and making them read shit.
>>
>>88116540
I mean, really. Let /co/ write an episode or two. We at least have some appreciation for the characters and the show and how it's supposed to work (protip: Springfield is a town of blue collar goobers, not neurotic California yuppies).
>>
>>88113081
Sounds awful. I still fucking hate yuri lowenthal in everything especially because after SBFP pointed out his voice in everything I can hear it automatically now.

The only person I like who has no range is Patrick Warburton but mostly because he gets type casted so at least his voice feels appropriate and it's a very nice voice.
>>
>>88116599
>(protip: Springfield is a town of blue collar goobers, not neurotic California yuppies)
This is one of the things that infuriates me about Zombie Simpsons.

>the Simpsons used to be a regular middle America family who worried about things like paying their bills
>now they hang out with celebrities, go to wine tasting festivals, movie screenings, hipster cafes, etc
>>
>>88091978
Maddie was actually born intersex and her parents raised her as a male, then she transitioned to female. It's a bit confusing.
>>
>>88092684
A lot of memes in Argentina
>>
>>88116498
>some of the most cancerous (but funny) posters ever

How were they any different than /vp/?
>>
>>88094155
Again, Source.
>>
>>88116871

You cannot biologically "transition" from one sex to the other.

Maddie was male. Transgenerdism and transsexualism are not a thing.
>>
>>88090888
Castellaneta and his wife have been on and off the writing staff through the years; they're on this season
>>
>>88091235
>After the budget cuts Fox dropped voice actor pay to $300k an ep, but laid off a bunch of writers and started commissioning freelancers, who were paid WGA minimum of $23k for scripted episodes.
>The writers receive a pittance compared to the voice talent so some animosity is to be expected.

literally the only people to blame for this are the freelancers willing to work for such low wages
>>
>>88091428
Here in south america never had that problem apparently
Most of the times the voices are the same even after the complete reboots
>>
>>88092096

don't get jelly you can't be an all over actor
>>
>>88117239
That's true; he's the only cast member to write for the show until Shearer did it this past season.
>>
>>88097097
That was great!
>>
>>88092096
I dunno man, sometimes a celebrity doing a voice over is occasionally better than one of the professional V/As.

Like for example: James Gunn revealed a while back that several professional voice actors tried out for Rocket Raccoon first, but he wasn't impressed with any of them, because they approached it like a cartoon job and made him sound "too cartoony", which was why he ultimately went with casting a celebrity (Bradley Cooper, in this case). Regardless of your feelings about GOTG, I'm glad Gunn went with Cooper, because it would've been pretty grating to hear Steve Blum, Troy Baker, John DiMaggio, or Troy Baker instead.
>>
>>88118276
I disagree. How many one shot Bart gfs have they had that were voiced by Hollywood actresses like Anne Hathaway who can't sound like a 10 year old girl to save their life?
>>
>>88117109

Anon she's not trans, she's a hermaphrodite.
So yes she can be raised male and then decide to be female instead because she actually is both male and female.
>>
>>88113081
You're right about his ego. He had this air of smugness at a convention panel I saw him at a couple of years ago, and he spoke with his work -especially his video game work- with this air of disdain. Very off-putting, regardless of how you feel about the SAG-AFTRA strike.

>>88116715
I feel the same way about Michael Rooker: he's got absolutely no range, but he still does a great job no matter what he does. (Hell, he was super bro-tier to James Arnold Taylor at Salt Lake Comic Con earlier this year, and even helped coach him on improving the voice he does for Yondu in the GOTG cartoon)
>>
>>88118335
I'll give you that, but there are times when a celebrity doing a voice over work isn't that bad of a choice... but that's mostly for big budget films as opposed to ongoing cartoon shows (not counting Netflix stuff) when they can't afford to bring said celebrity back in an ongoing or frequent guest role.

Like, I couldn't picture someone like Dee Bradley Baker as Maui, or Tara Strong as Elsa.
>>
>>88102229
>i think that was more a riff on jones town
>if you don't know what that was look up a documentary on the infamous massacre that took place there
Dude, I fucking loved Dig!
>>
>>88094022
Casey is Middle Eastern.
>>
>>88118856
>is
How do I break this to him...?
>>
>>88091279
Most scripted shows have to increase the actors salaries every few seasons. Some its every 5 some its 10. Since most shows don't last that long its not a big deal. But it is why you see a lot of popular shows end on the 4th or 9th season. Cause the next season would put that casts salaries past profit levels. Simpsons just got renewed for over 30 seasons do the math on just standard raises, plus as other anons have said the VO in the Simpsons are in a unique negotiation place where they can demand the moon and Fox has to oblige or lose their biggest cash cow. Similar to what happened to Friends where the cast was making a few mil per episode.
>>
>>88097819
Yes.
>>
>>88119076
>and Fox has to oblige or lose their biggest cash cow

Since when is the Simpsons making any money anymore? The ratings are a joke now.
>>
>>88097421
Do they still get paid even if they're nto in the episode at all?
>>
>>88090820
Didn't she have something written into her contract about how Lisa can never be harmed, has to always be right, can't appear naked or sexualized, can't be this or that, can only ever be shown this way and a bunch of other crap.
If so, then the writers probably hate Lisa and it only looks like they like her because they're forced to.

>>88090930
>>88092425
I met her once, randomly in a food court in Melbourne. Didn't have a pen/paper or camera on me, so she gave me a card to her website, where I could get an autograph if I wanted. I eventfully checked out the website and there was links all over the place to Scientology websites.

>>88091235
>Back in 2010 a Simpsons writer could be making $250k for scripting an episode
>freelancers, who were paid WGA minimum of $23k for scripted episodes.
This is why I'll never take Writers Strikes seriously, or not think that they're greedy cunts.
>>
>>88119708
>Didn't she have something written into her contract about how Lisa can never be harmed, has to always be right, can't appear naked or sexualized, can't be this or that, can only ever be shown this way and a bunch of other crap.

Sounds like bull because Lisa has been wrong plenty of times (eg. Bart Star) and has gotten beaten up (eg. Bye Bye Nerdie).
>>
>>88119708
They've never shown any female 3-17 naked, not even a background character or one-off.
>>
Yeardley Smith took down her Twitter because there was some...unpleasantness.
>>
>>88120096
That being...?
>>
File: Too_hot_for_tv_3.png (344KB, 342x599px) Image search: [Google]
Too_hot_for_tv_3.png
344KB, 342x599px
>>88119933
I wasn't saying that they were going to show her nude, just that I had heard that, that was one of her demands.

At a guess, I'd say that she wanted to stop things like this, pic related
>>
>>88119708
Or in short, DON'T USE WRITERS, let the animators make the cartoon like what god wants.
>>
>>88114462
supposedly she's dumped several would-be boyfriends pretty much on the spot for asking her to say lewd things as Lisa.
>>
>>88120239
>>88119708
I never heard any of this bull, but I do know she used to get pissed off at cons back in the 90s when neckbeards would ask her to recite lewd dialog.

Tara Strong at least gives them what they want.
>>
>>88119114

Merch.
>>
>>88120281
>literally every other voice of a kid character gets a laugh out of making them say stupid adult shit
>not even Lisa's voice can be fun
>>
>>88120239
I don't buy it because if it were just that they couldn't show Lisa naked, then we could have still seen background characters like Sherri & Terri naked or a one-off character, but that's never been done either.
>>
>>88120241
Fuck off John K
>>
>>88120461
I'm not John K.
>>
>>88120483
fuck off famicom
>>
>>88120502
Not him either.
>>
>>88120414
Although Nancy Cartwright said once she didn't use Bart's voice during sex.
>>
Simpsons should just replace all their VAs. There's heaps of people out there who can do Simpsons voices. They'd have no trouble finding replacements.
>>
>>88120427
>>88120398
Like I said, it was just something I'd heard. I could be wrong or be getting her mixed up with someone else.
>>
>>88120630
If they can replace Mel Blanc they can replace The Simpsons' cast.
>>
>>88120630
Except Julie Kavner since I've never heard an accurate Marge impersonator and like someone else said, she apparently has a weird vocal cord nodule that gives her that sound.
>>
>>88120630
The VA's are the only thing decent about the simpsons. Also, fuck just replacing VA's I've dropped Shows for that bullshit. At least the japanese treat their VA's like professionals. Even if they fuck over animators.
>>
>>88120738
>The VA's are the only thing decent about the simpsons

Get off of /co/, Yeardley.
>>
>>88120738
Not all studios fuck over their animators, TMS spoils them.
>>
>>88120281
What a douche.
>>
>>88121168
drop dead, Famicom.
>>
>>88121168

TMS Fag Alert.
>>
>>88121292
>>88121322
No, you 2 are way off.
>>
>>88120239
>anatomically incorrect Maggie
>>
>>88120239
>>88119933
>>88119708
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/260100

Unused scene from the movie.
>>
>>88118897
Goddamn it, he's dead too?
>>
File: 1470106010243.png (132KB, 297x245px) Image search: [Google]
1470106010243.png
132KB, 297x245px
>>88091235
>250k/yr
>pittance
>>
>>88121618
Are you Squidding me? He died like 3 years ago.
>>
>>88121577
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/832513

Fixed.
>>
>>88121577
What. Is this real?
>>
I can't get Paheal to load now, but that place annoys me. Way too many fucking popups, they delete toddlerkon, and why the fucking fuck do you have to register as a user to post pics, but not comments?
>>
>>88121903
It was not.
>>
>>88121941
Please use add blocker.
>>
>>88121903
>>88121947
I don't know. It sure looks real.
>>
>>88121941
Sometimes it locks up too when you use the search box.
>>
>>88118639
>or Tara Strong as Elsa.

That's sort of weird comparison since Elsa's VA isn't really a celebrity but a Broadway singer/actor, who is definitely the type of person that would be chosen/looked for when it comes to a musical Disney movie, in comparison to a regular cartoon actor or some rich star power celebrity.
>>
>>88122433
Besides, Tara probably can't sing that well.
>>
>>88122048
Some fan artists are excellent on copying the show's art style.
>>
>>88094155
Well that's still unconfirmed and as an aside it's also pretty retarded.
>>
>>88122609
I've done Simpsons fan art and I try to stay as on-model as I can within my limitations and while adding a few of my own little stylistic ideas.
>>
t est
>>
File: bitchplz.jpg (21KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
bitchplz.jpg
21KB, 160x160px
>>88096103
Because she replaced Jub jub you dumb shit.
>>
>>88124067
Ling is more fappable than Jub Jub though.
>>
>>88110122
Yes, as the "incredibly obnoxious character you wanted to see die horribly"; so voicing Lisa wasn't as much of a stretch.
>>
>>88110252
>Freak heart attack and died exercising alone

Yeah, let's go with that..
>>
File: lisa_upskirt.jpg (76KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
lisa_upskirt.jpg
76KB, 470x353px
panties
>>
>>88118555
That's a pity. I remember seeing Steve Blum in person at a con many years ago in 2008; seemed like a really chill guy. Shame that ego got the best of him.
>>
>>88094155
>>88090733
sauce or gtfo
>>
>>88116599
>>88116765
The show is written by neurotic California yuppies. And well, you write what you know....

I kind of doubt a single writer that has even met a blue collar person once in their life.
>>
>>88111805
I know but I'm not talking about them, I was only referring to voice actors.
>>
>>88119076
Well if a series is going past 5 seasons, then it most likely is a huge thing that is loved by lots of people and makes a ton of money.
>>
>>88119127
Yes they do, this has happened a number of times in the past.

But it is the same for writers, if they make a script they still get paid even if it is not made into an episode.
>>
>>88116715
Patrick seems to play similar types of characters all the time, but yeah he has a very nice instantly recognizable voice.
>>
>>88119708
Sort of, it's more like she does not get physical, this began around season 14 or so.

She demanded things like Lisa be a Buddhist and a Vegan, smartest student, and have her being the smartest be an aspect of episodes.
>>
>>88116765
Even way back in that episode with Frank Grimes it was pointed out the numerous extravagant things the family has done despite their middle class status, it's nothing new.

Family guy on the other hand has a lower poor class.
>>
>>88127013
I thought Lisa just staying vegan was the requirement Paul and Linda McCartney made for them to appear in the show.
>>
>>88118276
No voice for Rocket will ever come up to Greg Ellis.
>>
>>88119076
It's also why the Disney Marvel animated shows constantly rebrand themselves as a new show every season to avoid paying more.
>>
>>88127106
>constantly rebrand themselves as a new show every season to avoid paying more.

What?
>>
>>88127484
This is true

Animator, writer, and voice actor pay goes up with the length of a series, typically after 3 seasons. If they cancel the show, and make the same damn thing with the same characters but a new title logo then that's an all new series and they either get a new crew or use the old one at the same entry pay rate as before.

That way they can keep X series on the air but never ever have to pay more for the production costs.

Disney is surprisingly savvy with being the cheapest jews on the market towards their creative talent.
>>
This thread made me waste an hour of my life looking at Yeardley Smith nudes.

From Ginger Ale Afternoon, if you're fap-curious.
>>
>>88128088
>Yeardley Smith nudes
Barf.
Thread posts: 513
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.